Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I'm not sure which is worse, the credulous comments from 3 years ago or this person from 3 days ago:

"God I have so many amazing questions....is the combat matchmaking or would you have to find people in the galaxy and choose whether not to fight? Is there gear or any cool cosmetics? Can you team with your friends? Will the explorable planets be boring or full of life and creatures? This is the game I hoped no man sky would be but this is a whole new and better level"

What is can never hope to compare to what could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I'm not sure which is worse, the credulous comments from 3 years ago or this person from 3 days ago:

"God I have so many amazing questions....is the combat matchmaking or would you have to find people in the galaxy and choose whether not to fight? Is there gear or any cool cosmetics? Can you team with your friends? Will the explorable planets be boring or full of life and creatures? This is the game I hoped no man sky would be but this is a whole new and better level"

Ok, yeah the comments on that video have aged like a fine wine-

"Chris Roberts is like the Elon Musk of video games" is the absolute best take ever.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

The answer to all those questions is of course a resounding YES! You can do anything you want in the verse. Just close your eyes and believie it and it will come true. Also give money to CIG. Lots of money.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Was this posted already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBEuR1Za0y4

quote:

Whoa is that star citizen?

From reddit:

DColson-CIG posted:

Star Citizen dev here! And can I say this looks stunning! I personally love Animal Crossing too and I'm all for space games that are less about combat and more about experiencing space. I shared this around the office and we like it a lot, wishing you the best in development and hoping we can play it sooner rather than later!

iron buns fucked around with this message at 07:42 on May 12, 2020

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I tried this poo poo for about an hour, and died twice, including one fall through the terrain beneath hurston.

The seat in my Aurora kept disappearing while I was sitting in it, even though I had already launched. It forced me to stand up while the poo poo kept flying into things, and when I got out I exited under the pad. Not only did I fall through the ground, there were two broken NPCs there as well.

Also, when I finally managed to launch and maintain control, I couldn't exit the bay because the landing bay doors were closed and there was no obvious enough way to open them up. So I just flew into a wall and woke up in the wankpod.

Game of the Year 2012-2020 and counting.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

We're all going on a fudster holiday
No patch working for a week or two.
Fun and laughter on our fudster holiday,
No more gameplay for me or you,
For a patch or two.

We're going where the UI shines brightly
We're going where the pixel is blue.
Chris has seen it on the movies,
Now let's see if it's poo.

Everybody has a fudster holiday
Clipping through things they always wanted to
So we're going on a fudster holiday,
Pay to make our dreams come true
For Chris not you.
For Chris not you.

By Cliff "gently caress you Skyrim, I play Star Citizen" Richards.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

Did I see someone mention there's a Free Fly coming up soon? Had a look on the googles but can't find nuffin.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Did I see someone mention there's a Free Fly coming up soon? Had a look on the googles but can't find nuffin.

Yeah there's a 'Fleet Week' special coming up that hasn't been officially given a date.

The particularly interesting bit about it is the dataminers were able to find a bunch of different references to various different skins for the F-900X-Treme Lightning ship thing (the one that is supposed to be your big bad endgame ship in SQ42) that has previously only been able to be acquired if you reach the $10k + tier. They previously had said they wouldn't sell the ship as it was a reward for completing the single-player and Ben even was on record ages ago saying they wouldn't sell it because "even we have some scruples".

Oh the good old days.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Yup, no real info about it yet, just that its coming.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Kosumo posted:

It's wired for bugs?

Nice. ;)

Dooguk posted:

Philip Schofield* came out quicker.

*If you are American and don't get the reference, now you know how l feel watching Family Guy.

Schofield would love the hot sexy bear action of the Star citizen world (i’m only joking,he’s a national treasure).

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 10:58 on May 12, 2020

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Cliff Richard and The shadows (are dark and full of lust).

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

zxqv8 posted:

Not only did I fall through the ground, there were two broken NPCs there as well.

lol

I often wonder how much of their performance issues are down to subsumed NPCs clawing at the insides of edifices

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Pixelate posted:

lol

I often wonder how much of their performance issues are down to subsumed NPCs clawing at the insides of edifices

They're in the walls.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

iron buns posted:

Was this posted already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBEuR1Za0y4

From reddit:

pretty sure they are not controlling the ship and it is just following a path, it looks.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

1:9 crobbear NPC ratio

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
when Calder asks what happened to those 46 million dollars

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Does a bear poo poo in the money tree?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Store Citizer: I pledge therefore I am

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Colostomy Bag posted:

Does a bear poo poo in the money tree?

Was Humpty Dumpty fat? Does the Pope wear a funny hat? Is wrestling fixed?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Agony Aunt posted:

Is wrestling fixed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKECiyIsq3I

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

SPOT THE CROBEAR!

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Upper middle class" just means "rich"

Re-derailing, but this is what the actual rich want you to think. From the perspective of roughly the 0.05% and upwards there is no difference between someone making $40,000 and the people making $200,000 annually.
The family living in the McMansion has far more in common with the guy working a minimum wage job than they do with the guy who owns a private island and multiple architect-designed homes.

But the guy in the McMansion will still vote and act as if they're actually the private island guy.

The class war needs an alliance between the impoverished and the middle class but the middle class is too busy thinking that they're rich. Sure, the profligate spending of a guy like Clifford disgusts me but it's irrelevant in the face of mega-corporations and tax-dodging billionaires.

Bring out the guillotines.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Ebaumsworld holy poo poo :laffo:

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Agony Aunt posted:

Was Humpty Dumpty fat? Does the Pope wear a funny hat? Is wrestling fixed?

Now look, I can't bring myself to actively participate in this bear smuggling trainwreck but that doesn't mean I can let a Carter USM reference go by completely unremarked on here, a sub forum of the comedy website something awful dot com.

A powerful move, good work.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

orcane posted:

Ebaumsworld holy poo poo :laffo:

Didn't notice that, godamn, it's still going

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

IcarusUpHigh posted:

SPOT THE CROBEAR!

Hiding in the branches with fidelity on his mind.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I've been playing a similar game in VR for the last week or so called Ultrawings where you basically pilot a bunch of planes by using your hand controllers as throttle/joystick. It's surprisingly intuitive, I tried switching over to my actual HOTAS setup and found that I was enjoying the hand controls a lot more. For a PS4 - to - PC port, it's got enough content to justify the $15 price tag as well. But man I'm just skeptical as gently caress of any low-poly VR game these days. I just assume they're going to be 40 dollar Unity asset flips with like 1 moderately-amusing gimmick that ceases to amuse after two or three minutes.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:iiasb:

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Oh I dunno if this is standard for everyone or what, but everywhere I went, NPCs were just standing on chairs:

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

zxqv8 posted:

Oh I dunno if this is standard for everyone or what, but everywhere I went, NPCs were just standing on chairs:

:allears:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

zxqv8 posted:

The patch notes said this should be fixed.

They are right.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

You want a critique on this one?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dwesa posted:

Just show him store prices and some nice videos of fidelitous animations from this thread.

And the Chris Roberts Plays Star Citizen video.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dooguk posted:

They're in the walls.

Like Attack on Titan but with NPCs and space stations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

IcarusUpHigh posted:

SPOT THE CROBEAR!

:golfclap:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Could this catte have been suckered into backing Star Citizen?

https://twitter.com/Brettskibols/status/1260211580119273472

I would say he'll be left holding the bag once Chris exits, but it looks like the bag is holding him instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

You want a critique on this one?

Not enough bears?