Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So my friend is still looking for one variant of the teacup ride - the pastel version. If anyone has that and is willing to trade, please let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I’m getting a second switch for animal crossing. I have a family online account. Will both switches be able to play online together if using separate profiles? How about with the same profile? If someone logs onto AC with my profile on the primary switch, will it kick me off on the secondary if I have physical copies on both?

I read about the restrictions on digital copies on the secondary switch and it put me off digital downloads completely. I’m gonna buy physical copies of games, I’m not dealing with those headaches.

Dren fucked around with this message at 02:12 on May 12, 2020

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yes using seperate profiles both systems can play online at once, but one of the profiles has to be the one you bought it under, on your secondary switch. There other profile can be any profile on your primary switch

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Yes using seperate profiles both systems can play online at once, but one of the profiles has to be the one you bought it under, on your secondary switch. There other profile can be any profile on your primary switch

I have two physical copies of the game. It is my understanding that with physical copies the account the game is bought under isnt a thing.

What happens if I’m playing on the secondary and someone logs into AC on my account on the primary?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Starting this weekend on May 15th, a new Animal Crossing themed Tetris Maximus event will take place! I have every themed board they've done so far in Tetris 99; it only takes an hour or so to grind up the points. Stoked!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Dren posted:

I have two physical copies of the game. It is my understanding that with physical copies the account the game is bought under isnt a thing.

What happens if I’m playing on the secondary and someone logs into AC on my account on the primary?

If this is gonna screw me over I guess I can make a new nintendo account that is only on the secondary switch and add it to my family plan

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

SilentChaz posted:

Opening the gates of Mau-Mau again because the island is having its first-ever meteor shower!

Dodo Code: CLOSED

Nooks has the lava lamp in yellow and the diner sign in red/pink. Able Sisters have biker jackets, football shirts and helmets, sleeved apron, pleather pants, cheerleading uniform, racing outfit and jockey's helmet

Fang is making a wooden-plank sign. His house is on the eastern edge of the beach.

I cleared away trees and whatnot at the top of the island on the west side for meteor shower viewing.

No tips or anything. Just water the flowers if you feel like it.

Closed for the night. Thanks for stopping by and making the first meteor shower a success!

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Holy poo poo yeah it is.

Steve Yun posted:

I can’t find a Switch for less than $500 right now so I’m going to emu the original AC

I specifically bought my switch ~1 week before the COVID close-down here, because I was told by some retail folks I know that they were expecting a worldwide shortage with the release of the game. Very glad I did, too - this game's helped keep me sane through inordinate amounts of socially isolated boredom.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I’m sure it’s been asked but I can’t find an answer: why am I limited to only have 7 villages in my town at a time? Trying to get up to 10 to unlock terraforming and none are coming to the campsite or when I fly to islands.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Louisgod posted:

I’m sure it’s been asked but I can’t find an answer: why am I limited to only have 7 villages in my town at a time? Trying to get up to 10 to unlock terraforming and none are coming to the campsite or when I fly to islands.

Have you built more empty lots? You have to buy the lots from Tom and place them before anyone else will move in.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Did you purchase the plot from Nook? You need empty plots to encounter new villagers.

e. Beaten

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the Devil. Boredom makes men to villains.

DorkBot3000 posted:

Sorry, everyone! Had another Communication Error! :(

If you were trying to get to the Ironwood Dresser diy; I've opened up again but using turnip exchange this time cause a LOT of people seem to want this and it sucks to get stuck for 20 minutes while people show up then you get kicked out. Hope this helps with that, haha... :/

Turnip exchange: CLOSED

This one might have been caused by me, the power went out while I was on your island. Some mook hit a pole and took out power for half the city. I am so sorry.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Have you built more empty lots? You have to buy the lots from Tom and place them before anyone else will move in.

DorkBot3000 posted:

Did you purchase the plot from Nook? You need empty plots to encounter new villagers.

e. Beaten

God dammit that was exactly it, didn’t know that was the next step, and it was hidden under a weird “I want to sel land” option, thanks!

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

KineticCapitalist posted:

This one might have been caused by me, the power went out while I was on your island. Some mook hit a pole and took out power for half the city. I am so sorry.

Hey, don't worry about it. :) I honestly just assumed it was my own internet being stupid, since it happened twice.

Louisgod posted:

God dammit that was exactly it, didn’t know that was the next step, and it was hidden under a weird “I want to sel land” option, thanks!

Yeah, that part is a bit obtuse. Glad you got it now though!

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Opening Kinetica for a little bit.

Nooks have a grand piano for 260,000sold
Sahara is here.
It is Cherry's birthday.
There is a ton of free crap on the left side beach.
Fauna is crafting bamboo sphere

Dodo code: F6VBQCLOSED

KineticCapitalist fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 12, 2020

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

SilentChaz posted:

Closed for the night. Thanks for stopping by and making the first meteor shower a success!

Thanks for hosting! Your island is very nice!

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Okay, it's raining, Saharah's here, and Peanut and Dizzy are both in boxes. Everything else is closed but come on over.

Dodo code: nope!

And we're closed!

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 12, 2020

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I found a nintendo support answer for one of my questions, what happens if the same nintendo online acct tries to play AC on two different switches? The answer was the support guy doesn’t know. https://en-americas-support.nintend...endo-account%3F

I imagine it doesn’t work or if it does, the two players under the same account can’t visit each other’s islands. I might test it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lol

https://twitter.com/totakekesokuhou/status/1259860816678973440?s=20

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

This is the content I live for.

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Opening Kinetica for a little bit.

Nooks have a grand piano for 260,000sold
Sahara is here.
It is Cherry's birthday.
There is a ton of free crap on the left side beach.
Fauna is crafting bamboo sphere

Dodo code: F6VBQCLOSED

The Kinetica board of tourism would like to thank all the kind folks who visited our humble island.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This happened really suddenly, but that bastard Boots is moving, and he's in boxes right now.

If you want a Jock alligator who dresses like a clown, now's your chance.

8FXJT

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

The Kinetica board of tourism would like to thank all the kind folks who visited our humble island.

I would like to thank the board while they waited patiently for me to run back to my own island so I could sell fish to get enough bells to buy that piano to class up my marble bathroom.

Gonna live that Bourgeois life while taking a dump awwwww yeah

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Chicken Doodle posted:

I would like to thank the board while they waited patiently for me to run back to my own island so I could sell fish to get enough bells to buy that piano to class up my marble bathroom.

Gonna live that Bourgeois life while taking a dump awwwww yeah
We are nothing if not patient.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Goddamn I missed the Ironwood Dresser DIY fuckkkklk

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Dren posted:

I found a nintendo support answer for one of my questions, what happens if the same nintendo online acct tries to play AC on two different switches? The answer was the support guy doesn’t know. https://en-americas-support.nintend...endo-account%3F

I imagine it doesn’t work or if it does, the two players under the same account can’t visit each other’s islands. I might test it.

I have one online copy and one physical copy and as long as the physical copy is in the secondary switch I can use the same profile on both.

You’ll be good to go having 2 physical copies.

I have used local play to visit myself before and exchange items/recipes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

This happened really suddenly, but that bastard Boots is moving, and he's in boxes right now.

8FXJT

Whoops, ran out of batteries while I was cooking. Just PM me if you want this guy. Only 3 hours left!!

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Anybody got any thoughts as to how much money you should aim for before you don't really need any more?

I currently have 4 mil in savings (have paid off all my loans) and will probably get about another 6m by the time I've sold all my turnips this week. I've got 2x bridges on my island, but no inclines yet, and I haven't started shaping my island into something interesting. My wife also has ~7m in savings right now.

Ideally I'd like to go for a pretty heavy themed island like some of the impressive ones you see on youtube.

Is 10m going to be more than I can realistically ever spend?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

Anybody got any thoughts as to how much money you should aim for before you don't really need any more?

I currently have 4 mil in savings (have paid off all my loans) and will probably get about another 6m by the time I've sold all my turnips this week. I've got 2x bridges on my island, but no inclines yet, and I haven't started shaping my island into something interesting. My wife also has ~7m in savings right now.

Ideally I'd like to go for a pretty heavy themed island like some of the impressive ones you see on youtube.

Is 10m going to be more than I can realistically ever spend?

Probably, yea. A lot of stuff costs like 100K+ and all of your house upgraded total something like 6M, but after a point, bells just exist for the sake of existing. Especially if you do the stalk market.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Something to consider if you're going to go for a heavily themed island is making additional switch profiles just to have extra houses to use as a restaurant, library, etc. It's about a couple million to upgrade to an attic, which is when you can customize the entire look of the outside.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/miltank211/status/1259619519745548288?s=21

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Please don't post videos of people dying in this wholesome thread.

LonelyMudkip
Jul 19, 2016

Opening up Kotare for a couple hours! It's currently 7:20pm 9pm, Southern Hemisphere, cherries native. I'll be open at least until Nooks closes. I'm looking for a Pachy Skull and a Megacero Torso, if anyones got spares! I'll be mostly AFK having dinner.

Code: closed

Edit: shops are closed now, so I'm closing too. Thanks everyone who stopped by!

LonelyMudkip fucked around with this message at 11:05 on May 12, 2020

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Less than half an hour left until Boots vanishes forever! PM me if you want him.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie
Opening up Hildaland while I do some IRL chores. I have quite a few DIY recipes up for grabs in front of Diva's house, just west of the airport. Feel free to use the shops, fish, catch bugs, explore and take fruit from the orchard in the west if you need anything! Northern hemisphere, local time currently 10:38 AM.

Renee is currently crafting an Apple Dress.

Code: Closed. Thanks to everyone who came by, I hope you had a good time and cheers for the notice board messages!

Peanut Butter fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 12, 2020

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I was looking for a smug villager for my final dude and Jaques arrived at my campsite today, but I've already got 2 Birds and one Duck damnit! Do campsite people only ask to replace other villagers once you've got all 10?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

LonelyMudkip posted:

Opening up Kotare for a couple hours! It's currently 7:20pm 9pm, Southern Hemisphere, cherries native. I'll be open at least until Nooks closes. I'm looking for a Pachy Skull and a Megacero Torso, if anyones got spares! I'll be mostly AFK having dinner.

Code: N1N3J

- Help yourself to fruit, fossils and recipes! Also got some free items on the beach south of the town square.
- Able Sisters is closed now.
- Nook's Cranny has unlimited bottled ships and soup kettles, one yellow lava lamp, and the seeds are roses/lilies/mums. Hot items are barbell and simple well.
- Fossils: Brachio chest/skull, Plesio skull/tail, Parasaur skull, Megacero skull/tail, Opthalmo skull, Right ptera wing, Archelon skull, Spino skull, Sabertooth tail, Ankylo Tail, Iguanadon skull, Shark-tooth pattern, Coprolite, Trilobite, Amber

Your island is gorgeous and your villagers are great! I see you also have Undertale music as your island theme, a great choice that denotes your good taste. I left some bells for you in a secret location. Btw, to anyone else planning to visit Kotare, Whitney is crafting a timber doorplate.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

track day bro! posted:

I was looking for a smug villager for my final dude and Jaques arrived at my campsite today, but I've already got 2 Birds and one Duck damnit! Do campsite people only ask to replace other villagers once you've got all 10?

Yeah, pretty sure they only replace when you@re at full capacity.

You can always buy nook mile tickets

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Calico Heart posted:

Yeah, pretty sure they only replace when you@re at full capacity.

You can always buy nook mile tickets

I still havent figured out where to put my last plot, also I wish we could have more than 10 villagers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

TheBizzness posted:

I have one online copy and one physical copy and as long as the physical copy is in the secondary switch I can use the same profile on both.

You’ll be good to go having 2 physical copies.

I have used local play to visit myself before and exchange items/recipes.

thank you, this was difficult to research and I’d resigned to just testing the various scenarios out.