Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Acelerion posted:

You really gotta hand it to humanity for figuring out the absolute worst thing to do

But you have to admit that it's impressive how good we are at threading the needle to maximize both deaths and economic damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Shyfted One posted:

You can still enroll with a life-changing event which can be as little as "change in income"

That's how I switched my wife and I over to a subsidized ACA plan and got my kids on CHIP even though I'm probably going back on payroll this week because our business got the PPP.

My kid isn't supposed to qualify for chip I don't think (I did the exact same application as last year where he didn't) but the ACA forces the state to see if the kid is eligible, and that took so long this year (last year's denial end of January, then enrolled him in ACA) that he will probably be on chip all year since the agency in charge of that is clearly just focused on covid at this point. 5 months and counting waiting on a final decision from them , lol

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide

https://twitter.com/JonLemire/status/1260188828305850368?s=19

Popcorn eating gif here

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Americans are going to see the rest of the world start to open up and have a tantrum.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

imagine everyone got their heads out of their asses and everyone stayed inside except for essential trips.

how long would that last? a month?

we could’ve been done with this poo poo in mid-April if everyone had just stayed the gently caress home, right?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Outrail posted:

Americans are going to see the rest of the world start to open up and have a tantrum.
It's okay because we're going to be open, too.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Outrail posted:

But that's already what's happening

This whole push to reopen is partially Trump's incessant whining and it's partially that the media narrative is changing for other countries and nobody wants to be like "but the US is a failed state and we have to keep doing this for a long time"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Outrail posted:

Americans are going to ... have a tantrum.

Fixed that for all possible events

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Woofer posted:

imagine everyone got their heads out of their asses and everyone stayed inside except for essential trips.

we could’ve been done with this poo poo in mid-April if everyone had just stayed the gently caress home, right?

with a little extra precautions and testing/contact tracing/quarantining, yeah lmao

mystes
May 31, 2006

The earlier we did stuff, the less we would have had to do. Unfortunately we still haven't reduced the number of cases and we're opening up again.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Woofer posted:

We did that , then defined 80% of shopping as essential

Also quite frankly without blanket foreign travel bans you cant control it anyways, you'd just get flare-ups everywhere over time

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

What even is the post-Putin power struggle going to look like

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
https://www.paloaltoonline.com/blog...ite-restaurants
Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan are giving $100,000 to each of their eight favorite restaurants

Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

We did that , then defined 80% of shopping as essential

You've been able in PA to go to just about any big box store and hang out for as long as you'd like since all this broke.

The "reopen" poo poo, at least here, is about getting to sit at Buffalo Wild Wings for an hour and leer at the waitress's boobs.

mystes
May 31, 2006

One of the problems is that just telling to stay inside except for groceries probably isn't enough (especially in dense areas) anyway.

You still have to have tests available, test everyone, and fully quarantine the people who test positive which means you have to provide them with food, etc. and we aren't politically able to do that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

a shot by shot remake of The Death of Stalin

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

You've been able in PA to go to just about any big box store and hang out for as long as you'd like since all this broke.

The "reopen" poo poo, at least here, is about getting to sit at Buffalo Wild Wings for an hour and leer at the waitress's boobs.

Yeah reopening is solely about having a few hours of pretending you have a servant, whether it be a waiter, barber, chef, maid, etc. The food is incidental- people were mad they couldn't have someone else do the dishes and bring them things

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1260005985332219904

America is a third-world country

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Spoondick posted:

i go on cobra next month and for just me it's $750 a month and for the whole family it's just shy of $2000 a month

Goddamn. How does anybody who is not rich survive in the US.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

alphabettitouretti posted:

we work for the rich

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Testvan posted:

https://www.paloaltoonline.com/blog...ite-restaurants
Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan are giving $100,000 to each of their eight favorite restaurants

the rich are not human, they are a subhuman species

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mystes posted:

One of the problems is that just telling to stay inside except for groceries probably isn't enough (especially in dense areas) anyway.

You still have to have tests available, test everyone, and fully quarantine the people who test positive which means you have to provide them with food, etc. and we aren't politically able to do that.

Meanwhile countries like Taiwan arranged a system of dropping off food and other household goods for people in a mandatory quarantine situation.

Apr 7, 2003

alphabettitouretti posted:

They don't, working class life expectancy is getting worse every year

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Outrail posted:

they're going to build a wall to keep americans IN

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Woofer posted:

Not only would the Rona be gone, but we'd never have the flu or common cold again.

Activate FEMA. Lock everyone in. Have the military deliver MREs in biohazard suits.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

it's built in my friend :munch:

mystes
May 31, 2006

etalian posted:

Meanwhile countries like Taiwan arranged a system of dropping off food and other household goods for people in a mandatory quarantine situation.
I ping cracked myself a little when I saw the food that South Korea delivered to people who were quarantining.

It's really like God has delivered the perfect virus that the US is unable to deal with in coronavirus.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

A lot of covid patients jumping out of windows

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

Florida and Georgia have been open for weeks. The world didn't end. You can go to the dentist.

I remember the first posts about covid on here were people panicking and talking about how they were stealing mace masks from their dentists. Now it ends with people realizing they actually still need to go to the dentist.

Only 80,000 Dead Americans with the number still going up but gently caress em I didn't know any of them and my superior immune system will destroy the virus. Everyone is staying indoors and wearing these weak masks when I WANNA GO OUT TO FUDDRUCKERS AND DRINK WITH THE BOYS WAAAAAA KILL THE MAYOR HE IS A FOOL I AM THE ONE TRUE MAX BRAIN! ITS ALL A HOAX! A CONSPIRACY OF FOOLS WITH FAKE DEGREES TRYING TO KILL AMERICA!

That's you. That's what I see when I read that dumbshit.

EIGHTY THOUSAND DEAD when we had the most productive (Yet Flawed) early quarantine months of the pandemic. Think about what that number would be if we did nothing. Now we are in a stage of the quarantine being cracked open because some thousand psychos think the chains slavery are on them and scream at the top of their lungs and assemble in gatherings outside for the news to film. In a country of 300+ Million a minority of idiots are given a national microphone because nothing is going on and the news just foolishly amps their dumb message. For every 1,000 people sitting quietly in their homes there is one turbo smoothbrain that projects the image of many.

Just post funny poo poo. Stay away from your favorite old people and keep isolated as much as possible. Wear a mask and go easy on the Amazon purchases. Follow these simple guidelines and by next year your dick will still work. I promise you nothing about the state of the world or if the town will be on fire but I DO PROMISE YOU YOUR DICK WILL STILL WORK. Break the rules is breaking you dick. Be a cool dude. Don't break your dick.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Drinkfist posted:

Only 80,000 Dead Americans with the number still going up but gently caress em I didn't know any of them and my superior immune system will destroy the virus. Everyone is staying indoors and wearing these weak masks when I WANNA GO OUT TO FUDDRUCKERS AND DRINK WITH THE BOYS WAAAAAA KILL THE MAYOR HE IS A FOOL I AM THE ONE TRUE MAX BRAIN! ITS ALL A HOAX! A CONSPIRACY OF FOOLS WITH FAKE DEGREES TRYING TO KILL AMERICA!

EIGHTY THOUSAND DEAD when we had the most productive (Yet Flawed) early quarantine months of the pandemic. Think about what that number would be if we did nothing. Now we are in a stage of the quarantine being cracked open because some thousand psychos think the chains slavery are on them and scream at the top of their lungs and assemble in gatherings outside for the news to film. In a country of 300+ Million a minority of idiots are given a national microphone because nothing is going on and the news just foolishly amps their dumb message. For every 1,000 people sitting quietly in their homes there is one turbo smoothbrain that projects the image of many.

Just post funny poo poo. Stay away from your favorite old people and keep isolated as much as possible. Wear a mask and go easy on the Amazon purchases. Follow these simple guidelines and by next year your dick will still work. I promise you nothing about the state of the world or if the town will be on fire but I DO PROMISE YOU YOUR DICK WILL STILL WORK. Break the rules is breaking you dick. Be a cool dude. Don't break your dick.

[Covid-19 May] Be a cool dude. Don't break your dick.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

okay gotcha but I don't have a dick :confused:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mystes posted:

I ping cracked myself a little when I saw the food that South Korea delivered to people who were quarantining.

It's really like God has delivered the perfect virus that the US is unable to deal with in coronavirus.

Yeah it's almost like god wanted to completely roast and discredit the concept of american exceptionalism.

Other countries especially in Asia like South Korea have done a much better job at rolling at a consistent national level strategy and deploying a wide range of creative ideas to solve their problem.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

America is exceptionally bad.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

snoo posted:

okay gotcha but I don't have a dick :confused:

Eunuchs are too powerful for this world. I am sorry to have offended honorable master. You may do what you wish under heaven.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
lovely testing is the US' original sin, and we still don't have it down. Until that changes, we will always be flying blind.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

mystes posted:

The perfect virus: Can be halted with forward thinking, a basic social safety net and a small amount of personal responsibility.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

So uh, what’s up in Russia?

2nd highest recorded case amount, less than a 9/11s worth of reported deaths

lol I thought this would take another week at least

Second place already lol

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

shadowrun future is the future we deserve

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

shadowrun future is the future we deserve

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

mystes posted:

I posted this before I think, but basically like you gotta just cement it in your head that America the country does not care about you and will not care about you and this pandemic just loving seals it. You either play the game or don’t but thinking we will ever have a government that supports its people like you see in other countries just isn’t in the greater DNA. Unless we are so spirited and resilient to spend our life trying to change it, Better to try and find a mate you emigrate to a country that aligns with what you want in a country. There isn’t an in between....