Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Grandicap posted:

I was hoping to use it as a player too. Knowing where the votes are to see momentum while casing would be helpful. The mod stuff too.

Got it. I kind of backburnered historical vote counts for a while because currently votefinder doesnt store enough data to make it possible (changing this is on the agenda for the future), but historical post counts i can certainly look at (hopefully soon).

alli again fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

xopods posted:

This exchange seems weird and artificial.

##vote Toalpaz but would also vote Max.

We talked privately, there isn’t much else to say about it here.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

xopods posted:

This exchange seems weird and artificial.

##vote Toalpaz but would also vote Max.
Great drive-by vote.

##vote xopods

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This thread is the longest day 1 of mafia ever.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

xopods posted:

Taps fingernails Well, just eff-why-eye, there are now 16 people in the Karens Discord channel waiting for you to show up so we can start. Checks phone. But don't worry, we'll wait. Sighs, glances at the clock.

start of voicemail, static in the background, clearly driving, talking on the phone, and not using hands free Hi this is for Jopid the so called moderator of the Karen mafia game. I joined the discord twenty-six minutes ago and the game still has not started yet. If the game doesn’t start soon, my cousin, the highly famed mafia player sound of paper crumpling, car horns Harold Krell WILL go directly to your supervisor and WILL ruin you your life.

Thanks!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I have a small rules light game if people are interested in playing a short, sweet, and simple mafia.

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Humalong posted:

This thread is the longest day 1 of mafia ever.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
The clusterfuck perfection created by Yami/myself is now available for sign-ups:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3922476&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post504656530

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Retro Futurist posted:

Tiger King Mafia has ended in a Mafia and 3p victory

Now please join me for King Tiger Mafia

This is still here

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

We need a replacement in Good Place mafia. B-minus has taken one spot but we still have one more.

Either PM me here or join the discord channel and message me!

https://discord.gg/NUnMNh

Kloaked00 fucked around with this message at 14:52 on May 7, 2020

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

How many days in are you?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Day 2. We were able to find replacements but I will keep you in mind should we need another!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

goodness no, i would not want to replace in later than d2

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Keane taught me the best replacement strategy.

“Hello, I have replaced another player. I have not and will not read the game before now. Someone please summarize.”

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The anniversary of what I consider my first REAL forums mafia game was like a week and a half ago. Mafia: C9 for New Players created on April 26th, 2011, run by Amnistar.

I've been playing this game on this stupid dead forum for 9 years, next year it will be a decade. I've known some of you digitally for a decade.

What a time to be alive :v:

Also that game was what got me hooked cause I found scum D1. What a terrible, hubris inducing way for me to start. Says a lot :v:

My previous game before that was Fringe Mafia run by my friend This Post Sucks (who I actually met through Forums Stalker in like 2005 if anyone was around at that time and remembers that) but I didn't understand it and basically didn't play. Also says a lot :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Glad we got to meed you, Quid. You're a cool dude who I can never read.

MrThingyman
Mar 8, 2014
Hi guys

Max' Championship game starts this Monday :)

Game 4 - May 11 (36/12 phases, 9 PM EDT EOD)
Arete (Throne of Lies)
BirPhup (GreyWolf Lions Den)
Carlos/JohnCarter (Neoseeker - Interactive Role-Playing)
CoolPanda (Rabbit Doubt Gaming)
Drew-Sta (Firkinmafia)
evaaaa (Mafia42)
Exile (Stickpage)
Haze with a Z (Online Go Forum)
Lollipopz (SG Werewolves)
Macros (malazan) (Malazan Empire)
orangeandblack5 (Liars Club Online)
Random Task (RedCafe)
SAMax (Something Awful)
squire12 (Football's Future)
TvK (Mario Kart MB)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big server on Discord (1,000+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/CwDKmjQ

2) Upon joining the server, please inform us of who you are and which community you are from. We will then give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Mafia Championship Podcast
For the first time ever, there will be a Mafia Championship podcast.

The first episode goes live on Twitch at Sunday 4 PM Eastern. It will feature 4 former winners.

It will go live here, if you are interested: https://www.twitch.tv/mrthingyman/

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/25499-Season-7-General-Information

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes a list of the 165 participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Discord is Thingyman#6075

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

shoutout liars club online

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

they better have a gimmick where every post is a video because what's the point otherwise

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gonna see how "what happens when I do this" pans out on another community.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Holy poo poo RedCafe is sending someone?! oh maaan I gotta tell the dudes in TRP about this

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Max posted:

:unsmigghh:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'm amazed Neoseeker apparently still exists

Now there's a dead forum that I haven't thought about for like a decade or so.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
I've only ever heard of SA. The others are completely unknown to me.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Another scenario, thanks everyone on your help so far:

Person A tries to perform an action on Person B but is blocked. Person C is watching person A. Does person C see that A visited B or what?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Drunk Nerds posted:

Person A tries to perform an action on Person B but is blocked. Person C is watching person A. Does person C see that A visited B or what?

No

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Drunk Nerds posted:

You're once again confusing Watcher and Tracker! Watcher sees who visits that person, Tracker sees who that person visits.

A Watcher (C1) who watches Townie PR (A) would see them being visited by Scumbo Roleblocker (D), which kept A from visiting Other Player (B).

A Tracker (C2) would see that Townie PR (A) went nowhere, because they were blocked by Scumbo (D).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If C is tracking A, A attempts an action on B, and D “blocks” B, it depends on the block.

If D straight roleblocks B, A can still do actions on them and would be tracked to B. If D jails B, then potentially it would cause A’s action to fail (some people do jailer as all actions fail, some do a doc/rb hybrid).

Tbh I would still let C see A visit B even if the action failed, with the exception of something like a hider where B is effectively removed from play that night. That’s the kind of thing that’s mod dependant though.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Monathin posted:

You're once again confusing Watcher and Tracker! Watcher sees who visits that person, Tracker sees who that person visits.

A Watcher (C1) who watches Townie PR (A) would see them being visited by Scumbo Roleblocker (D), which kept A from visiting Other Player (B).

A Tracker (C2) would see that Townie PR (A) went nowhere, because they were blocked by Scumbo (D).

Ah you're right sorry.

A is tracking B, B tries to do an action on C but is blocked. Does A see B visiting C or B visiting no one?

alli again
Jan 7, 2020

Oh, big yawn!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Ah you're right sorry.

A is tracking B, B tries to do an action on C but is blocked. Does A see B visiting C or B visiting no one?

I would mod it as "visits nobody" but like RF says it's up to mod discretion

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the greatest mafia minds the in world, catfished with a picture of jennifer lawrence

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Don't know if I already mentioned it, but if anyone wants to check out my non-discord setup, it's mildville.com

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Drunk Nerds posted:

Don't know if I already mentioned it, but if anyone wants to check out my non-discord setup, it's mildville.com

What is happening on this website

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

What is happening on this website

mafia magic

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm feelin that itch

To yell at folks for no good reason

Any games recruiting?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Max posted:

I hope this goes every bit as gloriously as it sounds

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Chic Trombone posted:

I'm feelin that itch

To yell at folks for no good reason

Any games recruiting?

There are multiple games recruiting, yep!

Dark Souls: Prepare to Lie (almost full!)

Wealth of Empires Mafia

When Mods Collide

Also FYI, Votefinder now tracks still-recruiting games much better - check it out!

textbookOrigins
May 29, 2013

This will end well.

I miss mafia but I cannot ever commit to ten posts a day. I will continue to watch you all creepily. (Thank you for some of the best entertainment out there! :3:)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

textbookOrigins posted:

I miss mafia but I cannot ever commit to ten posts a day. I will continue to watch you all creepily. (Thank you for some of the best entertainment out there! :3:)

Just word vomit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Just word vomit

samafia.txt