Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Hopper posted:

Oh poo poo. No Döner? The US is doomed.
I am not even going to ask about Currywurst and I know Brezn are a disaster over there.

At least we have bagels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

So some Russian Reichsbürger beat up the police in NRW, the video is just :discourse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnb_ZXSeLvQ

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

GABA ghoul posted:

So some Russian Reichsbürger beat up the police in NRW, the video is just :discourse:

I guess it’s good that here the Police doesn’t immediately escalate and shoot or tazer everything in a 10m radius.

Nevertheless i wonder how your friendly Dorfpolizist will deal with the increase in violent internet crazys and right wingers.

I mean people have radicalized to the point of doing terror attacks just because they looked at too many memes

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

GABA ghoul posted:

For Reichsbürger I'm willing to make an exception and applaud every cop who gives them auf die Fresse.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Greatest Living Man posted:

At least we have bagels.

Hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of bagels are garbage. The only place I ever had good ones was in NYC and even then in only select locations. As far as bread products go the US is a wasteland completely unfit for human habitation.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Thinking about those beans brick lane beigels I had in London in March, the weekend before the entire world went down the shitter

:britain:

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

suck my woke dick posted:

For Reichsbürger I'm willing to make an exception and applaud every cop who gives them auf die Fresse.

Where do all the curious bystanders come from? Usually, if there‘s a brawl between the police and some seedy people going on I try not to position myself at the very center of it.

This video was shared in my timeline on FB by a moron. It was edited so you didn‘t get what was going on, but the page made it seem that this was Merkel‘s goons harassing upstanding citizens.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Haramstufe Rot posted:

I guess it’s good that here the Police doesn’t immediately escalate and shoot or tazer everything in a 10m radius.

Nevertheless i wonder how your friendly Dorfpolizist will deal with the increase in violent internet crazys and right wingers.

I mean people have radicalized to the point of doing terror attacks just because they looked at too many memes

Yeah Polizei is going to get (even) uglier in lockstep with everything else in society. If they feel that every shooing a weirdo out of the Supermarkt job can end up going like this, or maybe a similar guy in two weeks even pulls a knife, they're absolutely going to start tasing / shooting more people. poo poo times ahead.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Dass Polizei in NRW allgemein keine Masken tragen muss entspricht weder der Außendarstellung, noch der aktuellen Corona-Verordnung.

Hoffentlich stecken die beiden Polizisten im Krankenhaus niemanden an. :ohdear:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Combat Theory posted:

More than 100 euro would be insane for a Zulassungsdienst. If you buy the car from a Händler they usually have a Zulassungsdienst on call that offers low rates due to bulk orders. The Nissan dealership where my dad works takes 70 euro for the Zulassungsdienst.

Congratulations on your new car. If you plan to keep it for the foreseeable future please cut the service intervals to 10k km for an oil change and get the AGR deactivated ASAP. Also try using Vpower racing every 4th tank or so (make sure the tank is on reserve before filling up) - it has a potent cleaning agent mixed in that will keep some of the gunk out of the direct injectors.

If you have a DSG please replace the fluid every 24 months at least.

If you have an EntwicklungsAuftrag 888 engine (you should - engine code CJXG), just be prepared tho that no matter how good you treat it it will need new Pistons and rings at some point north of 70k km (whenever the oil consumption becomes excessive) When the time comes don't get the VW/AUDI replacement parts unless you are on warranty. Get the upgraded aftermarket parts that have a standard oil control ring and piston holes and not the weird ones the stock parts have.

Also please regularly check the timing chain tensioner and if needed, have the chain replaced (preferably under warranty - it can be a bit expensive)

Quoting this for later, thank you.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Dommolus Magnus posted:

Hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of bagels are garbage. The only place I ever had good ones was in NYC and even then in only select locations. As far as bread products go the US is a wasteland completely unfit for human habitation.

Yeah I know. There's usually at least one legit bagel place in a metropolitan area though. When I was in St. Louis I had to buy them from a Jewish deli a 30 minute drive away. Portland has Spielman (https://www.spielmanbagels.com), etc.

I'll definitely take Germany's access to good cheap bread any day.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/BVG_Kampagne/status/1260130078572326912

I friggin love this brand lol

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

My daughter‘s Kitaplatz will apparently cost about 900 Ocken per month because I don’t qualify for Subventionen due to my salary being too high back in 2018??!!! loving hell. Kinderbetreuung should be a public service like Grundschule.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Better get used to it, in 18 years she’s gonna move to Berlin and that’s just gonna be rent for her 2 sq m WG Zimmer :v:

the kotti joke is pretty dark but lol at the windows one :mmmhmm:

Zwille fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 12, 2020

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I mean, I’m already mentally prepared for the WG-Zimmer thing, but I didn’t expect there to be a salary/Vermögen cap for Kitasubventionen. gently caress. Ah well, I’ll be poor as gently caress when my Pensum is cut back next year, so I’ll be getting to those Fleischtöpfe yet.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

If y'all wanna gently caress yourselves up tonight

https://www.spiegel.de/panorama/spiegel-tv-ueber-corona-verschwoerung-wut-unterm-aluhut-a-2a561b5d-0aa9-416a-b795-119a9e4203a7

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Herzlich Willkommen
Weiter mit Werbung lesen

Nutzen Sie unsere Seite wie gewohnt mit Werbung und Tracking (Zustimmung ist jederzeit widerrufbar)

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

I should not have watched that. Too much stupid. The dangerous kind of stupid.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

I could dig some Beruhigungsmittel in the Trinkwasser

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Do you have a Querdenkerbommel?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Dommolus Magnus posted:

While we're at the topic, I wrote a short story on these forums about the superiority of German bread. It's :mediocre: but maybe someone here enjoys!

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Herzlich Willkommen
Weiter mit Werbung lesen

Nutzen Sie unsere Seite wie gewohnt mit Werbung und Tracking (Zustimmung ist jederzeit widerrufbar)

The BayLDA sees this is datenschutzrechtlich as a viable option that is not in violation of the Kopplungsverbot lol.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That was a hard watch, but the payoff of Attila Hildmann getting arrested was absolutely worth it.

You're at a demonstration ranting about how "your opinion is being silenced" because of Abstandsregeln, another guy with a microphone says you're full of poo poo, you walk over to him to grab the mic because you don't like his opinion and want to silence him, and a split-second later, the cops go "lol, Abstandsregeln, kommen sie bitte mit uns"

:lol:

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Wengy posted:

My daughter‘s Kitaplatz will apparently cost about 900 Ocken per month because I don’t qualify for Subventionen due to my salary being too high back in 2018??!!! loving hell. Kinderbetreuung should be a public service like Grundschule.

That sounds absolutely insane to me. I'm paying about 300€ in Germany including lunch. 900 would be almost the double of what I'm paying for rent, lol.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That was a hard watch, but the payoff of Attila Hildmann getting arrested was absolutely worth it.

You're at a demonstration ranting about how "your opinion is being silenced" because of Abstandsregeln, another guy with a microphone says you're full of poo poo, you walk over to him to grab the mic because you don't like his opinion and want to silence him, and a split-second later, the cops go "lol, Abstandsregeln, kommen sie bitte mit uns"

:lol:

There's no way I'm going to watch this but :lmao:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
:hmbol:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

The worst for me were:

- the woman claiming her daughter has had nosebleeds for 2 weeks now
- the woman clamoring against impfungen while being a nurse

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Mithaldu posted:

- the woman claiming her daughter has had nosebleeds for 2 weeks now

With a mom like that, a constant brain hemmorage from the nose is just the subconscious saying "gently caress this, let's end my suffering". But then again people aren't the smartest at attributing the right cause and effect...

Magic City Monday
Dec 5, 2016

KonvexKonkav posted:

That sounds absolutely insane to me. I'm paying about 300€ in Germany including lunch. 900 would be almost the double of what I'm paying for rent, lol.

For real, in Köln it maxes out at like 650€ (kid under 2 years, income above 100.000 €)

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

KonvexKonkav posted:

More importantly: where do you live that you pay around 500€ for an apartment? Especially since I assume it‘s big enough that you can live there with a child and possibly a partner.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Don't listen to Wengy. He is the second highest earner itt and lives in a mega apartment with three balconies. Paying for a Kita is like buying a pack of milk for normal people like us :v:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Does somebody still have my tax rate comparison CH-DE, because that might have something to do with breeders getting fleeced in Switzerland.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh no, won't someone please think of the poor Swiss, next you know they'll have to buy watches cheaper than €1000

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

More importantly: where do you live that you pay around 500€ for an apartment? Especially since I assume it‘s big enough that you can live there with a child and possibly a partner.

Ridiculously low rent prices are one of the few advantages of living in Chemnitz.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I live in Berlin-Kreuzberg with my partner and the total warm rent of our Altbau Wohnung is about €550 lol

and because of the mietenfreeze it will stay that way for the next 5 years at least lol

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Simply Simon posted:

While we're at the topic, I wrote a short story on these forums about the superiority of German bread. It's :mediocre: but maybe someone here enjoys!

Language is a bit too flowery I think, but that American bread is just cake in disguise is definitely a sentiment I can agree with. Most egregious example is pumpkin :airquote: bread :airquote: which would absolutely be called a Kuchen here.

This is also not limited to germans, I heard more or less the same from czechs and poles.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

oliwan posted:

I live in Berlin-Kreuzberg with my partner and the total warm rent of our Altbau Wohnung is about €550 lol

and because of the mietenfreeze it will stay that way for the next 5 years at least lol

ah i'm glad to hear the renting situation in berlin is so reasonable

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/GriemVH/status/1260546388993155074

e: not gonna lie I kinda love our dorky Kanzlerin
https://twitter.com/DerMestermann/status/1260532887356674048

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 13:31 on May 13, 2020

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Wengy posted:

lol owned don't have kids my man

KonvexKonkav posted:

450€ possibly wouldn't even get you a WG Zimmer in Munich lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

When my cousin was apartment hunting in Munich two or three years ago one of the offers he got was 450€ warm for a 9m² WG-Zimmer... in loving Ebersberg, lmao