Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Hypertension is something you either have or don't, the idea that it's diet or lifestyle related is a myth.

I can totally get rid of the asthma Ive had since birth with diet and exercise too :confuoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
CDC director self-quarantining after exposure to person at the White House who tested positive for Covid-19

Reminder that redfield was trying to block widespread testing as long as possible:

https://twitter.com/julianborger/status/1237748572415762437

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Would your doctor think you cheated on them and break up with you or something

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

euphronius posted:

Texas and Florida have to be reporting like 50% of deaths

there's no loving way all of texas has just a little over 1k deaths so far lmao

the idea of that is just absolutely absurd to anyone who has ever seen how loving big the state is

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Zberan Madowinty posted:

This is ultimately a final result of 30 years of chud media running rampant on division. You're better than those latte drinkers in, you're better than those homogenouses in san Francisco.

And now New York and San Francisco are saying "this is real bad be careful good lord" and Nashville and dallas and Atlanta and Phoenix are all scoffing.

It's the perfect disaster and they have no one to blame but themselves

cool thing about LA and San Francisco, just a handful of hours away is chudhell central. here we've hardly quarantined, no one is wearing masks and we're just ramping up in cases this month.

the mayor is eager to beyblade style let 'er rip on opening up the city here, completely by the end of the month. but most things are open already, if not by monday. the conservative radio here is screaming about opening 'er up every minute they're on the air. no mention is ever given to local deaths, let alone new case counts locally. "We've flatten the curve, the ICU's will be fine now, that was the point of quarantine," was yesterday's holy mantra.

stay safe norcal and socal. central will be falling soon.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/ExcitableBoi/status/1259089204165980160?s=20

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

robert redfield going to step down and be replaced by his brother, chris redfield

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

My Gimmick Name posted:

cool thing about LA and San Francisco, just a handful of hours away is chudhell central. here we've hardly quarantined, no one is wearing masks and we're just ramping up in cases this month.

the mayor is eager to beyblade style let 'er rip on opening up the city here, completely by the end of the month. but most things are open already, if not by monday. the conservative radio here is screaming about opening 'er up every minute they're on the air. no mention is ever given to local deaths, let alone new case counts locally. "We've flatten the curve, the ICU's will be fine now, that was the point of quarantine," was yesterday's holy mantra.

stay safe norcal and socal. central will be falling soon.

Im in Fresno and yesterday there was a story about a waffle restaurant that had a line of people out the door, all waiting for a table. When the restaurant was fined $1,000 for being open they passed a collection plate and all the chuds waiting in line ponied up to pay the fine :lmao:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

empty whippet box posted:

it's just a really cowardly way of saying "kill the weak so that I may go to applebee's"

he's right though?

he's only 'right' that america's current health care system is a nightmare, go to a public defender and ask just how well they'll do in bankruptcy court, or see what their current case load is and then ask about doubling or tripling it

the amount of time effort and money it would take to make this plan a reality would be better spent just trying to abolish medical debt altogether

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

Obamacare was the until we get there policy. stop falling for it, its been a decade.

but the post I said "he's right though" about has him calling for medicare for all. and an end to medical bankruptcy. are we looking at the same posts?

Mayor Dave posted:

he's only 'right' that america's current health care system is a nightmare, go to a public defender and ask just how well they'll do in bankruptcy court, or see what their current case load is and then ask about doubling or tripling it

the amount of time effort and money it would take to make this plan a reality would be better spent just trying to abolish medical debt altogether

actually he's "right" that we need medicare for all, and that we should abolish medical debt, and that until we do, people who need help fighting insurance companies should get that help. I really don't see which part of his post you even think you're arguing with. You seem to be agreeing with him, except that you think people shouldn't be entitled to legal counsel when getting hosed by insurance companies?

public defenders being overworked is its whole other separate issue that also needs to be addressed

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

they're multiplying!

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Pump Jockey posted:

Im in Fresno and yesterday there was a story about a waffle restaurant that had a line of people out the door, all waiting for a table. When the restaurant was fined $1,000 for being open they passed a collection plate and all the chuds waiting in line ponied up to pay the fine :lmao:

lol we're so hosed

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the idea of that is just absolutely absurd to anyone who has ever seen how loving big the state is

it's not just those two

e: but yes when we know for sure Florida is deliberately undercounting and then Texas is way under Florida despite having similar case numbers, yeah that's pretty glaring

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Pump Jockey posted:

at least someone actually gave them a ticket, the riverside county sheriff announced this week that he's directed his department to not enforce any quarantine orders

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pump Jockey posted:

I just got weed from my weed guy and as I drove there, I saw lines outside of multiple restaurants. I was at a stop light and had a moment to look around and saw masks on zero of the people in line, they were all close together, not social distancing in any way at all. Saw some people inside too, even though our town has an ordinance still not allowing insides to be open. We are hosed, it is becoming more and more a culture war thing every day. And it's not just republicans, I mean I guess I'm profiling by assuming that the black people I see not wearing masks aren't republicans, but I feel like it's a safe bet.

Considering how vastly disproportionate the # of african american deaths from cv19 are compared to their actual representation in the population, I really don't get how they in particular could be so blase about it but what do I know, it's not my life I guess.

Every time I leave my house I see fewer and fewer people wearing masks. Every day people get more bold and more "haw haw I ain' wurrin no MASK u LIBRUL" about it.

oh, nobody at the hotel my weed guy is staying at right now was wearing a mask either :hmbol: I was though :sigh:

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

but the post I said "he's right though" about has him calling for medicare for all. and an end to medical bankruptcy. are we looking at the same posts?

actually he's "right" that we need medicare for all, and that we should abolish medical debt, and that until we do, people who need help fighting insurance companies should get that help. I really don't see which part of his post you even think you're arguing with. You seem to be agreeing with him, except that you think people shouldn't be entitled to legal counsel when getting hosed by insurance companies?

public defenders being overworked is its whole other separate issue that also needs to be addressed

it's a completely impractical idea, if we're aiming for completely impractical why stop with the option that still ruins people's lives?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

if you can fund paying for lawyers to litigate your refusal to pay medical bills by government fiat, you can simply pay the medical bills by government fiat for at least ballpark money if not cheaper.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

the cities in texas actually locked down pretty early so april wasnt that bad, that also meant that in april the rural counties were also mostly spared too even if they didnt close down very much.

but now its actually reaching rural counties just as the governor overrules the city orders, which means restaurants, salons, and gyms can open up so the numbers are going to go up up up up for ever.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/RepTurzai/status/1259122400425316356?s=20

translation: if you die of covid it's partially wholly your fault

you had a chronic but preventable disease that you personally failed to prevent, so you had it coming

lol Politico made this the theme of a newsletter last night. i don't actually remember signing up to this newsletter tbh

quote:

Governors to citizens: The buck stops with you
BY RENUKA RAYASAM

THE PANDEMIC OF PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY First, President Donald Trump handed the decision for when to reopen the economy to Americas governors. Now, as local leaders begin to lift shutdown restrictions, theyre passing the buck to a new potential fall guy for the anticipated rise of Covid cases and death counts: you, the state resident.

Federal officials and governors from both parties have pushed the message of personal responsibility since the start of the coronavirus outbreak we all know how to properly wash our hands after all of those videos.

The current message from many governors, facing horrific jobless claims numbers, is: Weve done our job, now its on you not to get sick.

of course, they did no do their job

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Pump Jockey posted:

when people who pull this poo poo out of spite inevitably get sick they'll still refuse to put two and two together

they'll drown in their own fluids in agony while refusing to admit they were ever wrong about anything, middle fingers extended in rigor mortis

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I think that if there's something that can be done for people who need legal representation right now then it should be done. If doing that is being done INSTEAD OF simply abolishing medical debt then no, I wouldn't choose that. But if something can be done in the meantime then it should be. Stamping your feet and saying "well this isn't perfect, don't help those people, because it's not medicare for all" is a pretty dickish take towards the people who would, in this magical fantasy world where we do literally anything to help any of these people, be helped by having legal representation

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

My Gimmick Name posted:

lol we're so hosed

I legit fear since Upstate NY is 2 months behind NYC that the chuds from Upstate are going to carpool down to Ohio to go to Cedar Point or whatever the closest theme park is when NYC reopens, and the Upstate secession movement will actually gain momentum

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the timing of the prez getting pozzed as states open up is goddamn funny

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I think that if there's something that can be done for people who need legal representation right now then it should be done. If doing that is being done INSTEAD OF simply abolishing medical debt then no, I wouldn't choose that. But if something can be done in the meantime then it should be. Stamping your feet and saying "well this isn't perfect, don't help those people, because it's not medicare for all" is a pretty dickish take towards the people who would, in this magical fantasy world where we do literally anything to help any of these people, be helped by having legal representation

Yeah, I'd say it should be something that should be done, but it belongs deep in a campaign platform that'd have to be EULA-sized to mention it, rather than something to be campaigned on, because of all the more effective remedies out there

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

how do you think lawyers and court fees would get paid for, and how do you think that's substantially different from how medical services get paid for

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
My pet theory is that Trump and Pence were already given BCG vaccines, and are now carriers spreading it across the White House.

Also, it seems like today's new cases are a bit high for a Saturday...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ardennes posted:

My pet theory is that Trump and Pence were already given BCG vaccines, and are now carriers spreading it across the White House.

this particular site is really good at graphing that:

http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ardennes posted:

I find it hard to believe that trump has tolerated being nosebanged even a single time, I would be surprised if he wasn't just asymptomatically spreading it to everyone everywhere. Of course he wouldn't have a bad time with cv19, because god is real and he hates us and he wants us to suffer.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pump Jockey posted:

I can totally get rid of the asthma I’ve had since birth with diet and exercise too :confuoot:

Yeah I've got asthma and hypertension along with countless other health issues despite always living healthy. Was pretty lovely before the virus.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
how often do you see joe Kennedy agitating for Medicare for all? Never. he doesnt care. his party doesnt care. he's the founder of the Congressional Access to Civil Legal Service Caucus and co chairs the Access to Legal Aid Caucus. he is not member to any m4a caucuses. he wants handouts for his lawyer friends. he does not care about you.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

this dumb bitch didnt even build the car factory lol

just moved in after Toyota/GM left

bye elom :sad:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Getting in a kayak or canoe or something is extremely socially distant as long as you aren't meeting up with a bunch of people. Same for going boating as long as you don't have a big crowd at the loading dock.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/RobertMackey/status/1259183512684380160?s=20

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The only valid social distancing is my social distancing *closes door to muffle mom yelling at me*

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I find it hard to believe that trump has tolerated being nosebanged even a single time, I would be surprised if he wasn't just asymptomatically spreading it to everyone everywhere. Of course he wouldn't have a bad time with cv19, because god is real and he hates us and he wants us to suffer.

trump being an asymptomatic super spreader would further convince me that trump is the protagonist of one of gods storylines

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
im getting really confused at this shipt app that im trying to use to buy rations

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Jon Irenicus posted:

trump being an asymptomatic super spreader would further convince me that trump is the protagonist of one of gods storylines

the anti-Jonah

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/RepTurzai/status/1259122400425316356?s=20

translation: if you die of covid it's partially wholly your fault

you had a chronic but preventable disease that you personally failed to prevent, so you had it coming

I hope everyone else reported this tweet for encouraging self harm.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

That and Trump/Pence (and other rich/powerful) were also probably given priority for BCG vaccines while the public was purposefully kept in the dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

eric ciaramella posted:

how often do you see joe Kennedy agitating for Medicare for all? Never. he doesnt care. his party doesnt care. he's the founder of the Congressional Access to Civil Legal Service Caucus and co chairs the Access to Legal Aid Caucus. he is not member to any m4a caucuses. he wants handouts for his lawyer friends. he does not care about you.

TBF access to legal aid is kind of a thing that more people should have, and the lawyers who are currently providing those kinds of serivces aren't exactly fat cats. "Rich" lawyers are mostly NYC finance types, they don't particularly care (or at least it wouldn't particularly impact them either way) about whether mostly poor bankrupts get a little government help with their poo poo.