Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Licarn posted:

In one month you've got 4 pieces without another person giving up art they could have put in their own gallery?

If someone's giving up a dupe, they're just pushing their own completion out by at least one Redd visit, unless they've got lucky and Redd has multiple real pieces on sale.

If you have multiple profiles with homes, you can buy every piece of art each time he visits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Calico Heart posted:

How often has Redd visited you guys? So far he's only visited my island once on the day of the update

Same, I'm glad other people are confirming because I was worrying about it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Bones is making a Golden Dung Beetle, and it's Cherry's birthday. Come on by! https://turnip.exchange/island/07e0ca85

Cool someone hoovered up my entire fossil stockpile and left me their flimsy tools. Thanks.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 11, 2020

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Saraharah is wandering around my island so I'm opening up for a while. Dizzy is in boxes too so if you want a Lazy Elephant he's up north of Nook's Cranny.

Dodo Code: no

Edit : Able's are selling Dance-Team clothes, butterfly kimono, and a spacesuit

Closed now, thanks for visiting!

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 11, 2020

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

LODGE NORTH posted:

I don't get the whole bells or NMT sale thing, though. I only see that on Reddit.

NMT are currency for the sake of having a currency, I think. Like nobody out there needs 500 NMT to actually use, they need them so they can buy something else that somebody is selling for 500 NMT. It's people overreacting to not having any more uses for bells.

Anybody who is selling something for 500 NMT and then using those tickets to go island hopping for other things to sell is playing the game wrong, which is impressive since it's barely possible to play the casual island sim game wrong.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I finally found a wolf villager on a Nook trip! I was hoping for Kyle, but I'll take Fang.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Eh, the art exhibits are infamous for never really being finished in these games without cheating already- and now that Redd can just not show up for 2 months straight and have 4 fakes with him when he arrives I don't see people getting even halfway done without cheating the clock before burnout.

I mean, if finishing the gallery is important to you, you can definitely just do a little bit of time travelling to speed up the process. Redd will reappear (with different art) on the same day, so if you just time travel between the previous day and the day he's there, you can basically brute force your way into having all the art.

The thing I enjoy is figuring out what is and isn't a forgery. Personally, I'd not consider time travelling cheating if you still play that part of the game without a guide.

Poque posted:

NMT are currency for the sake of having a currency, I think. Like nobody out there needs 500 NMT to actually use, they need them so they can buy something else that somebody is selling for 500 NMT. It's people overreacting to not having any more uses for bells.

Anybody who is selling something for 500 NMT and then using those tickets to go island hopping for other things to sell is playing the game wrong, which is impressive since it's barely possible to play the casual island sim game wrong.

Some people really love micro transactions, I guess.

And More fucked around with this message at 16:42 on May 11, 2020

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
:ohdear: guys!! Unrest on the normally happy isle of 3 Flats!

(I'm surprised they read the same books but)

To make matters worse, this happened while Marcel was talking to me about moving out. I was so surprised at Pinky and Bea going at it that I rushed through the dialogue and now he's gonna leave :(

edit: wait, what! You can only get one commission from Flick per visit!! I guess that makes sense, I just have all these butterflies saved up now

E-flat fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 11, 2020

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Marcel looks rad. can't believe pinky spoiled that poo poo

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I'm surprised the Reddit folks haven't gone all the way and started trading items for a made up currency that only exists outside of the game, like what happened with Diablo II.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dip Viscous posted:

I'm surprised the Reddit folks haven't gone all the way and started trading items for a made up currency that only exists outside of the game, like what happened with Diablo II.

wait they moved on from SoJs as currency?? :psyduck:

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Marcel looks rad. can't believe pinky spoiled that poo poo

I know right!?

Marcel is a rad painted-faced pupper. Kinda real bummed. Feel I jinxed it, since I was just talking about letting him go for one of my favorites, but... at least I'm sure someone here will give him a good home

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I went hunting for tuna at the pier and caught a Coelacanth!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Sekenr posted:

I went hunting for tuna at the pier and caught a Coelacanth!

that's definitely more than a C+

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

O'Hare showed up at my campsite and I didn't really want him at first cause he seemed like a bit of a douche, but he is absolutely great. His home is crazy (it's water/beach themed, the floor is water and he has a shark model and stuff in there currently) and his personality is great, including his conversations with other islanders.

I have some of the villagers that show up on the "most desired" lists or whatever - Ankha, Sherb, Beau.... but I think O'Hare might be my favourite. I love all of my villagers though.

I guess I'm least keen on Monty - he showed up uninvited because we had an empty plot for like, a day, which I think is a lovely mechanic. He's just a bit boring. His house is cool though - forest-themed and full of mushrooms.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

E-flat posted:

I know right!?

Marcel is a rad painted-faced pupper. Kinda real bummed. Feel I jinxed it, since I was just talking about letting him go for one of my favorites, but... at least I'm sure someone here will give him a good home

I'll take him off your hands if no one else has claimed him

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
The Dell is open for visitors!! The initial rush from posting in the Discord has ended, so I'll try posting the code in here and see how it goes :)

Dodo code: closed for now!

Nooks: Board games & Amps (black); 1x magnetic knife rack & 1x velvet stool; Fairy tale & kabuki umbrellas; skull walls

Ables: Suspender outfits, silk shirts, Bingata dresses, Coveralls with arm covers, Racing helmets, Curly moustaches, Goatees, and more!

Admiral is crafting Scarecrow (in the neighborhood, 2nd row, middle house)!

There are free gifts on the boardwalk! Feel free to take one, there's some cool stuff in there so try your luck! :) i ran out of gifts, sorry! i'll be sure to prep more next time :)

Catalog party, as well as free DIYs and fossils on the beach! Please touch but don't take the catalog items, but take as many DIYs as you'd like!

Catalog items: Grand piano (white), phonograph, Claw-foot tub (white), Cello (white), System kitchen (red), Papa bear (Cream), Aluminum briefcase, Treadmill, 2x colorful wheel, loom, shaved ice-maker

I would really appreciate watering the plants for the visitors bonus! I have watering cans all over the place - feel free to water whatever, but in particular, the rose garden, the windflowers in front of Nook's & Able's, and the flowers in and below the hedges (right of Able's) are priorities, thanks a ton!

kumba fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 11, 2020

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Johnny Truant posted:

wait they moved on from SoJs as currency?? :psyduck:

Search for info on Forum Gold/FG and despair.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

E-flat posted:

I know right!?

I think if you talk to him again, there's a chance he'll mention moving and you'll have a chance to convince him otherwise?

If not that, if you have another profile on your Switch, have that character talk to him and they can convince him not to move.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Dip Viscous posted:

Someone has definitely traded reddit gold for a good turnip price by now

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Kirios posted:

I'll take him off your hands if no one else has claimed him

Alrighty, tomorrow when he's in boxes (that's how it goes, right? He asks to move today, tomorrow in boxes?) I'll PM you a dodo code whenever works best for you.

Silver Falcon posted:

I think if you talk to him again, there's a chance he'll mention moving and you'll have a chance to convince him otherwise?

If not that, if you have another profile on your Switch, have that character talk to him and they can convince him not to move.

... Unless I get to him first maybe? :shobon:

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

NofrikinfuN posted:

Does anyone know if there are tools available to translate hex colors into animal crossing equivalents?

I am currently converting a few twitch emotes into designs for fun, but I am producing some pretty rough approximations when there gets to be too many shades in use. In an effort to organize a bit, I was thinking to convert each pixel to a hex code so that I can start each project by building a palette and then basically do a paint by numbers. Problem is, even if I get the hex codes sorted out, I will be playing a guessing game when I put the palettes together. I don't think I have a very discerning eye, so things end up washed out or muddy looking in a hurry.

I'm also going to have to figure out a method to combine similar shades, since I'm pretty sure most of these have more than 15 in use.

It's kind of interesting when I can wrap my head around it. It's not unlike doing a picross puzzle.

There are a lot of eyedropper tools for the web you can get to figure it out using them on the palettes on acpatterns editor.

https://www.google.com/search?q=onl...mobile&ie=UTF-8

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Edit: thanks to the kindness of goons my collection is complete! I still have these extras if anyone needs them:

Anomalocaris (2)
Archaeopteryx
Brachio pelvis
Brachio skull
Deinony torso
Dimetrodon torso (2)
Dinosaur track
Diplo tail
Juramaia (2)
Mammoth skull
Megacero tail
Megacero torso
Myllokunmingia
Opthalmo skull
Plesio body
Plesio tail
Quetzal torso
Sabertooth skull (3)
Sabertooth tail
Spino skull
Stego torso

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 11, 2020

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

tildes posted:

There are a lot of eyedropper tools for the web you can get to figure it out using them on the palettes on acpatterns editor.

https://www.google.com/search?q=onl...mobile&ie=UTF-8

Good call, thanks.

CanuckBassist
Mar 20, 2007

Maerlyn posted:

If someone can help me finish my fossil collection AND take some extras I'd be most appreciative. I would rather trade and help someone else then sell them.

Need:

Left megalo side
Parasaur skull
Right quetzal wing
Stego skull

Extras:

Brachio skull
Deinony tail
Pachy skull
Stego tail
Tricera tail

I have a right quetzal wing for you. PM me a dodo code?

Edit: Ohhh, I can use these 5 extras you have. :shobon:

CanuckBassist fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 11, 2020

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

WhatEvil posted:

O'Hare showed up at my campsite and I didn't really want him at first cause he seemed like a bit of a douche, but he is absolutely great. His home is crazy (it's water/beach themed, the floor is water and he has a shark model and stuff in there currently) and his personality is great, including his conversations with other islanders.

I have some of the villagers that show up on the "most desired" lists or whatever - Ankha, Sherb, Beau.... but I think O'Hare might be my favourite. I love all of my villagers though.

I guess I'm least keen on Monty - he showed up uninvited because we had an empty plot for like, a day, which I think is a lovely mechanic. He's just a bit boring. His house is cool though - forest-themed and full of mushrooms.

O’Hare was my first campsite villager, so I had to take him. I wasn’t fond of him at first, but he’s really grown on me!

Gave him a little explorer shirt so he looks ready to adventure.

chensterrain
Feb 22, 2013

Maerlyn posted:

If someone can help me finish my fossil collection AND take some extras I'd be most appreciative. I would rather trade and help someone else then sell them.

Need:

Left megalo side
Parasaur skull
Right quetzal wing
Stego skull

I have a Parasaur Skull and Stego Skull if you want 'em

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Noon music so good

fizzy-o
Sep 2, 2011

the reason i'm not rewarded
is because, as a person,
i'm quite warped

Soleil is in boxes today! She's pretty cool and has an awesome house, but I had two Snooty types and want to try and recruit a cat or a wolf. I'd like to see her go somewhere neat for her next adventure :)

Send me a DM if you're interested in her and we can coordinate a time for you to pick her up! I'm working today but it's WFH so I have some flexibility.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

CanuckBassist posted:

I have a right quetzal wing for you. I'll just grab a random extra you don't need. PM me a dodo code?

Sounds good, will send code in a couple minutes.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

chensterrain posted:

I have a Parasaur Skull and Stego Skull if you want 'em

YES please... Do you want anything in return?

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

NofrikinfuN posted:

Good call, thanks.

👍🏻

(Also if you do find stuff out and post it in the thread I’ll add it to the op’s guide!)

chensterrain
Feb 22, 2013

Maerlyn posted:

YES please... Do you want anything in return?

Nah I'm good, I just wanna visit some islands :)

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hey all, wanna turn a bit of my island into a minigolf course.

I think so far cute things to include would be the spaceship (it's a wardrobe but just looks like a cool rocket), the lighthouse and maybe the wind turbine. I could easily create little hole textures and a path leading you around the course.

... Of course, before I get my hopes up too much, I have to ask; are there little flags or golf clubs in the game?

Myok
Apr 8, 2005

Technology on the brain.
Pillbug

Maerlyn posted:

Need:

Left megalo side

I have three Left megalo sides taking up space in my storage and one is yours for free. Just PM me the dodo code and I'll drop it off. My fossil collection is complete thanks to other goons. Edit: though I will take that T. rex tail for my outdoor Jurassic Park exhibit if you don't mind.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Noon music so good

It's the best. Reminds me of Ventura Highway by America.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

Hey all, wanna turn a bit of my island into a minigolf course.

I think so far cute things to include would be the spaceship (it's a wardrobe but just looks like a cool rocket), the lighthouse and maybe the wind turbine. I could easily create little hole textures and a path leading you around the course.

... Of course, before I get my hopes up too much, I have to ask; are there little flags or golf clubs in the game?

This is what I found in a very quick search: https://villagerdb.com/item/golf-bag https://villagerdb.com/item/champions-pennant
Otherwise maybe a little flag pattern on a transparent background?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Myok posted:

I have three Left megalo sides taking up space in my storage and one is yours for free. Just PM me the dodo code and I'll drop it off. My fossil collection is complete thanks to other goons. Edit: though I will take that T. rex tail for my outdoor Jurassic Park exhibit if you don't mind.

It's yours, I sent you a PM.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
I have Keaton in boxes today if anyone wants to take him. Let me know so I can open up the island.

https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Keaton

Update: He's moved! Found a friend who shared his name to take him.

Mistaken Frisbee fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Gonna join the moving out crew. I'm on day 2 of getting Punchy scanned in so tomorrow Sprinkle will be in boxes if anyone wants a peppy penguin.

She's really cute! I'm just not a fan of penguins in this game for whatever reason :shobon: