Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

jase1 posted:

Hello friends.

I am recuperating from a week long gambling binge where I won 42k.

If you follow this thread you know I hate Jon jones and I always bet against him. So here is my bet for the fight tonight.

10k on Reyes at +390.

You are an honorable man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

jase1 posted:

Hello friends.

If you follow this thread you know I hate Jon jones and I always bet against him. So here is my bet for the fight tonight.

10k on Reyes at +390.

you. i like you.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

jase1 posted:

Hello friends.

10k on Reyes at +390.

God bless.

Edit: Mr. Jase, have you seen the movie Uncut Gems??

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

jase1 posted:

Hello friends.

10k on Reyes at +390.

good luck brother

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

piratepilates posted:

God bless.

Edit: Mr. Jase, have you seen the movie Uncut Gems??

Yes. I loved it. I know so many guys like that who live on the edge and even when they win they are still losers.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Jase i've recently discovered round robin bets and i feel like im invulnerable now. do you have any advice?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Jase i've recently discovered round robin bets and i feel like im invulnerable now. do you have any advice?

Dont stretch beyond 2s and 3s.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
Inspired by my hero jase1 I have bet $10 on each underdog on the main card to try and recover the cost of buying a PPV by myself.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

I've got 100$ on Rozenstruik over Ngannou. I'd much rather it was five rounds, but am optimistic it'll pay off anyway. War Biggie Boy!

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Wait is there a fight this weekend?

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Holy poo poo! In Florida where the gently caress have I been. How did I not know this?

Alright I will be betting at least 5k in every fight. I will post all my picks here.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

Holy poo poo! In Florida where the gently caress have I been. How did I not know this?

Alright I will be betting at least 5k in every fight. I will post all my picks here.

I don't know if this influences your pacing but there's also fights this Wednesday (13th) and next Saturday (16th) at the same venue.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Break a leg, Jase! What will you be betting on? I have Rozenstruik at 3.45 (decimal odds) and feel he's grossly undervalued. There could be good value in Cerrone over Pettis, but I haven't got the cash for that bet.

E: Oooh, Stevens done hosed up his cut...

Freudian slippers fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 8, 2020

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

niko price at +225
jeremy stephens at +215
waterson at +125

all live dogs imo. but please ignore me, i like seeing you win

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
While I intend to place more bets here are my uneducated bets for UFC 249:

Rozenstriuk +215
Rozenstriuk v Nagganou goes the distance +275
Cruz wins via decision +230
Gaethje +171

How should I have bet?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I don't like any of those except for the Cruz one.

But also whenever I bet I lose my money, so doing the opposite of what I think is a sure fire path to success.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Here is what I have so far.

5k on Cruz
5k on Ferguson
5k on De Castor
5k on Stephens

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

5 on Cruz
5 on Ferguson
5 on De Castor
5 on Stephens

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

5k on Cruz
5k on Ferguson
5k on De Castor
5k on Stephens

i will never bet against tony and betting against hardy is the lord's work, so i'm rootin hard jase

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

waht about me

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

handsome only face posted:

5 on Cruz
5 on Ferguson
5 on De Castor
5 on Stephens

I threw a $5 Parlay on those 4.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I’m gonna add 1k on price.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jase1 posted:

I’m gonna add 1k on price.

:rip:

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

It was a good fight.

Here is my next one.

1k on waterson.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

jase1 posted:

5k on Cruz
5k on Ferguson
5k on De Castor
5k on Stephens

i'm sorry

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

wowza, yeah that's a bad run of luck

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

First bets in over a month and I lose everyone of them. Welcome back gambling!

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

jase1 posted:

First bets in over a month and I lose everyone of them. Welcome back gambling!

There’s always Wednesday and next weekend.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009

Freudian slippers posted:

I have Rozenstruik at 3.45 (decimal odds) and feel he's grossly undervalued.

Announcer: Rozenstruik was, in fact, not grossly undervalued.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Chito +175 seems like good value tonight.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I just want to say thanks for all the fun in this thread. I used this thread and other mma threads to learn about this sport and how to gamble on it. I have some great loving times losing and winning. I hope SA doesn't go away but please check your Patreon and stop supporting Lowtax if you still are. He is a piece of human garbage and if he doesn't step down SA should go away forever so he doesn't make any more money off this site.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jase1 posted:

I just want to say thanks for all the fun in this thread. I used this thread and other mma threads to learn about this sport and how to gamble on it. I have some great loving times losing and winning. I hope SA doesn't go away but please check your Patreon and stop supporting Lowtax if you still are. He is a piece of human garbage and if he doesn't step down SA should go away forever so he doesn't make any more money off this site.

Yeah, it will suck if this place dies.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah, it will suck if this place dies.

since it is the betting thread, and you're a former mod, what odds do you give sa giving up the the ghost in the next month?

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

jase1 posted:

love you buddy, stay healthy

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Eat This Glob posted:

since it is the betting thread, and you're a former mod, what odds do you give sa giving up the the ghost in the next month?

I was a mod, but that doesn't give me any insight into lowtax and the current situation. As a lawyer who formerly did criminal law, everything is identical to things I've heard victims or abusers say.

I'd say the issue is more the userbase now. If lowtax wants to gently caress off permanently, SA will stick around in some form. If he doesn't, most people are going to abandon the site and it will finally die.

Unfortunately, for lowtax to do so means he has to admit some sort of culpability. It is nearly impossible for abusers to do so because they're so wound up in their own story of events they cannot possibly feel anything else because it forces them to face their own horrific actions. If I were making betting lines, I would probably start at +500 that lowtax actually admits fault and sells/gives the forums to the community and -250 that he digs in his heels and blames the victim while also gaslighting their substance abuse issues. If the latter happens, I think something awful is finally dead.

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
I just put $2,000 to win $1,000 on Alexander Volkanovski
another $2,000 to win $1,000 on Rose Namajunas

and $100 to win $500 on Paige VanZant just because

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Welp, Masivdal is on the cover of the new ufc video game so it looks like he's losing tonight.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

el B posted:

Welp, Masivdal is on the cover of the new ufc video game so it looks like he's losing tonight.

10k on masivdal. I ain’t scared. I think the line is +318 or something but I didn’t even check it really.

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

SA Forums Poster posted:

I just put $2,000 to win $1,000 on Alexander Volkanovski
another $2,000 to win $1,000 on Rose Namajunas

and $100 to win $500 on Paige VanZant just because

That was fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

jase1 posted:

10k on masivdal. I ain’t scared. I think the line is +318 or something but I didn’t even check it really.

RIP