Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Denim of the Year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

NienNunb posted:

MOTYC: Omega/Hardy vs Le Sex Gods, AEW 5/6

Yeah agreed

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Hm: Mox/Kaz, AEW 5/6

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Cody vs. Joey Janela, AEW Dynamite 5/6

Aye Doc posted:

MOTYC: Le Sex Gods vs. Kenny Omega, Damascus, and Matt Hardy - AEW Dynamite 5/6

this was incredible. Kenny Omega has a way nicer butt than I realized, which is what really pushed it up from an HM for me

nth

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NienNunb posted:

gently caress YES

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HM for Mox/Kaz, MOTYC for Sex Gods/Broken Gamers

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I know this from 95 but heck this is the first time most people outside of Japan could watch this so

MOTYC - All Japan Pro Wrestling - Kawada/Taue/Johnny Ace vs Kobashi/Misawa Hansen - 04/02/25 Weekly Pro Wrestling Bridge of Dreams

So this is from the famous Weekly Pro Wrestling Tokyo Dome show that had all Japanese fed's (except WAR) have a match at the dome to celebrate the anniversary of Weekly Pro Wrestling (A magazine so powerful it was able to cut through all the political land mines to produce a show like this). So given that this is the first dome match for in prime Misawa/Hansen and Kawada, and not wanting to be shown up by other companies we get a killer multi man match. The video is raw and lacks audio but it's still an amazing match as everyone is healthy and in their prime and at this point All Japan was probably producing the best tags in the world

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I know this from 95 but heck this is the first time most people outside of Japan could watch this so

MOTYC - All Japan Pro Wrestling - Kawada/Taue/Johnny Ace vs Kobashi/Misawa Hansen - 04/02/25 Weekly Pro Wrestling Bridge of Dreams

So this is from the famous Weekly Pro Wrestling Tokyo Dome show that had all Japanese fed's (except WAR) have a match at the dome to celebrate the anniversary of Weekly Pro Wrestling (A magazine so powerful it was able to cut through all the political land mines to produce a show like this). So given that this is the first dome match for in prime Misawa/Hansen and Kawada, and not wanting to be shown up by other companies we get a killer multi man match. The video is raw and lacks audio but it's still an amazing match as everyone is healthy and in their prime and at this point All Japan was probably producing the best tags in the world

If I'm allowed to nth this I'm nthing this

Here's a link to the show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttH0S2s5Zww

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I Before E posted:

HM for Mox/Kaz, MOTYC for Sex Gods/Broken Gamers

This, yeah.

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Nth, this ruled

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NienNunb posted:

The loving golf cart spot was unbelievable, Nthed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Le Sex Gods vs. Kenny Omega/Matt Hardy, AEW Dynamite, 06/05

First half was an HM but once they got out onto the concourse it became amazing

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Le Sex Gods vs. Kenny Omega/Matt Hardy, AEW Dynamite, 06/05

First half was an HM but once they got out onto the concourse it became amazing

Nthing the gently caress out of this. Every aspect of it was how you do a fun chaotic street fight.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Cody vs Janela
HM: Mox vs Kaz
MOTYC: Le Sex Gods vs Matt Hardy & Kenny

From AEW Dynamite 06.05.2020. Really good show this week.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/RealHero12089/status/1258388012716691456?s=20

Links for the 2 All Japan tags I nominated

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

WMOTYC: Braun Strowman vs. Bray Wyatt - WWE Money in the Bank 5/10

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dango Bango posted:

2nd

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1259637881410326530

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

Second.

WMOTYC: Drew McIntyre (C) vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Championship - WWE Money in the Bank 5/10

They somehow managed to book a match that played to every weakness in both men's game, and every single downside of being in an empty arena match without a crowd. It's actually quite impressive in that regard.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dango Bango posted:

Jerusalem posted:

Second.

WMOTYC: Drew McIntyre (C) vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Championship - WWE Money in the Bank 5/10

They somehow managed to book a match that played to every weakness in both men's game, and every single downside of being in an empty arena match without a crowd. It's actually quite impressive in that regard.

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WMOTYC: The Money in the Bank Matches - Money in the Bank 2020

Counting it as a single match since they were simultaneous. There was some fun stuff in there but it was a disaster of an edit, there was no throughline, continuity and pacing didn't match up at all, and the fact they had a month to edit this makes it all the worse as a result. I did like both the winners, but the ending of the men's match in particular was a dog's breakfast.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I can't do my boy Otis/my girl Asuka like that

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

Counting it as a single match since they were simultaneous. There was some fun stuff in there but it was a disaster of an edit, there was no throughline, continuity and pacing didn't match up at all, and the fact they had a month to edit this makes it all the worse as a result. I did like both the winners, but the ending of the men's match in particular was a dog's breakfast.
At first I thought it was going to be a goofy match with fun spots inbetween but let's count up some of the bizarre poo poo in here.

Asuka started the match on top of a balcony. The bell rang. AFTER the bell rang, she then jumped off the balcony. She then got into an elevator. She rode it half-way up and got off. She still won the match.

Despite not actually being murdered at any point, Shayna Baszler, the woman they build up by single-handedly destroying the entire RAW women's roster wasn't involved in the final stretch of the match

Speaking of murder, Baron Corbin threw Rey Mysterio and Black off the roof. There were splat and thud noises. This is a company that had someone legitimately die from falling from a faulty stunt from the ceiling

The cameos involved: Bruce Pritchard, Johnny Ace, Stephanie & Vince McMahon, and the worst Doink cosplayer in the world. Stephanie didn't even bother to show up for her cameo, it was recorded via phone at a later date.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 11, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Added in spoiler tags to the above post.

Also Asuka riding up alone in the lift for like 5 minutes only to arrive on some random floor instead of the roof, and getting there at the same time as the other women who had all run and fought up the stairs AND at the same time as the men who came up in a different lift they only got into 30 seconds later was some terrible continuity/editing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I watched it in a discord chat with other people and laughed a lot about how dumb it was; which means that its better than most WWE matches by default because I got some enjoyment from it

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Jerusalem posted:

Jerusalem posted:

nth.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Gonna Nth all the WMOTYCs from MitB.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

Nth, I expected a comedy match but this was bad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Dango Bango posted:

Jerusalem posted:

nth

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
dave's gonna give drew vs seth 4 1/2 stars

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://streamable.com/av2v8s Can I preemptively nominate WMOTYC: Edge vs Randy Orton in a Wrestling Match - Backlash 2020 6/14

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
10/4
Pro Wrestling NOAH Global Tag League Episode 3
Kongo (Kenoh & Masa Kitamiya) vs Masaaki Mochizuki & Naomichi Marufuji

First match of the tournament that really stood out to me, would've benefited from a crowd but I live a Kick Boy wrestler as much as a block of beef and this match has 3 great kick boys and a beef lad in Kitamiya. The spot where Mochi and Kenoh exchanged kicks until they both collapsed ruled.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

WMOTY: Viking Raiders v Street Profits 2on2 Basketball pickup game, WWE Monday Night Raw, 11 May 2020

gently caress OFFFFFFFFFF

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. This poo poo was embarrassing and the fact they charged 60$ for it is insulting.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WMOTYC: Braun Strowman vs Bray Wyatt, WWE Money in the Bank 2020, 10th May

HM: Drew McIntyre vs Seth Rollins, WWE Money in the Bank 2020, 10th May

HM: Money in the Bank matches, WWE Money in the Bank 2020, 10th May

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I can't believe that Edge Randy Orton match is still going on.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Kagetsu vs. Meiko Satomura, Kagetsu Retirement Show, Feb 20 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCMjV-tIAO0

One of the best joshi matches of the year. Definitely worth your time.

HM: Hijo del Vikingo vs. Pentagon Jr., AAA Lucha Fighter 3, 5/2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBBNfskn3bU&t=4237s

Hijo does as much flippy poo poo as he can, and Pentagon's a great base here.

HM: Dr. Wagner Jr. vs. LA Park, AAA Lucha Fighter 3, 5/2 -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBBNfskn3bU&t=5260s

Fun old guy brawl. Two great stars who make their matches better than they should be through sheer presence.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
These are all HMs from the May 9 AAA Lucha Fighter show. The Penta-Psycho match was the best of the bunch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25PVP1ndAvM&t=1854s links to the Chessman match.

Chessman vs. Psycho Clown
La Hiedra vs. Lady Shani
Pentagon Jr. vs. Psycho Clown

AAA is good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Kagetsu vs. Meiko Satomura, Kagetsu Retirement Show, Feb 20

Can you confirm if this is the same match?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Kagetsu vs. Meiko Satomura - ~many face~ (2/24)

They have different dates listed but one has 4 MOTYC votes already and yours is the only one for the 2/20 date.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Those are the same match and February 24th is the correct date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
WMOTYC: Japanese Deathmatch Legend Luther vs Jimmy Havoc, AEW DARK 5/12/2020

just the drizzling shits, luther botched at least 80% of his spots and havoc did nothing to elevate it, what a wet fart of a closer to a great ep