Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

lmao this lunatic married alex jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MadJackal posted:

I MISS HAIRCUTS, BOOBS AND DINE-IN RESTAURANTS

:same:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

MadJackal posted:

I MISS HAIRCUTS, BOOBS AND DINE-IN RESTAURANTS

I too want a haircut at Hooters

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Saying that companies are going to offshore labor whenever they can get away with it isn't racist

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

But also the startup culture companies would never outsource because they are all so far up their own asses with their hiring practices
You're not getting hired if you can't sit through two days of white-board algorithm interviews with a neverending smirk

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I do a lot of work with a multinational with most of its grunt work white collar office drones in india and oh my god i feel bad for those dudes that seems like the most toxic work culture even by american standards, which, lmao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

kopasetic posted:

don’t think Fauci can be fired but I guess they can muzzle him

I think he can sorta be fired or asked to resign, but Trump doesn't choose his replacement, that's chosen by non-appointed members of a board whose name escapes me. Firing him would just likely mean that he becomes a talking head for some news network and someone else appointed to fill his place who won't be any more beholden to Trump than Fauci.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
week end project

corona shrine in my closet

week day project

corona shrine in my window

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
rand paul is so dumb he thinks we're out of money

he thinks we have to borrow dollars from china

rand paul thinks china is the issuer of the us dollar

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

no racism here, no sir

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Azathoth posted:

I think he can sorta be fired or asked to resign, but Trump doesn't choose his replacement, that's chosen by non-appointed members of a board whose name escapes me. Firing him would just likely mean that he becomes a talking head for some news network and someone else appointed to fill his place who won't be any more beholden to Trump than Fauci.

Trump removing Fauci and getting someone else who turns out to be even more critical of him would be hilarious. But then he might just remove them too.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Test the sewage of the dorms.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

*taps forehead*

dont have to worry about H1B visas if your entire company works at home anyways

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

shovelbum posted:

I do a lot of work with a multinational with most of its grunt work white collar office drones in india and oh my god i feel bad for those dudes that seems like the most toxic work culture even by american standards, which, lmao

I worked at a meat-grinder kinda place outta college that would churn through new grads and h1b visa folks and it was a nightmare

A bunch of them were among the most talented folks I've worked with and they were making relative peanuts because they have no negotiating power

Capitalism is hosed

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

BONGHITZ posted:

no racism here, no sir

https://youtu.be/mJHvSp9AKYg?t=56

gregday
May 23, 2003

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
where the cock n balls at

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

smh that the budget cuts really reduced the ghost busters to this

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The American Association of Poison Control Centers reported a 121 percent increase in poisonings from disinfectants and a 77 percent spike in bleach poisonings in April, compared with the same month last year. The April 2020 data included the eight days that followed Trump’s false and dangerous comment about disinfectant, which he made April 23.

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Flesh Forge posted:

Lmao it's the 12th and we're probably gonna be at 85k US dead by morning

Officially I don't think so because the red states (and some blue states) have finally gotten the message that lying about deaths is 100% fine and dandy. I'm guessing 83.5k today and numbers will continue to drop

Unofficially (excess death calculation) we're already at 100k and flying

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Admiral Ray posted:

smh that the budget cuts really reduced the ghost busters to this

NICE SHOOTIN, TEX

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

If he's held down by a rope then he's just going to bounce off the hospital ceiling. He ain't going anywhere.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

DesertIslandHermit posted:

If he's held down by a rope then he's just going to bounce off the hospital ceiling. He ain't going anywhere.

you ever tried to haul down a spirit while on top of a ladder? not easy!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Saying that companies are going to offshore labor whenever they can get away with it isn't racist, you loving idiots.

A lot of people who bring this up are being super racist, though. I wasn't accusing you of being racist to be clear tho

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

JFC. I'm an artist and I think artists who do these are just trying to do something useful with their talents because they don't have any others.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

703 posted:

i think this was a thing they developed / did back in Vietnam or Korea or ww2 when looking for syphilis infections in are troops

take all the blood samples from a platoon or something and mix a small amout of each in a single test and if that goes positive do it again at a smaller scale

I’ve seen this done for drug piss tests.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1260254162429845504

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

UnknownTarget posted:

JFC. I'm an artist and I think artists who do these are just trying to do something useful with their talents because they don't have any others.

I don't even have a single talent so this seems perfectly normal to me????

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

docs in crocs

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

oh no you don't! You're stuck in here with us rear end in a top hat!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

:barf:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Continuing the tradition of bills with good sounding names that actually will gently caress you over. America still lives.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

does it have more money for me in it

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Hurling
Enrichment
Right
Onto
Effected
Succ

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

People on reddit are saying that if you only have a small number of potential infections among a large population you can swab like 100 people at once, throw the swabs in a hopper and then reagent the whole batch at once, which is a lot faster, with most batches being negative but as soon as one batch turns positive you can go back to those 100 people and test them individually, and you can do this concurrently with local lock downs i.e. test whole city blocks at one, then lock down the blocks with positives for further testing, so it's not going to be like the US testing and reagenting each swab one at a time and they can do a massive number of tests in a short time.

I did my part and spit inside the Census return letter. That way they can test and count me at the same time. Kill two birds with one lougie. I suggest yall follow my lead.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What is succ?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What is succ?

BIDEN DON'T HURT ME
DON'T HURT ME
NO MORE

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

does it have more money for me in it
I'm skimming it and honestly am not very good at analyzing it, but it sure does say "tax credit" a lot

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Helping
Everyone
Realize
Obama
Enabled
Surveillance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003