Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I like how that model always assumes we're currently at the death peak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Giant Metal Robot posted:

Watch that IHME tail keep getting fatter.

You're still flattening the curve if you keep the spike high and reduce the tail slope

mystes
May 31, 2006

Maximally flatten by keeping it as a horizontal line.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

etalian posted:

Terro is pretty much the best solution I've found for ant invasions even though it does take a few days to be a effective.

after using terro for the last few years, i don't understand how the other traps suck when sugar water and borax seems simple as hell

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Are masks just symbolic of the whole effort to control the virus, or is there something specific about masks themselves that are driving these people crazy?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ChristsDickWorship posted:

after using terro for the last few years, i don't understand how the other traps suck when sugar water and borax seems simple as hell

capitalism trying desperately to invent a novel(patentable) solution to a solved problem

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are masks just symbolic of the whole effort to control the virus, or is there something specific about masks themselves that are driving these people crazy?

https://twitter.com/KuchenApple/status/1260386841556955140

MASK NAZIS

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Illinois just had a county revolt, the one adjacent to st Louis. Health committee voted, almost all in favor to open up

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

Samurai Sanders posted:

masks aren't for the virus, they're a deep-state attempt to create a culture of mindless compliance through social engineering

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ChristsDickWorship posted:

I notice that ants actually ignore the expensive traps brands like raid but get quickly addicted to terro.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There's a bunch of ants in my bathroom and I put out terro and those stupid bastards are swarming it and I know what's coming

this must be what god feels like
maybe he just thinks we're a bunch of icky things mucking up his place

but goddamn ants really love terro

FYI you can just put out a little bowl of borox and powder sugar and save yourself $$

But yeah same here my dude. I actually have lived in my apartment for 7 years and never seen an ant once before and thought I was super lucky because I've dealt with them in past living situations and it sucks; but recently the bathroom has had intermittent ants coming out of god knows where swarming parts, disappearing for days, coming back, etc. I have absolutely no idea what the gently caress they're eating because I always keep it pretty clean but I guess there could be some colorless mold in a corner near the tub or something? Idk. It might be because it's been really warm all of a sudden and way too early for it to be this hot, who knows.

I put out a basically same terro trap so we'll see.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Hot Karl Marx posted:

a gram of cocaine can kill 50 men

One man can kill 50 grams of cocaine

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I'm that man

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

actionjackson posted:

If the permanent WFH employees relocate to a part of the country that's actually affordable, do they decrease their salary?

that'd be a great grift to live in a cheap location but keep the SF salary
when my old company relocated a bunch of people from CA to Austin they kept their CA salaries but were put on the TX pay scale

so basically, you didn’t get a pay cut but you were ineligible for annual raises unless you got promoted

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
i am the cocaine

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Past the peak. :)

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Son of Man posted:

One man can kill 50 grams of cocaine

I killed fiddy grams, then a rack of Schlitz after they shot my shins off, Hank!

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

My Large Cowardly Son

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

they rely on lip reading to hear and cant admit it because a hearing aid is worse than death to them

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

what does talking to his son have to do with this

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/bruce_y_lee/status/1260386540318011392

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
MASK SHARIA!!11!1!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's the same reason they hate beards

"Those are for those damned reds"

The cold war never ended

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

they rely on lip reading to hear and cant admit it because a hearing aid is worse than death to them

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I like wearing a mask and staying away from people

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Samurai Sanders posted:

In the 1918 pandemic there was an “anti-mask league” in San Fransico

quote:

But not everyone was on board. Hordes of scofflaws were caught not wearing or incorrectly wearing masks. More than 100 people were rounded up and charged with "disturbing the peace" shortly after the measure went into place and were fined $5 on one day in October. Most cases were dismissed, and the proceeds went to support the American Red Cross.

In another incident, a public health officer for the city shot and severely wounded a man for not wearing a mask in late October, the San Francisco Chronicle reported at the time.

The mandates were largely effective, although city officials, believing the worst was behind them, lifted restrictions. But a spike in cases after the New Year in 1919 prompted the Board of Supervisors to re-enact the mandatory mask ordinance. By that time, the patriotic fervor that influenced compliance had waned.

That's when the Anti-Mask League was formed.

"People are tired of living under these restrictions, both the wartime restrictions as well as the epidemic control measures," Navarro said. "That's why that general grumbling about wearing masks spilled over into an actual organized protest movement in San Francisco."

Navarro believes the group had only one meeting in late January, which was attended by about 2,000 people who did not wear masks (although organizers at the time claimed that the number was more than twice that). Mrs. EC Harrington, who was identified as the group's chairman, urged the city Board of Supervisors to give residents "speedy relief" from the "burdensome" requirement, according to board's meeting minutes.
The group included influential business and community leaders, including a member of the Board of Supervisors, and "were able to organize fairly quickly because there'd been a lot of opposition to the mask order the first time," Navarro said.

Weeks later, the city's mayor rescinded the mask order after the persistent protests. In the end, the city recorded 45,000 cases and more than 3,000 deaths from fall 1918 to winter 1919, according to research by the Center for the History of Medicine.

Basically refusing to comply with even mild inconveniences even in the face of death is baked into Americas DNA and is what makes us so exceptional

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pidgin Englishman posted:

I thought 110k was under selling the covering up that'd happen. Welp, mud on my face!

I was a bit worried about 120k being too low too. Surely they can't hide that many deaths.

lmao

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

Past the peak. :)

open uop

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Giant Metal Robot posted:

Watch that IHME tail keep getting fatter.

computer calculate area under the curve

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Inceltown posted:

I was a bit worried about 120k being too low too. Surely they can't hide that many deaths.

lmao

Oh they have already

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

what the gently caress does it matter if it could be transmitted through semen?! as long as it's still transmissible through your goddamn breath, it's still going to be infectious.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

gradenko_2000 posted:

what the gently caress does it matter if it could be transmitted through semen?! as long as it's still transmissible through your goddamn breath, it's still going to be infectious.

I gues horny people are hooking up while wearing gas masks, thinking they’re safe

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

duh this is why you wear a mask

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

gradenko_2000 posted:

orchitis from coronavirus might have the same issue such as it does with mumps and that's infertility and while I don't have/really like kids some people do and I'm not all VHEMT so following how this presents in all manners is important?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

drink up, ya little bastards
I got your number

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
I mean, by the time you're having sex you're close enough to transmit the virus regardless of whether it's in your jizz or not. The bigger concern here is testicular damage which was a known side effect of SARS.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I forgot my mask at home today and i am not dead.

#fakevirus #masknazis #cowardswearmasks #operitup #pastthepeak #80kcrisisactors

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Please tell me my cum isn't infected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

oxsnard posted:

I like how that model always assumes we're currently at the death peak

Their full graph shows includes a shaded area of certainty which could contain a potential new peak but their assumption is that even if that happens it'll only be slightly worse than the previous peak: