Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I would put chewing gum on the ground so the robot would get stuck lolol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
*Puts banana peel on ground in path of robo-dog*

Haha, let's see what happens with this...

*Is arrested for littering and dragged off before anything happens because it's Singapore*

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Chomp8645 posted:

*Is arrested for littering and dragged off before anything happens because it's Singapore*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf7IEVTDjng&t=87s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jvLalY6ubc

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

taqueso posted:

I would put chewing gum on the ground so the robot would get stuck lolol

you’d probably get 50 lashes and never be able to walk right again

the Singapore justice system is hosed is

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1259895112152293377
This campaign just keeps getting better and better. Just try and imagine how insane it will be by November. You can't.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Koishi Komeiji posted:

This campaign just keeps getting better and better. Just try and imagine how insane it will be by November. You can't.

Hatsune MeToo

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

:staredog:

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

This might work, he looks the most energetic and lifelike he has looked in months. "Rapping with the kids" must really get Joe going.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

absolutely amazing

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

the dog would slip but then easily reclaim its balance and youd be owned

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

haha

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:nsavince:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

:vince:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

*Robo-dog recreates the boardroom scene from Robocop on you*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A giant robo biden stomping through the American heartland... forever

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/SamBendett/status/1259857226019344384

quote:

When a teammate is struggling with depression, mental health or other psychological issues, it can have a debilitating effect on the entire team. During a military operation, those issues, if left unaddressed, can lead to mission failure, injury and death.

To prevent mental health issues from becoming a problem on the battlefield, the Defense Innovation Unit—a team within the Defense Department that taps nontraditional contractors to bring the latest technologies to the military—wants to develop predictive artificial intelligence that can flag behavior changes in a service member.

DIU issued a solicitation using its other transaction authority—a procurement method outside the Federal Acquisition Regulation—to find an AI solution that can “aggregate, structure, and analyze data sets, capture insights, and enable an organization to better support its members who exhibit behavioral changes that may indicate increased vulnerability.” The project was dubbed “Vigilant Keeper.”

While the solicitation does not provide specific insight into the kinds of vulnerabilities DIU is concerned about, behavior changes can be caused by a number of factors, including underlying mental health issues and physical or mental trauma. In some cases, sudden behavioral changes are accompanied by confusion and loss of consciousness or “threatening, irrational or suicidal behavior,” according to healthgrades.com.

“Vulnerability in this case refers specifically to circumstances and behaviors that place members at higher risk of involvement in activities and situations likely to produce unwanted negative outcomes, for both people and the mission,” the solicitation states. “Enhancing analytic capability would enable the DoD to better triage and care for members in need while decreasing false positives that strain existing resources.”

Winning vendors will have 12 months to develop working prototypes able to supplement the work of DOD medical professionals.

“It should drive improvements where the organization already collects and maintains intervention statistics, decrease false positives and integrate to decrease user workload while increasing accuracy,” the call for proposals states.

The solicitation includes eight requirements:

Build and maintain unique behavioral models representing individuals over time.
Build and maintain unique historical-record tags for individuals using static data over time.
Identify individual behavioral deviations from their unique baseline models along with separate anomaly detection based on user-provided guidelines.
Create output and displays optimized to the information delivery needs of primary users, including full transparency into how and why the data drove the output—e.g. alerts, insights, graphics, histograms, timelines, recommendations, etc.
Precisely steer support professionals toward the most acute individual needs—i.e., triage those who need help soonest.
Enable acceleration of existing proactive measures aimed at reducing members' vulnerability and the number of associated negative outcomes.
Comply with privacy, civil liberties, ethics, legal authority and other business considerations governing applicable personnel management missions.
Include data storage, processing and iterative human-machine interface development in collaboration with primary users.

Vendors must also be U.S.-based and owned, “and all personnel working this effort in any capacity must be U.S. citizens,” the solicitation states.

Skynet but designed to get soldiers to stop killing themselves/ otherwise breaking.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I don't know how you post the robot dogs and not the scottish version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdlk4qi02rY

and yes, it shows what happens if it slips on a banana

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Armadillo Tank posted:

Skynet but designed to get soldiers to stop killing themselves/ otherwise breaking.

The Turks used a welder.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Armadillo Tank posted:

All The Troubles of the World by Issac Asimov posted:

Gulliman pounded his desk in fury. “But why, why, why? drat you, why? What
is wrong with it? Can’t it be fixed?”
“I don’t think so,” said Othman, in soft despair. “I’ve never thought about this
before. I’ve never had the occasion to until this happened, but now that I think of it, it
seems to me we have reached the end of the road because Multivac is too good.
Multivac has grown so complicated, its reactions are no longer those of a machine, but
those of a living thing.”
“You’re mad, but even so?”
“For fifty years and more we have been loading humanity’s troubles on Multivac, on
this living thing. We’ve asked it to care for us, all together and each individually.
We’ve asked it to take all our secrets into itself; we’ve asked it to absorb our evil and
guard us against it. Each of us bring his troubles to it, adding his bit to the burden.
Now we are planning to load the burden of human disease on Multivac, too.”
Othman paused a moment, then burst out, “Mr. Gulliman, Multivac bears all the
troubles of the world on its shoulders and it is tired.”
“Madness. Midsummer madness,” muttered Gulliman.
“Then let me show you something. Let me put it to the test. May I have permission
to use the Multivac circuit line here in your office?”
“Why?”
“To ask it a question no one has ever asked Multivac before.”
“Will you do it harm?” asked Gulliman in quick alarm.
“No. But it will tell us what we want to know.”
The Chairman hesitated a trifle. Then he said, “Go ahead.”
Othman used the instrument on Gulliman’s desk. His fingers punched out the
question with deft strokes: ‘Multivac, what do you yourself want more than anything
else?’
The moment between question and answer lengthened unbearably, but neither
Othman nor Gulliman breathed.
And there was a clicking and a card popped out. It was a small card. On it, in
precise letters, was the answer:
‘I want to die.’

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
real mood there MV

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

holy poo poo

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Could someone please explain, for the geriatrics in the thread?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Thanatosian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwJ1i5lCw0M

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Koishi Komeiji posted:

This was literally a Silicon Valley joke...

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bag em and tag em posted:

This was literally a Silicon Valley joke...

Silicon Valley is based on real stupidity (except when reality is too ridiculous for the show.)

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

drat.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Thanatosian posted:

Hatsune Miku is a fictional popstar that appears as a hologram

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Hatsune Miku is a fictional popstar that appears as a hologram

A fictional popstar that appears as a hologram would be something from a fictional narrative. Hatsune Miku appears as a hologram and is a popstar in real life.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

eSports Chaebol posted:

A fictional popstar that appears as a hologram would be something from a fictional narrative. Hatsune Miku appears as a hologram and is a popstar in real life.

Rei Toei did it first

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

pmchem posted:

Rei Toei did it first
Only after Sharon Apple.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

A nude, hung, glistening bright pink giant Joe Biden bending over to sniff your hair Blade Runner 2049 style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Pitch posted:

Only after Sharon Apple.