Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I mean the obvious joke is that they are doing the S looks like $ thing, it's just it would look stupid to put the bars vertically through the M...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Womonopoly - It's about time!

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

BrigadierSensible posted:

lesser board game characters

Mods?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You don't understand. It's logically consistent. After the climactic unveiling of the Ms Monopoly boardgame, there is a denouement where the young women receive education grants! It's about women inventors! Why are you still laughing?

*Ms Monopoly is a latte sipping venture capitalist and we are one step closer to proving we are in hell*

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

I thought the Subway ad would help me guess what this one was for. I was wrong. :stare:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

BrigadierSensible posted:

I know it's the M for monopoly on her earring. But I keep thinking it is an upside down ₩ for Won. The Korean currency.

Which makes sense, as she is a capitalist, so would have jewelry made after money, she is a millenial so she would blatantly culturally appropriate, and she is the silver spooned relative of a rich old white man, so she is stupid as gently caress and wears it upside down.

It is indeed a good and normal thing I have done by analyzing the jewelry of lesser board game characters, and not at all stupid or pointless.

maybe it stands for Woolongs and this is a prequel to Cowboy Bebop

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/status/1259646542182363136?s=21

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

https://twitter.com/thedis/status/1257306265622966277?s=21

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
At least the my face is a Disney character ones are cute and new prints. Some of those Mickey and Minnie ones and the other repeating patterns are clearly using extra fabric from the underwear bolts and will make it look like you have an 8 year olds underpants strapped to your face.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

zedprime posted:

You don't understand. It's logically consistent. After the climactic unveiling of the Ms Monopoly boardgame, there is a denouement where the young women receive education grants! It's about women inventors! Why are you still laughing?

*Ms Monopoly is a latte sipping venture capitalist and we are one step closer to proving we are in hell*
https://twitter.com/Stevehastweeted/status/1259277719159877633

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

zedprime posted:

At least the my face is a Disney character ones are cute and new prints. Some of those Mickey and Minnie ones and the other repeating patterns are clearly using extra fabric from the underwear bolts and will make it look like you have an 8 year olds underpants strapped to your face.
Yeah, that's probably a bad marketing move. Most libertarians I know are anti-mask.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
They're more into using the swirl tool, if I recall.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!

Volcott posted:

I got it. Also I loving hate you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Volcott posted:

:drat: :drat: :drat:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Such classic Millennial possessions as: Jet planes.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Jesus christ this is almost reading like a parody. loving poe's law

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oh no, the Millennial edition of Monopoly is an entirely different one. I'm sure jet plane ownership is 50/50 men/women though!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Taylor Swift's fight song spontaneously starts playing every time you open the loving box

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I still don’t quite understand the reverse pay gap. Is it an attempt to teach men that discrimination sucks or just a girl power thing.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

christmas boots posted:

I still don’t quite understand the reverse pay gap. Is it an attempt to teach men that discrimination sucks or just a girl power thing.
Hard to say.

But, Feminism!

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hard to say.

But, Feminism!

That is good late game, crippling early game.

I suppose that's the point

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hard to say.

But, Feminism!

Does that mean dudes who draw that card get $350? Like, it doesn't have the word "instead" anywhere. It also doesn't have "also" anywhere. Monopoly cards have never needed this level of granularity and it's super obvious these ones are just meant to start fights.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Somfin posted:

Does that mean dudes who draw that card get $350? Like, it doesn't have the word "instead" anywhere. It also doesn't have "also" anywhere. Monopoly cards have never needed this level of granularity and it's super obvious these ones are just meant to start fights.

It's not a real monopoly game until the kids are grounded, mom is silently sobbing at the kitchen table, and dad stepped out "to get some air, drat it!"

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Somfin posted:

I want a card that follows this up with "you posted on Twitter about what a woke feminist you are, but then got doxxed for asking for nudes in dm's. Go directly to jail."

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Play Monopoly rules as written and the game ends inside an hour with everyone bored but not angry

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

mind the walrus posted:

Taylor Swift's fight song spontaneously starts playing every time you open the loving box

It’s a good song but it’s by Rachel platten although Taylor swift has done some covers hth

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

oldpainless posted:

It’s a good song but it’s by Rachel platten although Taylor swift has done some covers hth

...I've spent the last four years thinking that was a Kelly Clarkson song

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I am about to lose my goddamn temper

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I don't hear no Fight Song playing

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
I'm the wine glass that they put in the game as a token and then the copy writer had to spin it afterwards.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Len posted:

Play Monopoly rules as written and the game ends inside an hour with everyone bored but not angry

They've actually added the common house rules that make the game take forever to official rules at this point, FYI.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Moon Monster posted:

They've actually added the common house rules that make the game take forever to official rules at this point, FYI.

As of Stranger Things Monopoly they did not

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

They've not been consistent about it I think. It was definitely in Monopoly Junior.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Somfin posted:

Does that mean dudes who draw that card get $350? Like, it doesn't have the word "instead" anywhere. It also doesn't have "also" anywhere.
If you read some of the other cards you see the same ambiguity. I'm guessing they didn't expect anyone to actually play it so they didn't bother making the rules clear or worry about whether it even works as a game.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Qwertycoatl posted:

They've not been consistent about it I think. It was definitely in Monopoly Junior.

I forget which version exactly I saw it in (I want to say Doctor Who Monopoly, but my family had a few special edition Monopoly copies from around the 00s and early 10s), but I know there's ones that actually discourage certain well-known houserules for dragging the game out. I remember they specifically call out the Free Parking lottery.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Hasbro as a whole went through a transition of 'okay let's try to make our game stronger by reminding people the sort of pace the game's meant to have--oh, people want it worse? gently caress it, then, we'll make it worse'.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Cleretic posted:

I forget which version exactly I saw it in (I want to say Doctor Who Monopoly, but my family had a few special edition Monopoly copies from around the 00s and early 10s), but I know there's ones that actually discourage certain well-known houserules for dragging the game out. I remember they specifically call out the Free Parking lottery.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Hasbro as a whole went through a transition of 'okay let's try to make our game stronger by reminding people the sort of pace the game's meant to have--oh, people want it worse? gently caress it, then, we'll make it worse'.
Imagine if they put that much effort into making the game actually fun

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I haven't actually played Monopoly in something like a decade but the last time I did the free parking lottery was in the rules, to my surprise and dismay. Maybe board game nerds sent them enough angry letters since then that they've removed it? If so good on them, I guess.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

For those of us who have stayed well away from Monopoly since we were eight and visiting our grandma's house, what's the free parking lottery rule? :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Anticheese posted:

For those of us who have stayed well away from Monopoly since we were eight and visiting our grandma's house, what's the free parking lottery rule? :shobon:

You're not supposed to get any money from free parking. The house rule that gives you something for landing there just prolongs the game.