Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Look out folks, we got an eagle scout dad here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I gave away my last expended AT4 to the movers when I was unpacking my garage here in California. We used to a couple dozen a month when I was in 29 Palms. I had a bunch lying around but they aren’t good for much other than taking up space. Well that’s what I thought anyways. Had I known I could carry one around for street cred I might have held onto a couple.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Hekk posted:

I gave away my last expended AT4 to the movers when I was unpacking my garage here in California. We used to a couple dozen a month when I was in 29 Palms. I had a bunch lying around but they aren’t good for much other than taking up space. Well that’s what I thought anyways. Had I known I could carry one around for street cred I might have held onto a couple.

You could’ve made a fortune

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You're supposed to turn them into bongs.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You're supposed to turn them into bongs.

Show him bong Ross.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"Yo, break out the AT-420!"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Someday I'll fix the busted downstem. Someday.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

https://twitter.com/abq161/status/1259251219484356609/photo/1

I feel like this should piss off anyone who has ever deployed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That ma deuce is made of wood.

I mean, I would almost think he's trolling them but he also has an AR on his back.

I'm the akimbo underarm single actions.

Does that tat say eagle scout dad

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yes.

It just didn't stick out to me as much as his cosplay mixing of army bazooka man and old west cowboy.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Yes.

It just didn't stick out to me as much as his cosplay mixing of army bazooka man and old west cowboy.

Eagle scout dad is obviously suffering from Invisible Lat Syndrome that only a 5.99 footlong cold cut combo can treat.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Do you think he flew on in back in september

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i'm the fat stack of 1s he's pulling from his pocket

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i'm the fat stack of 1s he's pulling from his pocket

he supports single moms

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

PeterCat posted:

I'm sure dipshit felt the same way about the Patriot Act.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well give them credit, that's a pretty mask-off statement. "I'm OK with you dying so I can get my nails done."

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Schadenboner posted:

What happen to he big bitey catte Mantacore?

:ohdear:

E: Looks like it wasn't destroyed because they did a thing together in 2009 and: Mantacore died on March 19, 2014 after a brief illness. He was 17 years old.

I'm not sure how to feel about the story from the trainer last year who said that Mantacore wasn't trying to heroically save Roy from a stroke or anything but Roy activated his "gently caress off" instincts due to a combination of Mantacore not being very cooperative that night (he's a cat), Roy not really spending much time with the animals over the years and finally instead of leading Mantacore in a circle around to get him into position he just nudged him in the side with his hand which any cat owner can tell you would at the very minimum annoy your cat and most likely get you swatted at. Roy backed up which made Mantacore realize he was retreating and therefore weak so he lunged at him. When they made it backstage the trainers pulled him off Roy by sticking their hand in his mouth which irritated him enough to let go and then he just wandered away like everything was normal.

Any cat owner can tell you that this is all pretty normal cat behaviour just scaled up to one that could accidentally kill you without a second thought.

:stare:

Eej fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 10, 2020

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:ohno:

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

It's astounding how quickly in my mind this jumped from "It's pretty hosed up how we used to not protect teenagers from predatory adults" to standard libertarian bitching about age of consent laws.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Softface posted:

It's astounding how quickly in my mind this jumped from "It's pretty hosed up how we used to not protect teenagers from predatory adults" to standard libertarian bitching about age of consent laws.

Libertarians and Conservatives loving hate AOC. Both the laws, and the person.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Libertarians are just republicans without the integrity

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Libertarians and Conservatives loving hate AOC. Both the laws, and the person.

Hah

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/...mber%3D305pti22

https://twitter.com/Laurie_Garrett/status/1259291788839399424

and theres more if you want to read the thread

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
He's gonna kick off civil war 2: trumpaloo.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Can't imagine Truckers for Trump will like that too much.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

LongDarkNight posted:

They will rationalize it somehow, cognitive dissonance is a hell of a drug

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PeterCat posted:

He's a "constitutional Sheriff."

quote:

The Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) is a political organization of local police officials in the United States who believe in an interpretation of the United States Constitution wherein federal and state government authorities are subordinate to local government authority. In this regard, the CSPOA is an outgrowth of the Patriot movement and has some ideological similarities with the Sovereign Citizen Movement, although they are by no means identical. An article by the Intelligence Report of the Southern Poverty Law Center states that "... the real root of the 'county supremacy' movement that has been explicitly embraced by the CSPOA is the Posse Comitatus, a racist and anti-Semitic group of the 1970s and 1980s that also defined the county sheriff as the highest 'legitimate' law enforcement authority in the country. . . ." and continues to identify several county sheriffs who are in sympathy with the stated goals of the CSPOA.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

LongDarkNight posted:

They are sacrificing for the economy

But if you raise their taxes it’s communism.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Stultus Maximus posted:

He's a "constitutional Sheriff."

Pussy Communist?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

PeterCat posted:

Pussy Communist?

No. Another in a long history of armed white men refusing to accept laws that inconvenience armed white men.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/constitutional-sheriffs-cops-who-think-government-our-greatest-threat-n557381

quote:

Sheriff Nick Finch let a pistol-packing man out of the Liberty County, Florida, jail, a decision that led state authorities to charge Finch with a crime — but also made him a hero to a radical and growing movement among sheriffs across the country.

It’s a movement that doesn’t just reject gun control — it encourages law enforcement officers to defy laws they decide are illegal. And it sometimes puts police on the same side as “sovereign citizens,” a fringe group that the FBI considers one of the most serious domestic terrorism threats.

On March 8, 2013, one of Sheriff Finch’s deputies pulled over a driver and found a loaded pistol in his pocket, according to the deputy’s sworn statement. Carrying a concealed firearm without a license is a felony in Florida, so the deputy arrested the driver.

Finch, however, ordered the driver released, and someone whited out his booking record. Finch later said he decided that “I know what law rules the day, and it’s the U.S. Constitution.”

Gov. Rick Scott ordered Finch’s suspension. But then a former Arizona sheriff named Richard Mack called, and a group that Mack heads — the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association — became engaged.

During Finch’s boisterous trial in October 2013, he was joined in the Liberty County courtroom by Mack, several other Florida sheriffs, and dozens of new supporters. The judge had to admonish the crowd not to laugh as the state presented its case against Finch, and in the end, the jury acquitted him of misconduct and falsification of records. He was reinstated as sheriff, and later granted back pay as well as attorney’s fees of more than $160,000. Finch, 53, remains the sheriff of Liberty County.

Also a reminder that libertarians like to talk about how jury nullification can be used against things like unjust marijuana laws, but in practice jury nullification has always been used to uphold white supremacy against federal civil rights enforcement. The "constitutional sheriff" exists to use laws on the books to persecute minorities and ignore the laws when they bother white men.

quote:

A local named Paul Boudreaux, 53, raised his hand from the third row. “What do you do about the sheriffs that are complicit with the federal government?” he asked.

“Ignore them,” Mack replied. He reminded the audience that there are nearly 3,100 sheriffs in the country and that the association is aiming to get approximately one fourth of them to support its mission: “If we get that 600 or 700, there’s going to be no stopping. And then everybody in this country has at least two or three places in each state where they can go for refuge, find a true constitutional sheriff who’ll tell the federal government, ‘You’re not going to abuse citizens anymore.’”

Asked later what the worst abuses were that the federal government had committed in his community, Boudreaux brought up the gopher frog: an endangered species native to the Gulf region. To protect it, Boudreaux said, some of his neighbors have had hundreds of acres of land condemned as habitat where the frog can live. “Fortunately, because of our Second Amendment, we’ve still got the freest country on Earth,” Boudreaux added, crossing his arms.

“But the sheriff needs to know,” Boudreaux said, expressing a view that most legal scholars vigorously dispute, “that he can forbid federal agents from coming into his county and trying to enforce laws that are unconstitutional.”

The West, more than the South, is the hotbed of insurrection and white supremacy.

quote:

The constitutional sheriff movement, according to the teachings of Mack and his supporters, is rooted in the historical definition of sheriffs as the most powerful law-enforcement officers within their counties. The idea harkens to medieval England, when Anglo-Saxon kings tasked sheriffs with enforcing their edicts. English colonists brought the tradition to the Americas, and began electing their own sheriffs in the mid-1600s, entrusting them with overseeing the judicial process, carrying out legal decisions, and keeping the peace. Under the latter authority, they could organize citizen brigades to catch outlaws or defend against attackers, an arrangement known as “posse comitatus.”

In the 1970s, a minister in the white supremacist Christian Identity movement, William Potter Gale, wrote a series of articles that would come to be known as the handbook of the Posse Comitatus movement. Gale described sheriffs as the only “legal” law enforcement officers in the country and urged citizens to form their own militias to resist encroachments on their rights if sheriffs did not. The constitutional abuses he cited included the federal income tax system, gun control, federal education, and civil rights laws. He advised citizens to form their own “common law” courts to try officials who violated the constitution, and prescribed archaic punishments, such as hangings.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

yep this feels like a good day to take a mental health break from the news

although if anyone out there is still carrying water for Birx by saying she's just trying to manage upwards or whatever, they can gently caress right the hell off the edge of this flat gay earth

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wait I thought the conspiracy chuds were pointing at the CDC as the authoritive source because it was showing lower, out-of-date numbers?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Fallom posted:

Wait I thought the conspiracy chuds were pointing at the CDC as the authoritive source because it was showing lower, out-of-date numbers?

They were. They were even implying that the CDC retroactively changed the death toll from 60k to 30k.

This is the image I had seen thrown around

But now the CDC numbers seem to be largely caught up...so I guess they can't use that anymore?

CDC Statistics

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Jesus christ guys. It's not about logic or facts. They will use whatever sources they want, and bend them to fit the conclusion, which is "you can't tell me what to do".

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

GoGoGadget posted:

They were. They were even implying that the CDC
But now the CDC numbers seem to be largely caught up...so I guess they can't use that anymore?

CDC Statistics

They were using that CDC stat because the stat was based on death certificates. Turns out, doing the paperwork of an official death certificate is a little bit lower of a priority than reporting the death!

It's the admiralty flag color fringe of death statistics.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

bird food bathtub posted:

Well give them credit, that's a pretty mask-off statement. "I'm OK with you dying so I can get my nails done."

Would you say, under these circumstances, you gotta hand it to them

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Trying to make people disbelieve their own government while heading the same.

What a time to be alive.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Stultus Maximus posted:

No. Another in a long history of armed white men refusing to accept laws that inconvenience armed white men.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/constitutional-sheriffs-cops-who-think-government-our-greatest-threat-n557381

Also a reminder that libertarians like to talk about how jury nullification can be used against things like unjust marijuana laws, but in practice jury nullification has always been used to uphold white supremacy against federal civil rights enforcement. The "constitutional sheriff" exists to use laws on the books to persecute minorities and ignore the laws when they bother white men.

The West, more than the South, is the hotbed of insurrection and white supremacy.

https://youtu.be/bjyLeO6Ys8E

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can whole countries get darwin awards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
I'm largely negative on the NYTimes these days, but this article is a pretty interesting look into how pandemics or plagues "End". I appreciate the correlations with the current situation and Renaissance-era Florence, though the whole bit about "Pandemic of Fear" is quite inappropriate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/10/health/coronavirus-plague-pandemic-history.html

Question for the thread, I thought Brix was keeping stuff together, though I've really stopped watching, what is she doing now that is negative overall? Has she gone over to the Trumpian way?