Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/aawayne/status/1259643021408243715?s=20

can't wait for a sick Trump to give a press conference about how we need to reopen. his answers somehow become more incoherent as his blood oxygen level drops to dangerous levels.

How is that different from any other press conference he had given in the last 4 years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1259645870623961088

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
covid-19, much like racism, wouldn't be a problem if we'd just stop talking about it, and stop testing for it. It was such a huge mistake to start testing! As soon as we did that, our case number went up! Sad!

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Trump succumbing to Roni, and then 10 million chuds descending on Washington for his state funeral and getting infected themselves while holding "OBAMA KILLED ARE PRESIDENT" signs

It's the perfect ending

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1259515369439584256

Isnt the whole 8 million tests kind of underwhelming when you consider the ammount of people in the US?

We've done 28,533 per million.

A comparison

South Korea 12,949
Sweden 14,704
Netherlands 14,857
France 21,213
UK 26,829
Germany 32,891
Russia 37,335
Italy 42,439
Belgium 48,846
Portugal 50,767
Spain 52,781
UAE 121,330
Iceland 158,816

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

The Glumslinger posted:

How is that different from any other press conference he had given in the last 4 years?

he's blue instead of orange

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!
trump is going to come into a press conference with oxygen and a wheelchair and before speaking will jump out of his seat pretending he was ill like willy wonka

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

mystes posted:

Cool so they're at around 1 + 219,000 = 219,001 right now. Makes total sense.

yeah 1 new case is weighted the same as a 100% increase in transmission. great equation

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

facetoucher cat posted:

what are these car insurance companies getting out of this "we're giving you 20% back for not driving during the pandemic!" crap? What's the angle? No company does anything out of the goodness of their heart especially an insurance company

Serious answer is that they most likely realize that a ton of people who lose their jobs or get furloughed are going to say gently caress the consequences and just cancel their policies. These cuts don't even amount to a free month, so that's kind of a small price if they get people to keep their policies and keep paying

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

So you're saying we were doing things right 3 weeks ago and might have had it under control if we had kept it up for another month or 2.

Instead, we decided to open things back up and new cases are up, which means deaths will follow in a few weeks

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

GATES FOUNDATION posted:

lmao the coronavirus subreddit catches any submissions involving trump or pence for manual review. the entire site is a psyop

they had the cool millenial "virology student" lady that mods it on PBS news hour which is the op-iest of psy-op bellweathers

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

love it when i'm at the point where i make the same obvious joke as everyone else, and just don't care anymore

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

covid is in the senate and in the wh :getin:

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Marzzle posted:

they had the cool millenial "virology student" lady that mods it on PBS news hour which is the op-iest of psy-op bellweathers

wow, do you have a link to that segment

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

So you're saying we were doing things right 3 weeks ago and might have had it under control if we had kept it up for another month or 2.

Instead, we decided to open things back up and new cases are up, which means deaths will follow in a few weeks

We'll find out 5 - 14 days from now!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Atrocious Joe posted:

can't wait for a sick Trump to give a press conference about how we need to reopen. his answers somehow become more coherent as his blood oxygen level drops to dangerous levels.

ftfy because let's face it there's a solid possibility he becomes more understandable the less oxygen there is in his smooth brain

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/BrianMteleSUR/status/1259577233859137536?s=20

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDUY91jrx4

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://twitter.com/nick__puckett/status/1259541624389955584

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

covid is in the senate and in the wh :getin:

Maybe they'll take this seriously now!

haha jk...

They'll treat it like every other revolving door they've installed in the whitehouse

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

The Glumslinger posted:

no it's just typical weekend reporting bullshit

new york reported 41 deaths today vs. 180 yesterday, its just not accurate

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/Kane__Stanley/status/1259218563673423873

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

I just want people to not be stupid for a little while

just a little while COME ON

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the most:decorum: people I know irl have told me they hope trump gets covid

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
USA under 1k deaths its over baby! Parading time! :toot:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

increasingly quarantined

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

like for real I don't want anyone to die or get sick no matter how horrible they are and I hate that so many people are literally too dumb to stay alive

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

2DCAT posted:

USA under 1k deaths its over baby! Parading time! :toot:

just wait till you see how low that number gets when more states stop reporting their deaths!

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

Cardboard is good to like 600 degrees and it takes less than 200 for sanitizing.

This is dozens of pages back, but why the gently caress am I using parchment paper instead of cardboard for my pizzas?!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Norton the First posted:

This is dozens of pages back, but why the gently caress am I using parchment paper instead of cardboard for my pizzas?!

Because you have a smooth brain

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

seems mike having a insulator under your dough would
be bad

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Charun posted:

thanks!

it's a low effort site, but it still feels good building something

again, if anyone wants to write something on it, or has suggestions what I can add/change just let me know.

someone suggested global deaths versus gokus power level throughout dragon ball and that'd make a funny graph

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Norton the First posted:

To bake? Parchment gives closer contact to the stone/sheet/whatever.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Charun posted:

thanks!

it's a low effort site, but it still feels good building something

again, if anyone wants to write something on it, or has suggestions what I can add/change just let me know.

deaths/positives/negatives by time for dem vs chud governors

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

nooneofconsequence posted:

To bake? Parchment gives closer contact to the stone/sheet/whatever.

also the grease factor

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Atrocious Joe posted:

can't wait for a sick Trump to give a press conference about how we need to reopen. his answers somehow become more incoherent as his blood oxygen level drops to dangerous levels.

And then his approval rating sores above 110% the media claims Trump is so beautiful he is like God he wins the election in a landslide we open up white people start licking each other's palms in hopes to be as light infused as his holiness millions of people die, nobody cares and if you do care, you're given a letter c to wear on your chest and are mocked relentlessly

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

shovelbum posted:

deaths/positives/negatives by time for dem vs chud governors

adding these suggestions to a list, btw.

probably not getting to them tonight, but I definitely want to add some balkanization filters and more lovely comparisons. like, distances if you stack each body end to end. that said, don't want to have any expectations anything will actually happen

also got it hooked up to update the numbers automatically. anyone curious about poo poo posting with tableau, feel free to reach out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

facetoucher cat posted:

I worked a computer toucher job back in the early '00 when it was a "cool" thing to have donuts, bagels, and a ping pong table. We had a terror of an office manager lady who would flip poo poo over this one lady who didn't want to waste food but still wanted a donut so she would cut one carefully in half and put the other half back, I saw this lady do this and it was very clean (she'd even wash her hands first). The office manager would email anytime she'd see this atrocity of the "half donut" that would of course be eaten by the end of the day. Throughout my time there her emails became more unhinged because more people would take half a donut and started to slice bagels with the bagel slicer and leave just half so when she'd check on them at 10am-ish they'd be a few so inc ragey email, they'd be gone by the end of the day without fail because FREE FOOD! When I see people that are such rule followers about things that really have no impact on their lives I think about her and her bleached blond hair stripe

half donut lady is crazy, just take the whole donut and eat it later

I’d never* take a half donut from an office tray, that’s just weird

Edit: “never” as in pre-pandemic never, who knows if we start starving tomorrow