Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Charun posted:

donno about suicide rates, but accidents have remained about the same because people are driving like maniacs on the empty roads

I also though plasma would be a good treatment (if impractical large scale), turns out that plasma is full of clotting factors, which are best buddies with Coronachan

noice

god only does 30%? slacker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Admiral Ray posted:

it may take a while to reach the critical mass necessary for rapid spread, or it could be that people are falsely identifying the case:

I dunno how much I'd trust this.

They were just looking at CT scans to identify the case?

Googled "broken glass on lung CT scan"

Know what else causes that besides coronaviruses?

pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP/PJP)

cytomegalovirus (CMV) pneumonia

herpes simplex virus (HSV) pneumonia

respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) bronchiolitis: type of infectious bronchiolitis

herpesviridae

eosinophilic pneumonias:

simple pulmonary eosinophilia (SPE): 

idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome (IHS): 

acute eosinophilic pneumonia (AEP):

eosinophilic drug reactions: 

idiopathic interstitial pneumonias 

non-specific interstitial pneumonia:

usual interstitial pneumonia (UIP):

cryptogenic organizing pneumonia (COP): 

exudative phase of acute interstitial pneumonia (AIP): 

respiratory bronchiolitis-associated interstitial lung disease (RB-ILD): 

desquamative interstitial pneumonia (DIP):

lymphoid interstitial pneumonia (LIP): 

sarcoidosis (pulmonary manifestations of sarcoidosis)

alveolar edema or pulmonary edema

cardiogenic pulmonary edema

adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)

other causes of non-cardiogenic pulmonary edema

hypersensitivity pneumonitis: especially acute and subacute forms
neoplastic processes with a lepidic proliferation pattern

atypical adenomatous hyperplasia

localized adenocarcinoma

adenocarcinoma in situ or minimally invasive (formerly bronchoalveolar cell carcinoma)

drug toxicity

Not sure I'd trust it either unless they followed that up with PCR tests

Charun
Feb 8, 2003

got any sevens posted:

god only does 30%? slacker

actually the plasma probably did nothing at that stage of the disease, so it was 100% god
ofc god also gave him the virus

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Oooo you got quoted oooo no you didn't it's just a graph

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

mystes posted:

Nah, rich people enjoy making everyone come into work and the risk of people getting infected just makes that more fun.

were u raised by rich people

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/bornmiserable/status/1260045153374359553

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Oooo you got quoted oooo no you didn't it's just a graph

the perfect graph

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

imagine knowing who "bryan adams" is

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

‘bat eating’ and ‘wet market’ nomenclature aside it isn’t really racist to criticize the horror show that is an unregulated seafood market when there’s maybe only a few in a city of 10 million, which most people would probably never go to because it’s weird, and expensive. seems like it would be a better not to concern troll and devalue anti-racism, because it’s the equivalent to posting that all Americans eat rattlesnake, in conclusion no angels

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Man Musk posted:

‘bat eating’ and ‘wet market’ nomenclature aside it isn’t really racist to criticize the horror show that is an unregulated seafood market when there’s maybe only a few in a city of 10 million, which most people would probably never go to because it’s weird, and expensive. seems like it would be a better not to concern troll and devalue anti-racism, because it’s the equivalent to posting that all Americans eat rattlesnake, in conclusion no angels

it's sinophobic garbage, op

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Western countries: "See, China is lying about their numbers. Quick action against another wave proves they were irresponsible about this."

Also western countries: Keep testing to a minimum to keep numbers low.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Google Butt posted:

imagine knowing who "bryan adams" is

I am not white, yes.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Man Musk posted:

They're calling every single chinese person greedy bastards blaming them for the pandemic, you dunce

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

I bet bat wings would crisp up really nice if you fried them. You could do them like el bulli rabbit ears.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Forceholy posted:

Western countries: "See, China is lying about their numbers. Quick action against another wave proves they were irresponsible about this."

Also western countries: Keep testing to a minimum to keep numbers low.

we've got a great combo of old style CIA narrative crafting trying to pin the blame on an international threat to us power and new style lazy/stupid/evil/demented trump gaslighting because that's what he does. It's hard to pick out which parts are just trumpy and which parts are a concerted effort that will probably persist into the next admin (lmao if u think we'll ever have another administration). I think long term the USA doesn't really want to step on the toes of china too much but the USA also doesn't want the world to "know" (they actually already know) we have an insane lovely leader so our institutions are trying to manufacture justifications for the insane, lovely things he keeps saying. We've basically destroyed decades of international "credibility" under trump and our institutions have no way to deal with it so we're gettin' some real hypernormal mitigation

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
whatever sticks around in the media longest is probably being worked by intelligence, like the "China is reporting false numbers says secret CIA report" poo poo that has been circulating for a week

the CIA can have actual flunkies leak poo poo to the press to mint it with the qualities of reality

white house bullshit has to be shoveled around by Trump and all his cronies and splattered onto the media and regurgitated by the death cult, but it never lasts very long without a lot of refrain

also Trump manages to keep his bullshit away from the professional stuff

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Three months in and we're now doing contact tracing.

Also immigrants are being blamed for spreading the virus because "they don't understand social distancing". Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

like p sure all china has to do is keep on keepin' on and they can win a new empire in asia just by not being a total fuckup as the usa stumbles down the roni stairs repeatedly making a conscious effort to fall in the most damaging ways possible

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

and by "new empire" I mean like, maybe a sympathetic reunified north/south korea and maybe they install a puppet government in thailand/myanmar and the other ailing countries that aren't going to see china as any worse than the USA. Philippines will be speaking only mandrin within 5 years because duterte gonna cut some BIG LEAGUE DEALS

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

it's sinophobic garbage, op

Antonymous posted:

They're calling every single chinese person greedy bastards blaming them for the pandemic, you dunce

They’re both garbage. Ain’t going to solve coronavirus with sanctimony and smarm.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol giving enough of a poo poo to post at ppl saying the word siniphpvia

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Everyone is saying how poo poo it is for Bryan Adams to say that stuff but no one is facing the cold hard reality that we could have been eating bats 30 years ago and stopped him a lot sooner.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

idk why anyone would expect professional wrestlers to be cautious with social media hottakes

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

kater posted:

lol giving enough of a poo poo to post at ppl saying the word siniphpvia

I love chatting with my friends.

Seriously though, it’s too easy to blame the cia for everything wrong when your own agency consists of scoring points with the base and losing elections.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

FizFashizzle posted:

This thing is going to end up living in the nerve cells i guarantee it

instead of shingles we can call it cringles!

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Inceltown posted:

Don't get your hopes up. It was his first time public speaking at length in a while and was likely just caused by that.

In the off chance he does have it though I will drink to his ill health.

It's pretty funny tho

https://twitter.com/ElizaJBarr/status/1260063529836490752

mystes
May 31, 2006

Man Musk posted:

were u raised by rich people
I wish.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Inceltown posted:

Everyone is saying how poo poo it is for Bryan Adams to say that stuff but no one is facing the cold hard reality that we could have been eating bats 30 years ago and stopped him a lot sooner.
Ozzy tried to stop him almost as soon as he appeared, but was savagely attacked for it.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/1260125588095819777?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/DavidNakamura/status/1260161009723019265?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

remember when Ben Carson was put in charge of coronoa response

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

9 million years, what a buffoon

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

cash crab posted:

anyone know why worldometres isn't updating anymore?

yeah something is up. i have been following the death numbers day by day and they suddenly now feel like someone is massaging the numbers. until now the number has been ramping up pretty consistently, but now almost nothing

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i mean if the pattern holds, Wed/Thu/Fri are the biggest reporting days, for whatever reason

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Has anyone gotten any dental work done during this outbreak? I've got an appointment to get a couple large cavities taken care of this week and it feels like an insanely dangerous place to be. I really don't want to do it now, but I don't want to lose my back molars either. :(

My dad has a filling fall out a few weeks ago and had to go in to get that fixed. Just him and the dentist in the office, even more sanitary than usual.

The risk is more to the dentist or staff getting sick from you than the other way around I think.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

ryanrs posted:

I bet bat wings would crisp up really nice if you fried them. You could do them like el bulli rabbit ears.

go gently caress yourself you cruel man

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Has anyone gotten any dental work done during this outbreak? I've got an appointment to get a couple large cavities taken care of this week and it feels like an insanely dangerous place to be. I really don't want to do it now, but I don't want to lose my back molars either. :(

in my extremely ordinary internet guy opinion the longer you wait the more time the virus will have to spread and your odds get worse. a vaccine or successful supportive treatment isn't going to be available for a very long time.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Ebola Roulette posted:

They were just looking at CT scans to identify the case?

Googled "broken glass on lung CT scan"

Know what else causes that besides coronaviruses?

Ebola Roulette is a pretty good forum name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Nope. I had some ready, but cancelled it early. I don't even know if they will still exist afterwards, and I paid cash in advance.