Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

ThatGirlAtThatShow posted:

My former friends have now walked away because you know, I'm apparently a boomer and a Karen and all I want is a haircut. This hurts a lot more than it should. But that's fine, they have jobs and such and I'm honestly glad for them. I'm glad for anyone who's going to come out of this alive.

Jesus. I know the post is all terrible, but your friends literally leaving you to die is certainly a way to find out how much they valued you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

ThatGirlAtThatShow

Do you have PayPal? If I get you plat, you can PM me your PayPal email adress and I'd be happy to at least provide a week or two's worth of food and other necessities.

In addition to that there's a C-Spam goonbucks thread where I strongly suggest you get in touch with the OP... they've literally kept me from starving at the beginning of the crisis.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Unperson_47 posted:

Ducks have foul poo poo and are ornery shitheads. Geese are just big ducks so I can only imagine they are even worse. Also pancakes have batter.

What’s this poo poo? First channel locks now this. Don’t poo poo this thread up

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Home Depot's billionaire founder donated $7m to Trump's first campaign and has pledged to do it again.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Bronze Fonz posted:

Do you have PayPal? If I get you plat, you can PM me your PayPal email adress and I'd be happy to at least provide a week or two's worth of food and other necessities.

same. we have to stick together more than ever now, with what feels like 90% of the population coming out as terminally brain dead in the face of certain doom. i'm about a month from the same situation financially but I have what I need for now.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I just filled my pantry, fridge and freezer like some prepper that can actually grow a beard (bastard).

ThatGirlAtThatShow by all means if we can somehow get funds to you, you're not alone and I know several aspects of your current position all too well.

Just say "Yes get me plat so I can send you an email where you can send money". That's it.

This Very Primed Minister has a birthday gift for you!

Bronze Fonz fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 12, 2020

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

My heart goes out to you. I'm sure there are so many people in a similar situation and it's infuriating to me on a daily basis that we could easily prevent it from happening... But we just don't because of literal evil people and the ignorant idiots they've scammed into keeping them in power.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I don't support these idiots who are waving guns around and screaming that there's no virus, but I've been pushed onto their side by a lot of my former friends. I need a job. I need an economy. That may sound selfish but it is literally starve, or gently caress for money right now.

TLDR thanks for coming to my TED talk. Thanks for not saying we're all crazy.

I am so sorry this has happened to you. America is a despicable place because our society actively chooses not to help ordinary people like you. :sigh:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

What’s this poo poo? First channel locks now this. Don’t poo poo this thread up

Sorry about that. That one about ducks was a saved post that was on the mobile app from another thread months ago that I didn't catch and overwrote my post. My post was supposed to be:

Well, one of the local papers relented and posted the number of recovered FIRST in the Facebook post and the people complaining about it must've thought that would've made the deaths go away because our deaths climbed again and they are in the comments full-force.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Hazo posted:

My heart goes out to you. I'm sure there are so many people in a similar situation and it's infuriating to me on a daily basis that we could easily prevent it from happening... But we just don't because of literal evil people and the ignorant idiots they've scammed into keeping them in power.

our unemployment in Louisiana is likely getting pulled when we reopen on the 15th. apparently the catch to the small business loans is that you have to report employees who wont work because of corona to the state. its literally ThatGirlAtThatShows situation times what, half the country probably? my work has been asking me to come back for the last few weeks but I have effectively ghosted. I gave them 8 years of my life and I figured that's enough, I didn't make It this far to sacrifice myself to the 'economy'. hail satan!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
ThatGirlAtThatShow, I know instacart/doordash/etc. suck, but I would strongly recommend them rather than in-person sex work right now. Besides gig stuff, there are also a ton of businesses actively hiring.

quote:

I'm also aware that you can't prove what was said between two people in an interview, and that it isn't the first time I've run into that. You can only beat your head against a wall so long until you stop, you know?
If they're being that overt, before you go into an interview, set your phone to record and drop it in your purse

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Binary Badger posted:

Go live in Canada.

I like living close to family.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Anne Whateley posted:

ThatGirlAtThatShow, I know instacart/doordash/etc. suck, but I would strongly recommend them rather than in-person sex work right now. Besides gig stuff, there are also a ton of businesses actively hiring.

If they're being that overt, before you go into an interview, set your phone to record and drop it in your purse

Don't do this in the two or "all" party consent states:
California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Bronze Fonz posted:

I was wondering about that... how do you guys, and people around you, and the rest of the US population manage without financial help? A lot got to switch to working from home, but what about those who can't?

I'd be literally starving without the canadian CERB , I don't understand how places that didn't get such measures put in place don't devolve to chaos.

The answer is beans, right?

I went from being a Social Media Manager on contract with 3 different agencies and a half-dozen individual Realtors to being your local no-contact handyman. I'm building shelves, installing fences, organizing garages, installing ceiling fans, cleaning out storage sheds and listing the contents on the internet, I'm doing all sorts of stuff that was only ever a halfhearted hobby, and I'm doing it for mad cash because all the handypeople in Orlando were apparently tradesmen who did handywork on the side, and there's no shortage of trades jobs in the city now with the absurd amounts of construction going on.

It's not what I wanted to do, but it was that or starve. My Florida Unemployment hasn't been processed and I didn't go into this flush with cash. I'd really like to stay home but I don't have that luxury, so I go out and do things away from people and when I come near people one of my clients gave me a really nice triple-layer reusable mask (he's a nurse practitioner so I trust that it's not total garbage) so that's what I wear when I do my pickups from Ace or whatever.

On the upside, this is way better than dealing with Realtors all day (or at all, ever) so I'm looking into becoming an electrician or a carpenter when the world resumes.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

Naw, as time passes and the truth becomes accepted, people won't be able to ignore that he willfully lied to the people and got 1 million + killed.

lol. I don't know if you noticed this but, olds got tired of being asked to apologize to zoomers, so as revenge they elected a leader who doesn't apologize for anything ever. Imagine a pack of bullies at school, except there's literally no teachers or parents who exist to stop them. And now they're seeing how many of them can sit on you at once until you can't breathe and pass out.

No, nothing like that happened to me at recess, why do you ask?

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

Don't do this in the two or "all" party consent states:
California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

gently caress that, do it anyway. If they do some illegal hiring discrimination you can give them trial by Facebook. What the gently caress are they going to do, sue someone with 0 dollars?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 23:20 on May 12, 2020

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Blistex posted:

Because they don't want to lose customers and get a facebook crusade started against them.

Also this.

I don't understand why people in the US get so mad when private business mandate something if you want to go in their store. Isn't their whole schtick, "Rights and Freedoms"? Or is it only their rights?

Our local right-wingers are melting down over Charlamagne Tha God saying that black people should buy guns to avoid being stalked and murdered by white people like Ahmaud Arbery was.

It's all about their rights, and you can go get shot. Especially if you're black.

Just like they're all about states' rights until King Trump issues an edict. Or the first amendment until someone says "Nazi's bad."

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Trump may not live long enough to see his named completely and utterly trashed in the history books. But it will happen. His is a name that in time, like Hitler, will be reviled by Americans.

a lot of our shittiest presidents continue to be honored, including some of the more blatantly racist and downright genocidal ones. why do you expect trump will be treated any differently?

i mean there are history books that tell the truth about those lovely presidents, of course, and there will hopefully be some that do so with trump. but the idea that he'll be universally reviled by americans seems really naive.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Earwicker posted:

a lot of our shittiest presidents continue to be honored, including some of the more blatantly racist and downright genocidal ones. why do you expect trump will be treated any differently?

i mean there are history books that tell the truth about those lovely presidents, of course, and there will hopefully be some that do so with trump. but the idea that he'll be universally reviled by americans seems really naive.

"history is written by the victors"

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

its not even that, i mean the confederacy lost the civil war but figures like lee and jackson were still admired enough in their home states that they put up memorials and honor them. obviously there have always been some americans that reviled such figures, but they were never universally reviled and still are not, jefferson davis is not thought of in the us the way hitler is in germany or other countries, there are still highways named after him

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Waltzing Along posted:

Trump may not live long enough to see his named completely and utterly trashed in the history books. But it will happen. His is a name that in time, like Hitler, will be reviled by Americans. I'm not saying he is another Hitler, just that his name is going to be one that no one will want. His ancestors will be shamed into using pseudonyms and eventually there will be no Trumps.

Good.

20 years from now when this nation elects an open Klansman and pedophile running entirely on a platform of "owning the libs" Trump will be rehabilitated and remembered with fond nostalgia.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Sono posted:

Just like they're all about states' rights until King Trump issues an edict. Or the first amendment until someone says "Nazi's bad."

Yeah, when he started trying to order around state/local governments I just closed my eyes and imagined what they'd say if Obama told a Republican governor to open up their state. Except instead of chanting "states rights" they were just screaming racial slurs.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Subvisual Haze posted:

20 years from now when this nation elects an open Klansman and pedophile running entirely on a platform of "owning the libs" Trump will be rehabilitated and remembered with fond nostalgia.

yep. centrist dems will be talking about how much they "miss trump" just like they currently do about george w

you are off on the 20 years tho its more like 4

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Honestly, and it's tough for me to say this, I don't think anyone should die. That's just my humble opinion though :)

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

Honestly, and it's tough for me to say this, I don't think anyone should die. That's just my humble opinion though :)

Ever? There's a lot of science fiction on the topic of the problems that causes.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

Trump already admitted that it doesn’t matter how high the body count goes, he and his administration consider their response a success no matter how many dead there ends up being, and his base didn’t even blink. If anything, it made them lose their loving minds and made them do poo poo like protest in front of an old country buffet and do push ups in front of a state building.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

phasmid posted:

Yeah, when he started trying to order around state/local governments I just closed my eyes and imagined what they'd say if Obama told a Republican governor to open up their state. Except instead of chanting "states rights" they were just screaming racial slurs.

if obama were in charge he'd be urging states to stay closed while republican governors refuse and open them anyway and he would make some speeches condemning their actions in the strongest possible terms but they'd just do their thing anyway

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Subvisual Haze posted:

"At least he only bragged about sexually assaulting women of legal age."

The future is going to be pretty loving weird.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Plastik posted:

Ever? There's a lot of science fiction on the topic of the problems that causes.

the internet says:

100 billion
Recent estimates of the "total number of people who have ever lived" are in the order of 100 billion.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Zero VGS posted:

"history is written by the vectors"

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Earwicker posted:

if obama were in charge he'd be urging states to stay closed while republican governors refuse and open them anyway and he would make some speeches condemning their actions in the strongest possible terms but they'd just do their thing anyway

...and when the body count gets to be overwhelming and their states' economies crash in much more severe and permanent ways they'll still blame Obama for not doing anything.

Lotti Fuehrscheim
Jun 13, 2019

dee eight posted:

the internet says:

100 billion
Recent estimates of the "total number of people who have ever lived" are in the order of 100 billion.

Yes, but less than half of them lived long enough to learn to speak.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Lotti Fuehrscheim posted:

Yes, but less than half of them lived long enough to learn to speak.

more than half of them were stupid enough to vote or drive a car, and most of them didn't really care either way[1]

[1] citation uncalled for

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Hogan announcing something tomorrow evening. Cases in MD continue to rise but deaths and hospitalizations are flat or falling.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

Trump may not live long enough to see his named completely and utterly trashed in the history books. But it will happen. His is a name that in time, like Hitler, will be reviled by Americans. I'm not saying he is another Hitler, just that his name is going to be one that no one will want. His ancestors will be shamed into using pseudonyms and eventually there will be no Trumps.

Good.

Democrats/liberals are openly praising Bush right now.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Trump will only ever be maligned by his successors if America falls, hard. Like the Third Reich fell. If the Nazis held onto power for 80 years, hey would still adore Hitler; and if the current American regime holds onto power, it will come up with a way to idolize and mythologize Trump as well.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

spacetoaster posted:

Democrats/liberals are openly praising Bush right now.

It's loving mindbending.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
There needs to be a clear historical watershed in order to leave behind the evil legacy of the past leadership

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

pro starcraft loser posted:

Hogan announcing something tomorrow evening. Cases in MD continue to rise but deaths and hospitalizations are flat or falling.

Meat shoes for all

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

steinrokkan posted:

Trump will only ever be maligned by his successors if America falls, hard. Like the Third Reich fell. If the Nazis held onto power for 80 years, hey would still adore Hitler; and if the current American regime holds onto power, it will come up with a way to idolize and mythologize Trump as well.

Exactly. And the US has already fallen over the cliff. It's not on the precipice, it has fallen. The question is when will we land so that we can rebuild? It's inevitable that a total crash is coming and from there we can finally begin the repairs that are so desperately needed. It may be in 10 years. It may be 50. But the system is so completely flawed and broken it is beyond repair.

And once we do get to that point, then people will be able to look back clearly and see how awful Trump truly is/was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Waltzing Along posted:

Exactly. And the US has already fallen over the cliff. It's not on the precipice, it has fallen. The question is when will we land so that we can rebuild? It's inevitable that a total crash is coming and from there we can finally begin the repairs that are so desperately needed. It may be in 10 years. It may be 50. But the system is so completely flawed and broken it is beyond repair.

And once we do get to that point, then people will be able to look back clearly and see how awful Trump truly is/was.

Sorry to break this to you, but there is very little reason to think the current elites won't hold onto power. We are experiencing a really bad spell, but it isn't bad enough to be an existential threat to the power structure, especially when there is no external threat that could destabilize the policy consensus protected by both parties.

It took the literal destruction of society to remove the Nazi regime, and nothing of the sort is happening in the US.