Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Can I legitimately go and see my parents if they hire me as a cleaner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

If jeremy corbyn was leader of the opposition he would have killed and eaten boris johnson on the floor of parliament by now.

I think Corbyn might be loving it just as bad as Starmer if he were still the Shadow Prince. Or at least, that the British public has been conclusively proven to be loving morons who don't want good things

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so journalists have finally figured it out

https://twitter.com/krishgm/status/1259603466349150212?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Failed Imagineer posted:

I think Corbyn might be loving it just as bad as Starmer if he were still the Shadow Prince. Or at least, that the British public has been conclusively proven to be loving morons who don't want good things

If Corbyn were PM and had been 1000x BETTER than Johnson there'd have been a military coup by now. Corbyn's comments on the ongoing situation are so much better than Starmer's.

VVVV exactly

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Failed Imagineer posted:

???

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jfc lmao

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1259778508269780999?s=20

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Failed Imagineer posted:

Or at least, that the British public has been conclusively proven to be loving morons who don't want good things

it's this

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

And then he would say that at PMQs, get monstered by all the media for Talking Britane Down and doing an ableism against a COVID survivor hero, and LAB would drop another 5 points

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Impressive level of being amazingly wrong at all points in time.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

And then he would say that at PMQs, get monstered by all the media for Talking Britane Down and doing an ableism against a COVID survivor hero, and LAB would drop another 5 points

it's true

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You're well on the way to starmering with that attitude.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Failed Imagineer posted:

Showing once more his support for terrorism by surrendering to the terror virus Covid-19.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

blunt posted:

Scotland's got a new slogan.

This is not a photoshop.

better stay alert so we can figure out what she's trying to communicate

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

You're well on the way to starmering with that attitude.

not really, you say what's right no matter how our idiot press and country react, Corbs is doing that

I don't think Failed Imagineer is saying that Corbyn is wrong to say the right things because then the wrong things are said about him. I think he's bitterly denouncing the state of our sorry society, rightly

VVVVV laffo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol apparently sky news was blaming corbyn for the lockdown not happening earlier last night

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's being very forensic and giving the tories enough rope to hang us all.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Guavanaut posted:

He's being very forensic and giving the tories enough rope to hang us all.

there's some proper brokebrains in the comments there

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Barry Foster posted:

not really, you say what's right no matter how our idiot press and country react, Corbs is doing that

I don't think Failed Imagineer is saying that Corbyn is wrong to say the right things because then the wrong things are said about him. I think he's bitterly denouncing the state of our sorry society, rightly

VVVVV laffo

Yeah this.

I mean I could have phrased that better, I obviously think it's morally better to have principles and get crucified for them, than to be a political jellyfish. I just don't think the end result would have been much better. I also understand this is not new information to anyone here, sometimes you just gotta lol

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Aidan_702 posted:

better stay alert so we can figure out what she's trying to communicate

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Leaked report chat:

https://twitter.com/novaramedia/status/1259815517247979521?s=20

Spaffer is vile chat:

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2013/554.html

quote:

Item 40:

"It could be, but there is an additional element to this, which is the charge against [the father] which has been levelled in relation to this case and previously, which is of recklessness. Self-evidently it is possible to have an extra marital affair and ensure that there is not a child. Extreme recklessness of this type was already on [the father's] record, as we all know. There was a previous affair which resulted in the lady concerned having an abortion. That caused him great personal and professional discomfort, and this story appeared to suggest that history in his case was repeating itself, which made explaining the child's part in the story and indeed demonstrating that the child looked an awful lot like [the father] very important."

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 11, 2020

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
I for one welcome our new robot dog overlords.

Robot dog enforces social distancing.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I heard that old Jermany Corbans man met the virus and laid a wreath at a virus grave and wants to negotiate with the virus and had an affair with the virus :mad:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/pressgazette/status/1259800997981020161?s=20

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think that Starmer seems very much out of his depth here, and seems to be flailing around.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
When I was watching BoJo's speech last night, I could have sworn that he used the phrase "from tomorrow" when talking about people being actively encouraged to go back to work if they could.

Yet when I look at the transcripts, and the video that is on gov.uk, that isn't there at all.

Am I going mad?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Josef bugman posted:

I think that Starmer seems very much out of his depth here, and seems to be flailing around.

That's quite charitable of you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

I'm not sure it's got much to do with depth and more just that's what he's like, the world's biggest wet fart, a man who has done nothing but stamp things through his entire life.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

He's being advised by the people behind such political genius as the ed stone and controls on immigration mug

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Private Speech posted:

there's some proper brokebrains in the comments there

it was the same pattern for the one about not backing a union advising its members not to attend an unsafe workplace

he's very cleverly not falling into the elephant trap of saying something definite because then no one can disagree with him or hold him accountable for saying something!

this will definitely work and not lead to everyone apart from his actual fanbois and some decorum brained liberals assuming he meant the thing that pisses them off the most, and also hating him for being a mealy mouthed floppy haired equivocator

like it's obvious he's been told that under absolutely no circumstances should he say out loud that he would back an extension, even though the rest of his answer (let alone his previous positions) makes it very clear that the answer is "yes, if I was prime minister I would ask for an extension, and when it gets to December and we don't have a deal I will support an extension". the only thing he's not doing is using the actual words

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

loving amazing.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I think I understand it. It's wanting to not commit to knowing or feeling anything out of fear. You don't want to look like a bad person, or you think you don't have the knowledge and do not wish to appear as a fool, so you equivocate.

The problem is it doesn't work. I am not sure what does work, but it always seems to make folks look ineffectual.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

MonkeyLibFront posted:

I for one welcome our new robot dog overlords.

Robot dog enforces social distancing.

Ah the good old Boston Dynamics dog, nice to see this particular bit of US DoD pork barrel showing up in the wild.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Saros posted:

Ah the good old Boston Dynamics dog, nice to see this particular bit of US DoD pork barrel showing up in the wild.

Isn't it owned by Softbank (and google before that)? Doesn't seem like the best pork barrel tbh.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

I think I understand it. It's wanting to not commit to knowing or feeling anything out of fear. You don't want to look like a bad person, or you think you don't have the knowledge and do not wish to appear as a fool, so you equivocate.

The problem is it doesn't work. I am not sure what does work, but it always seems to make folks look ineffectual.

If someone does not give you anything to work with, you fall back on your existing bias towards them, prejudicial or earned. Unless you're the sort of madman who implicitly trusts and likes politicians that probably means you're going to assume the worst, and generally rightly so.

You might sympathise with a friend's indecisiveness but you would not accept it from someone you have a hostile relationship with.

Or maybe you would because you're a nicer person than me but I certainly don't and I don't think other people generally do either.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

loving hell journos are dense. This was obvious weeks ago. It was the public's fault we had to go into lockdown, we just couldn't voluntarily keep apart. It was the public's fault they had to start issuing fines, we just couldn't follow their vague guidelines. It was the public's fault infection rates weren't going down, we just kept going into parks. Now it'll be the public faults infection rates go up, we just weren't STAYING ALERT enough.

We're at fault. Not the government. The government is doing everything they can. They're here to help. Be safe, citizen.

+10% in the polls for the Tories.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Private Speech posted:

Isn't it owned by Softbank (and google before that)? Doesn't seem like the best pork barrel tbh.

All the OG funding was DoD -> MIT which then created Boston dynamics and for many many years it tried to create an all terrain packmule robot for the US military, always running into the problem that whatever they made was both too expensive and poo poo even for the DoD (which is honestly quite an achievement) as well as generally being worse in most ways than an actual Donkey.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

justcola posted:

Reaching Theresa May levels of trying to please everybody and therefore no-one.

It's a return to that awful pre-Corbyn Labour period where the objective was to avoid upsetting anyone at all times, meaning even the most obvious statement had to be hedged around with a forest of caveats and strangulated syntax. And yes, it seems to be based on the same odd belief that you win elections by never defining yourself and never taking sides, except to very vaguely endorse the existing order of things.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/IanLaveryMP/status/1259786081106563072

You know what, pissing into the tent really is a lot more fun.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

I heard that old Jermany Corbans man met the virus and laid a wreath at a virus grave and wants to negotiate with the virus and had an affair with the virus :mad:

and the virus had a baby and the baby looked at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

a young Starmer reading The Warlock of Firetop Mountain, keeping his finger wedged on the last page as he makes bad choice after bad choice. His mother comes in to find her 20 year old son weeping at the choose-your-own-adventure book.
"Keir, what's wrong?"
"Whatever choice I make just turns out bad."
"Life is like that sometimes. You just have to make a decision and stick with it." she said. The young Keir bellows in anguish, throwing the book across the room before holding his wet face with both hands.
"No mother, no. There has to be another way. Maybe...maybe meeting in the middle." he says. His mother laughs.
"Oh Keir, I hope you never become the leader of the opposition during a global pandemic, that sort of wooly thinking will do more harm than good. I should know, I'm a nurse."
The young man spits into his own hands in frustration. Didn't she know that life was just an endless greyness? There was no such thing as being right, only correct.