Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I'm an idiot but where to submit?

Is gofile.io legit?

WeTransfer is reliable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Alameda county temporarily tells Musk that no, he's not reopening until they agree on a safety plan.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The pdf saved to my phone when I clicked the link right after it was posted. Where should I drop it?

Use it to charge your butthole

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

MorrisBae posted:

WeTransfer is reliable

https://we.tl/t-kQKmEBJwKB

Here's the pdf that saved onto my phone, hosted on WeTransfer.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Squizzle posted:

important thread notice in this probation

lmao that post lol

what is it with D&D goons and terminal brainworms mental illness

but not the good kind of mental illness that cspam has. just the bad boring kind

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!

Bernie Panders posted:

boy doctors and nurses sure are heroes. i mean, sure they did tell me and my health problems to go gently caress myself when i didn't have insurance, and they're getting paid insanely well to treat covid poo poo, but now they're heroes (?) i guess

This is one spicey take. As if nurses get reasonable compensation. Also nobody is turned away for health care, EMTALA makes such things possible for us all. You're the one that refused care because you didn't want to pay the obscene price tag out of pocket with no insurance.

Health care in america is a war crime, but you are not presenting a valid argument with respect to access to care.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Squizzle posted:

important thread notice in this probation

whats the takeaway? i cant read that many words

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Alameda county temporarily tells Musk that no, he's not reopening until they agree on a safety plan.

Can't Dusk the Musk

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
MetLife Stadium is an American sports stadium located at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey, 8 miles (13 km) west of New York City. It is the home stadium of two National Football League (NFL) franchises, the New York Giants and the New York Jets. Capacity: 82,500[1]

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

MetLife Stadium is an American sports stadium located at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey, 8 miles (13 km) west of New York City. It is the home stadium of two National Football League (NFL) franchises, the New York Giants and the New York Jets. Capacity: 82,500[1]

FILL 'ER UP

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1260269880458178560

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm an idiot but where to submit?

Is gofile.io legit?

Actually that wouldn't work, archive would require you to have the url to submit it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Good soup! posted:

lol Fauci is hosed

gOd drat it the twenty TEAM FAUCI commemorative coins I ordered haven't even arrived yet and now they're already completely worthless :mad:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

If the permanent WFH employees relocate to a part of the country that's actually affordable, do they decrease their salary?

that'd be a great grift to live in a cheap location but keep the SF salary

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

quote:

As it unfolded, Lara Trump, the president’s daughter-in-law and an adviser to his re-election campaign, insisted the Trump campaign would hold the Republican National Convention as planned this summer in Charlotte, N.C.

“We don’t plan on canceling our convention,” Ms. Trump told local reporters in a conference call on Tuesday. “We plan on going ahead with it."

I cannot wait for this big beautiful convention. It's going to be great!

And it couldn't happen to a nicer city than Charlotte, NC.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I don't understand. Why do you think it is gone? The link is still up.

https://docs.house.gov/billsthisweek/20200511/BILLS-116hr6800ih.pdf

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
are we all getting more money?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

actionjackson posted:

If the permanent WFH employees relocate to a part of the country that's actually affordable, do they decrease their salary?

Generally the salaries stay high because in a sense they're still competing with the other giant companies who are paying $infinite to their workforce.
The only wrinkles you'll see are maybe there are some states they won't keep you employed if you live in because of tax poo poo.

But it's not at all uncommon to see programmers who have a house/cabin in the middle of nowhere who fly into their city every week or so and live in a small box they rent there

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

actionjackson posted:

Friend of mine did that about a decade ago and relocated from NYC to somewhere in se Asia. He'd go party with my sister in Australia and dip out for conference calls at 2 a.m. since no one ever noticed he'd left new York let alone the country

But that wasn't as heroic as his friend who loaded up student debt, said this is stupid, maxed every credit card he could get and sold what he bought for cash and disappeared to Colombia to live in a mansion

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

actionjackson posted:

yes! virtually all national and multinational firms base your salary off where you live. there's a sort of tiered item. so if you get WFH and move out to montana their goes your monies.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

lol just move and don't update your address with HR

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Generally the salaries stay high because in a sense they're still competing with the other giant companies who are paying $infinite to their workforce.
The only wrinkles you'll see are maybe there are some states they won't keep you employed if you live in because of tax poo poo.

But it's not at all uncommon to see programmers who have a house/cabin in the middle of nowhere who fly into their city every week or so and live in a small box they rent there

the key is not to tell them you moved and manage to still get coded to the office in the higher rent area. but unless you are very important they are going to stiff you.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Drinkfist posted:

Looks like they fixed it. That link was dead for a while.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Drinkfist posted:

It was gone earlier and they put it back for some reason. I don't know if anything changed. I used a computer program to compare to my saved version of the XML, and nothing changed in the XML

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Starks posted:

the Spanish flu killed more people in the second wave is because it was way worse and more deadly the second time you get it.

No, it was because the flu was placed under unusual selection pressure from WW1 hospital camps that favored lethality (the opposite of selection pressure in most environments) and that more-lethal form is what circulated in the second wave of the pandemic. Had nothing to do with people contracting it multiple times.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

eviltastic posted:

Looks like they fixed it. That link was dead for a while.

330 Million people with nothing to do saw the countries patch notes posted so they clicked the link. That's what happened.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

MysteriousStranger posted:

yes! virtually all national and multinational firms base your salary off where you live. there's a sort of tiered item. so if you get WFH and move out to montana their goes your monies.

if the price difference is big enough, you could totally hire someone in SF to dress like you and poo poo, it could happen

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Drinkfist posted:

330 Million people with nothing to do saw the countries patch notes posted so they clicked the link. That's what happened.

THE US IS READY! SHIP IT!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!
I wonder if trump is aware that he can just declare tesla vital to national security

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

actionjackson posted:

I did it for years, but the cheap location was Charlotte, NC. :( (Family reasons, and I don't regret that.)

e: There is at least one disease that is worse the second time you catch it: dengue. Which South America is having an epidemic of simultaneously with COVID, yea Nature.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

actionjackson posted:

Corporate America is way ahead of you lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
To no one's surprise, the bill is drizzling shits:

https://twitter.com/bobjherman/status/1260279605317046273

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

gOd drat it the twenty TEAM FAUCI commemorative coins I ordered haven't even arrived yet and now they're already completely worthless :mad:

use em as pogs

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/sistercelluloid/status/1260258220129615872

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

The Oldest Man posted:

No, it was because the flu was placed under unusual selection pressure from WW1 hospital camps that favored lethality (the opposite of selection pressure in most environments) and that more-lethal form is what circulated in the second wave of the pandemic. Had nothing to do with people contracting it multiple times.
Trying to look up a claim I read about Copenhagen coming out of the whole pandemic relatively unscathed, I found a 2008 paper that basically concluded with:

- Existing models of pandemic influenza assume an R0<2, which is overly optimistic.
- Maybe it's a bad idea to suppress mild summer waves, because letting them rip through society ensures some sort of resistance to deadlier fall waves.

Guess if it really was just a flu then Boris was right all along.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

"Now that I have effectively harmed all of you allow me to put on a purely performative display so you can applaud my centrism"

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/covidperspectiv/status/1260281641726955521

Do we trust this source and also what happened to zika?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/covidperspectiv/status/1260281641726955521

Do we trust this source and also what happened to zika?

no one's ever fallen out of a window in a windowless room. genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Vladimir Putin lives in
a room with no windows
where does his piss go
nobody knows