Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

gravity's just a theory, hehehhee.... FACT OR DEATH!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

spaceblancmange posted:

From the Australian protests:

Far more cases of facebook poisoning than Covid here.

Aussies with ciggie butt brain are way better than the ones with facebook brain.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Americans are beyond saving, they're literally too stupid to keep themselves alive

https://twitter.com/BoardingArea/status/1259216708729925632?s=20

Thumbnail pic makes me lol every time

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

snoo posted:

jesus loving christ

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it'd be cool if a first world country would coup our government and institute a democracy

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Third World Reagan posted:

are people confused about bill gates being a bad person itt or what

No one is confused about him being bad, he's still a rich capitalist pile of poo poo. He's also not developing a vaccine to install mind control chips into everyone.

All he's doing is standard 'mah legacy' poo poo. Wants to be known as the guy who saved humanity from the terrible disease and not the guy who greenlight clippy.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ned qelly

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Third World Reagan posted:

are people confused about bill gates being a bad person itt or what

hes the new soros

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
american exceptionalism is our unfathomable stupidity

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
a nation of warhammer 40k orks

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

kittycat

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Saw this posted on Facebook

19 ways corona crisis has unmasked the left’s subversive agenda 

quote:

Many who loudly gloat about bridges and hatred of walls and everything associated with them are now screaming that everyone must be walled-in-place, stay at home, until further notice;

Many who demand free love with no personal restraints are now fanatically in favor of social distancing to the point of denouncing neighbors and others;

Many who insist all lockdown procedures are needed and worth the economic destruction “if only to save one life,” nevertheless demand all abortion facilities be left open, calling them essential and life-sustaining businesses; 

Many who called for complete transparency now insist that everyone out and about cover their faces with a mask;

Many who once favored absolute freedom in daily life now insist on an almost militarized lifestyle;

Many who insist that science is a god to be worshipped in this crisis are strangely silent when “expert” models like the London Imperial College’s COVID-19 study, are proven to have grossly overestimated the scourge’s lethality;

Many who unashamedly defended euthanasia claiming that quality of life should determine when the government should put an end to the right to life of the elderly, now hold that every elderly life is precious regardless of its quality (while still excoriating anti-euthanasia conservatives, who have always stated this truth!);

Many who protested against the police’s use of force to stop crime and illegality now applaud brutal police action against law-abiding citizens protesting outside abortion mills who were falsely accused of violating stay-at-home orders or maintaining social distancing;

Many who imposed evolution and natural selection in schools, treating them as dogma that can never be questioned, now believe they must be suspended in regards to coronavirus victims;

Many who proclaim that the virus could never be a punishment from God affirm it is the revenge of “Mother Earth” for so-called sins against the environment;

Many who once denounced all censorship as a violation of absolute freedom now praise social media sites that censor content that is critical of Chinese communist handling of the crisis;

Many who claim that the Trump administration chose money over lives, now loudly complain that their stimulus checks are late;

Many who protested to support the cause of workers are now fierce critics of workers who are protesting in the streets and at state capitols because they want to return to work;

Many who urged the release of prisoners to avoid contagion by the virus, now demand severe punishment, including fines and imprisonment, for law-abiding Americans opposed to the lockdown;

Many who used to insist that change be ushered in by democratic means by “we the people,” now see the crisis as a golden opportunity for dictatorial governors running amok to impose on society the radical change engineered by “experts” whom, they claim, know better than the American people what is good for them;

Many who protested the globalism of multinational companies now urge global solutions and governing mechanisms and the imposition of a new world order;

Many who claimed to favor religious freedom now demand the closure of churches in the name of safety and public health;

Many who have protested against the Establishment now favor denying lockdown protesters that same right;

Many who decried attempts made against privacy are now willing to surrender all kinds of personal information to fight the virus—and demand that everyone else should be compelled to do the same.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Americans are exceptionally stupid.
And selfish.
And greedy.

Has anyone ever told you that?

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

anime was right posted:

a nation of warhammer 40k orks

nah orks have a blast at all times, all americans are miserable lmao

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/GarethFouche/status/1259144824202170368

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this data only goes up to may 1st, too, what's the real line look like if data up through today is added?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i cannot fathom what it would take for people in fifty years to know who bill gates was. like even as dumbass trivia.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fortnite had some in game concerts yesterday, my wife and I got on and partied at 'em. It was fun

as long as a year ago the creator of fortnite said that he envisioned it becoming something more like a social media platform, so they got lucky here- they have a whole mode for live concerts now, that they apparently were developing before all this anyway, and now live music is over for the foreseeable future

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Lpzie posted:

while looking into why the IHME model uses erf(a(t-T)) as its workhorse and if that's standard in the field, i ran into a paper from apr 2nd by two physicists that have no training at all in modeling pandemics, wishing only to show off to the virology community their gaussian skills. it has a great line near the end.

lol stupid motherfuckers

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Poor Granda is daid
Poor Granddaddy is daid
All gather round his coffin now and cry
He had a heart of gold
And he was very very old
Oh why did such a fella have to die
*schedules perm*

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

I like how this acknowledges that immunocompromised people exist yet doesn’t include any sort of guidance for what they should actually do to protect themselves.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

What happened to all the kids who called me human being or the n word during games, how did they get replaced with this

Patient Zero Cool
Apr 24, 2020

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Steve Yun posted:

What happened to all the kids who called me human being or the n word during games, how did they get replaced with this

maybe being a decent person online is the new edgy persona

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

Pump Jockey posted:

I like how this acknowledges that immunocompromised people exist yet doesn’t include any sort of guidance for what they should actually do to protect themselves.

I'm not surprised by Perry County being idiots but mildly surprised and very irritated at Dauphin County being idiots too. Fucken Central PA. Can't wait to leave this place.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Solarin posted:

maybe being a decent person online is the new edgy persona

low key always has been

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

So this blows your balls clean off and then takes your kids a couple of weeks later? Seems like some kind of sign. Maybe we should listen?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

GABA ghoul posted:

So this blows your balls clean off and then takes your kids a couple of weeks later? Seems like some kind of sign. Maybe we should listen?

no

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

They were probably also saying the n word

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
What’s up with these White House covid cases? Hilarious incompetence, or people being forced out under pretext of quarantine?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

smarxist posted:

it'd be cool if a first world country would coup our government and institute a democracy
*monkey's paw curls for china*

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

lmao, at the Melbourne protest today where all the fb brain nutters came out to protest lockdown there was one sign that stood out among all the hand made piles of garbage. It wasn't created by the protestors though and instead a sign the government had already hung.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

*monkey's paw curls for china*

at worst that'd be a lateral move

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Guess who's getting a haircut?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

kater posted:

i cannot fathom what it would take for people in fifty years to know who bill gates was. like even as dumbass trivia.

Yeah that's cos mostly everyone is going to be dead in 50 years

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

empty whippet box posted:

low key always has been

Absolutely

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Centrist Committee posted:

What’s up with these White House covid cases? Hilarious incompetence, or people being forced out under pretext of quarantine?

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1259128372946444289

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

FREE DOM