Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Stop calling it a war because chuds are gonna start asking for the gi bill and Purple Hearts and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

shovelbum posted:

unironically everyone should be laid off except for absolute bare bones and groceries should be delivery only in huge trucks along routes like packages are

sounds like you want schwann's

GATES FOUNDATION
Apr 28, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 years!

Throatwarbler posted:

hahaha Americans are so stupid

Americans are very stupid, Kuaidi was instrumental in organizing deliveries of groceries and other essentials in china's house arrest style lockdowns

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Iron Crowned posted:

Just go grocery shopping yourself, dumbasses. Every time you use a store pick up app, you're just forcing some poor undermployed person to spend hours doing it for you, increasing their chances of getting sick, and increasing the profits of some venture capitalists

The grocery store here does their pickup orders directly through the store with no fee or price difference, you just pull up and they drop it in your trunk. The other side of it is one person doing 40 pickup orders a day (I dunno what a realistic number is) means thats 39 fewer people the store employees are exposed to. If everybody did pickup for thier groceries right now the stores would be a much safer place for the employees.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

im fairly certain that less goons in the grocery store the better

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

shovelbum posted:

unironically everyone should be laid off except for absolute bare bones and groceries should be delivery only in huge trucks along routes like packages are

sure, but in case it wasn't already obvious, it's likely there will only be mass impoverishment awaiting us as a result through the rest of this calendar year, at least

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Iron Crowned posted:

Just go grocery shopping yourself, dumbasses. Every time you use a store pick up app, you're just forcing some poor undermployed person to spend hours doing it for you, increasing their chances of getting sick, and increasing the profits of some venture capitalists

We've done 90% Walmart pickups. That's just Walmart employees going around doing it.

We did Aldi once which was instacart, and Meijer once which we thought was like Walmart but actually used Shipt. e: and also Jewel (albertsons) once back in March when this all started but that was door dash I think? The few takeout food orders we've done were direct order though!

e2: if anyone knows what other stores around Chicago do curbside pickup with actual employees I'd appreciate the information!

brugroffil has issued a correction as of 20:25 on May 11, 2020

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Anyway, the "best" thing to do is to get your groceries for curbside pickup from a store that uses actual employees to shop the orders. No gig workers, no app markup, no contact.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

This needs to get a poo poo load of press to undercut the Plandemic morons.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Looked liked fourth of July around the Portland metro area. Anything open was crammed with people. Second wave (or is this the third?) going to be horrible.

Did my part part for corona-chan by continuing to clean up my parents old house, and take piles of garbage to the dump.

Animal-Mother posted:

Serizawa?!

Serizawa!!!

I appreciate this.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Thoguh posted:

Plastic dividers, definitely all you need when the gym is full of people breathing hard and getting spittle everywhere.

Mirror in front of the power rack at one of the gyms I go to always has spit spray on it, after dudebros rack up a shitload of weight and do one squat with terrible form, and then post on Instagram for 15 minutes.

To properly lift I guess you have to suck in air, hold it, and then spit out as your face becomes a giant beet

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Thoguh posted:

this is just another trap from Q!

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Thoguh posted:

Obama deep state operatives obviously

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Rynn posted:

Mirror in front of the power rack at one of the gyms I go to always has spit spray on it, after dudebros rack up a shitload of weight and do one squat with terrible form, and then post on Instagram for 15 minutes.

To properly lift I guess you have to suck in air, hold it, and then spit out as your face becomes a giant beet

last time I was at the gym, there was some dude who was on the bench press bench the entire 40 minutes I was exercising. I think he did three total reps of like 400 lbs each. what is the point??

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

brugroffil posted:

e2: if anyone knows what other stores around Chicago do curbside pickup with actual employees I'd appreciate the information!

look on their sites and see if theyre hiring any

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

oh now that the plague is knocking at the door you are scared

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Don't stop I'm almost there

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

here's something cool I just found, an online updating tracker of covid related strikes

https://paydayreport.com/covid-19-strike-wave-interactive-map/

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Woofer posted:

Stop calling it a war because chuds are gonna start asking for the gi bill and Purple Hearts and poo poo.

or, you know, the chuds will decide to start an actual war

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

can't wait for the $2 million gofundme for the chud restaurant that loses its operating license for selling booze anyway after it loses its liquor license for defying this

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Spergin Morlock posted:

sounds like you want schwann's

Seeing that truck was an exciting time when I was a child

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

brugroffil posted:

We've done 90% Walmart pickups. That's just Walmart employees going around doing it.

We did Aldi once which was instacart, and Meijer once which we thought was like Walmart but actually used Shipt. e: and also Jewel (albertsons) once back in March when this all started but that was door dash I think? The few takeout food orders we've done were direct order though!

I thought jewel was actual employees picking and doing curbside

Also illinois gov had one of his senior staff just test positive for covid

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

He should have his lg dress up as the punisher and just visit the chud counties with a personal goon squad
Big alpha move

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I just heard a podcast with Elon and Joe Rogan and Elon is extremely pro-opening up, says it’s not a big deal and mortality is wrong by a factor of 10

so this is not surprising

is he right, or is he a guy in charge of a business who doesn’t give a gently caress about his employees? who the hell knows

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

is he right, or is he a guy in charge of a business who doesn’t give a gently caress about his employees? who the hell knows

Is this a joke? He's a loving moron OP.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
stolen from gbs thread

lmao

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

I just heard a podcast with Elon and Joe Rogan and Elon is extremely pro-opening up, says it’s not a big deal and mortality is wrong by a factor of 10

we have population scale data on outbreaks in various competent countries, antibody surveys, the works. mortality is not off by an order of magnitude, ffs >0.5% of ALL OF NYC is DEAD

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/ObsoleteDogma/status/1259651661070569473?s=20

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

shovelbum posted:

stolen from gbs thread

lmao

what the gently caress

quote:

“Metro Services Group has long been an advocate of helping persons who had been incarcerated return to society in a meaningful and productive way,” said the city’s sanitation services in a statement. “Metro makes no apologies for this policy as a core element of our commitment to being good corporate citizens.

Under state rules, prison inmates, employed by Metro Services, will be paid only 13% of what garbage workers, who only make $10.25-an-hour, are being paid.

WHAT THE gently caress :thermidor:

Mackers has issued a correction as of 20:50 on May 11, 2020

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

:chloe:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Mackers posted:

what the gently caress

One of the reasons that 'conservatives' hate civil service jobs is that they're traditionally a route to the middle class for minorities

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

shovelbum posted:

stolen from gbs thread

lmao

Ha ha I was just coming in here to post it and you beat me to it. poo poo's extremely hosed and this is a bad sign of things to come.

Everyone who had "Prison labor forced to replace workforce" on their COVID bingo cards please mark it off :toot:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Mackers posted:

what the gently caress

"the thirteenth amendment isn't real, it can't hurt me" I tell myself as I close my eyes and disrupt the garbage collection industry

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Covid in the disco! Covid in the Taco Bell.
Covid in the disco! Covid in the gates of Hell.

Norton the First has issued a correction as of 21:00 on May 11, 2020

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

I know you're joking man but it's crazy how much his wealth is confused for some kind of skill, virtue, etc. Dude is obviously a drug addled wastrel who inherited 100% of his money and is bad at everything he tries. Are the cars that nice? I've never driven one. The only person I met who drove one was an ultra racist boomer at my office, I've never seen a real person driving a Tesla

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Son of Man posted:

I know you're joking man but it's crazy how much his wealth is confused for some kind of skill, virtue, etc. Dude is obviously a drug addled wastrel who inherited 100% of his money and is bad at everything he tries. Are the cars that nice? I've never driven one. The only person I met who drove one was an ultra racist boomer at my office, I've never seen a real person driving a Tesla

The interiors are about on par with a $30K Toyota lmao

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

shovelbum posted:

we have population scale data on outbreaks in various competent countries, antibody surveys, the works. mortality is not off by an order of magnitude, ffs >0.5% of ALL OF NYC is DEAD

ha ha, returns on capital go brrrrrr

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Norton the First posted:

Corvid in the disco! Corvid in the Taco Bell.
Corvid in the disco! Corvid in the gates of Hell.

:crow:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mackers posted:

what the gently caress

Hopefully a few of the inmates drive off into the sunset with a garbage truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Thoguh posted:

The grocery store here does their pickup orders directly through the store with no fee or price difference, you just pull up and they drop it in your trunk. The other side of it is one person doing 40 pickup orders a day (I dunno what a realistic number is) means thats 39 fewer people the store employees are exposed to. If everybody did pickup for thier groceries right now the stores would be a much safer place for the employees.

I switched from going in to this, because of this. the apps have a person in for every single order. the grocery store pickup has one employee already in the store doing multiple orders greatly reducing the number of people that have to go in. the store employee I asked said it was the way to do it too.

don’t use the apps. do use the stores curbside.