Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ethanjweiss/status/1259165939037331456
Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

2DCAT posted:

When things spike again in 2 weeks it's going to own when everyone starts giving interviews saying "if only we knew!" and whatever

lmao

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

open er up wide

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

3 deaths from 80,000 on WorldOMeter.

edit: ok, it's 80,004

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

It kills kids 6 weeks later

ok is China keeping that part completely under wraps?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

shovelbum posted:

the military is setting the standard for this to be a lifelong employment scarlet letter, our response is designed to keep the white middle class insecure

u will get this and if u cant cover it up in shame ull get kicked into an underclass of dirty filthy ppl

If the US kept the current response up until the disease was defeated this would make sense, but all the middle class white people (outside of silicon valley?) are begging to end the lockdown and get infected right now.

Black and Latino people are getting killed by this virus right now in part because they disproportionately make up "essential workers." Ending the lockdown means the non-essential/work from home groups get it too

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rauros posted:

that doesn't look pleasant with or without the virus

Looks about the same on the beaches

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Koirhor posted:

is it such a small percentage of kids that get really sick that China didn't have enough clear cases?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

2DCAT posted:

When things spike again in 2 weeks it's going to own when everyone starts giving interviews saying "if only we knew!" and whatever

they will say it is happening because we didn't end lockdown soon enough or because we shouldn't have locked down at all. soon a majority of americans will believe that social distancing and lockdowns cause coronavirus and the only cure is spitting in each others' mouths as greetings

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

This was shot with a lense that only makes it look like people are close together. Open your eyes sheeple

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
So we are 1 week out from iowa reopening restaurants. The county i lived in has started having new cases of corona after going a week and a half without any.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mayor Dave posted:

america has surrendered to the virus

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with somebody getting out on a lake right now as long as they aren't getting the gang back together.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Looks about the same on the beaches

is this a camera from the 80s?

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Thoguh posted:

Honestly I don't see anything wrong with somebody getting out on a lake right now as long as they aren't getting the gang back together.

it's because americans can't show restraint or exercise moderation

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lady Militant posted:

what happens when the professors and students don't show up

What choice do the professors have? They gotta eat. And half the students is a lot easier to deal with than none of the students

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the only way to save america would be to literally imprison everyone in their homes, americans are simply too stupid, selfish and petty to survive this without someone forcing them to do the right thing.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Raiad posted:

it's because americans can't show restraint or exercise moderation

Restraint is tyranny. Moderation is slavery!

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i bought masks that a local nurse hand made from this coffee house and they shipped the next day:

https://mozartscoffee.com/face-masks-health-safety/

you probably have local people doing the same thing if you look around...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Koirhor posted:

NY has had four times as many cases as all of China, they may have just not recognized it.

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Those videos that leaked out of China of people welding bars across apartment doors is a pretty drat good idea in hindsight.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Gripweed posted:

What choice do the professors have? They gotta eat. And half the students is a lot easier to deal with than none of the students

Tenured faculty have quite a bit of power and are the main drivers of almost everything at a university, they could absolutely refuse to go along with this cockamamie plan and gently caress up the universitys poo poo. Im expecting almost all universities to go to a hybrid model where small classes meet in person with social distancing, and large classes are held online.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Name the whistleblower

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

so brave! :allears:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Pump Jockey posted:

Tenured faculty have quite a bit of power and are the main drivers of almost everything at a university, they could absolutely refuse to go along with this cockamamie plan and gently caress up the universitys poo poo. Im expecting almost all universities to go to a hybrid model where small classes meet in person with social distancing, and large classes are held online.

Yeah this is the death of tenure. It wasn't doing great already, but it's just not gonna be a thing anymore

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

smarxist posted:

I was like "yes, yes, sounds good, ok cool, wait what"

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

smarxist posted:

we have enough produced materials to shut down all of society for 45 days, freeze all rents and bills, distribute food/medicine, free healthcare, enforce quarantine and burn out the virus like a light switch

but because our material lives are entwined with ever more production and gains and there's an enormous house of cards built on all of our backs that supports a complicated matrix of sovereign power divvied up amongst oligarchs, we have to have a long slow death march into hundreds of thousands of corpses to sate their psychotic determination to stay gripped onto the reigns of society

any other sane, rational civilization (communist) would be able to understand what needs to be done for the good of all and get it done easily lmao

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

i bought masks that a local nurse hand made from this coffee house and they shipped the next day:

https://mozartscoffee.com/face-masks-health-safety/

you probably have local people doing the same thing if you look around...

I've got a mask for you *stretches scrotum*

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xB0bUtTvdCU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Harvard has a multi billion dollar endowment and is still doing pay cuts and layoffs even though they could weather this without any changes if they wanted to.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

lol :rip:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LOL Nashville is about to be New York 2.0

STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

smarxist posted:

someone call a doctor, i've been exposed to a fatal dose of liberalism

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Ages posted:

someone call a doctor, i've been exposed to a fatal dose of liberalism

I dont know if this is the Louisiana senator or some actual Kennedy family member

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

3 deaths from 80,000 on WorldOMeter.

edit: ok, it's 80,004

Corona death totals as dragonball Z power levels

Now at: Goku as he arrives on Namek after training at 100x gravity and blowing through all the sensu beans

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

I dont know if this is the Louisiana senator or some actual Kennedy family member

he's the guy they're trying to force into the MA primary to oust ed markey

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Everyone seems to be wearing masks, and people don't move around or talk much in airplanes, but everyone there shares either one or two armrests with another person, as far as touching the same surfaces.

And the bathrooms...

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

LOL Nashville is about to be New York 2.0

cool cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Samurai Sanders posted:

Everyone seems to be wearing masks, and people don't move around or talk much in airplanes, but everyone there shares either one or two armrests with another person, as far as touching the same surfaces.

And the bathrooms...

and the air is circulated for hours

edit: yeah this is kind of a dumb comment, but the air doesnt circulate all that well in planes so viruses spread really easily

Pead has issued a correction as of 00:46 on May 10, 2020