Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

SECTION1. This Act may be cited as the ‘‘Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions Act’’ or the ‘‘HEROES Act’’.

The official one sucks worse than the fake ones we came up with in the two minutes we saw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Epic High Five posted:

does it have more money for me in it

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

This should really be the guy who pees on himself.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

It starts on page 150

DIVISION B—REVENUE PROVISIONS
Title I—Economic stimulus
Title II—Additional relief for workers
Title III—Net operating losses

On page 154, it mentions exempting the previous and future checks from wage garnishment. On page 160, it looks like it only mentions an additional stimulus check of the same size as last time.

quote:

In the case of an eligible indi10 vidual, there shall be allowed as a credit against the tax
11 imposed by subtitle A for the first taxable year beginning
12 in 2020 an amount equal to the additional rebate amount
13 determined for such taxable year.

18 ‘‘(1) $1,200 ($2,400 in the case of a joint re19 turn), plus
20 ‘‘(2) $1,200 multiplied by the number of de21 pendents of the taxpayer for such taxable year (not
22 in excess of 3 such dependents).

I have to wait for a summary from a news source that's better at analyzing these documents before I can be sure, though

Edit: link again: https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20200511/BILLS-116hr6800ih.pdf

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 18:18 on May 12, 2020

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What is succ?

Something cspam is constantly spazzing out about and obsessing over

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

give me the loving money dude

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

galenanorth posted:

It starts on page 150

DIVISION B—REVENUE PROVISIONS
Title I—Economic stimulus
Title II—Additional relief for workers
Title III—Net operating losses

On page 154, it mentions exempting the previous and future checks from wage garnishment. On page 160, it looks like it only mentions an additional stimulus check of the same size as last time.

I have to wait for a summary from a news source that's better at analyzing these documents before I can be sure, though

Edit: link again: https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20200511/BILLS-116hr6800ih.pdf

The thing is 1,815 loving pages. To hell with you bureaucrats. You can write "gently caress you Got Mine" in a single page and be done with it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Starks posted:

I don't even have a single talent so this seems perfectly normal to me????

yeah I don't see what the problem is with that drawing, some people write articles about it, some people are gonna write poems or novels or whatever, this pandemic pretty much the most impactful phenomenon in human history for the past few hundred years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What is succ?

the sound inside the head of a hillary voter

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What is succ?

Succ my balls

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Name change to heros-19

new show, heroes-19, scrubs but modern and we don't talk about bills but the show has a lawyer too

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
you can just keep killing cast off and then play the mash theme at the end or something comical like a horn honk

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

god drat IT

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What is succ?
Doing your bully's homework.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Paradoxish posted:

Nah, this is a super overblown (and probably a little bit racist) fear

I work as a contractor in tech in a way that puts me in direct competition with coding sweatshops in India, except I'm not in competition with them at all because having competent work done offshore costs just as much as hiring a US contractor anyway. People have been afraid of this for decades and it's just not really a thing.

I'm a contractor in tech as well that has worked with several international companies and international companies will generally hire someone not in the US before they'll hire someone in the US depending on if they have a physical office in the US or not because it's much, much cheaper for them. A company based in the US will hire a contractor in the US before they'll hire an international person or an offshore crew where they don't have an office because of the tax weirdness and "lack of oversight" claim. One of my first jobs in tech was training the offshore crew that came over to the US because the lead was so angry they were going to take his job he refused so I gained the experience, the networking of those individuals (who were awesome and smart and loved tater tots), and advanced out of that position and ended up making more than he did

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Third World Reagan posted:

Name change to heros-19

new show, heroes-19, scrubs but modern and we don't talk about bills but the show has a lawyer too

No. Heroes sucked.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

I still think it's extremely weird people are convinced that the desire for being waited on is racist/racial, when outside of a few areas it's going to be white patrons and white servers

In the parts of the country screaming to reopen it's mostly white patrons and black/Hispanic servers.

You god-damned dumbass.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

BIDEN DON'T HURT ME
DON'T HURT ME
NO MORE

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

yeah I don't see what the problem is with that drawing, some people write articles about it, some people are gonna write poems or novels or whatever, this pandemic pretty much the most impactful phenomenon in human history for the past few hundred years.

I dont even have an opinion on the drawing I’m just confused by the statement “artists who do these are just trying to do something useful with their talents because they don't have any others”. like bitch who are you Leonardo da Vinci?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Wife hit up the local church/regional food coop produce giveaway today, went real late since she was worried about people more in need. Got a huge box of fresh veggies, tons of green beans, leeks, etc. Lots of discolored stuff, but who cares? I was super pleased since its way safer than handling produce in a store that a hundred other people touched after sneezing into their hands. Put it all in soapy water in the sink, rinsed and drained.

Anyways her mom called and immediately berated her for taking govt handouts and how I should get a job (I'm getting more on unemployment than a 40 hour work week). This is why the USA is hosed

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Starks posted:

I dont even have an opinion on the drawing I’m just confused by the statement “artists who do these are just trying to do something useful with their talents because they don't have any others”. like bitch who are you Leonardo da Vinci?

dunno about you bub but i'm doing my part by making real good posts online

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

:same:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

UnknownTarget posted:

JFC. I'm an artist and I think artists who do these are just trying to do something useful with their talents because they don't have any others.

:confused:

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine looking at the American south and thinking " hmm yes. Blacks and whites share equally the economic pie. There's no way that minorities are overrepresented in the service sector. Its gonna be white workers dying to serve white patrons.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

is this "modern medicine saves lives, good" or "modern medicine prevents people from going to heaven when it's their time, bad"

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

mastershakeman posted:

Wife hit up the local church/regional food coop produce giveaway today, went real late since she was worried about people more in need. Got a huge box of fresh veggies, tons of green beans, leeks, etc. Lots of discolored stuff, but who cares? I was super pleased since its way safer than handling produce in a store that a hundred other people touched after sneezing into their hands. Put it all in soapy water in the sink, rinsed and drained.

Anyways her mom called and immediately berated her for taking govt handouts and how I should get a job (I'm getting more on unemployment than a 40 hour work week). This is why the USA is hosed

New York had so many people afraid to use the $600 they received through Direct Deposit that they flooded NY's unemployment hotline with questions about whether or not they were able to actually spend it, or if it was a "mistake"

https://twitter.com/kellydudzikWGRZ/status/1257772542015741953

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

DesertIslandHermit posted:

No. Heroes sucked.

I think about that scene where the cheerleader sticks her hand in the garbage disposal pretty often for some reason

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
lmao dengue is a jealous little bitch

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1260259543327608838

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Lol the link to the HEROES act is already dead

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

DesertIslandHermit posted:

No. Heroes sucked.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

maybe artists should get a fuckin hobby rather than making embarrassing poo poo huh????

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/12/uk/uk-transport-worker-coronavirus-death-scli-intl-gbr/index.html

quote:

(CNN)A British railway ticket office worker has died from Covid-19 after being spat on while she was working at Victoria station in central London.

Belly Mujinga, 47, was working with a colleague when a member of the public assaulted them, spat and coughed over them and said he had the novel coronavirus, said her union, the Transport Salaried Staffs Association (TSSA), in a statement Tuesday.

Mujinga, who had an underlying health condition, was working for Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR) on the station concourse at the time of the incident on March 22. British Transport Police said in a statement to CNN that an investigation into the incident had been launched.

"Belly and her colleague begged to be let to work from inside the building with a protective barrier between them and the public for the rest of that day," TSSA said in its statement. "Management said they needed people working outside and sent them back out onto the concourse for the rest of their shift."

Both women went back outside and completed their shift, added the union, but they had no personal protective equipment.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

eviltastic posted:

:rip: HEROES

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

it's just dengue bro

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It looks the "Revenue Provisions" section is mostly an indecipherable 280-page collection of tax credits with subsections labeled things like "for homeless youth" or "for first responders" or "for elementary school teachers" or "something something increasing maximum age limit on such and such deduction from 65 to 66"

Politico has a summary out now, sponsored by a health insurance company

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook-pm/2020/05/12/new-details-of-the-house-dem-coronavirus-bill-489202
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000172-09a9-dc3e-aff6-0dbd032c0000

Even the summary is 90 pages. Politico didn't mention additional stimulus checks, perhaps because they didn't see it buried deep in there, but

quote:

SUBTITLE B – ADDDITIONAL RECOVERY REBATES TO INDIVIDUALS
Sec. 111. Additional recovery rebates to individuals.
Provides a $1,200 refundable tax credit for each family member that shall be paid out in advance
payments, similar to the Economic Impact Payments in the CARES Act. The credit is $1,200 for
a single taxpayer ($2,400 for joint filers), in addition to $1,200 per dependent up to a maximum
of 3 dependents.

so it looks like that confirms it's another stimulus check of the same size as last time.

Politico posted:

REMEMBER: This is a messaging bill for House Democrats. It is intended to help House Dems lay their marker for the policies they believe in. This will not become law. Heather Caygle, Sarah Ferris and John Bresnahan on the bill

says Politico after the Democrats precompromised down from Pelosi "considering" $2,000 monthly

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

eviltastic posted:

:whitewater:

All I had to do was submit it to https://www.archive.org and they would've saved it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

are you a lobbyist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
$100/month

Wow, thanks Nancy!