Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

:siren: Fauci Birx and Redfield are now self-quarantining after exposure in the White House :siren:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SSFKpKUKbks

wonder if they're ever going to be allowed back

lmbo nope. sorry lil tony, you did your best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Pump Jockey posted:

My local pizza place just started doing contactless delivery. I’ve been isolating for 9 weeks and cooking all of my own meals but I’m feeling my resolve weakening. Talk me out of placing an order :btroll:
Eat the pizza

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pump Jockey posted:

My local pizza place just started doing contactless delivery. I’ve been isolating for 9 weeks and cooking all of my own meals but I’m feeling my resolve weakening. Talk me out of placing an order :btroll:

No, do it, and tip well.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Pump Jockey posted:

Roni seems to live max three days on surfaces. Order now, leave it on the porch for three days, now you’ve got safe pizza.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

donald trump couldnt crisis manage his way out of a wet paper bag :sad:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

poo poo dude

my grandma's in a home and it had some cases pop up this past week, but not her nurse

its not great lmao

the good news is that the nurse immediately went into quarantine, but tbh it's just a matter of time until the other attendants get it too

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/RepTurzai/status/1259122400425316356?s=20

translation: if you die of covid it's partially wholly your fault

you had a chronic but preventable disease that you personally failed to prevent, so you had it coming

Avg PA covid death age 79

For all US adults:
Hypertension, adults >60, 63%
Heart disease, 60-79, 73%, 80+ 82%
Diabetes 65+ 27%
CPD 75-84 ~10%

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

sullat posted:

No, do it, and tip well.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Lol

Haha
Hahahahahahahahahaha

:nutshot:

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
We ordered pizza tonight for the first time in two and a half months of cooking at home, and it made me throw up because I wasn't used to the grease.

Owned again by Corona-chan!

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
republican talking points about the government never working are effective because republicans make sure the government doesn't work and democrats can't do anything without a 25-step compromise schedule that takes 9 years to start up

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I just realized I haven't eaten anything but my own cooking since March 13th.

that's kinda wild.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

seems legit

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

it's a good idea, but no one would want the trump administration to do that. he'd say
:yooge: temporary they're
:yooge: temporary beds, they can't take care of everybody forever, ok?

and then people would be satisfied, and secretly relieved they don't have to actually consider handing grandma over to trump

it is something you might say if you were running against trump in a presidential election tho

I'm talking about state-based actions, not federal, bc nursing homes are regulated at the state level.

CMS could do waaay more at the federal level, like issuing rulings that nursing homes that don't do x won't receive medicaid/medicare funding (which would put the nursing homes out of business overnight for noncompliance), but no one knows what the gently caress "x" is beyond testing & masking workers & residents--which isn't enough, as we already know.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Pump Jockey posted:

Throw the whole box in the oven for a few minutes. You'll be fine

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I just realized I haven't eaten anything but my own cooking since March 13th.

that's kinda wild.

same lol. i love cooking and i love having time to cook

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

nikosoft posted:

We ordered pizza tonight for the first time in two and a half months of cooking at home, and it made me throw up because I wasn't used to the grease.

we got Chinese yesterday and I was shocked at how salty it was

ate every single bite and felt like poo poo afterwards

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

republican talking points about the government never working are effective because republicans make sure the government doesn't work and democrats won't do anything without a 25-step compromise schedule that takes 9 years to start up
you had a small error and i fixed it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pump Jockey posted:

Just bake it again

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

nikosoft posted:

Yeah I realized I can't do cookies like I used to

Went nuts last week after eating nothing but cookies for a day, had heartburn and the shits, took a multivitamin and I was fine

Ration your junk food

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I've been ordering out on fridays, its good but real salty lol

edit: i just throw away the packaging if i catch coronavirus from a pizza whatever

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Pump Jockey posted:

order it unsliced then throw it in the oven for a bit when it arrives

don’t forget to measure your oven first so you don’t order a too big pizza like we did

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I think in 2011 when that guy in west Virginia sexually assaulted a dead goat dressed in lingerie high on bath salts is when I knew that we were in for a ride and a year later the same month a guy ate another person's face high on bath salts. Funny thing that they both happened in May I do believe

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jon Irenicus posted:

we got Chinese yesterday and I was shocked at how salty it was

ate every single bite and felt like poo poo afterwards
yeah i dont eat chiense very often but had some a few weeks ago and it was dissapointing

thai or korean is way better. tho imo korean is best ate dine-in and sucks for take-out, but a good pad ke mao or pad se ew and massaman curry is real nice at home

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

loving love that this thread's palates have become more sensitive due to eating at home without so much goddamn salt injected on everything and when they start eating food delivered from restaurants again they just realize how salty it's always been

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

I'm the even more crazily exaggerated confidence interval dropping like even more of a rock than the insane projection curve

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

they’re not wrong

this is just the spike from the protests pre opening, the actual opening spike will hit in a week or two

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

the good news is that the nurse immediately went into quarantine, but tbh it's just a matter of time until the other attendants get it too

propublica has a really good story on filipino healthcare workers in the u.s., and how they comprise one of the most vulnerable populations for covid.

"One of every four Filipinos in the New York-New Jersey area is employed in the health care industry. With at least 30 worker deaths and many more family members lost to the coronavirus, a community at the epicenter of the pandemic has been left reeling."

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

loving love that this thread's palates have become more sensitive due to eating at home without so much goddamn salt injected on everything and when they start eating food delivered from restaurants again they just realize how salty it's always been

I bought a giant pack of msg from the Chinese store before the poo poo went down

fast food at home!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

turns out we were all paying 5x as much to eat poison food because the free market wisely let our dumb bodies make as stupid of decisions as possible because that's what this country was founded on

edit: I am receiving reports that we were also founded on "owning a fuckload of slaves" but who is to say if this has had any effect on our modern government???????

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Is the Whitehouse still covered in roaches and poo poo like the good old days of 2017

Whitehouse should have been covered in covid months ago

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

nikosoft posted:

Make all your food with more oil so you're ready for next time.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

:hmbol:

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

oxsnard posted:

Throw the whole box in the oven for a few minutes. You'll be fine

Won’t it catch on fire?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

moist turtleneck posted:

Is the Whitehouse still covered in roaches and poo poo like the good old days of 2017

Whitehouse should have been covered in covid months ago

A rat fell from the ceiling during a presser recently

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Willa Rogers posted:

I'm talking about state-based actions, not federal, bc nursing homes are regulated at the state level.

CMS could do waaay more at the federal level, like issuing rulings that nursing homes that don't do x won't receive medicaid/medicare funding (which would put the nursing homes out of business overnight for noncompliance), but no one knows what the gently caress "x" is beyond testing & masking workers & residents--which isn't enough, as we already know.

Even if you test workers, how are you going to replace the symptomatic ones? Presumably you can't just grab someone off the street , it pays like poo poo, and everyone knows they have a good chance of catching it at a nursing home so it'd be hard to hire for even with mass unemployment

I have no idea what you do. Most people seem to think nursing home = waiting for death so speeding it up doesn't matter

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Pump Jockey posted:

They touched your food, breathed near it, boxed it up and dropped it off so the contactless part is kinda LOL at that point. I guess you won't give them the roni if you have it but otherwise...

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Good Citizen posted:

I bought a giant pack of msg from the Chinese store before the poo poo went down

fast food at home!

hey man you holding? I wanna feel bloated and lovely for 2 hours *flashes wad of cash*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

lol so after the vandalism was he just like "ah poo poo might as well do some more crimes now"