Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mdemone posted:

OMG Y'ALL TONY HAWK JUST TEXTED ME and about a million other people AND THEY ARE PORTING THPS 1&2 AND IT WILL OBVIOUSLY BE FOR SWITCH

Wake me up when they do Tony Hawk Underground ReMake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I'm glad that Nintendo went back to tournaments with skins and stuff for participation. I'm not gonna win and DGAF about $10 in Nintendo funbux, but I will absolutely play for themes!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

precision posted:

TL2 is a very mediocre game that would have been great in like 2009

I played the hell out of 1 on XBLA back then. Good times.

Tempura Wizard posted:

This is just baffling to me. Wasn't gem combining in this game from day 1 on PC? To leave out a key component like that...

Yeah, it just really slows down the grind, considering how many drop in the course of the story mode alone.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/05/tony_hawks_pro_skater_1_and_2_remasters_officially_revealed_but_theyre_skipping_switch posted:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 And 2 Remasters Officially Revealed, But They're Skipping Switch

worst timeline

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
Burnout Paradise Remastered is coming to switch like... I dunno months or years late, what is time any more. But there's hope!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

worst timeline

It's okay, they're going to remove Spider-man from all versions except the Sony one anyway.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Rutibex posted:

Wake me up when they do Tony Hawk Underground ReMake

TeAm BaM 4 lYfE bCuZzZz I 🤍🖤🤍🖤 mEyHaM

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

precision posted:

If Torchlight 2 were $1 and Diablo 3 were $100, the latter would still be the better value

TL2 is a very mediocre game that would have been great in like 2009 but today, woof

Diablo III and Torchlight II have nearly identical metacritic ratings. Its not like we are talking about Dungeon Siege.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JawnV6 posted:

Burnout Paradise Remastered is coming to switch like... I dunno months or years late, what is time any more. But there's hope!

Switch would be goddamn perfect for an updated Need for Speed Rivals

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

worst timeline

GOD FUCKIMG DAMNIT

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Torchlight 2 on Switch is fine as long as you're expecting budget Diablo. Where was it said that it wouldn't be getting any QoL updates?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
imagine wiggling your switch to balance a 50/50 nose grind

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

Torchlight 2 on Switch is fine as long as you're expecting budget Diablo. Where was it said that it wouldn't be getting any QoL updates?

It had one in the first week (because the menus were really hosed up), and it hasn't been patched since.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clbTFR9GqAs

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Rutibex posted:

Diablo III and Torchlight II have nearly identical metacritic ratings. Its not like we are talking about Dungeon Siege.

Obviously. Dungeon Siege and its sequel are ten times better than both Diablo and Torchlight combined.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Rutibex posted:

That probably has to do with relative expectations.

I think calling TL2 a mediocre game is too generous. Play any other arpg instead, including TL1. TL2 is shallow, boring, just a completely lifeless experience.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Brilliant.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Has anyone picked up the Hori Split Pad Pro that ended up not liking it? Does it feel better than it looks?
I really enjoy it and use it full-time now that my joycon are borked, but I think my biggest complaint is that it's not as comfy as joycons+satisfye grip

I'm not sure exactly what it is, maybe it's just because it's bigger but I feel like the strain on my wrists is worse with the Split Pad Pro.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i've been replaying vicarious visions' ds versions of tony hawk's american wasteland and proving ground and you know what? still pretty dang good. they don't look great but they feel right. hopefully they've still got it for these remasters. impossible for them to do a worse job than those robomodo clowns who released seven years' worth of motion-controlled trash

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
The joycons are so poo poo I just went back to playing 3ds. I've been in denial about how uncomfortable the switch is to play for years but no more delusions for me. Not this year, grandma.

It's nice having a portable console that feels comfortable to play! Just got my first 2ds xl and man this thing is liiiight and sleek compared to my previous new 3ds xl (and yes the outside trim makes it look like a child's toy because guess what, it's a child's toy)

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 12, 2020

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I got the Hori Split Pad pro along with Daemon x Machina and they really changed how I enjoy the Switch. I hated playing it portably because I found the Joycon to be like the worst 1st party controllers I've played with in awhile but these big bulky fuckers are just so comfy and have a bunch of practical features I enjoy rather than stuff I just disable like Rumble.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I wanted to like Torchlight 2 when it came out but it really doesn't offer you any reason to play it. It doesn't pull you along or feel satisfying to play. The gameplay and gear system is so straightforward that it's basically an idle clicker game without the idle part. I couldn't even get through it when I stacked it with mods that make the systems more interesting and without those, there's not much good to say about it. The music is by Matt Uelmen, the same guy that did the Diablo II music which is about the only good thing about it.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Does Torchlight 2 have an equivalent to Diablo 3's online nephalem rifts?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Another Deadly Premonition question. I know in the directors cut they added this extra framing device with new cutscenes, is that not on the switch version? Because I’m up to the lumber mill and haven’t seen any of these yet. Are there any other differences between the directors cut and the switch version?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Another Deadly Premonition question. I know in the directors cut they added this extra framing device with new cutscenes, is that not on the switch version? Because I’m up to the lumber mill and haven’t seen any of these yet. Are there any other differences between the directors cut and the switch version?

They also took out difficulty settings, which is now default to Easy. The only reason I can guess as to why the director's cut content was removed is because Deadly Premonition 2 is real now and some of the stuff in the DC scenes may conflict with it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

the switch version is not the director's cut for some reason

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

While I wouldn't play DP if you paid me, I have been enjoying the Let's Play by Supergreatfriend people were suggesting earlier. The voice acting is surprisingly great for what the game is.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah I noticed no difficulty setting. I guess setting it to easy was their answer to people not loving the combat. Doesn’t necessarily make it better, but it does make it faster. I’m glad I’m nearly done with the lumber mill, because it’s by far the worst part of the game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

KingSlime posted:

The joycons are so poo poo I just went back to playing 3ds. I've been in denial about how uncomfortable the switch is to play for years but no more delusions for me. Not this year, grandma.

It's nice having a portable console that feels comfortable to play! Just got my first 2ds xl and man this thing is liiiight and sleek compared to my previous new 3ds xl (and yes the outside trim makes it look like a child's toy because guess what, it's a child's toy)

The 3DS was never comfortable for me. I had to get grips for it

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
It's not the peak of comfort like the GBA was, but it's super light and sturdy, at least the 2ds xl. I had hand cramp issues with the 3ds xl now that you mention it

I'm super into it because I went from persona 5 to persona Q, will get around to Q2, and then will play SMT strange journey before deciding what SMT to play next. Perfect games to get lost in during quarantine!

And wario ware gold owns holy poo poo it's tragic that I missed out on this one before

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the 3ds needed more ports of games like snake eater that were totally unsuited for the system and ran terribly

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Weedle posted:

the 3ds needed more ports of games like snake eater that were totally unsuited for the system and ran terribly

We got Xenoblade Chronicles on the new models! I believe that hits all your qualifiers

What a gross little game that was

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I feel like one of the few people who enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I feel like one of the few people who enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 3D.

I think it largely got a good reception, it just had a pretty limited market from the outset. My main complaint was that I wish they had bothered to scale the UI because it looked fuzzy and that's no good for reading things on a tiny screen.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah the game is fine if not my jam personally, it was just too ambitious for that hardware imo.

E: could you go back to using the nub for MH4 after hundreds of hours on MHGU with dual stick glory on switch? Because MH4 is really good but im not sure I can handle the drat nub.

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 12, 2020

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Idgi

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bust Rodd posted:

This might be conjecture, but I’ve always found N64 stick wear and tear to be directly related to whether or not you owned/played Mario Party.

Yeah, this. I bought another N64 controller after loving mine up from Mario Party 1 and it’s still fine.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ColdPie posted:

While I wouldn't play DP if you paid me, I have been enjoying the Let's Play by Supergreatfriend people were suggesting earlier. The voice acting is surprisingly great for what the game is.

It’s fine to play, especially on easy/default on later versions. That LP is cool but it’s really not the same as playing it yourself and figuring out the mystery.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My ~60 hours of playtime has all been worth it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rageaholic posted:

My ~60 hours of playtime has all been worth it:

Now get the other 3