Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Brendan Rodgers posted:

The conspiracy theory behind the conspiracy theory is the bullshit originally came from that book though I dunno much:

https://qz.com/1349858/what-does-qanon-have-to-do-with-leftist-italian-authors-wu-ming/

quote:

Under this guise, they share fake news in alt-right forums, getting users worked up over implausible revelations like the claim that Hillary Clinton approved the kidnapping of 3,000 children around the world.

sorry but what about this is implausible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

We'll probably hear about furlong today, simply because otherwise businesses will start making redundancies soon.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

The current furlough scheme runs till June 30th so we’ll hear about the extension / winding down by end of next week. 45 days for statutory redundancy consultation so 30/6 minus 45 is the deadline they have to announce by.
Don’t think we’ll hear anything substantial today. Announcements need one clear message to be the takeaway and they’ve already got all this relaxing / not relaxing social distancing to cover.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

TACD posted:

Staying at home I can do but staying alert at home is a bridge too far. What do they expect me to do, actually focus on my Netflix movie? gently caress off

Sleep with one eye open, if you see the virus, poo poo the bed.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

I thought I read something about Sunak saying things on Tuesday but I can't find it now.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Nothingtoseehere posted:

We'll probably hear about furlong today, simply because otherwise businesses will start making redundancies soon.

What's edward been doing recently? Is he clean yet

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cerv posted:

Announcements need one clear message to be the takeaway and they’ve already got all this relaxing / not relaxing social distancing to cover.

i think you'll find they've already covered that one with their very helpful new slogan

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

peanut- posted:

The newspapers literally just made Boris Johnson prime minister. Unless they're convinced corona is going to absolutely ruin him irredeemably to the electorate I really struggle to believe there's much conspiracy within either the tory party or the press to get rid of him (above just their baseline level of backstabbing).

I have a suspicion that the press would rapidly find they've done too good a job bigging Joris up and now whatever they fling at him won't stick.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Angepain posted:

i think you'll find they've already covered that one with their very helpful new slogan

Arbeit Macht Frei?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Marmaduke! posted:

Sleep with one eye open, if you see the virus, poo poo the bed.

make the metal gear ! noise every time you are alerted

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We can't furlough people forever. We have to accept that those jobs never needed doing and were just busywork to further enrich capital and prop up a work-to-live model of society that doesn't make sense since we're just too good at making all the things we need with fewer and fewer people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Though "accepting" that means turning the people who did them out on the street in this case.

And specifically paying people not to work is one of the preferred alternative models.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/shirleymush/status/1259530459987533825?s=21

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

kecske posted:

make the metal gear ! noise every time you are alerted

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Feeling nervous about the announcement lads.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

https://twitter.com/kevinfins13/status/1259421995386707968

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Vitamin P posted:

Feeling nervous about the announcement lads.

Either he's going to try and hide that nothing has changed, causing mass confusion, or he's going to tell us all to get back to work as if nothing is happening.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

gh0stpinballa posted:

sorry but what about this is implausible
There was the bit where they were abusing kids in the basement of a pizza place that doesn't have a basement and using pizza related codewords.

When you get poo poo like that, it's normally because people don't want to face up to the more banal evil, like when people in the 80s were convinced that Satanic cults were holding secret black masses in churches and abusing kids as part of the ritual, because they couldn't accept the alternative, that the priest who works in the church and has keys to the church and is in and out of the church at all hours might be abusing kids.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

the Q stuff is less about "here's some dumbass conspiracy" and more "here's a trump tweet I printed out to cover my wall and all these bits of string connect a SECRET MESSAGE if you add 4 to these letters and NINE!!!!!! to this one HILLARY IS GETTING ARRESTED TODAY" *hillary is not arrested* "ah well, nevertheless THIS PROVES HOW DEEP IT GOES"

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Unfortunately my smart phone is dying. But also, the main thing is I don't want to be wearing headphones all the time so if I could play them on the tv would be good. I can do spotify on the tv are they on there possibly?

I was thinking more letting it blare out of the speaker, but nah I don't think it's on Spotify?
hell your TV probably has a web browser though

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The central tenant of Q is true. We are ruled by a cabal of sociopathic paedophiles. Everything else is bollocks.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The Sky News special broadcast is called 'lifting the lockdown'. Nice and responsible.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
Waiting for the stream of “Boris sounds churchillian” from the twitter melts.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Remember when we all thought Boris Johnson was going to die

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

The most bizarro part of Q was when one of them, in a case of mistaken identify, assassinated the head of the Gambino crime family.

ChairmanGoesWoof
Jul 12, 2016

Subbz posted:

Waiting for the stream of “Boris sounds churchillian” from the twitter melts.

Why, is he drunk?

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...
"We've established a new system of 5 clearly delineated threat levels"

"So, what level are we at now?"

"Uh, about 3.5"

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Hahaha what the loving gently caress are these PowerPoint slides?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So you should work from home, and if you can't, you SHOULD goto work.

Everythings back open lads.

Fancy a pint?

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Leggsy posted:

"We've established a new system of 5 clearly delineated threat levels"

"So, what level are we at now?"

"Uh, about 3.5"

I literally laughed out loud when I saw the slider fall between 3 and 4.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
Did he just tell everyone that he's lifting domestic travel restrictions? That's not going to be creatively interpreted in such a way as to see people flooding to the countryside and beaches at all.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I can't believe that was real

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So Boris is doing loving nothing then.
lol

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

So the big thing in this speech was "unlimited exercise" and that is absolutely meaningless because there's nowhere near enough cops to track the number of times you go outside.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

ChairmanGoesWoof posted:

Why, is he drunk?

Or saying Bengal deserves to starve?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
They're doing a BBC news special and they don't loving know what to say lol

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

happyhippy posted:

So you should work from home, and if you can't, you SHOULD goto work.

Everythings back open lads.

Fancy a pint?

Look plebs, you should be generating wealth for us. As long as you don't use the bus.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
i laughed when he said he'd consulted the other 3 nations and there was a consensus on this, that must have been the bit recorded yesterday.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i wish someone would kill bojo and maybe parliament as a whole with a big comedy hammer or something

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
I didn't watch it because I hate looking at Boris, what were the main points/changes if anything? Even if it's just vague fluff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'd settle for a big squeaky inflatable hammer bonking him on the head every time he says something stupid.