Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Open Marriage Night posted:

Is this a joke, or did you forget America Chavez telling her that she’s not as straight as she thinks she is?

I feel like that was just America teasing Kate, if only because she seems like the kind of character who'd know trying to dictate someone else's sexuality to them is a real jerk move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

I can't believe I forgot that Wolverine cover, mea-culpa.

Oh, it's never been explicit to my knowledge, but Claremont was clearly writing Storm, Kitty and Rachel as bi.

This has to be something he’s addressed in interviews since then. I seem to remember he was on the early years of the jay and miles podcast at least a couple times.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

This has to be something he’s addressed in interviews since then. I seem to remember he was on the early years of the jay and miles podcast at least a couple times.

He said it was explicitly what he was doing on that podcast, yeah. That he couldn't be blatant because of the standards of the time, but it was pretty clear.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Random Stranger posted:

Thinking about this I really don't like the Logan/Herc pairing. I just think Logan wouldn't put up with Hercules's poo poo, they'd wind up fighting all the time, and it would wind up being a cold marriage where Logan was determined to save it while Hercules just didn't give a gently caress.

Kurt's the obvious husband material and would be way more in tune with Logan's feelings. There's plenty of other options, too, it's mainly that I'd expect Hercules to be a lovely husband in general unless his spouse could get their needs through to him. Logan's too closed off.

Herc and Logan could be drinking buddies. Husbands just feels wrong.

Keep in mind this is an alternate universe pairing, and by "alternate universe" I mean "Logan is a general in the British Army and viceroy of Canada."

Their relationship is considered illicit, but only because the gods of Olympus aren't supposed to consort with mortals. And they do in fact consort. A lot.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 05:01 on May 7, 2020

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

When's Gabby's sexuality ever come up one way or the other?

She was married with kids* in Taylor's last arc of All-New Wolverine. But she's like a kid right now so her sexuality is not a thing I like to dwell on.

*granted they only said the name of the spouse was "Taylor" gettin a little egotistical, Tom?, they didn't actually appear, and there's plenty of female Taylors out there, but the kids are stated to be biologically hers, so I figure Occam's razor applies.

edit: of course yeah, that means bi is still totally a possibility I guess

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 7, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Sperm donors are also a thing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure Hulkling and Wiccan aren't bi.

Yeah, well, by and large in comics (with some exceptions, obviously) men are gay and women are bi. They're the standard non-straight sexualities.

Random Stranger posted:

Thinking about this I really don't like the Logan/Herc pairing. I just think Logan wouldn't put up with Hercules's poo poo, they'd wind up fighting all the time, and it would wind up being a cold marriage where Logan was determined to save it while Hercules just didn't give a gently caress.

Kurt's the obvious husband material and would be way more in tune with Logan's feelings. There's plenty of other options, too, it's mainly that I'd expect Hercules to be a lovely husband in general unless his spouse could get their needs through to him. Logan's too closed off.

Herc and Logan could be drinking buddies. Husbands just feels wrong.

It works in the context of Howlett and Hercules, Heroes of Canada. Modern Herc and Logan wouldn't.

I miss Howlett. He rocked that hat and stache.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 7, 2020

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kurui Reiten posted:

He said it was explicitly what he was doing on that podcast, yeah. That he couldn't be blatant because of the standards of the time, but it was pretty clear.

Slightly related, but I've always heard the stories about Claremont's fetishes for the X women but I never knew how bad it was until I recently started going through his first run on Uncanny on Unlimited. Like every other issue has Storm being stripped naked for some reason.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Well he was Roman.

Oh, you're so funny.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
In the late 90's / early 00's all attractive female characters in media were bi.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Ultimate Wolverine was bi, wasn't he? I feel like I remember him getting with Ultimate Colossus, who was gay.

Speaking of, which Ultimate universe characters are around these days? Just Miles Morales and The Maker?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Miles' family, too, also Bombshell, I want to say Ganke and maybe Kong? I do think it's mostly USM people.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure the Maker brought back a bunch of the Ultimates in... maybe Ewing's Ultimates² series? I forget. Anyway iirc a bunch of them got brought back, turned on Maker, then stole a spaceship and are just drifting somewhere out there.

Also the current Miles story arc revolves around him facing a guy named Ultimatum who has the Ultimate Green Goblin working for him and seems to be restoring people's memories of 1610 for unknown purposes, like they just reminded Aaron Davis that Miles totally (accidentally) killed him.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 19:48 on May 9, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

I'm pretty sure the Maker brought back a bunch of the Ultimates in... maybe Ewing's Ultimates² series? I forget. Anyway iirc a bunch of them got brought back, turned on Maker, then stole a spaceship and are just drifting somewhere out there.

Also the current Miles story arc revolves around him facing a guy named Ultimate who has the Ultimate Green Goblin working for him and seems to be restoring people's memories of 1610 for unknown purposes, like they just reminded Aaron Davis that Miles totally (accidentally) killed him.

The Ultimates Ewing brought back weren't real and went away at the end of the book.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Also the current Miles story arc revolves around him facing a guy named Ultimatum who has the Ultimate Green Goblin working for him and seems to be restoring people's memories of 1610 for unknown purposes, like they just reminded Aaron Davis that Miles totally (accidentally) killed him.
Oh hey, I'm following that Miles arc, but since I'm reading on Marvel Unlimited I'm a bit behind. Neat concept, will be interesting to see how it plays out. Hadn't realized that version of Goblin was the Ultimate one though, probably because he wasn't all that memorable.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

The Ultimates Ewing brought back weren't real and went away at the end of the book.

Ah, guess I forgot that then

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Woebin posted:

Ultimate Wolverine was bi, wasn't he? I feel like I remember him getting with Ultimate Colossus, who was gay.

Speaking of, which Ultimate universe characters are around these days? Just Miles Morales and The Maker?

I think Colossus was into him but it wasn't reciprocated.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
What was the sexuality of Strong Guy? Would I have a shot?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Push El Burrito posted:

What was the sexuality of Strong Guy? Would I have a shot?

Strong Guy is straight, AFAIK, having relationships with Rahne and Monet. The really unfortunate thing with Strong Guy, though, is that the writers just keep making him their whipping boy. I think he's died/lost his soul more times than the entire rest of 90's X-Factor combined. The writers just seem to be unable to let him find any meaningful happiness.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I mean, doesn't his power literally cause his heart to break?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

I mean, doesn't his power literally cause his heart to break?

They fixed that.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
If I remember correctly, The Maker was helping Venom and Spider-man with the whole Carnage collecting spines thing, from the Ultimate Carnage event?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
anyone ever wonder why miles’ dad is named jefferson davis

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
is it just for the subtle joke about his name also being miles davis or what

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

scary ghost dog posted:

is it just for the subtle joke about his name also being miles davis or what

Except Miles took his mom's name.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PicklePants posted:

If I remember correctly, The Maker was helping Venom and Spider-man with the whole Carnage collecting spines thing, from the Ultimate Carnage event?

Yep. As expected for the Maker though, it wasn't altruistic and he was collecting pieces of symbiote to study and then he turned in his findings to the Council of Reeds.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Except Miles took his mom's name.

err yeah. but if he didnt his name would be miles davis lol

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

TwoPair posted:

Ultimatum being 616 Miles is an interesting wrinkle.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

scary ghost dog posted:

anyone ever wonder why miles’ dad is named jefferson davis

Because in original USM run, his dad was bigoted against mutants and the real Jeff Davis was a big piece of poo poo

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Because in original USM run, his dad was bigoted against mutants and the real Jeff Davis was a big piece of poo poo

Jefferson Davis' views are pretty well known which is why its confusing that BMB named a black man after the president of the CSA.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Jefferson Davis' views are pretty well known which is why its confusing that BMB named a black man after the president of the CSA.

i feel like bmb wanted miles to almost be named miles davis, so his dads last name had to be davis. then he was like, his dads racist against mutants....ill name him jefferson davis. he probably thought he was a genius

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

howe_sam posted:

Ultimatum being 616 Miles is an interesting wrinkle.

That is a hell of a twist, I'll say that much

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda #3

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Getting caught up with my pulls from before lockdown started

Batman/Superman #8

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Roth posted:

Batman/Superman #8

This owns

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Roth posted:

Batman/Superman #8

So either the Batarang kills this guy or does nothing at all, right?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

the batarang is in his skull now

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

the batarang is his skull now

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Wouldn't be the weirdest thing Ra's has done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Oh that's Ra's, yeah ok he'll get over it.