Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

... the diagram is not wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

NtotheTC posted:

Is it a common thing for people to say they "fired" their therapist/hairdresser/barista when all they did was stop seeing them?

"YOU'RE ALL FIRED" I yell at amazon.com as I cancel my Prime subscription

It gives the self impression people have some measure of control over their little lives

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

Is it a common thing for people to say they "fired" their therapist/hairdresser/barista when all they did was stop seeing them?

I usually just 'ghost' them. But I can't say I've ever met the need to use the vernacular "fired".

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

And it's not even in the woods!<:mad:>

Bears poo poo wherever they want, who's gonna tell them not to?

BiggerBoat posted:

I wondered when that was coming and thanks for the lock down before I could contribute to the derail. I don't have a funny picture so risking a probe but...

Is there a general therapy thread somewhere in the forums that might be at least semi serious? Not GBS but maybe in E/N or in You Look Like poo poo? I can't find one that deals specifically with this topic and it's obviously worth discussing.

There is a mental health thread in c-spam - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881799

e:

NtotheTC posted:

Your job is a contract between you and your employer that you will come to work at a certain time for a certain duration and they will pay you for it.

Shifty Nipples has a new favorite as of 02:17 on May 11, 2020

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Pick posted:

... the diagram is not wrong

In the sense that parents and teachers are often at loggerheads over the student.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 03:24 on May 11, 2020

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nice, I love Scarfolk.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

incredibly accurate

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

One of those jokes you might miss if it's not timg'd.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Just rubbing one out and posting about it.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

trapped mouse posted:

One of those jokes you might miss if it's not timg'd.

Well drat I missed it and it still took me 30 secs looking at it to see it

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

country mice make do

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Charcuterie is one of those words where when someone uses it you immediately know they're annoying as gently caress to hang around

Basically real life Jordan schlanskys

I've been carrying this around for years now thanks for listening great therapy session 2 thumbs up

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Son of Rodney posted:

Charcuterie is one of those words where when someone uses it you immediately know they're annoying as gently caress to hang around

I've been carrying this around for years now thanks for listening great therapy session 2 thumbs up

Do posters on these fine forums like anything

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Son of Rodney posted:

You're the other guy in the pic, aren't you?

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Piss Meridian posted:

Do posters on these fine forums like anything
Did you misread the name of the place for “Something Awesome”

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Foglet posted:

Did you misread the name of the place for “Something Awesome”

Yes.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Son of Rodney posted:

I don’t know who Jordan Schlansky is but I love charcuterie.

Sometimes I spend way too much money at a restaurant for them to put a bunch of poo poo on a cutting board.

But sometimes - they actually did pick out nice cheeses and meats that do go together with some kind of seasonal jam and mustard and home made bread.

And sometimes when I buy a bunch of random meats and cheeses from the deli and throw em on a cutting board myself - it turns out really nice.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

As opposed to you, who sounds like a blast to be around

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!

LifeSunDeath posted:

One of the ones I fired, he would always be late to start sessions. So one day I got fed up and spent the entire time going off on him and needling him about why his issues were causing him to be habitually late. It was cathartic.

haha nice

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

As opposed to you, who sounds like a blast to be around

Yes

E: I didn't want to derail the thread with my pet peeve about people using the word Charcuterie so as a peace offering here's a visual representation of my expression when I read the term

Son of Rodney has a new favorite as of 13:13 on May 11, 2020

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I have vague memories of this book, we probably had it when I was growing up in the late 70s.

We definitely had this book from the same series:

Life was boring and sucky before the internet, look at the poo poo we had to put up with!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I have vague memories of this book, we probably had it when I was growing up in the late 70s.

We definitely had this book from the same series:

Life was boring and sucky before the internet, look at the poo poo we had to put up with!

Did it include the incantations to call a fallen soul to fill that devil clown?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ain't called Pinterest for nothing.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
RIP Jerry Stiller. No idea how anyone kept from breaking when he or Estelle Harris were in a scene.

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=L2LdHH0hmHY

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Car trips. Long car trips with no internet or GPS... even the Gameboy being invented was God-given relief...

:negative:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

Yes

E: I didn't want to derail the thread with my pet peeve about people using the word Charcuterie so as a peace offering here's a visual representation of my expression when I read the term

But, that's what it's called. It's called charcuterie. What would you rather them say?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

But, that's what it's called. It's called charcuterie. What would you rather them say?

Well la-dee-da Mr. Frenchman, it's called a meat n' cheese-hold.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

a food pile
/

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I think before the word charcuterie became popular we just called them platters--snack platters, hors d'oeuvre platters, etc. Obviously not the thing in the picture, though--that might be called, like, "my incredible edible head" or something.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Charcuterie is the culinary term for curing meats like salami and coppa, which are the types of things put on a charcuterie board. Food pile is good though, I like that.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Meat n' Cheese Board.

But enough about our posting

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Just Offscreen posted:

Meat n' Cheese Board.

But enough about our posting

Posting? Heh, just call it "internet type say" like a normal person

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Son of Rodney posted:

a food pile
/

beaten

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nothing fancy or pretentious about "charcuterie". Now, "deconstructed nachos" on the other hand...

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Lobok posted:

Nothing fancy or pretentious about "charcuterie". Now, "deconstructed nachos" on the other hand...

Ah, you mean chips n dip? Yeah gently caress those guys. I like my nachos as god intended, served lukewarm from a Cinema vending machine

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Charcuterie is boss because it's a fancy sounding word for something awesome, cured meats and cheese. The real bullshit is crudités, which sounds fancy but is just raw vegetables and dip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Charcuterie is boss because it's a fancy sounding word for something awesome, cured meats and cheese. The real bullshit is crudités, which sounds fancy but is just raw vegetables and dip.

Ahem, "relish tray"