Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Wow Musk has more respect for his workers than himself, a rich and famous person who does nothing useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://mobile.twitter.com/Peter_Turchin/status/1260223268524605442

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

TMMadman posted:

Wow Musk has more respect for his workers than himself, a rich and famous person who does nothing useful.

lol

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Here's your hate-read for the day
https://twitter.com/WBUR/status/1259826338585882625?s=20

• Mentions divorce attorney in first sentence
  • Gets a puppy from a breeder, because she was feeling guilty about not loving her daughter enough
  • Complains about it being a puppy, including (the horror) gnawing on a piano bench!
  • Makes it nine loving days before giving up and returning the puppy to the breeder
  • Hinda Mandell, a Boston-area native, is associate professor in the School of Communication at RIT in Rochester, New York. She is a co-editor, most recently, of "Nasty Women and Bad Hombres: Gender and Race in the 2016 US Presidential Election." Her website is omghinda.com.

I’m furious at this

mystes
May 31, 2006

Corvid-19, the COVID-19 superhero.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Raiad posted:

yeah but each round takes like half an hour to complete

feel like you may not've had enough d6 you need ~30 per player
roll20 is the best shadowrun diceroller though

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Pryor on Fire posted:

Florida and Georgia have been open for weeks. The world didn't end. You can go to the dentist.

I remember the first posts about covid on here were people panicking and talking about how they were stealing mace masks from their dentists. Now it ends with people realizing they actually still need to go to the dentist.

The opening of Georgia is a show. I wouldn't gauge anything by what appears to be happening here.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

TMMadman posted:

BTW there are rumors going around automotive that Mexico is going to make an announcement today/tomorrow regarding automotive suppliers' essential status. Odds are Musk got wind of something and is choosing this exact moment to do this as he is betting the supply base will open up shortly.

If he is wrong, NUMMI will shut down again in a day or 2.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

• Gets a puppy from a breeder, because she was feeling guilty about not loving her daughter enough
  • Complains about it being a puppy, including (the horror) gnawing on a piano bench!
  • Makes it nine loving days before giving up and returning the puppy to the breeder
  • Hinda Mandell, a Boston-area native, is associate professor in the School of Communication at RIT in Rochester, New York. She is a co-editor, most recently, of "Nasty Women and Bad Hombres: Gender and Race in the 2016 US Presidential Election." Her website is omghinda.com.

quote:

She conducts research at the intersection of sensational events with private lives. Since 2018, her research has focused on the intersection of craft and political events, examining craft as a gendered, communication tool that can subvert the social order.

lmao

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Pandemic puppies are non-essential

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

This is exhibit a for adopt, don't shop

No one should adopt a puppy for their first dog, everyone underestimates the work involved

In conclusion, thanks I hate it

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

shadowrun future is the future we deserve

But that would mean something fun and exciting might occasionally happen.

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Dave posted:

This is exhibit a for adopt, don't shop

No one should adopt a puppy for their first dog, everyone underestimates the work involved

In conclusion, thanks I hate it

this was the second dog she gave away/returned, and adopting it first doesn't make it better when you relinquish it

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

quote:

As another reader noted, I also remember your earlier piece about giving your dog away to a random stranger on Craigslist upon realizing you were unable to manage a child an a dog at the same time. I implore you, DO NOT get another dog. Ever.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/1260226326109147138
:monocle:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

lmao :tbear:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Giving a puppy back should be a secret, shameful thing that haunts you for the rest of your life. This woman broadcasted a “poor me” opinion piece about it where the entire tone seems to be blaming the puppy for acting like a puppy

I hope no one ever lets her forget this. It should be posted in the comments section of every article she writes. It should be passed out at her funeral and put on her headstone

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Donny is not going to like this

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Reminds me of that woman's blog from 2008 where she spoke about the presidential race and current events in her personal life as if they carried the same significance to the whole world.

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

Yeah but he has investments in China or something

I have a hard time keeping up with Q

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

NUMBER GO UP

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

quote:

The bone that broke this dog owner’s back was diarrhea on Day 9. Silver-dollar-sized squirts of fecal matter added to the generalized morning chaos in the kitchen.

Owned. :shrek:

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/JordanChariton/status/1260226726904430592

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I just gave my dog a cookie and pet her for a while.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

shovelbum posted:

They're a real country with a functional system, democracy was unironically a mistake, they don't have to debate everything, no lawsuits for years, no endless judicial review, they just loving do it

Democracy owns and the pile of dead bodies propping it up is dwarfed by the mountains of bodies produced by Monarchy.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

I just gave my dog a cookie and pet her for a while.

Pictured: someone who would never poo poo in the kitchen (because he knows he's not allowed in there)

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

will putting my mask in soapy (dish soap? laundry detergent?) water and then rinsing then hanging it to dry be enough or do I need to like soak it in bleach or something (tx mr prez) to make sure it’s sanitized?

I don’t wanna put it in the washing machine

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Relevant Tangent posted:

Democracy owns and the pile of dead bodies propping it up is dwarfed by the mountains of bodies produced by Monarchy.

Democracy is nice in theory but it really only works in smaller groups.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

Woofer posted:

will putting my mask in soapy (dish soap? laundry detergent?) water and then rinsing then hanging it to dry be enough or do I need to like soak it in bleach or something (tx mr prez) to make sure it’s sanitized?

I would think that would at least damage if not destroy the integrity of the filtration element. Better to just leave it in the sun for a day or two, supposing you have more than one mask?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

A communications major gave up and took the easy route

shocking

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

TMMadman posted:

Democracy is nice in theory but it really only works in smaller groups.

This is the coward's excuse, the idea that radical freedom always leads to failure is just the people who aren't capable of managing their own lives begging others to turn them into guards at the extermination camps.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Woofer posted:

What kind of mask?

If it's a home-made or cloth mask then you really should be putting it into the laundry because that's legitimately the best way to clean it. If it's a disposable mask that you're reusing then you don't have a lot of good options, but you should be leaving it out in the sun for as long as possible if you have no other choice.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

he’s not wrong. slavery is definitely the foundation of the country

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Paradoxish posted:

What kind of mask?

If it's a home-made or cloth mask then you really should be putting it into the laundry because that's legitimately the best way to clean it. If it's a disposable mask that you're reusing then you don't have a lot of good options, but you should be leaving it out in the sun for as long as possible if you have no other choice.

disposable surgical masks (especially n95 ones) have a filter thats sandwiches between the inner and outer layers that you 100% cannot clean

you can however cut it out and replace it with a few layers of coffee filter and be pretty well protected

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

“a lot of demand for rem DA savar” - Susan Collins

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Burn Zone posted:

six new positive cases in Wuhan and they're testing everyone

jfc

Yeah and tbh that's the right approach if you aren't able to immediately contain all contacts but know the cases haven't traveled outside the city recent enough to have brought it in from outside - assume the whole city has been exposed, test everyone, and start isolating positives and quarantining their contacts. There's a lot of reasons that's utterly impossible in the US beyond just Americans being racist assholes who cannot live for more than a couple weeks without having someone wait on them

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Bernie is on CNN talking about coronavirus

e: FFS this was from 11:10am

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I still think it's extremely weird people are convinced that the desire for being waited on is racist/racial, when outside of a few areas it's going to be white patrons and white servers

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

mastershakeman posted:

I still think it's extremely weird people are convinced that the desire for being waited on is racist/racial, when outside of a few areas it's going to be white patrons and white servers

we've got the poet laureate of the paris of appalachia in here telling us how it is, why would we need anything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Kittens are not at all difficult to care for. Dog people are the worst.