Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
willa rodgers correctly diagnosed my bowel deformity &i have no choice but to stan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

she's fine, give it a rest

my grandma's nurse has covid, I just found out tonight

what the gently caress can we do about it though? my grandma is a nightmare in the best of circumstances, we can't exactly airlift her out of the nursing home and have my mom or my uncle take care of her

Either lock the attendants in the nursing home with the residents or put them in hotels (which would otherwise be empty anyway) where they can self isolate.

A thing that worked in China #3,023,111

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
willa is now a russian bot :owned:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
horseshoe theory is real and cspam is the proof

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
willa's right though. offense all the time is the only way to play. there needs to be more leftist noise out in the zone. quite frankly theres not enough memes coming out of you people

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
good thing people who work in assisted care facilities are all monastic and certainly won't go out and about as we open 'er up, either bringing rona back to the people in the facility or vice-versa

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Flesh Forge posted:

I personally posted stuff about large numbers of deaths in nursing homes and how it sucks maybe 10 times, but ok only right wing media is talking about it :shrug:

there is no excuse for rudeness

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

what the gently caress can we do about it though? my grandma is a nightmare in the best of circumstances, we can't exactly airlift her out of the nursing home and have my mom or my uncle take care of her

right; this kinda gets at what I was after. We don't really want to face what decades of austerity have done to states' public health, or how longterm care has been handed over to underregulated, for-profit owners (whether nursing homes or prisons), but this epidemic is flourishing in those settings and all the social distancing in the world isn't gonna curb it until these institutionalized hotspots are addressed.

like, instead of dismantling the mccormick place popup hospital in chicago, should it have been repurposed for senior care, or for prisoner care? I don't know what the answers are, but I'd think there'd be more attention to asking those in charge of regulating those places, because it's more likely that we'll be seeing continued surges in institutions than sudden surges in reopened states.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

etalian posted:

No stat on how many people in PA die from eating too many cheeses steaks?

those stats are misleading - everyone who stays in PA long enough will die a cheese steak related death eventually

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I like how the numbers are fake and way under than what's reported and simultaneously this is China's fault for hiding the seriousness of the birus

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

etalian posted:

No stat on how many people in PA die from eating too many cheeses steaks?

That is the graphic

hypertension, diabetes, etc

He's basically saying that if you're a median Pennsylvanian resident and you die from this disease, you don't matter.

He's directly making GBS threads on his own constituents, who will doubtless clap and cheer and re-elect him.

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

SKULL.GIF posted:

poo poo dude

my grandma's in a home and it had some cases pop up this past week, but not her nurse

its not great lmao

Apr 7, 2003

seattle plague rat posted:

willa rodgers correctly diagnosed my bowel deformity &i have no choice but to stan

CSPAM superstar Al! wrote the resume that got me into working for health insurance companies.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

Willa Rodgers was right about evilweasel, Obama, ACA, and right about this

you forgot:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Following that link led me to this, the greatest youtube chef

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uBDNhe6Gkk

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Furthering a crisis in trust that started decades ago by making everything a culture war, then unleashed the corrosive elements of the profit motive on news media and rendering good reporting largely irrelevant in the face of structural issues, and then moving on to health departments being unnecessary - perhaps even evil. Cool. I love what capital and politicians have done with the place.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Trip report: had to finally break into my powdered milk supply

It looks like milk, tastes adequate with cereal, smells like death. If you would have told me it was Ajax I would have believed you.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
it does kind of own that we're literally at the point of "actually dying to own the libs"

Apr 7, 2003

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

it does kind of own that we're literally at the point of "actually dying to own the libs"

We've been there since before Trump was president.

They're gonna keep doing it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

right; this kinda gets at what I was after. We don't really want to face what decades of austerity have done to states' public health, or how longterm care has been handed over to underregulated, for-profit owners (whether nursing homes or prisons), but this epidemic is flourishing in those settings and all the social distancing in the world isn't gonna curb it until these institutionalized hotspots are addressed.

like, instead of dismantling the mccormick place popup hospital in chicago, should it have been repurposed for senior care, or for prisoner care? I don't know what the answers are, but I'd think there'd be more attention to asking those in charge of regulating those places, because it's more likely that we'll be seeing continued surges in institutions than sudden surges in reopened states.

they're in the way of the bottom line, expensive & will be killed imo

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

CSPAM superstar Al! wrote the resume that got me into working for health insurance companies.

this is a remarkable bit of forums intimacy

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

that comic about living in a society except its me owning tf out of Al!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Apr 7, 2003

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

this is a remarkable bit of forums intimacy

He was a longtime YOSPOS poster before he moved here

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1259291787933421570?s=20

lmao, capital is going to compromise to keep itself in power, like in the 30's, but it's going to be in the most evil, stupid way possible.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

would be nice if just once i could look into something and find that the people in charge are altruistic. everywhere i look, with any amount of scrutiny whatsoever, the tiniest iota, ever so minute, reveals unsightly ghouls gouging each other to live in homes with 2 colors rather than 1.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
My local pizza place just started doing contactless delivery. I’ve been isolating for 9 weeks and cooking all of my own meals but I’m feeling my resolve weakening. Talk me out of placing an order :btroll:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol they have nothing & cannot conceive of the steps necessary

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Nothus posted:

lmao, capital is going to compromise to keep itself in power, like in the 30's, but it's going to be in the most evil, stupid way possible.

honestly pissing off truckers would be the funniest way for trump to lose. no bigger chuds on the loving planet

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Nothus posted:

what on earth is part two lol

is that the best they have?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
:siren: Fauci Hahn and Redfield are now self-quarantining after exposure in the White House :siren:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SSFKpKUKbks

Steve Yun has issued a correction as of 03:52 on May 10, 2020

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

I personally posted stuff about large numbers of deaths in nursing homes and how it sucks maybe 10 times, but ok only right wing media is talking about it :shrug:

Like I said, I only went back 10 or so pp. but I'm happy to read any links you've posted.

uncurable mlady posted:

good thing people who work in assisted care facilities are all monastic and certainly won't go out and about as we open 'er up, either bringing rona back to the people in the facility or vice-versa

Or correctional officers.

This is one of the reasons it's so hard to find solutions to the institutional massacres. Unions are deffo part of the picture, just as they will be instrumental in protecting teachers when schools resume, and as seen in SEIU's new contract negotiations for nursing-home staff in Chicago.

But a big factor in how they became death pits in the first place traces back, in a lot of instances, to neoliberalism. And that's the big hairball that blue-state governors like newsom, pritzker & cuomo are gagging on right now. Pritzker can't say poo poo about the for-profit chicago nursing home with 25 deaths, bc his own dept. of public health allowed it to skate after finding infection control lacking a year ago.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Willa Rogers posted:

it's a good idea, but no one would want the trump administration to do that. he'd say
:yooge: temporary they're
:yooge: temporary beds, they can't take care of everybody forever, ok?

and then people would be satisfied, and secretly relieved they don't have to actually consider handing grandma over to trump

it is something you might say if you were running against trump in a presidential election tho

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Pump Jockey posted:

My local pizza place just started doing contactless delivery. I’ve been isolating for 9 weeks and cooking all of my own meals but I’m feeling my resolve weakening. Talk me out of placing an order :btroll:

grocery store frozen pizza is just about the same these days

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I like that its not about anything but getting re-elected. This assumed he lives through it after catching it.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
May 9th Cum. Deaths Update

C-SPAM University Model vs Epidemiologists:

C-SPAM vs C-SPAM

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pump Jockey posted:

sorry everyone about dying but i couldn't resist the double pepperoni

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Judakel posted:

Furthering a crisis in trust that started decades ago by making everything a culture war, then unleashed the corrosive elements of the profit motive on news media and rendering good reporting largely irrelevant in the face of structural issues, and then moving on to health departments being unnecessary - perhaps even evil. Cool. I love what capital and politicians have done with the place.

it's rad, lol.they literally know nothing else