Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

etalian posted:

that study saying 33% of Americans would refused to get the vaccine because it would have Bill Gates mind control ability.

wow he already controls 67%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Even if a vaccine is developed, tons of people will be killed by COVID-xx every year because:

1. Tons of people who are immunocompromised can't get the vaccine
2. There is a significant anti-vaxx population in the USA to begin with
3. Refusing to get the vaccine is going to be a partisan political marker, which will augment #2 in hilarious ways.

It's gonna be great.

If Covid becomes seasonal it's just going to be the flu, but worse, and also we'll still have the regular flu.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Not an anti-vaxxer but i have a really hard time believing this FDA/market wouldn't cut corners on a covid vaccine. I'll take the vax when other countries take it...

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Mayor Dave posted:

america has surrendered to the virus
no way to prevent coronavirus killing 100,000 people every year, says only nation where coronavirus kills 100,000 people every year

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1259159788988088321

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Not an anti-vaxxer but i have a really hard time believing this FDA/market wouldn't cut corners on a covid vaccine. I'll take the vax when other countries take it...

there will be one and they just wont bother to use it lol, like bcg in the US

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/imbadatlife/status/1259244178669744136

the blue line are expected/recommended lockdowns (assuming no vaccines or instacures found in the meantime i guess)

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

that doesn't look pleasant with or without the virus

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

poty posted:

the blue line are expected/recommended lockdowns (assuming no vaccines or instacures found in the meantime i guess)

That won't happen. There won't be another lockdown

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the CDC is saying 200,000 new cases a day by the end of May

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
When things spike again in 2 weeks it's going to own when everyone starts giving interviews saying "if only we knew!" and whatever

Bi-la kaifa
Feb 4, 2011

Space maggots.

I loving knew this was going to happen. As soon as they showed us their plan I knew people were just going to say gently caress it.

It's like watching a classroom pack up 10 minutes before class and you just know the teacher is going to make them stay late because of it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

people can’t do gradually steps. as soon as things loosen up by a little bit peolpe will jsut stop

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

That won't happen. There won't be another lockdown

theres not gonna be any coverage at all once everywhere finishes reopening

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

theres not gonna be any coverage at all once everywhere finishes reopening

clogged hospitals?
mass graves?
rising infections?

:yooge: FAKE NEWS!

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/BoardingArea/status/1259216708729925632

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/TxTrialAttorney/status/1259087351395028995

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

smarxist posted:

clogged hospitals?
mass graves?
rising infections?

anti-mattering will hold until production disintegrates so far that the lifestyle of the ultra-rich is permanently impacted

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Texas and Florida have to be reporting like 50% of deaths

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

hey, so, you know how pennsylvania has a county-by-county enforcement level for its shelter-in-place stuff

well it may shock you to hear this, but: several 'red' counties in pennsylvania are planning to ignore the governor's orders and move themselves from 'red' to 'yellow' because they feel like it

Schuylkill County tells governor it’s going rogue, easing coronavirus restrictions without permission

i'm pretty sure governor wolf's not gonna do poo poo about it, but what do i know

I can’t wait to say “I told you so” to everyone I grew up with

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

remember that Prima Donna song in Phantom of the Opera? Gavin Newsom and Nancy Pelosi will be doing that with Elon Musk so he doesn't leave CA

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

euphronius posted:

Texas and Florida have to be reporting like 50% of deaths

Florida is only counting year round residents lol.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

https://twitter.com/jtLOL/status/1259241882330238977?s=19

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

smarxist posted:

clogged hospitals?
mass graves?
rising infections?

quote:

The plan is to have no plan, to let daily deaths between one and three thousand become a normal thing, and then to create massive confusion about who is responsible— by telling the governors they’re in charge without doing what only the federal government can do, by fighting with the press when it shows up to be briefed, by fixing blame for the virus on China or some other foreign element, and by “flooding the zone with poo poo,” Steve Bannon’s phrase for overwhelming the system with disinformation, distraction, and denial, which boosts what economists call “search costs” for reliable intelligence.

Stated another way, the plan is to default on public problem solving, and then prevent the public from understanding the consequences of that default. To succeed this will require one of the biggest propaganda and freedom of information fights in U.S. history, the execution of which will, I think, consume the president’s re-election campaign.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

euphronius posted:

people can’t do gradually steps. as soon as things loosen up by a little bit peolpe will jsut stop

I hate to be all my uncle works at Nintendo, but I know someone who works at a fairly significant university, and the administrators there are openly admitting among themselves that if they don't open in August, the university will close. So they are going to open in August no matter what. They dont' have any other choice

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

what's the alternative? there were a lot more infections with restrictions and now we'll see a GIGA SPIKE with looser restrictions? lol

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Gripweed posted:

I hate to be all my uncle works at Nintendo, but I know someone who works at a fairly significant university, and the administrators there are openly admitting among themselves that if they don't open in August, the university will close. So they are going to open in August no matter what. They dont' have any other choice

what happens when the professors and students don't show up

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lady Militant posted:

what happens when the professors and students don't show up

theyll all show bc they need a job/degree in a depression more than ever

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the purposes of the US response were probably

1) lockout
2) china war
3) election tampering

in maybe that order

what i feel like ppl are missing is that an Iraq-style invasion and hot war with China would go nuclear and lead to potentially multiple gigadeaths and absolutely shred the antimattering field.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL Nashville is about to be New York 2.0

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

poty posted:

We've already busted that model and we're not locking down again.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mayor Dave posted:

america has surrendered to the virus

Kayking has to be the best possible social distancing you can do though, why worry about it

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
we have enough produced materials to shut down all of society for 45 days, freeze all rents and bills, distribute food/medicine, free healthcare, enforce quarantine and burn out the virus like a light switch

but because our material lives are entwined with ever more production and gains and there's an enormous house of cards built on all of our backs that supports a complicated matrix of sovereign power divvied up amongst oligarchs, we have to have a long slow death march into hundreds of thousands of corpses to sate their psychotic determination to stay gripped onto the reigns of society

any other sane, rational civilization (communist) would be able to understand what needs to be done for the good of all and get it done easily lmao

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

smarxist posted:

we have enough produced materials to shut down all of society for 45 days, freeze all rents and bills, distribute food/medicine, free healthcare, enforce quarantine and burn out the virus like a light switch

but because our material lives are entwined with ever more production and gains and there's an enormous house of cards built on all of our backs that supports a complicated matrix of sovereign power divvied up amongst oligarchs, we have to have a long slow death march into hundreds of thousands of corpses to sate their psychotic determination to stay gripped onto the reigns of society

any other sane, rational civilization (communist) would be able to understand what needs to be done for the good of all and get it done easily lmao

our response is definitely bc unemployment was low and wages were creeping up lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the military is setting the standard for this to be a lifelong employment scarlet letter, our response is designed to keep the white middle class insecure

u will get this and if u cant cover it up in shame ull get kicked into an underclass of dirty filthy ppl

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
you'd think chuds would love lockdowns since they are such a pure expression of isolationism but alas hamberder come first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
*not a single motherfucker goes outside for years creating the fattest society in the history of the world*
"guys, for your protection you must stay inside away from people*
every single motherfucker on earth:
https://twitter.com/ianjamesyoung70/status/1259128029407703041?s=19