Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

This is the sheriff of Richland County.

This is him a few hours later when he was called out for being a dipshit by a few people.

In comments, he would then say that he was not hacked and that he is being satirical. A god drat poo poo show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sailor Jerry
May 28, 2013
Pillbug
What an insane human. I've seen similar takes from random people, but not from elected officials.

Wasn't Richland where that lady who had a confirmed case just casually went shopping one evening instead of being self-isolating?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Sailor Jerry posted:

What an insane human. I've seen similar takes from random people, but not from elected officials.

Wasn't Richland where that lady who had a confirmed case just casually went shopping one evening instead of being self-isolating?

Yep. Since yesterday, he has pretty much been pushing the idea that he was just puppet mastering the liberal snowflakes and he never really wanted the idiotic plan to be put in place and he was never hacked, it was just more puppet mastering.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So in hyper-local Normal, IL news...

Our Mayor, Chris Koos (D) owns a bicycle shop. Pritzker declared that bike shops are considered "essential" businesses with his orders - after all, people rely on bikes for transportation. So, he's kept his bike shop open.

Local chuds are extremely mad about this. Specifically mad at the mayor for some reason, because ... I dunno, he should close down in solidarity with bars or something? Or he's being a hypocrite by owning an essential business that they don't think should be? I have no idea, I am extremely confused what their gripe is besides "is a democrat and still open."

So on Saturday there was a demonstration of ... gosh, less than a dozen ... of the usual suspects, maskless and waving signs around. They started on a pretty busy corner, and then planned a march to Koos's bicycle shop a block or two away to yell at him there.

Anyway, my point ... Mayor Koos caught wind of the upcoming demonstration, and had this banner specially made for this occasion.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
There was a small protest in Rockford over the weekend. Newspaper site has a pic of a guy wearing a jockstrap as a mask.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

So in hyper-local Normal, IL news...

Our Mayor, Chris Koos (D) owns a bicycle shop. Pritzker declared that bike shops are considered "essential" businesses with his orders - after all, people rely on bikes for transportation. So, he's kept his bike shop open.

Local chuds are extremely mad about this. Specifically mad at the mayor for some reason, because ... I dunno, he should close down in solidarity with bars or something? Or he's being a hypocrite by owning an essential business that they don't think should be? I have no idea, I am extremely confused what their gripe is besides "is a democrat and still open."

So on Saturday there was a demonstration of ... gosh, less than a dozen ... of the usual suspects, maskless and waving signs around. They started on a pretty busy corner, and then planned a march to Koos's bicycle shop a block or two away to yell at him there.

Anyway, my point ... Mayor Koos caught wind of the upcoming demonstration, and had this banner specially made for this occasion.

I used to live above this building, holy poo poo.

The protestors are probably going to over-occupy the area by the fitness store to protest. Hope that's closed...

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

WescottF1 posted:

There was a small protest in Rockford over the weekend. Newspaper site has a pic of a guy wearing a jockstrap as a mask.

Yup, that sounds like Rockford.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Forrest on Fire posted:

I used to live above this building, holy poo poo.

The protestors are probably going to over-occupy the area by the fitness store to protest. Hope that's closed...
hah, nice. I used to live down the road from it.

There were less than a dozen of them. They all looked like they could have used the help of a fitness store, but they couldn't over-occupy anything bigger than a bus stop shelter.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Apparently, there is a radio station (92.9) pushing the reopen bs. They are doing a call in radio show I think on Thursday. They will have people call in and they will explain to them how they can reopen since the governor’s orders are all “unconstitutional”.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Apparently, there is a radio station (92.9) pushing the reopen bs. They are doing a call in radio show I think on Thursday. They will have people call in and they will explain to them how they can reopen since the governor’s orders are all “unconstitutional”.

I wonder if Pritzker will do this:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I wonder if Pritzker will do this:

DO IT!!! :jackbud:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/BauerJournalism/status/1260303508307349504

Edit: and man did he step in it answering the baseball question.

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 13, 2020

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

I missed it. What was the baseball question?

Yeah, chuds around here are pissed about the drop of federal funds (“drat dictator”) and apparently a few restaurants have been contacted about losing their liquor licenses so they have shut down dine in services.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/stltoday/status/1260374334448848897?s=20

let's see how this goes, especially since they're right across the river from St Louis where things are opening up on Friday (or have been open for a few days already, if you're in St Charles County)

Shotgun Willie
Jul 13, 2005
Shotgun Toting Hick
Barely anybody seemed to be taking it seriously even in the populated areas of the county, compliance was based entirely upon how willing each grocery store or whatever was willing to enforce non-suicidal behaviors. Can't wait to hear how smug the customers at my wife's job are tomorrow!

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Troy Queef posted:

let's see how this goes, especially since they're right across the river from St Louis where things are opening up on Friday (or have been open for a few days already, if you're in St Charles County)

Chairman Kurt Prenzler posted:

“If you’re concerned about insurance, call your insurance man. If you’re concerned about legal liability, call your lawyer. The county is not your lawyer, Our goal is to be good citizens. We believe they [business owners] can be responsible.”

It even says in this bill they have no idea what the legality of this is, they cannot give any guidance for insurance, and businesses will probably lose their liquor licenses.

The Bill posted:

These recommendations establish what we believe is a responsible path forward for our county to begin reopening. It does not guarantee the state wide legality of any reopening outside of the parameters of the emergency orders issued by the state of Illinois. Doing so may cause a business owner to lose its state or federal licensing and/or liability insurance coverage.

This is so dumb.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Troy Queef posted:

I hate this hell county and everyone in it.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
I cant even really tell how this is even going to go since I haven't left my apartment in like a month except to go to work. So I don't really have much reference to how people have been behaving but I'll bet it's not good based on how many cars I see in drive-thrus

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
People seem to take mask wearing and distancing in Springfield, IL seriously enough. Most businesses that can have gone to curbside pick-up. I'm unsure who is really effected aside from bars, entertainment venues, and sit down restaurants. Some places have to be making more money because people are so loving sick of sitting at home they'll take any opportunity they need to go out and hit the drive-thru.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Home Depot in suburban Chicago is nearly fully compliant with masks. It's packed, though

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I can understand that, it's getting late in the spring and everyone's home improvement projects got all hosed up the past two months. I have a fence I need to rebuild, I got as far as tearing the old poo poo down and then got quarantined and have been trying to be a good boy and put the project off. But it's gonna get hot soon and gently caress building a fence in summer heat.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Menard’s in Effingham is turning away anyone without a mask and I saw 2 different groups get pissed off. They are also not allowing kids under the age of 16 in and are only supposed to be allowing 500 people in at a time (the lady telling people to get masks was also marking off everyone who came in).

I then went to Walmart 2 blocks away and the workers are wearing masks but only about half of the people were.

A few weeks ago, Menards only had a handful of people wearing masks and Walmart was probably around 75% of the people wearing masks.

You know, I understand that we all want stuff to “return to normal” and each one of these steps is based on people doing what they are supposed to be doing (wearing masks, social distancing, etc) but Rs have turned this into a political issue and that just means that it will take longer to get stuff up and running again.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Yea, the REOPEN NOW crowd are actually just shooting themselves in the foot, but what else is new with Republicans. If we reopen sooner, then the disease will drag out longer, and as long as a bunch of people don't feel safe going out, you're going to have diminished sales/diners/etc.

Home improvement stores are understandably busy because everyone is home all the time now, so they 1) have extra time to make these improvements, and 2) are probably noticing other things they want to fix. Still annoying to try and make a quick Home Depot run and find the place just packed with people.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

limp_cheese posted:

It even says in this bill they have no idea what the legality of this is, they cannot give any guidance for insurance, and businesses will probably lose their liquor licenses.

This is so dumb.

Does anyone know what insurance companies are going to do in these areas? I don't think Aetna wants to cover hospital costs for people who couldn't follow basic guidelines like wearing a mask.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

The X-man cometh posted:

Does anyone know what insurance companies are going to do in these areas? I don't think Aetna wants to cover hospital costs for people who couldn't follow basic guidelines like wearing a mask.

I am guessing most of them are not looking forward to dealing with this where 1) businesses are not protected from their employees suing them if they get sick, 2) customers suing if there is an outbreak connected to the business, and 3) the state suing them for opening up against the order.

Effingham county just voted unanimously (in 5 minutes) to approve the highly foolish 14 day plan that is spreading around southern Illinois. It took less than an hour for several businesses to post online that they are open for business and ready to go.

One of them I had thought about getting a pizza from soon (got a gift card) but I will wait until this is all over because I do not want to reward dumb behavior.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

The X-man cometh posted:

Insurance companies deny valid claims all the time. most likely they will do some variation of that but more.

esquilax
Jan 3, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

Health insurance claims are way down in general due to people avoiding elective care. Just like how a lot of auto insurance companies are giving premium rebates, right now I'd image they are more concerned with insurance regulators coming after them for excessive 2020 profits or low loss ratios then they are with general cost control.

BCBSIL, for example, is picking up the cost share for all treatment related to COVID through their entire fully-insured book of business. Not just testing, but treatment itself - they are specifically waiving deductibles and copays for treatment due to COVID through May 31 and it may be extended.

I imagine the big insurance issue for reopening is things like liability and worker's comp.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Menards is my go -to snack food and drinks store, their prices are great.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Dammit, my local radio page posted an article about how Wisconsin’s Supreme Court ruled against their Governor’s order (Fox News completely ignoring the lame duck judge that ruled and will be gone in August).

Their comment on the post was how this could have implications for Pritzker’s orders...because they apparently do not understand how state legal systems work.

Edit: they took it down.

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 14, 2020

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

The X-man cometh posted:

No idea, but I am absolutely positive opening before the state allows it would be willful negligence.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Love the Illinois GOP whining about not having input on reopening

Yeah that's what happens when you suffer historic losses, people pretty clearly don't want your input

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

KDdidit posted:

Menards is my go -to snack food and drinks store, their prices are great.

when Menards first expanded to the STL metro i went to see what their prices and selection were like compared to Lowe's/Home Depot, and was stunned by them having a large and decent selection of food products not 10 yards away from the paint department. it's glorious.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

The Kane county sheriff isn't going to enforce orders

Grundy county prosecutor isn't going to prosecute violations

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

The Illinois Sheriff’s Association threw a fit because Pritzker called out the dumb sheriff’s that are refusing to enforce the order.

“Well, I know that not wearing pants and underwear in public is frowned upon but those rules are infringing upon my rights to travel how I want so why should I follow them when you said that if something is “unconstitutional” I should ignore it.

Edit: Crawford County had a board meeting tonight where they were going to “approve a no confidence vote in the Crawford County Health Department” but they apparently got side tracked with a long discussion about seceding from Illinois. Things are going well...

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 15, 2020

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

The Illinois Sheriff’s Association threw a fit because Pritzker called out the dumb sheriff’s that are refusing to enforce the order.

“Well, I know that not wearing pants and underwear in public is frowned upon but those rules are infringing upon my rights to travel how I want so why should I follow them when you said that if something is “unconstitutional” I should ignore it.

Edit: Crawford County had a board meeting tonight where they were going to “approve a no confidence vote in the Crawford County Health Department” but they apparently got side tracked with a long discussion about seceding from Illinois. Things are going well...

And then downstate wonders why they have no say in state government...

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Suntimes/status/1261740957751533568?s=20

:ughh:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The American identity is no longer "gently caress you got mine," it's just straight "gently caress you."

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

xzzy posted:

The American identity is no longer "gently caress you got mine," it's just straight "gently caress you."

It plays directly into Bailey’s playbook. poo poo on everything and provide no solutions, just toss poo poo. Now he can bitch that Madigan is keeping him from having his voice heard.

Also, there is a Chud rally today in Springfield that Bailey is at. He is refusing to wear a mask next week and in the background is a QAnon supporter.

What gets me is that Wilhour put out an actual plan. It is pretty much Pritzker’s plan but 14 day periods between phases instead of 28. But the plan also requires mask wearing through all phases and they are claiming that the government needs to trust the people to follow the rules. But Bailey is the main example of why they will not.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I hope Madigan actually refuses to let them in if they won't wear a mask. I called my rep and told him to keep them out if they won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

This is the new “Pritzker is a tyrant push”. Who knew that businesses refusing to follow the rules would lead to a push for more punishment.

https://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/20...ated-new-rules/

”So called government watchdogs” posted:

Illinois Governor Pritzker’s emergency rule change locks down the state for 150 days, makes criminals out of those who violated new rules
BY KIRK ALLEN ON MAY 16, 2020 • ( 18 COMMENTS )
Illinois (ECWd) –

It appears the Governor is realizing his Executive Orders are not laws and they violate people’s Constitutional rights.

What is the norm in Illinois when elected officials get exposed for violating the law? Change the law.

In this case, change the rules and make criminals out of the very people that are the economic engine in this state.

Not only do these new suggested rules invoke criminal penalties, but they also are to last 150 days and are being pushed through in an Emergency provision for such rule changes, meaning the public has little say about it. Let that sink in. Under these proposed rules it appears the Governor intends to continue with his oppressive overreach and lock this state down into the middle of October.

If approved, the Illinois Department of Public Health would be enacting an Emergency Rule establishing criminal penalties for violating what appears to be Governor Pritzker’s Executive Orders. This action points to his desperation and an admission his EOs had no enforcement power outside of those given in the law, which were limited to the Illinois Emergency Managment Agency. According to the Emergency Rule, violating IDPH rules will constitute a Class A Misdemeanor, which includes a fine and/or imprisonment. County State’s Attorneys will be charged with bringing the charges – but it is already well-established, a State’s Attorney has prosecutorial discretion when it comes to charging someone with a crime. (See section 8.1 of Public Health Act)

One thing we noticed on first reading, is the exemption for Airports and Hospitals having sit-down restaurants. We understand the hospitals, but why is it OK for an airport restaurant to serve sit-down customers, but not OK for any other restaurants in this state to serve sit-down customers? This provision points to a Constitutional issue of discrimination.

We also noticed there are no exceptions for indoor fitness rooms in hotels in this new rule. We exposed Pritzker’s discrimination of private fitness centers in this article. Discriminatory because fitness centers in Hotels were open, to include hotels tied to Pritzker’s Business. This new rule would close all hotel fitness centers as we understand it. Is this a case of break the law, change the law after being exposed?

Not surprising from this group of legal beagles is the fact it ignores the Regulatory Flexibility provision found in the Rulemaking process guidelines.

The IAPA requires agencies to take particular notice of the impact a proposed rulemaking has on small businesses, small municipalities, and non-profit organizations and to attempt to minimize the economic burden the rulemaking may impose on these entities.

Just reading the proposed rules it is clear the economic burden such a rule imposes on small businesses and small municipalities is devastating. If the businesses are shut down as proposed they have little or no financial ability to make ends meet, which includes paying of property tax that these municipalities operate under. Those very taxes ensure the people have Emergency Services such as Fire, Police, Ambulance, and yes, a local Health Department. It appears adopting such a rule all but guarantees the economic collapse of Illinois.

We believe The JCAR committee should bring this rule to a screeching halt through the Objection and Suspension procedures outlined in the rulemaking process.

“An Objection to an emergency or peremptory rule indicates that JCAR finds the rule is not consistent with statute, has an adverse economic impact on small businesses, small municipalities, and non-profit organizations, or fails to meet some other standard established by the IAPA.”

“A Suspension of an emergency or peremptory rule, in conjunction with an Objection, stops the rule from being enforced based on JCAR’s finding that the rule is contrary to the public interest, safety or welfare and/or that there is no legitimate reason for the agency to have used emergency or peremptory rulemaking.”

Anyone in their right mind should see that this proposed rule has an adverse economic impact on small businesses. This is extremely important to understand because the very Pandemic and Influenza plan adopted by the state speaks to this point as it relates actions that damage the economy.

“Even if somewhat effective in controlling influenza in large populations, it would not be feasible to implement and enforce with available resources and would damage the economy by reducing the workforce.”

If the adopted pandemic plan understands you don’t keep people quarantined because it would damage the economy, the parallel is you don’t close businesses as that destroys our economy even further. (Article on the Pandemic Influenza Plan)

Of interest is what appears to be a due process provision within the rulemaking process.

“An agency, JCAR, the Governor, an affected local government, 25 interested individuals, or an association representing at least 100 interested persons may request that the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity perform an analysis of the proposed rulemaking to determine this impact.”

We suspect there are far more than 25 interested individuals that will request the applicable analysis if this rule is adopted.

Prior to the rule, a person or business could exercise their due process rights, force the Health Department to obtain a court order, and only if they continued operating after a Judge ordered them closed would they be subject to arrest and prosecution. Our reading of this rule is that those due process rights placing the burden on the government to prove they can shut you down have now shifted. Now, this rule shuts you down without any due process and if you open, they make you a criminal.

We believe this action is a clear indicator that Governor Pritzker is realizing very quickly his actions were not consistent with law and his last hope is to change the rules. Such action confirms what we have said all along, the law does not provide him the power he thinks he has.

We suspect there will be a substantial push back on this rule to include legal action if adopted.

We note there is nothing on the Agenda for action to be taken on this matter during the next JCAR meeting, Wednesday, May 2020.