Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

Whybird posted:

Gonna stick my dick in that industrial shredder

Better hurry up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Now that's a loving company slogan

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Lobok posted:

Never go fulstændig agurk.

I know Lobok.

I know.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Amphigory posted:

Now that's a loving company slogan

Lockheed is so upset that they didn’t think of it first.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

ESDK posted:

Better hurry up!

I keep reading this as "allegory shredders" and assume it's a deliberate pun.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ESDK posted:

Better hurry up!

calm down Skynet

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Memento posted:

calm down Skynet

No no, let them speak

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Allegheny Shredders is like some country metal band name.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Resting Lich Face posted:

The hand is kinda disturbing and I'm not sure why since I've seen way worse poo poo on the internet.

No ring.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Resting Lich Face posted:

I mean they're fast at least. I can think of more unpleasant ways to die than lights out in a couple (excruciating, granted) seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXVN7QJ8m88&t=68s

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

I did some poo poo like that after Sandy Hook. Nobody tried talking back, I think one or two did unfriend me though.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

If I remember right this was the back cover to the nude Rush Limbaugh issue

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Mustached5thGrader posted:

If I remember right this was the back cover to the nude Rush Limbaugh issue

The what now

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Happy Mothers' Day to you,

There I said it, now I'm done,

So how 'bout getting out of bed

And cooking breakfast for your son?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dixville posted:

The what now

Someone never subscribed to Playgirl it seems

Or Mad magazine

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Memento posted:

calm down Skynet

i stand by my previous tweet you gotta hand it to skynet

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The rosebud is a nice touch.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The Ape of Naples posted:

Someone never subscribed to Playgirl it seems

Or Mad magazine

I read mad magazine some in the 90s when i was like 8 to 10 years old. Must not have gotten that issue

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dixville posted:

I read mad magazine some in the 90s when i was like 8 to 10 years old. Must not have gotten that issue

Or you're going to get your money's worth on a therapist couch someday.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Or you're going to get your money's worth on a therapist couch someday.

I hope so cause so far it's mostly been me spending money on therapy and it not being worth it!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dixville posted:

I hope so cause so far it's mostly been me spending money on therapy and it not being worth it!

Don't get me started. Therapists are the biggest grifters on the planet.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Don't get me started. Therapists are the biggest grifters on the planet.

I've had like 50/50 luck, had a few therapists I dropped after a few weeks cause they were literally not doing their job. The other ones were great and I stayed with one for years. Psychiatrists are loving nuts though...like 5 min with a patient and they'll prescribe anything you ask for, but it's gonna cost you, and the ones in the hospital I've seen literally fake the charts, not see a patient but do a write up and continue the meds their on etc as if they did a face to face...it's criminal.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Gotta go fast :cry:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Dixville posted:

Oh goddamn, this is too real.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

NO!!!!!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

I've had like 50/50 luck, had a few therapists I dropped after a few weeks cause they were literally not doing their job. The other ones were great and I stayed with one for years. Psychiatrists are loving nuts though...like 5 min with a patient and they'll prescribe anything you ask for, but it's gonna cost you, and the ones in the hospital I've seen literally fake the charts, not see a patient but do a write up and continue the meds their on etc as if they did a face to face...it's criminal.

Agreed. Though I haven't met a good therapist yet and have had more than one fall asleep. I get that I'm boring but I'm not here to entertain.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

I don't understand the question and I'm OK with that.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Google oglaf spider if you want the hidden truth about spiders

:nws: for oglaf and :nms: for the spider

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
My partner is a therapist and I'm a mental health professional, so I'm biased but therapy is cool and good.

Of course you have to account for the fact that a lot of people are lousy at their job, including therapists, so its always a crapshoot. Also, you might have the worlds best therapist but if you don't get along personally you aren't going to get anywhere. Unfortunately it takes a lot of luck to get therapy to work.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lechtansi posted:

My partner is a therapist and I'm a mental health professional, so I'm biased but therapy is cool and good.

Of course you have to account for the fact that a lot of people are lousy at their job, including therapists, so its always a crapshoot. Also, you might have the worlds best therapist but if you don't get along personally you aren't going to get anywhere. Unfortunately it takes a lot of luck to get therapy to work.
Lol. "I make money off of this so it's cool and good"

No. This is always the bullshit answer. It's always "your" fault. I've seen over a dozen of therapists over the years. Some for months. Some through hospitals some I've researched on my own. I've 'shopped' around out of pocket to see if I found one I liked. None have done anything and I truly mean anything. None have ever said anything of note or helpful. None have had any positive impact. None, to a person, have been insightful. None have even tried.

I've had great success with plumbers, doctors, had some bad mechanics. Dentists have been pretty good. Not a single therapist have provided anything.

Blaming the person seeking help is basically predatory. I've come to all of them out of desperation, at my lowest. And then at a new nadir. And all have just exploited me. They were all happy to take my money week after week. Sometimes a couple of times a week. They were all happy to do so. None ever said, "hey maybe this isn't working out". You should seek out someone else. They took money I barely had. Complained that I was on their sliding scale. They were quick to bring up billing when I decided to call it quits. Once, when I was hospitalized, I had a therapist ask the psych I was seeing about the money I owed her from the session I missed in the hospital. They're ghouls. I've had deeper conversations with people in the queue at the supermarket and received more empathy.

No, gently caress therapists. I've dealt with enough of them to judge their lot accurately.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Yes but how does that make you feel?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I found one therapist i liked then i loving moved like a month later an hour away. I guess i could have kept going to him. I don't even know if he's still there or remember his name so I'll never see him again :(

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Dixville posted:

This is because they're more likely to be poor, right?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Lol. "I make money off of this so it's cool and good"

No. This is always the bullshit answer. It's always "your" fault. I've seen over a dozen of therapists over the years. Some for months. Some through hospitals some I've researched on my own. I've 'shopped' around out of pocket to see if I found one I liked. None have done anything and I truly mean anything. None have ever said anything of note or helpful. None have had any positive impact. None, to a person, have been insightful. None have even tried.

I've had great success with plumbers, doctors, had some bad mechanics. Dentists have been pretty good. Not a single therapist have provided anything.

Blaming the person seeking help is basically predatory. I've come to all of them out of desperation, at my lowest. And then at a new nadir. And all have just exploited me. They were all happy to take my money week after week. Sometimes a couple of times a week. They were all happy to do so. None ever said, "hey maybe this isn't working out". You should seek out someone else. They took money I barely had. Complained that I was on their sliding scale. They were quick to bring up billing when I decided to call it quits. Once, when I was hospitalized, I had a therapist ask the psych I was seeing about the money I owed her from the session I missed in the hospital. They're ghouls. I've had deeper conversations with people in the queue at the supermarket and received more empathy.

No, gently caress therapists. I've dealt with enough of them to judge their lot accurately.

But why?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Great now I have to pay you too...
Oh wait. Sorry I don't have insurance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I've had great success with therapy, but I'm on the lesser end of the anxiety/depression spectrum. Also it took years and finally accepting that I was never going to be "fixed" but instead just had to learn to manage.