Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can whole countries get darwin awards

We are finding that out. Stay tuned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Immanentized posted:

Question for the thread, I thought Brix was keeping stuff together, though I've really stopped watching, what is she doing now that is negative overall? Has she gone over to the Trumpian way?

So first, Birx is a political appointee, while Fauci is not. Sure, Fauci can be hosed with, but he's a careerist while she isn't.

From what I gather, she's the more data-driven person on the task force, more favorable of modelling versus Fauci. Lately, Birx has been internally questioning the CDC's death data, thinking they're overreporting deaths by 25% percent or more.

The CDC's information might indeed be poo poo, but Birx seems to be getting more and more willing to defend Donnie's bullshit on TV. It's nearly impossible to figure out how much of it is a delicate dance and how much of it is her turning Trumpy.

Here's an article on it: https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/26/opinions/birx-trump-doctors-scientists-administration-ghitis/index.html

But a lot of this poo poo is moot anyways. Donnie was already on his TRANSITION TO GREATNESS reopening demand and Fauci, FDA commissioner Hahn, and the CDC director Redfield are all in various forms of quarantine now. All tested negative and are low-risk, but Donnie quit listening to doctors a while ago anyways.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 10, 2020

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Stultus Maximus posted:

No. Another in a long history of armed white men refusing to accept laws that inconvenience armed white men.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/constitutional-sheriffs-cops-who-think-government-our-greatest-threat-n557381

Also a reminder that libertarians like to talk about how jury nullification can be used against things like unjust marijuana laws, but in practice jury nullification has always been used to uphold white supremacy against federal civil rights enforcement. The "constitutional sheriff" exists to use laws on the books to persecute minorities and ignore the laws when they bother white men.

The West, more than the South, is the hotbed of insurrection and white supremacy.

Do these guys often run into conflicts with municipal police departments and state troopers? And since the sheriff's in England derived their power from the King, how does that work in America? We don't have nobility, and the head of state is the President.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

PeterCat posted:

Pussy Communist?

I understood this reference.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

PeterCat posted:

Do these guys often run into conflicts with municipal police departments and state troopers? And since the sheriff's in England derived their power from the King, how does that work in America? We don't have nobility, and the head of state is the President.

They are elected by the local populace in elections, and are full law enforcement officers.

For more fun- in some jurisdictions, you don't need to have any experience or training in LE to be elected. Same with judges. A Judge, legally speaking, doesn't need any legal training. Lol.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/rkgwork/status/1259466509354762240?s=19

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

PeterCat posted:

Sheriffs's authority, mission, and existence vary from state to state. In most states it comes from the state constitution as an elected official. A couple of states don't have them at all. So it's very much a state vs federal powers issue.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Remember when the Chud propaganda mouthpieces we’re going after Obama and Biden for letting like 12,000 people die during Swine Flu? Like COVID somehow wasn’t going to eclipse that insanely quickly?

Bros, that happened LAST MONTH

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Deathy McDeath posted:

Remember when the Chud propaganda mouthpieces we’re going after Obama and Biden for letting like 12,000 people die during Swine Flu? Like COVID somehow wasn’t going to eclipse that insanely quickly?

BUT ARE FREEDOMS

TRUMP 2020 MAGA

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Deathy McDeath posted:

Bro I can barely remember last month.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I was trying to find that meme to repost it, but can't find the one that was everywhere back then.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Deathy McDeath posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1259450328048709633

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol literally none of that is true except the spelling of Obama and Biden’s name.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Somebody must've stopped paying the bill because the comments are all making GBS threads on Trump

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can whole countries get darwin awards

they'd have to die first

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Godholio posted:

I understood this reference.

I thought it appropriate, given we are talking about sheriffs who do not understand that they are not feudal vassals.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

they'd have to die first

Give us a few weeks here.

idempodunk
May 12, 2001
Toilet Rascal
New ContraPoints:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRBsaJPkt2Q

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: nah that's a dumb thing to say.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Just a reminder this was on the first 100 days in office but remains pertinent

https://youtu.be/Qo3fT0xPeHs

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Hell yeah.

https://twitter.com/MikeDuHaime/status/1259554009993613324

I love these stories when people find ways to persevere.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The drunk bum who yelled at me in the liquor store last night was wearing a surgical mask lmao

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1259561821289226248

Having another normal one today.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
What is he even talking about

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

What is he even talking about

I think he's commenting on a fence the Obamas want to build around their backyard.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Hes probably having a tantrum because Barry O weighed in on his poo poo pandemic response.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Obamagate was trending on Twitter a few hours ago

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
What a terrible name. It doesn’t even tell you what the scandal is about. You can understand “Bridgegate” or “Spygate” almost intuitively, but Obamagate? Makes no sense

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
Yeah when they say it like that, it sounds like they just have a problem with Obama

really makes u think :birdthunk:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

MRC48B posted:

Hes probably having a tantrum because Barry O weighed in on his poo poo pandemic response.

Oh I must have missed that part

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

They should really impeach Obama if he keeps doing all of these terrible things.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
now where is that trump tweet about impeachment for incompetence?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

God dammit someone smash his loving phone already, gently caress.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

This probably isn't the one you meant, but I feel it's relevant

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MRC48B posted:

If BO really wanted to piss him off he should just give blase "I'm sure he's trying his best" type answers. Then again Donnie might not be smart enough to realize what an insult that is

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MRC48B posted:

I saw he weighed in on flynn but not the pandemic.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Slim Pickens posted:

I saw he weighed in on flynn but not the pandemic.

Said epidemic response was "complete disaster" or something like that.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

That Works posted:

Said epidemic response was "complete disaster" or something like that.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-calls-trump-administrations-response-to-pandemic-an-absolute-chaotic-disaster-2020-05-09/

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Barry O got that quarantine haircut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNm6awxPU3s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

If BO really wanted to piss him off he should just give blase "I'm sure he's trying his best" type answers. Then again Donnie might not be smart enough to realize what an insult that is

I'm actually super curious now if Donnie would be quick enough to pick up on this, or if he's on enough drugs or sundowned to take it at face value.