Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
run around and try to kill as many players as possible apparently

e: I just killed a duo on shoreline and one of them had a named documents case in their backpack. f to that guy

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Lemon posted:

Well, what else are you gonna do?

ppsh with 4 drum mags :getin:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
What's everyone's plan after the wipe? Just quest, are you going to build up hideout upgrades and skills, go for gear runs, what? I'm gonna focus on actually getting the Kappa this go, so doing quests and working on hideout are gonna be my big things. That and doing a scav run in between raids just to grab gear from Reserve to use on my main. I need to get a list of all the stuff needed for quests/hideout. I completely forgot what all is needed.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

probably play something else until they add a big flashy feature in again

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Definitely quests, vendor levels are going to be crucial with the flea changes. I just started playing during this last wipe so it'll be interesting to run those early quests while actually knowing the maps and the game this time around instead of having to keep a map open in my second monitor all the time

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Getting back into the groove of the game. Just hit level 11, and I got my first golden tt today. Some smooth brained scav player decided that wiggling was not on his agenda today and took a shot at me with an m700. He ate a nice vog-25 to the face and I was up an m700 with loving m61 ammo. Feeling like hot poo poo I did what came natural, I decided I wanted to get out of the raid as quickly as possible. Approaching the gas station from the hill I heard a lot of angry scavs, long short they deiced to line up outside by the fence. So I shot em all in the head. While looting Rashala I got shot at with a silenced bullet hose, couldn't really tell because I booked it. Sold a labs keycard and I have a nice shiny golden gun.

So what's the golden gun used for now-a-days?

Edit: Also the M700 is SO satisfying to shoot.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 11, 2020

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Mesadoram posted:

Getting back into the groove of the game. Just hit level 11, and I got my first golden tt today. Some smooth brained scav player decided that wiggling was not on his agenda today and took a shot at me with an m700. He ate a nice vog-25 to the face and I was up an m700 with loving m61 ammo. Feeling like hot poo poo I did what came natural, I decided I wanted to get out of the raid as quickly as possible. Approaching the gas station from the hill I heard a lot of angry scavs, long short they deiced to line up outside by the fence. So I shot em all in the head. While looting Rashala I got shot at with a silenced bullet hose, couldn't really tell because I booked it. Sold a labs keycard and I have a nice shiny golden gun.

So what's the golden gun used for now-a-days?

Edit: Also the M700 is SO satisfying to shoot.

golden TT has a barter trade, or is turned in for a later jaeger quest

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hazdoc posted:

golden TT has a barter trade, or is turned in for a later jaeger quest

Probably wont be able to make use of that before the wipe, good to know!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ShowTime posted:

What's everyone's plan after the wipe?

Not playing until other people play and tell me if the game is still worth playing after the lovely flea market changes they're making.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Ice Fist posted:

Playing with other people because it is still worth playing after the amazing flea market changes they're making.

twig1919 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 12, 2020

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

I'm actually cautiously optimistic about the flea market changes. Maybe it's because I've always been a lovely enough player to never have good gear anyways, but I think it could be cool to see more people running lower grade guns/armor because that's all they're able to find. I do hope that since they're changing this they'll consider reverting the increased level needed to access it. Even if you can't sell everything on it, it will probably still be necessary to make good $ and the first 10 levels without it is brutal if you keep dying and losing your poo poo.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Yah, n'thing the flea market thing. I'm looking forward to the scarcity and need to scavenge things.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm just going to do what I did before the flea market existed, which is grind quests, then grind levels, then buy everything I need from traders.

i vomit kittens posted:

I do hope that since they're changing this they'll consider reverting the increased level needed to access it.

Lol, this is insanely optimistic

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 17:49 on May 12, 2020

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Yeah once you get the flea market the traders become just kinda useless until you have really high rep and can be the guy arbitraging their items instead of the guy getting arbitraged upon

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'm just going to do what I did before the flea market existed, which is grind quests, then grind levels, then buy everything I need from traders.

This is my plan too. Traders have everything I want to play with. Not to mention, they are adding more to the traders along with the change. You can still also find everything on the flea market still, it's just gonna be more expensive. As long as you mix in your scav run when it's up, especially on a good map like Reserves, I don't think gear will be a problem. I'm pretty good at being a Remy, so starting out I don't see a problem with getting gear. Mostly gonna have a problem getting quests done I think.

Those of us with a EoD package are gonna get some starting gear too. I usually work through the pistols to start and "save" the good gear for a tough quest. But I bet a squad starting out day 1, hour 1 that rolls with the best gear they are given will have a lot of success. I'd do like Interchange and just loot all the big box stores. Can make a ton of bank off early quest items.

Saying all of that, i've been rolling deep with gear (like everyone else) and it is super fun rocking out with the best items available. I never played with some of the guns i'm playing with now and yea, some of them are every bit as fun as advertised.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

ShowTime posted:

This is my plan too. Traders have everything I want to play with. Not to mention, they are adding more to the traders along with the change. You can still also find everything on the flea market still, it's just gonna be more expensive. As long as you mix in your scav run when it's up, especially on a good map like Reserves, I don't think gear will be a problem. I'm pretty good at being a Remy, so starting out I don't see a problem with getting gear. Mostly gonna have a problem getting quests done I think.

Those of us with a EoD package are gonna get some starting gear too. I usually work through the pistols to start and "save" the good gear for a tough quest. But I bet a squad starting out day 1, hour 1 that rolls with the best gear they are given will have a lot of success. I'd do like Interchange and just loot all the big box stores. Can make a ton of bank off early quest items.

Saying all of that, i've been rolling deep with gear (like everyone else) and it is super fun rocking out with the best items available. I never played with some of the guns i'm playing with now and yea, some of them are every bit as fun as advertised.

For me it's just been full squad reap-irs and doing big patrols on outdoor areas like around shoreline or interchange. You feel like a loving god

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I'm happy all of you are excited about scarcity. I'm not. I've played this game when there was no flea market at all. The flea market allowed you to be competitive without needing to do BSG's poo poo quests for the nth time. You had the option of choosing to do the quests or just ignore them and go fight people and play with your friends. I've done these quests now at least 5 times and they're awful. And now progression and what gear you can buy is basically locked behind them. Nah. No thanks. Absent any other significant content, a quest re-work, complete skills overhaul, or Streets of Tarkov being done I'm not interested in the game at this point.

The weight system changes and the flea market changes I believe are actively detrimental to the game. So I'm not going to play. :)

Cup Runneth Over posted:

This is what I'd do if I were going to play. But I don't want to do the quests again if I'm forced to for gear progression reasons. So I won't.

i vomit kittens posted:

but I think it could be cool to see more people running lower grade guns/armor because that's all they're able to find.

I've experienced this. At a certain point in the wipe you're going to find that people have ground enough that they're just buying everything from traders. Getting rid of the flea market moves the gear lords over time graph a little further out and flattens it a bit. But eventually everyone is buying the best poo poo. So early in the wipe everyone is going to be in heaven because it's going to be scav guns/sks's/mosins galore, and it's going to last a couple weeks. Then eventually the dam is going to break the first wave of people are going to hit certain levels of trader access and the wipe is going to look pretty familiar to what it was like before the flea market changes, except there will be more have nots and less haves.

That's cool that some of you are excited about that. I'm just... not. So I'll wait until they release something more significant before suffering the quest grind again.

ShowTime posted:

You can still also find everything on the flea market still, it's just gonna be more expensive.

Maybe. In my original post this was why I'd said I'd just wait. Because you have no idea how expensive poo poo is going to be yet. My initial feeling is that it's going to basically be unusable at least for everything that I'd primarily used the flea market for in the past. So we'll see. I'm sure you guys will post about it.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 12, 2020

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Yeah it'll be interesting. This is my first wipe so I'm still into the idea

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ice Fist posted:

This is what I'd do if I were going to play. But I don't want to do the quests again if I'm forced to for gear progression reasons. So I won't.

I feel you. Personally I'm just all Tarkoved out and exhausted with the grind in general. I wanna devote some time to other games. I know if I get back into Tarkov after the wipe I'll have to put in 8-hour days to get good armor and guns again, so I'll just wait until they add something big (like the open world) and play things less demanding of my time.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I feel you. Personally I'm just all Tarkoved out and exhausted with the grind in general. I wanna devote some time to other games. I know if I get back into Tarkov after the wipe I'll have to put in 8-hour days to get good armor and guns again, so I'll just wait until they add something big (like the open world) and play things less demanding of my time.

I also considered taking a break and probably will. Up until yesterday, I hadn't played for a week. Just go through phases where I really love the game and others where I get bored with it and feel like I have nothing to do. What will likely happen, if I don't start playing again day 1 after wipe, will be I don't play for the first month and come back when things have kind of settled down.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 16:27 on May 12, 2020

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

ShowTime posted:

Just go through phases where I really love the game and others where I get bored with it and feel like I have nothing to do.

Same. Once I got level 30 and my hideout maxed I looked at some of the stupid quests I had to do and had no desire to even try them, especially knowing a wipe was coming "soon" (just announce the thing already for fucks sake). I honestly wouldn't bother too much after the wipe either knowing my progress will just get deleted again but at the rate they're going I'll be retired before it's release so I might as well get my money's worth. I'll probably hop on in a week or so and play some thicc boy runs for fun but I'm sure it'll end up the same way where a guy hiding 500yds away with a thermal two taps me. But that's all part of the fun.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I surprisingly haven't found anyone running thermals yet. I'm sure they are out there, but I haven't encountered one yet. I've actually been running into new players more than anything. Squads of them running together.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

ChesterJT posted:

...knowing a wipe was coming "soon" (just announce the thing already for fucks sake)....

lol, this must be your first wipe. BSG blue balls it's community for weeks before they officially announce it.

I personally already kinda went on hiatus, and probably will stay gone until Streets or some other new map drops. I'm just really burnt out tbh.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i havnt been playing after i hit a few milestones on my account cos of impending wipe, excited for it cant wait going to play it a lot probably

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Zipperelli. posted:

lol, this must be your first wipe. BSG blue balls it's community for weeks before they officially announce it.

I personally already kinda went on hiatus, and probably will stay gone until Streets or some other new map drops. I'm just really burnt out tbh.

Same boat. The fun is in the chase in this game, and when the end is in sight it definitely kills my motivation to play. EFT is a never ending cycle of amassing piles of wealth, running goofy expensive kits for a while, and then transitioning to some other shooter until they wipe and add something cool.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Zipperelli. posted:

Yeah but I assume they're leaking it to people. We've been hearing for at least a month or so that end of May/early June was the time. There's been nothing official but somehow everyone (by that I mean streamers who talk to Nikita) says the same time which I would find very hard to believe is coincidence or lucky guessing.

Point being if they're going to tell people and then you may as well just pick a date and announce it. I guess as shoddy as their team seems to be they're probably afraid of missing their own deadline. Who knows. For the love of god fix the inbox showing phantom notifications or the right click/flea market filter bugs already.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 13, 2020

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

ChesterJT posted:

I guess as shoddy as their team seems to be they're probably afraid of missing their own deadline.

Here's a brief timeline of the status updates that led up to 0.12 (admittedly a big patch with the Unity thing, but I think my point stands):

Status Update #3, on August 15, "We are at the full speed ahead and we can see the land on the horizon. Many things are done."

Status Update #4 on September 5, "As it was mentioned on Pestily's podcast - almost everything is done."

Final Status Update on September 27, "We are on the finish line."

Update released on October 27ish, "We plan to start the upload processes from 11-12 am moscow time. We will launch a stream with many guests and me showing from time to time during the upload process."

So yeah, gonna go ahead and say Nikita's not great with delivery dates.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Phobeste posted:

Yeah it'll be interesting. This is my first wipe so I'm still into the idea

Lot of posts in this same vein.

You'll see, I guess.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
it is not my first wipe and I am also into the idea

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Does anyone have any tips for finding an AVS in raid? I hit level 15 and I gotta say that I have not seen a single one.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think I found mine off scav boss guards.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Does anyone have any tips for finding an AVS in raid? I hit level 15 and I gotta say that I have not seen a single one.

Hunt for Reshalas guards on Customs, they have them. If you go for the head you might even get one with more then 15 durability!

EDIT: Also for the quest you can just buy them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kikas posted:

Hunt for Reshalas guards on Customs, they have them. If you go for the head you might even get one with more then 15 durability!

EDIT: Also for the quest you can just buy them.

Wait, I can just buy them? Well poo poo, I thought it said I need to find them. I will try that when I get off of work later, thank ya.

IronicDongz posted:

I think I found mine off scav boss guards.

I hear this a lot, guess I will need to hunt them down. Last time I killed them, I managed to loot Resh, but some beefy boys rolled up and scared me off and I could not loot the rest.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Finally played around with a REAP IR yesterday and they are pretty fun. On one hand, I don't see what all the fuss is about. On the other hand, yea they can be pretty drat good on maps with lots of foliage. On Interchange it didn't really do much and I often found myself using my red dot on a backup mount. You can just see clearer with any other sight. But outside on a map like Woods or even Customs, with lots of bushes you can hide in, it could do a lot of damage. All in all, kind of glad they are being made rarer next patch. I don't really see it as an attachment i'd use often, but I can appreciate that I won't have to worry about them as much in the future.

If you have a chance, i'd definitely give one a try before the wipe happens. Just to see what it plays like.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

ShowTime posted:

Finally played around with a REAP IR yesterday and they are pretty fun. On one hand, I don't see what all the fuss is about. On the other hand, yea they can be pretty drat good on maps with lots of foliage. On Interchange it didn't really do much and I often found myself using my red dot on a backup mount. You can just see clearer with any other sight. But outside on a map like Woods or even Customs, with lots of bushes you can hide in, it could do a lot of damage. All in all, kind of glad they are being made rarer next patch. I don't really see it as an attachment i'd use often, but I can appreciate that I won't have to worry about them as much in the future.

If you have a chance, i'd definitely give one a try before the wipe happens. Just to see what it plays like.

the one time I encountered a REAP IR nerd on Interchange, I was very visible in the open taking potshots (and missing) at the sweaty hanging out at big window. somehow, he let me kill him after 6-7 shots, probably because his view was obstructed by blinding fluorescent lights.

was pretty nice picking up a slick, airframe, best in slot drum m4, and reap-ir from some dude playing following the streamer meta wrong.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Wait, I can just buy them? Well poo poo, I thought it said I need to find them. I will try that when I get off of work later, thank ya.

I hear this a lot, guess I will need to hunt them down. Last time I killed them, I managed to loot Resh, but some beefy boys rolled up and scared me off and I could not loot the rest.

If you have to find stuff in raid, the quest always has 2 parts: one with "Find X in Raid" and another one with "Turn in X". If it has one part, you don't need to actually find the items in-raid.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Interchange is very broken for thermals which is probably why you clapped him.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I think if I use them again i'll pretty much stick to Customs or Woods. Shoreline maybe, but Shoreline has a lot of trees spread out. Customs and Woods have clusters of trees and bushes. Makes for hiding way easier.

Xii
Dec 27, 2011

Only the coldest prevail.
Ive been running the REAP on customs and man does it dominate.

Most people running that map even now are going to dorms or doing quests, so of course they aren't running thermals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Anyone running all raids with like, infinite drugs in their body now? At least the good ones. I bought up Goldenstar when the wipe was announced and have been using them since. Taught me the value of prepopping pain meds and now I basically only run with pain meds in my body. I haven't found any other drugs without adverse effects, but if they exist, I wanna take them. I've tried a few runs with SJ6 to start and run to a spot (like Resort) and just didn't like the tunnel vision that came after. Goldenstar is amazing and i'll never go back. I don't care if I go broke after the wipe on just buying Goldenstar.

In case you didn't know what Goldenstar does, here is all it does:

10 minutes of pain relief. That's 7 minutes longer than just normal pain killers.
Slight energy gain. Slight hydration gain. Other pain meds reduce your hydration.
Slight amount of hp gain (only a few points).
Removes contusion, toxicity and radiation (whenever those are implemented).

Yea, Goldenstar takes a few extra seconds to use, but it's so worth it. Pop it at the start of your raid and every 10 minutes after.