Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I feel it would be a cool moment if they kept EoE an absolute secret from the main players still in the game only to reveal these hungry exiles at the merge as some rabid revenge tribe. And drop like three of them back in the game through a challenge then board up EoE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Lampsacus posted:

I feel it would be a cool moment if they kept EoE an absolute secret from the main players still in the game only to reveal these hungry exiles at the merge as some rabid revenge tribe. And drop like three of them back in the game through a challenge then board up EoE.

That’s basically what happened on Pearl Islands and it was pretty underwhelming to be honest

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lampsacus posted:

please god not the outcasts again

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Aerox posted:

That’s basically what happened on Pearl Islands and it was pretty underwhelming to be honest

OFFICER LIGER posted:

These are fair points. I retract.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Someone got Sandra to do a Cameo about her saying "nope" to EoE and why she gave Denise the idol: link

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
It was secret in the first EoE season which was pretty neat, I don't remember exactly how the reveal went, my entire recollection is keith breaking down in front of the sign chanting "come on, God"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Spokes posted:

It was secret in the first EoE season which was pretty neat, I don't remember exactly how the reveal went, my entire recollection is keith breaking down in front of the sign chanting "come on, God"

They walk down the path that usually heads to the doctor's tent and ponderosa, and they stuck a sign in the road that said "go this way for extinction."

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Max posted:

They walk down the path that usually heads to the doctor's tent and ponderosa, and they stuck a sign in the road that said "go this way for extinction."

Yeah, I meant how did they reveal it to the remaining players

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Spokes posted:

Yeah, I meant how did they reveal it to the remaining players

Ah,

First time the remaining players found out was the comp that Devens won. I think they just marched the EoE players out and revealed it right there.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al_8hqFO1UE

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

OFFICER LIGER posted:

THE IRONY

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Max posted:

Ah,

First time the remaining players found out was the comp that Devens won. I think they just marched the EoE players out and revealed it right there.

Thank you!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Aerox posted:

I

what

how was Pearl Islands underwhelming

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
pretty sure they meant the outcasts specifically.

which is true because lil

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lil was worth it just for the sheer hilarity of her beating Fairplay in the F3 challenge.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Is the finale tonight or Wednesday?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stokes posted:

Is the finale tonight or Wednesday?

Wednesday

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

It's crazy how much poo poo they have to do for the finale. I'm not sure what they are planning to do for the reunion but I guess they were already planning to cut it pretty short. Like we have the EOE challenge, 3 immunity challenges and tribals and the fire making challenge just to get to the final 3. I think this is probably also the 1st time in a long while they likely won't have any footage to do a preview of the next season... unless they already have a cast and theme in mind, but that seems unlikely if they haven't begun filming yet.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Honestly the reunions are pretty bad these days. The only thing worth checking in for after they announce the winner is to see who gets the Sia money now.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

Honestly the reunions are pretty bad these days. The only thing worth checking in for after they announce the winner is to see who gets the Sia money now.

I used to love the reunions now I mostly just read the thread comments and skim through them.

Still even if there's no reunion they have so much to show. Maybe it'll be an extra long finale?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
They might accidentally need to use more footage of the actual season to cover up lost reunion time.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I hope we get adventure Jeff swinging into his living room with a roaring fireplace.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

freeman posted:

There aren't 2 bad, unlikable players left even if you include Ben as 1 of them.

If she isn't partially responsible for Tony being sent to the Jury then I could see Sarah losing to an EoE returnee as well.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What would the most competitive Final 3 here be? Tony, Sarah, and EoE returnee?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

What would the most competitive Final 3 here be? Tony, Sarah, and EoE returnee?

Could be, yeah

Tony and Sarah would have to fight over a lot of the same "moves" and it may come down to who is more credible to the jury

Tony's potential for nonsensical rambling is a total coinflip whether it works for or against him, imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Bloop posted:

Could be, yeah

Tony and Sarah would have to fight over a lot of the same "moves" and it may come down to who is more credible to the jury

Tony's potential for nonsensical rambling is a total coinflip whether it works for or against him, imo

This is mostly just edit reading but I feel like all of the moves between Tony and Sarah are going to be credited to Tony with Sarah just being a hanger on. I think it hinges on the Sophie vote and her blowup afterwards. It sort of ruins her credibility as an "equal partner."

If you're looking for the closest vote (which is how I would define "most competitive") then I don't think Tony can be in it. Maybe Michelle (social game), Denise (big pre-merge move, immunity wins), EoE returnee (story)?

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Zesty posted:

They might accidentally need to use more footage of the actual season to cover up lost reunion time.

Won't you miss out on those fantastic "Jeff in the audience" segments, such as when he asks an 8 year old child, paralyzed with fear to be speaking in front of a studio and television audience, some meaningless question with no relevance at all, to which said child can barely muster a reply?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

This is mostly just edit reading but I feel like all of the moves between Tony and Sarah are going to be credited to Tony with Sarah just being a hanger on. I think it hinges on the Sophie vote and her blowup afterwards. It sort of ruins her credibility as an "equal partner."

There's definitely possibility to overread but Sarah/Tony/Michelle as Parv/Russell/Sandra from HvV is not a ridiculous mapping. Russell had the same claim to ~real~ control as Tony does, the Sophie vote is similar to the Danielle in HvV vote in that way. Ofc people actually like Tony, but if Nick/Jeremy both thought they were Tony's number 1 they might feel a bit bitter in the same way, say, Colby and Rupert did.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCIWbyb4iDg

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pinterest Mom posted:

There's definitely possibility to overread but Sarah/Tony/Michelle as Parv/Russell/Sandra from HvV is not a ridiculous mapping. Russell had the same claim to ~real~ control as Tony does, the Sophie vote is similar to the Danielle in HvV vote in that way. Ofc people actually like Tony, but if Nick/Jeremy both thought they were Tony's number 1 they might feel a bit bitter in the same way, say, Colby and Rupert did.

I don't think Jeremy had any illusions about being Tony's #1. Can't speak for Nick since Michelle so kindly pointed out how badly he misread the social dynamics.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

This is true, other than the wildcard I mentioned. He might stomp all over his own dick and she may be more able to articulate the facts in a favorable way

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Bloop posted:

This is true, other than the wildcard I mentioned. He might stomp all over his own dick and she may be more able to articulate the facts in a favorable way

Fair but I think if we're looking for most competitive it shouldn't hinge on someone loving up their jury speech when there are options that don't need that :v:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't think Jeremy thought Tony was his friend. He knew he was playing with a snake, so I think that softens the blow when he gets bit. I think that's a big part of Tony's charm. You know who he is, but he just kid of traps you and ropes you in anyway. When its all said and done you might be mad but you're probably as mad at yourself as you are at him. Even Sarah's anger had this tinge of "Why do I keep letting you do this to me?!?!"

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Jeremy was on borrowed time anyways so if he should be mad at anybody it should be his former alliance left him totally reliant on Tony. Sophie and Nick the only ones that seemed like they got betrayed but it's pretty obvious those, especially the Sophie vote, were the best game moves at the time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Of the jury members Nick is the one I could see most feeling burned. Jeremy knew he was just doing what he had to to survive and Tony was gonna screw him, he just couldn't find a way out. Kim and Sophie never seemed to really be working with or trusting Tony and could see their blindsides as a compliment. But Nick screwed his game up following Tony and then got tossed aside. That's the one social/jury management move I might criticize Tony about. I'm not sure how to do it different and maybe its just a vote you have to risk, but its the one spot these last few weeks where I could see Tony getting a little bloody from besides betraying Sarah.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Something I've thought about going through past seasons recently is that maybe people try to win too many jury votes? Like, you only need more than the other finalist(s). Can you imagine if this season ends 6-5-5 and the EoE returnee wins with 10-of-16 votes against? But like, in a normal season, maybe it's better to try to really connect and manage 6 of 10 people than all 10. I don't have the depth of knowledge to know if this has ever mattered, but idk I'm on survivor overdose this week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think you can count votes like that. You can't count on a specific number of votes. You never know what others are saying or how you're perceived. You just gotta try and get as many votes as you can.

Mostly I think jury management just comes down to seeing the game from the other players' perspectives and treating them with respect. That doesn't always mean telling them the truth, especially in Survivor where Immunity Idols mean anyone has a chance. But you can't have them feeling used or embarrassed or disrespected. I think Michelle giving Jeremy the coin was an extreme but good example of it. Michelle was voting against Jeremy, she was upfront about it with Jeremy, but she showed some loyalty in the way she could. Not everyone has a power like that but like I think Jeremy and Kim seemed to basically understand each other that they were only going against each other because they had no other option.

I think Tony's affable enough that he doesn't piss people off. And he's a known scoundrel so even if he does piss you off its hard not to kind of blame yourself. But he just has to avoid that "used and embarrassed" thing. Like I said, I think Nick is the only obvious jury threat there. If he were to betray Sarah and Ben I think they could be very bitter and feel very used and embarrassed. I think he has to gamble on going to the end with them or else he risks losing a sizable part of the jury with no real idea how the EoE voters will go.

But I think that's probably his plan anyway. He won't want to go with the EoE returnee, Denise seems like too much of a single minded threat, and Michelle might be a goat but I don't think your risk that classic social game/snake combo. Sara and Ben both seem like they'll be loyal to Tony and he should be able to beat both of them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

If he were to betray Sarah and Ben I think they could be very bitter and feel very used and embarrassed. I think he has to gamble on going to the end with them or else he risks losing a sizable part of the jury with no real idea how the EoE voters will go.

But I think that's probably his plan anyway. He won't want to go with the EoE returnee, Denise seems like too much of a single minded threat, and Michelle might be a goat but I don't think your risk that classic social game/snake combo. Sara and Ben both seem like they'll be loyal to Tony and he should be able to beat both of them.

You got most of the way there but I think everyone should want to sit next to Sarah and Ben right now, especially if they don't turn on Tony. So him taking them to the end isn't a gamble at all outside of the gamble of one possibly losing the fire making challenge.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I don't see Tony getting the bitter jury treatment. Everyone there knows he's a crazy player there to make big moves and gently caress people over. It's the players that are nice and friendly and then gently caress their friends over on the way to the end that get the bitter jury treatment. (Or the really big douchebags like Russel that everyone just hates the entire time).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
They'll certainly air all the negative things the jury says about him in final to create television.