Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cool so they're at around 1 + 219,000 = 219,001 right now. Makes total sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!
lmao the coronavirus subreddit catches any submissions involving trump or pence for manual review. the entire site is a psyop

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
It'S JuSt tHe FLu bRo

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1259571672044261378?s=20

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I still don't see how the Ahmaud Arbery talk belongs in the Covid thread. There's a dozen other threads in this subforum alone that are a much better place for constructive discussion regarding the murder.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zotix posted:

I still don't see how the Ahmaud Arbery talk belongs in the Covid thread. There's a dozen other threads in this subforum alone that are a much better place for constructive discussion regarding the murder.

Ever since the move to monthly covid threads people have been mixing it up with the Trump thread.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Zotix posted:

the posting class is seizing the topics of discussion, comrade

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1259598334010036224

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

lmao the coronavirus subreddit catches any submissions involving trump or pence for manual review. the entire site is a psyop

Early on before it was known to be a coronavirus or COVID19 r/China flu was actually really good for news and information. Then it became known as a coronavirus and r/coronavirus took off but even then there was a lot of talk of lovely things going on in r/coronavirus. Then trump did his whole racism thing with China and that really made r/Chinaflu a no-go.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Zotix posted:

Then don't read those posts.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zotix posted:

He had the roni OP

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So the aerospace company I work for created a Coronavirus news slack channel but had to shut it down since all the boomers were posting conspiracy theory articles from Infowars.

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Zotix posted:

Early on before it was known to be a coronavirus or COVID19 r/China flu was actually really good for news and information. Then it became known as a coronavirus and r/coronavirus took off but even then there was a lot of talk of lovely things going on in r/coronavirus. Then trump did his whole racism thing with China and that really made r/Chinaflu a no-go.

They all share the same moderation clique, probably based at elgin AFB

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Grimace posted:

Oh good

My coworker has to self isolate for 14 days because she attended AA with someone who had COVID, four days ago.

How do I get off this train we on?

This is the kind of thing people are worried will happen here as the number of people allowed to gather increases and the requirement that they be from the same pod/bubble is lifted.

Something like AA where you have some people attending multiple meetings per week across several different locations is a cluster waiting to happen, especially if the meetings are taking no social distancing/infection control measures.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

apatheticman posted:

Then don't read those posts.

No. Post in the correct thread for the topic at hand.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Zotix posted:

no

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

etalian posted:

Boomers blocked any attempts at reform even simple things like removing the max tax cap (Social Security only gets taxed up to AGI ~106k lol)

that was obama and the dems he rode in on.

euphronius posted:

Medicare too iirc

actually, the aca included a medicare surcharge for richies. So obama's 50-50 on the topic.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

facetoucher cat posted:

what are these car insurance companies getting out of this "we're giving you 20% back for not driving during the pandemic!" crap? What's the angle? No company does anything out of the goodness of their heart especially an insurance company

By lowering your rate, you can afford to not cancel your policy, meaning they keep your business.

Also I'm pretty sure that lying about your coverage qualifiers is grounds for them to dick over any payouts, so a lot of people are going to get nailed by not calling to re-raise the travel distances after they clear their local roni lockdown and resume driving.

Then they get a rate hike for lying the next time they renew, and that info will follow people around, I'm sure.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/1259635624786739202

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Zotix posted:

It is a correct topic, society has the covid-19 and its been on a ventilator for decades.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

increasingly quarantined

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

that was obama and the dems he rode in on.

This doesn't conflict with the stated "boomers"? :confused:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mistle posted:

By lowering your rate, you can afford to not cancel your policy, meaning they keep your business.

Also I'm pretty sure that lying about your coverage qualifiers is grounds for them to dick over any payouts, so a lot of people are going to get nailed by not calling to re-raise the travel distances after they clear their local roni lockdown and resume driving.

Then they get a rate hike for lying the next time they renew, and that info will follow people around, I'm sure.

Gotcha. Much appreciated!

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1259622046524416000

I thought this test poo poo out false negatives and rarely gave false positives so that second dude definitely got the roni

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Everything and everyone at every level is so loving dumb. How the gently caress was Australia spared from this?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Zotix posted:

Stop content policing the cspam chat threads

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

etalian posted:

Also for states like Florida the for profit retirement home industry was able lobby away any legislative oversight helped by the Chud Florida state government.

lmao, CA, IL & NY all passed nursing-home immunity over covid in the last month.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao, CA, IL & NY all passed nursing-home immunity over covid in the last month.
Herd immunity (from lawsuits)

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1259622046524416000

I thought this test poo poo out false negatives and rarely gave false positives so that second dude definitely got the roni

You are correct, the test is very sensitive but not that specific, 30% of negatives are false negatives, there are almost no false positives. Dude def got it

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

finally all that college unit conversion work is paying off

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I worked a computer toucher job back in the early '00 when it was a "cool" thing to have donuts, bagels, and a ping pong table. We had a terror of an office manager lady who would flip poo poo over this one lady who didn't want to waste food but still wanted a donut so she would cut one carefully in half and put the other half back, I saw this lady do this and it was very clean (she'd even wash her hands first). The office manager would email anytime she'd see this atrocity of the "half donut" that would of course be eaten by the end of the day. Throughout my time there her emails became more unhinged because more people would take half a donut and started to slice bagels with the bagel slicer and leave just half so when she'd check on them at 10am-ish they'd be a few so inc ragey email, they'd be gone by the end of the day without fail because FREE FOOD! When I see people that are such rule followers about things that really have no impact on their lives I think about her and her bleached blond hair stripe

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Just gently caress me up fam.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mr Hootington posted:

Kim Reynolds was exposed. I hope she has it. Open it up kim

frankly better: Grassley, Earnst, and the CEOs of Tyson and Smithfield were there too

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/1259639678166278144

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

how could all these people travelling the country and refusing to distance or wear masks while having all kinds of in-person group meetings be catching a virus? Makes no sense.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

spaceblancmange posted:

Everything and everyone at every level is so loving dumb. How the gently caress was Australia spared from this?

Dumb luck, considering that we had two major fuckups at the beginning which are still having ongoing impact.

If the way people are ignoring current restrictions following a couple being lifted is any indication of what's to come, we're in for a shocker of a second wave.

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

soo
alert level = 4 + 219,183 = 219,187
nice system

realgoodcovidtracker.com

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/aawayne/status/1259643021408243715?s=20

can't wait for a sick Trump to give a press conference about how we need to reopen. his answers somehow become more incoherent as his blood oxygen level drops to dangerous levels.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

spaceblancmange posted:

Seems to be

a) copy over NZ's shoulder
b) get lucky
c) leadership so embattled over the loving mess of the fire season they had to listen to experts

But don't worry! They're using this time to air dirty laundry and further gently caress over workers.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/aawayne/status/1259643021408243715?s=20

can't wait for a sick Trump to give a press conference about how we need to reopen. his answers somehow become more incoherent as his blood oxygen level drops to dangerous levels.

Nothing a little extra sudafed can't buff out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/HongKongFP/status/1259380672197615621?s=20