Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Good soup! posted:

just trying to wrap my head around "Lord of the Flies is some lib trash" and I just cant do it im sorry *walks away from computer and casually jumps out window*

The article mentions that the author beat his children and also literally admitted to relating to Nazis lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Charlz Guybon posted:

Let's not start a nuclear war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XNFokmDKrE&t=35s

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Doc Fission posted:

I'm at my sister's for a few days and they have regular TV and wow those "thank you" commercials from big firms that won't pay their "essential" folks more than $9 an hour are so loving demeaning. How does everyone not feel this outrage

maybe a military aircraft flyby costing $3 million would make them feel better about their 10 hour shift getting threatened by chuds who don't want to wear a mask in the store

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

old beast lunatic posted:

Just talked to a friend from PA over the weekend who works at an assisted living facility that housed 78 people. They lost 23 of them so far. All had to die alone and say goodbye to families on a designated COVID iPad.

OPEN R UP

nursing homes are going to go out of business when this thing finishes off every resident

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Doc Fission posted:

I'm at my sister's for a few days and they have regular TV and wow those "thank you" commercials from big firms that won't pay their "essential" folks more than $9 an hour are so loving demeaning. How does everyone not feel this outrage

General consensus seems to be that everyone aside from the real corporate bootlickers hate those ads too

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Bearjew posted:

nursing homes are going to go out of business when this thing finishes off every resident

luckily they'll only have to wait a decade for the next crop of old folks who need a home

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Doc Fission posted:

Ah, good 'ol Kroger

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Tennessean/status/1258507677056958464

https://twitter.com/DeKalbNewsNow/status/1259857088106369029

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I hate the Charmin commercial where they talk about ramping up production while their stupid bears watch TV.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

lol when this does the opposite and wipes out the people with OP immune systems, leaving everyone else as easy pickings for whatever the next thing that pops out of the melted arctic permafrost

nah, people with strong immune systems seem to be the asymptomatic infections. the pulmonary cytokine storm is a dysregulation of the immune system that sends it into overdrive. it's not inherently stronger than average.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

if the SEC doesn't play this fall the entire south will burn

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Thank you! for Working Hard!

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

The athletic departments have deadlines on season ticket purchases this month so it's a combination of hubris and posturing

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

check it out:

number go down hell yeah

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Weird the the numbers go down every weekend and then shoot back up it's not like it's a phenomenon that has been going on for weeks at this point

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

luckily they'll only have to wait a decade for the next crop of old folks who need a home

assuming annual purges like this dont become the norm going forward

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bearjew posted:

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/may/06/state-will-pay-assisted-living-coronavirus/

quote:

The Newsom Administration has approved a plan to pay assisted living communities to take in COVID-19 patients — a move that doctors, nurses and other advocates for elderly people say is unnecessary and dangerous.

The California Department of Social Services is offering to pay assisted living facilities with six or fewer residents $1,000 a day from the time the first coronavirus patient is placed, according to a May 1 notice issued by the agency. Rates for communities with more than six beds will be set on a case-by-case basis.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

NofrikinfuN posted:

assuming annual purges like this dont become the norm going forward

If you cover up the deaths you still get paid for having a full old people concentration camp without having to feed them

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Weird the the numbers go down every weekend and then shoot back up it's not like it's a phenomenon that has been going on for weeks at this point

Hey, even the 'Rona likes to take weekends off.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the effect gets worse every week too but the numbers stay basically the same, it's pretty clear they're doing everything they can to make reporting worse

how would we know if an individual death wasn't counted in it? how would we know if 100,000 individual deaths weren't counted in it? we can't, we won't. Eventually they will be telling us there are almost zero or zero deaths per day in the US, while there are still 2,000+ deaths per day. There's nobody to hold them accountable for it, and even if there were, they wouldn't

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1259859088307040259?s=20

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

empty whippet box posted:

the effect gets worse every week too but the numbers stay basically the same, it's pretty clear they're doing everything they can to make reporting worse

how would we know if an individual death wasn't counted in it? how would we know if 100,000 individual deaths weren't counted in it? we can't, we won't. Eventually they will be telling us there are almost zero or zero deaths per day in the US, while there are still 2,000+ deaths per day. There's nobody to hold them accountable for it, and even if there were, they wouldn't

It'll be 20,000+/day for years lmao

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Fission posted:

:rolleyes:
if they paid they workers more they wouldn't have any money for TV advertisements

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

herd immunity when

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/isaiah_kb/status/1096060756590821377

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol just saw that dumbass Charmin ad yeesh

At least the other pandering ads show real people

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bearjew posted:

herd immunity when

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Doc Fission posted:

There was a Frito Lay one I saw recently that was easily the most embarrassing commercial I have ever seen

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

In These Challenging Times, we will still sell you our product. Together.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

There was a Frito Lay one I saw recently that was easily the most embarrassing commercial I have ever seen

:lol: Are they telling you that potato chips are essential?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Found it, somehow worse than I remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqOvJ_9YVa4

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
The amount of chuds sharing Candace Owens videos on Facebook who honestly thinks she is a voice for black america is appalling

She is Everyone's Black Friend When Convenient

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

lol just saw that dumbass Charmin ad yeesh

At least the other pandering ads show real people

the best is the state farm insurance ad where they have a bunch of real state farm employees with their name on the screen, except for their "mascot" "jake from state farm"

like, just put the actor's name there, humanize him a little bit but noooope he's just "jake from state farm"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the gov of pa has already opened like half the state lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Yeah, that's the worst one I've seen so far

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

more embarrassing than the "yogurt makes me poop good" commercials?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Plank Walker posted:

the best is the state farm insurance ad where they have a bunch of real state farm employees with their name on the screen, except for their "mascot" "jake from state farm"

like, just put the actor's name there, humanize him a little bit but noooope he's just "jake from state farm"

Maybe that's his legal name?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mayor Dave posted:

more embarrassing than the "yogurt makes me poop good" commercials?

Bustin' makes me feel good though

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

ok yeah this is dogshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Doc Fission posted:

I think we all do.