Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/covidperspectiv/status/1260281641726955521

Do we trust this source and also what happened to zika?

arent these the guys that said that like 70+ people that attended rallies ended up sick but provided no link to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

facetoucher cat posted:

His room should have a couple of windows because a little thing you might not have heard about called sunlight kills the virus.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Vladimir Putin lives in
a room with no windows
where does his piss go
nobody knows

Into the black sea

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

My office at work is a secured windowless room. I'm glad I haven't been there in over two months.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Cao Ni Ma posted:

arent these the guys that said that like 70+ people that attended rallies ended up sick but provided no link to it?

yeah not providing a link sucks but that did maybe happen

https://www.wbay.com/content/news/More-than-70-test-positive-for-coronavirus-after-attending-a-large-gathering-570316661.html

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

TMMadman posted:

His room should have a couple of windows because a little thing you might not have heard about called sunlight kills the virus.

skylight, np. Wait I've seen movies where people fall out of (into?) those so that might be a bad idea too

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

BONGHITZ posted:

whats the takeaway? i cant read that many words

For other uses, see Takeaway (disambiguation).

The Takeaway is a morning radio news program co-created and co-produced by Public Radio International and WNYC. Its editorial partner is WGBH-FM; at launch the BBC World Service And The New York Times were also editorial partners. In addition to co-producing/co-creating the program, PRI also distributes the program nationwide to its affiliated stations. The program debuted on WNYC in New York, WGBH in Boston, and WEAA in Baltimore. To date, the program has approximately 280 carrying stations across the country, including markets in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco, Miami, Portland, Boston, and more. The current hosts are Tanzina Vega (Monday through Thursday) and Amy Walter (Friday/Saturdays).

Quick Facts: Genre, Country of origin ...

The TakeawayGenreNews: Global news, National USA News, analysis, commentary, interviews, discussion, perspectives, breaking news, UG contentCountry of originUnited StatesLanguage(s)EnglishHome stationWNYC New York Public RadioSyndicatesPRI Public Radio InternationalHosted byTanzina VegaCreated byPRI Public Radio International & WNYC New York Public RadioExecutive producer(s)Arwa GunjaRecording studioNew York, NYOriginal release2008 – presentAudio formatStereophonicWebsitewww.thetakeaway.orgPodcastfeeds.wnyc.org/thetakeaway

Close

Mission

The program's stated intent is to deliver "national and international news and cultural stories through a conversational and unprecedented personality-driven format." The program launched on April 28, 2008, initially airing in two separate live feeds—from 6 am to 7 am on WNYC 93.9 FM and from 8 to 9 am on AM 820. 

On January 25, 2010, as part of WNYC-FM's new schedule the show was moved to WNYC-AM, a later hour, and expanded to four hours. On September 3, 2012, the show was reduced to one hour.

The program has received major philanthropic support from The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation, and the Skoll Foundation.

Presenters

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Pryor on Fire posted:

It's still true? The time for worrying in your basement is over, and it's probably a good time for everyone to reevaluate their media/internet consumption trends in light of new evidence.

I was told there would be a billion dead people in Georgia by Monday, seems like that didn't happen?

Wait a second, the top news story out of Georgia is currently Abrams endorsing Biden? Huh? How is anyone even still alive down there?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol, nice effort probe

seriously

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

did anyone else catch this?

https://twitter.com/fxhedgers/status/1260288354530127872?s=21

theres like no way?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Squizzle posted:

Quick Facts: Genre, Country

country sucks

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

this country sucks

:hai:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Tellin' y'all, it's not changing majorly until 2021 at the soonest

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Perry Mason Jar posted:

no one's ever fallen out of a window in a windowless room. genius

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

:eyepop:

they're already losing their poo poo, this is gonna be loving hilarious

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

did anyone else catch this?

https://twitter.com/fxhedgers/status/1260288354530127872?s=21

there’s like no way?

“la county”?? what is this, france???

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckjy4-LRIW0

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Squizzle posted:

la county?? what is this, france???

hon hon hon

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

my favorite things from this pandemic is people who wear masks too low leaving their nose exposed, and people who take their mask off to cough into the air

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

the tweet makes it sound like its an official order but its just a prediction I think: https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/05/12/coronavirus-covid-la-county-stay-at-home-orders/

theres no reason for any location to extend stay at home for 3 months at a time. its better to just do it month by month while loosening some restrictions so people dont panic.

Edit: well I was wrong. seems extremely dumb.

Starks has issued a correction as of 21:14 on May 12, 2020

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

I feel like putting this up with highlights and arrows pointing to the 2 week asymptomatic period, but it would be naive to assume the intended audience can read

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Dmitry Pes-cough

gregday
May 23, 2003

Spergin Morlock posted:

Dmitry Piss-cough

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

facetoucher cat posted:

putin enters the gaming room

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

yes, they extended through mid-september lmao

meanwhile here in orange county:

https://twitter.com/EmilyValdezKNX/status/1260292274845388800?s=20

https://twitter.com/alanjimenez97/status/1260251266652884992?s=20

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Knight posted:

I feel like putting this up with highlights and arrows pointing to the 2 week asymptomatic period, but it would be naive to assume the intended audience can read

What are the differences between the 2 different antibodies (other than the fact one hangs around longer)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

actionjackson posted:

If the permanent WFH employees relocate to a part of the country that's actually affordable, do they decrease their salary?

that'd be a great grift to live in a cheap location but keep the SF salary

what'll likely happen is they'll keep the salary, but new hires will be plucked up from the portlands, denvers, and austins of the country where a lower salary can be safely offered. the next layoff wave will primarily hit the people that are on the SF-tier salaries that aren't pivotal to operations or buddy-buddy with the upper ranks.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

:dudsmile:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

snoo posted:

get your own boobs

Local boob shops closed as "non essential"

Do I just order boobs from online? Are we still not crossing the line for amazon?

Squizzle posted:

“la county”?? what is this, france???

France is "Le", you're thinking of Spain

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mistle posted:

Do I just order boobs from online? Are we still not crossing the line for amazon?

yea you can order them from Overstock

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Mistle posted:

owned

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

Corporate America is way ahead of you lol

Why don't all the tech companies just only hire remote employees so that they can pay them less? Why require they be in SF?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

actionjackson posted:

Why don't all the tech companies just only hire remote employees so that they can pay them less? Why require they be in SF?

cant have coke fueled sex parties remotely

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MikeBloomberg/status/1260298248788590594?s=20

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Marx Headroom posted:

cant have coke fueled sex parties remotely

excuse me have you heard of teledildonics?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

actionjackson posted:

it's part gate-keeping to only make sure you get the finest Wisconsin/midwest mid-upper class doughy white transplants who complain about homeless; part WFH is still mostly taboo and believes in-person co-operation is better; part clique or belief that local hiring is better (e.g. stanford pipeline hiring, etc)

however much which is which, it's mostly the latter two with the former just being a nice little perk that comes along with it. seriously so many loving people from wisconsin here

and to eb fair, most tech companies have satellite offices in places like NC triangle, nyc, dc, atlanta, seattle, la, and denver. it's not "thou must live in bay area" precisely, there are a lot of cities you can be hired into offices into, but sort of depends on what you're doing for the company.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 21:05 on May 12, 2020

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/JenniferKashani/status/1260221316013133824?s=19

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lmao if u think tech bros are ever gonna see mass layoffs and not just a few dudes here and there no one liked

also we're gonna get a national OPENER UP order

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Mistle posted:

French also uses "la"...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Is it Day 15 yet?