Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I have no idea what this post is supposed to mean.

It's a joke about a super famous actor and pretending like he's only ever been in one role.

Bill Cosby -" can't believe that guy only ever did a fat Albert cartoon, he should have done a sitcom"

Arnie - "can't believe that guy only did a Conan movie. He would have been awesome in action movies"

This has been my TED talk on jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Benny Harvey posted:

It was a lazy comedy trope. Like that whole era of the Simpsons.

It's also because they stopped letting subtle jokes just land and instead have to put a giant sign pointing at the joke they just made.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 8, 2020

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 9, 2020

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not today meme thread. Not today.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Yessssss

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

More Shutton posting please.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Imagined posted:

I actually didn't recognize the Ray Jay Johnson reference on the show. Only recently did I look it up on YouTube, and I think Krusty was generous saying it was funny for a few seconds. How was that somebody's catchphrase?? In the clip I watched, the audience is howling with laughter from the instant they recognize that the guy is about to do the line. In that sense the "I didn't do it" gag is completely accurate.

That would happen every once in a while. There'd be a commercial or skit character or something that stood out, and since it was on network TV back then, odds are it didn't offend anyone, so you'd have something the whole country would talk about. It's also how we got the Ernest movies. That character started as a series of commercials that went viral in the pre-internet age.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Trust me, I know. My mom still calls me "Beef" to this day because of the stupid "Where's the beef?" commerical that was out when I was a kid, and I was the oldest and by far the tallest and beefiest of my siblings. ("Beef" rhymes with my name)

Imagined fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 10, 2020

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Imagined posted:

Trust me, I know. My mom still calls me "Beef" to this day because of the stupid "Where's the beef?" commerical that was out when I was a kid, and I was the oldest and by far the tallest and beefiest of my siblings. ("Beef" rhymes with my name)

Your mom named you Teef? That’s too freakin’ bad.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Imagined posted:

Hi Steve.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Imagined posted:

("Beef" rhymes with my name)

I'm presuming your name is Jeef, which is short for Jeefen or perhaps Jeeferson

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Your mom is awesome Zangief

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I loved your dad in Backdraft mr. Sutherland

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

You can call him Beef, or you can call him Jeef. Just don't call him Zangief...

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

No, my son is also named Jeef.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

I loved your dad in Backdraft mr. Sutherland

Kief, his older brothers Kiefer and Kiefest

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
Sneef’s Feef and Seef

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
God drat even the derails here are delightful and :dudsmile:

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bde calling your child queef

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
We're gonna run out of queef license plates in the giftshop at this rate.

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth
I saw on reddit today that the SA forums are dead and don't produce content any more. I hope they don't hear about this thread because it's the funniest thing on the internet.

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
It always bothers me that ppl thinks modern simpsons aren't funny. I mean, the producers made tons of episodes, so it's not easy trying to think of new & creative jokes. Plus, I like to think that it has some emotional moments like Homer & Marge dancing at the end of, "I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can", episode

I love the part when they attacked Homer for running out of breakfast burritos! So funny! I also love the part when the crew were rescuing Homer and fighting the ppl with movie props!

youtube comments on modern simpsons clips are a trip

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
They’re not booing, they’re saying boo-eef.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

biznatchio posted:

We're gonna run out of queef license plates in the giftshop at this rate.

My son is also named queef

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

drat horror queefs posted:

My son is also named queef

Some ancient native cultures used to name their children after the first sound they heard after birth. Nice to see someone continuing the old traditions.

Unrelated, please forgive the spelling error

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigDave posted:

Frank Nelson was probably the first modern meme.

He was everywhere with his schtick, even the Flintstones. https://youtu.be/f40vwM5LyxA

"Who are you?" which the Caterpillar keeps snapping at Alice in "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland," was actually a meme in Oxford when Lewis Carroll first came up with the story; it was a thing that Oxford students liked to yell at people, especially in pubs.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

CzarChasm posted:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Holy poo poo the Rainer Wolfcastle poster in the background spells the title McBane. Canonically it is “McBain”: https://frinkiac.com/img/S02E12/76511.jpg

Really hope someone...

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Holy poo poo the Rainer Wolfcastle poster in the background spells the title McBane. Canonically it is “McBain”: https://frinkiac.com/img/S02E12/76511.jpg

Really hope someone...

:aaaaa: how deep does it go

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

Some ancient native cultures used to name their children after the first sound they heard after birth. Nice to see someone continuing the old traditions.

Wholesome

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Really hope someone...

Wow, and I always used to think it was spelled “McBein”

:tinfoil:

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Apollodorus posted:

Wow, and I always used to think it was spelled “McBein”

:tinfoil:

Even when it was the bears, I knew it was "ain"?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Did anyone in interviews ever say why they made the President in the Movie literally Arnold Schwarzenegger and not Rainier Wolfcastle? That just seemed real dumb to me.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

GigaPeon posted:

Did anyone in interviews ever say why they made the President in the Movie literally Arnold Schwarzenegger and not Rainier Wolfcastle? That just seemed real dumb to me.

Say the line!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holttho
May 21, 2007

Because one dummy in a test-screener said, "wait, who is Rainier Wolfcastle? Where did we meet him?"

Rainier Wolfcastle does appear in the Simpsons Movie; in the background of an angry crowd.