Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

According to the news he was being pursued because he was blazing at full speed through red lights, something famously known to result in high-speed crashes. He then began randomly weaving into traffic, at which point they gave the order to stop him.

this tiresome insistence on poo poo like "context" and "circumstance" is interfering with my repetition of slogans and reheated hot takes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Page 3, make a cop chase thread tia.

^ you get a break on the new page snipe

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Joining the mile ohayo club

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

uwu PULL UP uwuuuuuu

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

They'll be here to answer this question after work.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

everyone post photos of the jars of rusty nails you have in your sheds, garages, and basements. i cleared all mine out in anticipation of my FIL moving into the inlaw apartment we built but, uh, that hasn't happened. so.

inlaw apartments are great places to banish ur teenager to

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

In shed-adjacent chat I found out pretty much accidentally that mothballs are very effective at keeping wasps out of your wooden outbuildings after storing some mothballed furniture for a year.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

In shed-adjacent chat I found out pretty much accidentally that mothballs are very effective at keeping wasps out of your wooden outbuildings after storing some mothballed furniture for a year.

Saw a red and black wasp today, there's been a ton of wasps lately...wish I could just cover the house in moth-balls

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

KoRMaK posted:

uwu PULL UP uwuuuuuu

Read my mind! Alerts and shaky stick are my jam.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

grillster posted:

If it was deemed necessary to do a pit, why not wait until the driver isn't doing over 100 mph. It's a stock Dodge Ram, it's not capable of out-running them. Put space on the vehicle and track creatively. Don't put further pressure on the driver to make stupid decisions. Worse of a call than shooting out the tire.
That doesn't sound very 'murica tho

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Dental plan.

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:

Tornado... no, explosion! No! Both!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

"Postmodern art."

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

"Postmodern art."
Sure, why not. Transformers movies can be argued as post modern

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
drat near anything can, with enough weed and spare time.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Okay, this is kinda fun.

Here's my guess: truck ahead of this one spills logs onto the road. This truck hits at least two, driving them forward until they caught a crack in the road, at which point they were driven through the truck's body and wedged in such a way that the two became stuck as they are. The energy of the semi and trailer literally pole vaulted the cab on the two logs, and because the trailer kingpin was strong enough, it swung the trailer up and kinda wedged it in that inverted V. Then, when the forward momentum stopped, it rocked back just enough that the semi wasn't going to keep progressing down the two logs, which are now wedged in by lateral forces since they're at two almost perpendicular angles.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pretty sure that's just a still of man of steel

e: yep, lol

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

Ah gently caress, thought it was transformers

Azathoth posted:

Okay, this is kinda fun.

Here's my guess: truck ahead of this one spills logs onto the road. This truck hits at least two, driving them forward until they caught a crack in the road, at which point they were driven through the truck's body and wedged in such a way that the two became stuck as they are. The energy of the semi and trailer literally pole vaulted the cab on the two logs, and because the trailer kingpin was strong enough, it swung the trailer up and kinda wedged it in that inverted V. Then, when the forward momentum stopped, it rocked back just enough that the semi wasn't going to keep progressing down the two logs, which are now wedged in by lateral forces since they're at two almost perpendicular angles.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

(I had no idea it was fake)

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

KoRMaK posted:

Ah gently caress, thought it was transformers

Someone needs to make this an emote.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Someone needs to make this an emote.

For ants?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

insect repellents repel insects, you say

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

shovelbum posted:

inlaw apartments are great places to banish ur teenager to

in 13 years i'll thank you

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

insect repellents repel insects, you say

I mean, they're wasps. They have no fear and will gently caress you up without provocation. You generally need a specific type of spray to kill them and half the time that will just piss them off instead.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

I mean, they're wasps. They have no fear and will gently caress you up without provocation. You generally need a specific type of spray to kill them and half the time that will just piss them off instead.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Dude ran into active runway and got clipped by a landing WN flight. Declared deceased on scene. The nacelle got banged up badly in the post accident picture.

No blood or bodies but content warning to be safe for known fatality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxsNCCZ958o

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

That should be on the back of a t-shirt sold to wasps.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Wasabi the J posted:

Dude ran into active runway and got clipped by a landing WN flight. Declared deceased on scene. The nacelle got banged up badly in the post accident picture.

No blood or bodies but content warning to be safe for known fatality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxsNCCZ958o

Talk about IIWL injuries incompatible with life

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Reuben Sandwich posted:

I saw another Guardian Safe T ladder extension today. Why every roofing outfit doesn't have one is beyond me.

they cost money, op

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Reuben Sandwich posted:

I saw another Guardian Safe T ladder extension today. Why every roofing outfit doesn't have one is beyond me.

See thread title.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

This is clearly reversed, that car's trying to escape from all those idiots driving backwards.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

KoRMaK posted:

Ayyy, same here! Did you see it at a film fest?

late reply but no, somehow my local indie theater is getting revenue by streaming recent releases. It's a cool setup

Nearly osha moment at work today when I was in a hangar and a fellow was attempting picking up a conex box with I think a 5 ton capacity forklift. The back wheels came a few inches off the ground as we yelled at him and I was having flashbacks to this thread but he put it down safely

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

"Don't annoy the kryptonian in the bar."

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/DoUksKO.mp4

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

All according to plan I guess

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

It boggles the mind that driving instruction doesn't include even a mention of how dangerous gasoline really is. It's just the smelly go juice you put in your car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
i've posted it in here a number of times but if gasoline were invented today you'd never be allowed to pump it yourself, the technicians who did would have to get a license and wear protective gear, and you'd have to be outside of the vehicle and behind a blast shield.