Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

This has some very "Blackbeard at Marineford" energy going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Dreamworld sequence was cool as hell. Nana though :smith:. Looks like he is in fact linked with AfO, but he had to get a jumpstart the old fashioned way.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 10, 2020

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

"all for one... was the coolest guy"
There is a sequence of entirely possible events that could lead to Deku giving Shigaraki a "He was the coolest guy!!" treatment

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fabricated posted:

There is a sequence of entirely possible events that could lead to Deku giving Shigaraki a "He was the coolest guy!!" treatment

"Izuku, he killed half the class."

"Exactly. The coolest guy."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Funky Valentine posted:

I mean it unironically too. Now that Shigaraki has AFO, apparently he has kind of a psychic connection to Midoriya. I could see Shigaraki killing a bunch of people at the hospital, then maybe one of his friends in the real final battle, then Midoriya somehow gets to see his mind palace and realize that Shigaraki wanted to be a hero before he got corrupted, then AFO shows up as the real final villain and kills/absorbs/takes over Shigaraki's body or whatever and makes fun of him, then we get the "He was the coolest guy".

It makes as much sense as it did in Naruto tbh

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

When they have their final battle in the manga, the chapter names should be All For One vs One For All --> Shigaraki vs Deku --> Tenko vs Izuku.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Dunno what everyone's so excited about, pro hero Cyclops is right there and will surely save the day

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
have to say this comic's plot did not take the trajectory i was expecting

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Rhonne posted:

When they have their final battle in the manga, the chapter names should be All For One vs One For All --> Shigaraki vs Deku --> Tenko vs Izuku.
There's got to be at least one comic book where the hero and villain are reduced to clumsily swinging their fists at one another out of exhausted desperation.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Really nice execution on what we have been all waiting for for like 10 chapters. Shigaraki's dreamscape and the way it showed him disintegrating every last vestiges of humanity that held him back and fully embrace AfO was haunting. Also nice to know that it's finally official that Shigaraki has All for One quirk, which is another thing pretty much everyone has been expecting for forever. I'm really interested how the whole "only 75% finished" comes into play, if it ever does, and what happens next.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if it'd be more like the chapter is "Tenko and Izuku" rather than versus. Kinda feels like Nana's proclamation of "Don't forget" will come back later

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like Compass guy. Nice to know there's pro heroes who are just like...part-timers.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

There's got to be at least one comic book where the hero and villain are reduced to clumsily swinging their fists at one another out of exhausted desperation.

There's at least three different Geoff Johns stories that end that exact way.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Supersonic Shine posted:

Not a comic book, but the best Ghibli film
https://i.imgur.com/Z5DZLgi.mp4

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

I remember there being a Superman comic where Lex Luthor temporarily takes away his powers and they just get into a fist fight on the beach.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I actually didn't realize that he had AFO so that was a huge 'oh poo poo!' moment for me. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Crasical posted:

I actually didn't realize that he had AFO so that was a huge 'oh poo poo!' moment for me. Maybe I'm not paying close enough attention.

Naw, it was meant to be an oh poo poo moment, based on what we were given so far. It's just that everyone was thinking forward to the climatic final battle, and Tomura would need some extra juice to make things fair. I personally thought that he was just getting a smorgasbord of quirks in the vat, not THE quirk.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Not a comic book, but the best Ghibli film
https://i.imgur.com/Z5DZLgi.mp4

That pig’s gonna kick AFO’s rear end

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Now the question is if Shigaraki got AfO's full suit of stolen Quirks or if he's starting from square one.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Now the question is if Shigaraki got AfO's full suit of stolen Quirks or if he's starting from square one.

AfO was constantly getting and replacing his quirks because even he had a limit to how many he could handle. I imagine Shigaraki will have a whole new set for quirks to go along with AfO.

I'm really curious if/when those quirk destroying bullets will come up again. They seem kind of pointless for Shiggy to use now since he can just take any quirk he wants(except OfA), unless the doctor was able to use them to make a copy of Eri's quirk for him.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

My guess is that the 75% thing means he doesn’t have a full All for One, and will need to train it up to do all the stealing and trading that the original could do. Also did people forget All for One choosing not to steal Best Jeanist quirk because he didn’t think it would suit Shigaraki, I’m assuming they gave him a specific quirk combo to start.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I wonder if the doctor is walking away from this because if Shigaraki escapes with him, the doctor could presumably find a way to complete his transformation. So he's gotta go, or maybe they just say he won't have the resources to set up the lab, or the fact that Shigaraki wasn't done baking yet is a permanent thing.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Adder Moray posted:

Calling my shot:

I still believe AfO to be out of the story as a villain with a physical presence. However, if he does return as a physical opponent, Shigaraki Tomura is still Deku's endgame final challenge.

AfO?

He's for Bakugo.

This chapter only further convinces me I'm correct here. AfO doesn't even have the real AfO anymore. Deku's never had a personal reason to fight All for One. It was down to duty and legacy. And now AfO has passed on his legacy to a successor. AfO didn't even kill All Might. But Kamino ward was the first day of the rest of Bakugo's life. I guarantee that if AfO becomes an active threat again, Bakugo is going to be the one to defeat him. And almost certainly not solo, but leading a team.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shigaraki being unfinished is probably going to be the only reason anyone survives this. Like, he'll probably kill a bunch of no names, maybe steal the quirks of Endeavor and a few other top heroes, and kick the poo poo out of Deku before something backfires and he collapses from overexertion.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Lord_Magmar posted:

I’m assuming they gave him a specific quirk combo to start.

Which begs the question 'what quirks make the nastiest complimentary package with disintigration'.

I'm thinking mobility (speed, flight, teleportation), some kind of barrier or toughness quirk, maybe invisibility...

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm just going to be mad if things go back to the status quo after this where they're going to school and poo poo, like "oh no! Shigaraki is out there somewhere with All for One! well, I'm running late to eleventh grade"

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm just going to be mad if things go back to the status quo after this where they're going to school and poo poo, like "oh no! Shigaraki is out there somewhere with All for One! well, I'm running late to eleventh grade"
"There's a terrorist somewhere out there, guess we just stop sending kids to school!"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

1-A orders a pizza but the delivery man is Shigaraki.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Funky Valentine posted:

Stop giving the Doujin artists ideas

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Funky Valentine posted:

A good callback to the hideout raid.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It'll be like that DiGiorno commercial where the pizza guy joins the party but halfway through Shigaraki accidentally touches a wall and the entire dorm ceases to exist.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

It's okay. It was the half Mineta was on and Mina and Froppy weren't.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Supersonic Shine posted:

Naruto?

Char's Counterattack? (yeah they're still in robots but it counts)

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
the doctor said he was giving shiggy afo before, and that afo thinks that shiggy will have the power to take back ofa

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Supersonic Shine posted:

It's not a comic book, but that immediately brought Metal Gear Solid 4 to mind.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Naruto?

Char's Counterattack? (yeah they're still in robots but it counts)

Char's Counterattack also follows up on the original, where the heroes went from fighting in giant robots down to a fight in escape pods to a gunfight to a swordfight (which, in the later Origins version, is pretty clumsy itself).

Can't forget Gurren either on that front, where the second movie goes from robots bigger than the universe to hand to hand combat at the end.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Supersonic Shine posted:

if you want to include video games too, that basically describes the end of mgs4

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you want to include video games too, that basically describes the end of mgs4

AND the end of Sleeping Dogs.

(Except that one ends with a dude being tossed into an ice chipper)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
When is Bakugou going to realize he can temporarily make his quirk stronger by eating spicy food like curry or peppers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

AND the end of Sleeping Dogs.

(Except that one ends with a dude being tossed into an ice chipper)

Asura's Wrath and Fullmetal Alchemist both ends with them punching out God.