Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I can practically hear the incels bombarding this thread chain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

ImpAtom posted:

Doesn't JoJo have an entire chapter about a monkey trying to molest an underage girl, complete with shower scene?

You might be right, but the monkey was a naval officer so that’s to be expected. The child stowaway gets written out of the plot after a while though, and after that it’s twinks all the way.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

"we invited the clown, Gary, and his sister"

please tell me definitively how many people there were

Cute of you to write a scenario where you’re being invited to something.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Captain Monkey posted:

Cute of you to write a scenario where you’re being invited to something.

:popeye:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1259353663316910080?s=21

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1259355593359458310?s=21

https://twitter.com/taquinj/status/1259359696823169024?s=21

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

ultrafilter posted:

Niether liesured foriegn counterfieter could attain iether wierd hieght without forfieting protien.

My nieghbor's ieight biege riendeer wieght too much to be shipped by frieght.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tiggum posted:

There is nothing inherently clearer about using the Oxford comma. The only way to actually avoid ambiguity in all cases is to read your sentence back and make sure you didn't say something dumb.

The stripper’s stage name is “JFK and Stalin”.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://twitter.com/_ausgarrett/status/1258993473715187713

Looks a lil better on the actual timeline.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Flint_Paper posted:

Nice t-shirt

Absolutely loving this

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

This is the same whole-format-needed energy as WHERE IS MY COFFEE and it's a beautiful thing

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ultrafilter posted:

Neither leisured foreign counterfeiter could attain either weird height without forfeiting protein.

My neighbor's eight beige reindeer weight too much to be shipped by freight.

This example is ancient.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

mind the walrus posted:

I can practically hear the incels bombarding this thread chain

I'm jealous: I can practically smell them.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/robbyslowik/status/1259262822892163081?s=21

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

I for one am relieved that we will finally have a raw, grim, gritty, Batman to show us the darker side of the character and serve as a welcome antidote to the current overabundance of lighthearted, carefree Batman stories.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Whybird posted:

I for one am relieved that we will finally have a raw, grim, gritty, Batman to show us the darker side of the character and serve as a welcome antidote to the current overabundance of lighthearted, carefree Batman stories.

The problem is that was already done perfectly in the sixties and everyone knows it.

I feel like the only kind of Batman story left to do in film are the later insane ones, the ones that take themselves seriously while still being dumb as hell. I want a Batman movie where he spends an inordinate amount of time being mad about rock music, or a fight against a guy who uploads fighting styles into his suit that's beaten by forcing him to fight like Stephen Hawking.

Or just an entire movie where Batman never leaves an all-powerful floating chair.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
LEGO Batman was fantastic.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
If they want to do "dark gritty Batman" why not just straight up do live action The Dark Knight Returns. That's the source of all the darkness, so stop loving around.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
In case you had ANY lingering respect for cops

https://twitter.com/ShutUpAndrosky/status/1259323665696428034?s=19

https://twitter.com/ShutUpAndrosky/status/1259344083811631104?s=19

https://twitter.com/ShutUpAndrosky/status/1259346729016586240?s=19

https://twitter.com/ShutUpAndrosky/status/1259374561897984000?s=19

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Is Batman gonna jerk it?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

doverhog posted:

If they want to do "dark gritty Batman" why not just straight up do live action The Dark Knight Returns. That's the source of all the darkness, so stop loving around.

With Michael Keaton as Batman.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/socialaskan/status/1258988236371718144

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Cleretic posted:

The problem is that was already done perfectly in the sixties and everyone knows it.

I feel like the only kind of Batman story left to do in film are the later insane ones, the ones that take themselves seriously while still being dumb as hell. I want a Batman movie where he spends an inordinate amount of time being mad about rock music, or a fight against a guy who uploads fighting styles into his suit that's beaten by forcing him to fight like Stephen Hawking.

Or just an entire movie where Batman never leaves an all-powerful floating chair.
The only real untapped areas:

• An actual honest-to-god detective/conspiracy story (smart money says this is it)
  • Batman fights an actual monster like Man-Bat or Clayface
  • Globetrotting Batman being Bond, but also Batman
  • Bring in the sidekicks/Bat-Family/Batman Inc.
  • Batman Beyond (harder than it sounds)
  • Bugfuck insanity like you said where Batman hates Rock Music or has to go to the underworld where dinosaurs roam
  • Absolute "break the conceit" poo poo like that Aronofsky pitch about Working Class Batman who wears tacticool gear and uses a tire iron
  • Any hybrid of the above

doverhog posted:

Silly Burrito posted:

With Michael Keaton as Batman.
I really want you nerds to tell me what you think Batman v Superman was.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

mind the walrus posted:

A really lovely movie.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

mind the walrus posted:

The only real untapped areas:

• An actual honest-to-god detective/conspiracy story (smart money says this is it)
  • Batman fights an actual monster like Man-Bat or Clayface
  • Globetrotting Batman being Bond, but also Batman
  • Bring in the sidekicks/Bat-Family/Batman Inc.
  • Batman Beyond (harder than it sounds)
  • Bugfuck insanity like you said where Batman hates Rock Music or has to go to the underworld where dinosaurs roam
  • Absolute "break the conceit" poo poo like that Aronofsky pitch about Working Class Batman who wears tacticool gear and uses a tire iron
  • Any hybrid of the above

A jar of piss

doverhog
May 31, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

Adapting that comic now after Snyder strip mined it for his piece of poo poo movie would be tough, yea. Dunno if you've read it, but it really has very little in common with that movie. There's no Lex Luthor, no Doomsday, no Wonder Woman. Superman makes an appearance but he is not a main character at all.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

doverhog posted:

Adapting that comic now after Snyder strip mined it for his piece of poo poo movie would be tough, yea. Dunno if you've read it, but it really has very little in common with that movie. There's no Lex Luthor, no Doomsday, no Wonder Woman. Superman makes an appearance but he is not a main character at all.
Yes because it's also The Fountainhead mashed with The Death of Superman, and a teaser for 6 subsequent movies (only 3 of which got made). The book isn't a good candidate for adaptation either. It's very tongue-in-cheek and doesn't really amount to much thematically other than "man if these character got old they'd be hosed up." If we're going for vacuous "just for cool" stuff, I'd rather see some fun monster nonsense with Killer Croc and Man-Bat and Clayface than "Batman cracks a dude in a mudpit:"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxcp-hJJfi4

How old is this OP that he's just discovering selective policing and the fact that rich snots can get away with anything?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

mind the walrus posted:

The book isn't a good candidate for adaptation either. It's very tongue-in-cheek and doesn't really amount to much thematically other than "man if these character got old they'd be hosed up." If we're going for vacuous "just for cool" stuff, I'd rather see some fun monster nonsense with Killer Croc and Man-Bat and Clayface than "Batman cracks a dude in a mudpit:"

The fight with the mutant leader hardly is the thematic lynch pin of that story, but I'd have to read it again to get into much more detail about it, and this probably is not the right thread for that anyway.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The next Batman movie will be "inspired" by The Killing Joke, by which I mean the two or three big scenes that everybody remembers will be shoehorned into an otherwise cookie cutter superhero movie. Adding these scenes will make the whole thing confusing and hard to watch, but the execs already signed off on an Oracle movie and they have this script bought and paid for so everybody just has to live with it. A couple dozen youtubers will decry the inclusion of a disabled female character as catering to the SJWs, twice as many will be more upset by the fact that she doesn't get violently raped while her father watches like in the comic.

If that doesn't happen with this movie, save this post until the next one. It will be right eventually.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Barbara Gordon doesn't get raped while her father watches in the comic. Like, what happens to her is still hosed,but you don't need to make poo poo up to prove DC has had some issues with their female characters.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Pick posted:

LEGO Batman was fantastic.

Why are you smoothbrains still arguing about this when the only rational answer was given several posts ago?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Skwirl posted:

Barbara Gordon doesn't get raped while her father watches in the comic. Like, what happens to her is still hosed,but you don't need to make poo poo up to prove DC has had some issues with their female characters.

I think it did happen in the animated adaptation though.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Skwirl posted:

It's always important to :goonsay: "It's actually sexual assault" every time this plot point is brought up because that's what matters and not that comic books treat and always have treated women like poo poo for their entire existence.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ben_rosen/status/1258603837042028544?s=20

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

uvar posted:

I dream of a twitter utopia where people who tweet a video dare to describe literally anything about it

I usually skip most videos unless someone else does a quote of approval on them. Exceptions are asian tweets with videos, they are always a pro-click.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/leeunkrich/status/1259534514545520642

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I want to see a Batman where Bruce realises that the huge wealth inequality is the driving force behind Gothams crime problem and he fights for a more just tax system that is used to improve the lives of the impoverished. Creating a social safety net that means no one needs to resort to violence to stay alive.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Inceltown posted:

I want to see a Batman where Bruce realises that the huge wealth inequality is the driving force behind Gothams crime problem and he fights for a more just tax system that is used to improve the lives of the impoverished. Creating a social safety net that means no one needs to resort to violence to stay alive.

Batman:1040

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Claeaus posted:

I usually skip most videos unless someone else does a quote of approval on them. Exceptions are asian tweets with videos, they are always a pro-click.

True, but sometimes you REALLY need to just trust that it's worth your time. This video is my go-to example, you can't give it away beforehand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef6EK1vGJzs

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
A batman reboot where he donates all his money and just lives in the park fighting cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Inceltown posted:

The CW already turned Green Arrow into Batman so now they just need to finish the swap.