Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost
It's just an adult/effete version of lunchables. I love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Imagined posted:

RIP Jerry Stiller. No idea how anyone kept from breaking when he or Estelle Harris were in a scene.

https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=L2LdHH0hmHY

I always learn it from SA first :smith:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Charcuterie is boss because it's a fancy sounding word for something awesome, cured meats and cheese. The real bullshit is crudités, which sounds fancy but is just raw vegetables and dip.

Infinitely improved by removing the accents, and pronouncing it to rhyme with Luddites.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Lobok posted:

Nothing fancy or pretentious about "charcuterie". Now, "deconstructed nachos" on the other hand...

How do you feel about loaded french fries being called "irish nachos"?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

lol i googled this because i didnt believe you but... :distonk:

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

But, that's what it's called. It's called charcuterie. What would you rather them say?

But it's not. Charcuterie is essentially a fancy way of saying "prepared meat", often used to refer to a shop that sells meat that isn't raw. The thing being discussed here is possibly a "charcuterie plate", but really just say "cold cuts" instead? Also the cheese makes both of these terms incorrect, turning it into a "meat and cheese plate" I guess.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Phosphine posted:

But it's not. Charcuterie is essentially a fancy way of saying "prepared meat", often used to refer to a shop that sells meat that isn't raw. The thing being discussed here is possibly a "charcuterie plate", but really just say "cold cuts" instead? Also the cheese makes both of these terms incorrect, turning it into a "meat and cheese plate" I guess.

Please tell me more about the meaning and origins of the word, I didn't run a charcuterie program for 3 years and have no knowledge base on the matter.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Please tell me more about the meaning and origins of the word, I didn't run a charcuterie program for 3 years and have no knowledge base on the matter.

You ran a food pile program for 3 years?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

You're so loving pretentious, calling this "meatloaf." Why not just say "hunk of meat"?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

You're so loving pretentious, calling this "meatloaf." Why not just say "hunk of meat"?

Also the egg and breadcrumbs makes both of these terms incorrect, turning it into a "hunk of meat and egg and breadcrumbs" I guess.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Bunch of snobs! Just say you got drunk and ate salami like everybody else!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The cat does the robbing, or?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Whatever you want to call poutine is fine by me.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lobok posted:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The cat does the robbing, or?

Yeah they are a cat burglar

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Lobok posted:

OK, I am calling Poutine "Canadian Nachos" from here on out. Done.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dixville posted:

Yeah they are a cat burglar

:haw:

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

CzarChasm posted:

Canachos

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
There are too many options, I

Melaneus posted:

Canachoos

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And garbage plates? Very little actual garbage in them!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Charcuterie is specific preparations. It's fine to use the word for things.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Roll up, roll up everyone. Sample my fine wares. I have a shark-UTI board, some horse doovers, lovely krudights, and of course the peace duh resistants, some yummo canned apes.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Roll up, roll up everyone. Sample my fine wares. I have a shark-UTI board, some horse doovers, lovely krudights, and of course the peace duh resistants, some yummo canned apes.

Bone apple tea!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Burnout Paradise 2 with DJ Dildonica.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

There are too many options, I

Melaneus posted:

Canachoos

Settle down there Scotty. Just beam up the meat pile like I asked.

Blue Demon
Apr 21, 2010
Pillbug
I'm french and Charcuterie is just the prepared meat here in France like chorizo, ham, etc. "Assiette de fromages" would be the "cheese plate". If we mix them it would be "plateau de charcuterie ET fromages". Thanks for your attention!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You french people have a word for everything

edit: Round here, charcuterie is the art (or skill, whatever) of curing meats and the products produced. A charcuterie plate would typically have those meats, and often also things like cheese, candied walnuts, dried figs, water crackers, or other little accompaniments.

Flash Gordon Ramsay has a new favorite as of 18:26 on May 11, 2020

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Blue Demon posted:

I'm french and Charcuterie is just the prepared meat here in France like chorizo, ham, etc. "Assiette de fromages" would be the "cheese plate". If we mix them it would be "plateau de charcuterie ET fromages". Thanks for your attention!

Just call it "CURDLE COW AND MEAT HUNK FLATBOY" you absolute pretentious snob, you pants pissing imbecil.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/blowbackpod/status/1259880734325604356?s=20

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I used to work for an international company in Brussels and the signs in the cafeteria were in French and English, however, most of the kitchen staff spoke only French, so they translated "crudités" into "CRUDITIES" which was pretty funny. I imagined the cook peppering my food with insults and profanities.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Won't lie, I want to hear what this sounds like.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Part of me is hoping that's his son that he's holding, but also deep down I know that he commissioned a portrait of himself cuddling a random brown child.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

anyone have a portrait of hitler with a ghostly smiling Jewish child giving a thumbs up in the background

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

CzarChasm posted:

I'm going to do this as well.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pope Hilarius II posted:

I used to work for an international company in Brussels and the signs in the cafeteria were in French and English, however, most of the kitchen staff spoke only French, so they translated "crudités" into "CRUDITIES" which was pretty funny. I imagined the cook peppering my food with insults and profanities.

From what I gather, cooks are equalled or surpassed in swearing only by mechanics, soldiers, and longshoremen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Baron von Eevl posted:

I did some poo poo like that after Sandy Hook. Nobody tried talking back, I think one or two did unfriend me though.

That's like cutting loose cinder blocks while trying to swim