Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

facetoucher cat posted:

orchitis from coronavirus might have the same issue such as it does with mumps and that's infertility and while I don't have/really like kids some people do and I'm not all VHEMT so following how this presents in all manners is important?

I don't have a problem with investigating what coronavirus might do to someone's balls and/or general fertility, I just think that specifically interrogating whether you can spread it via intercourse seems a little redundant given the circumstances involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I now have a covid cut.

A self buzzed haircut done with the pet clippers I already owned.

Good thing I wear a hat most of the time.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

TMMadman posted:

I now have a covid cut.

struggle tweets

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1260232978816479233?s=20

Fuckin got em

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hmm maybe the press giving any coverage of fascists only helps them huh

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Their full graph shows includes a shaded area of certainty which could contain a potential new peak but their assumption is that even if that happens it'll only be slightly worse than the previous peak:

this is like going out with friends and ordering tequila shots even after remembering the last time you did it but figuring it could only be slightly worse but hoping for the best

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Illinois just had a county revolt, the one adjacent to st Louis. Health committee voted, almost all in favor to open up

why does the health committee have 30 members

quote:

Nearly 30 members of the Madison County Board of Health voted on the resolution, with a majority voting in favor. The plan, detailed in four phases, allows restaurants, bars, salons, daycares and gyms to open Wednesday. Restaurants, retail shops and gyms must only allow 25 percent of their capacity. Salons will have to limit customers by appointment only.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_County,_Illinois
lol this county has almost 300,000 people, these suburban psychos more have more in common with the area around Chicago than they do most the rest of the state

I also am frightened by this sentence

quote:

In 2009, the EPA issued an air pollution report that ranked Madison County as the county with the second-highest cancer risk in the country due to air pollution, second only to Los Angeles County, California.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

heh. I'm fine with it.

I don't care about my hair at all anymore because I wear a hat most of the time anyway.

Also, my stance regarding haircuts over the last 10 years or so has been 'it doesn't really matter if it gets screwed up because hair grows back'

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TMMadman posted:

I now have a covid cut.

:same:

pic unrelated

https://twitter.com/RatsEveryHour/status/1259980660246102017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

gradenko_2000 posted:

what the gently caress does it matter if it could be transmitted through semen?! as long as it's still transmissible through your goddamn breath, it's still going to be infectious.

Coronavirus is stored in the balls. We don't know for how long and whether it'll remain transmissible for any period but it's been found to happen in other viruses:

quote:

The testes, along with the eyes, placenta, foetus and central nervous system, are considered to be “immunoprivileged sites”, which means they are protected from severe inflammation associated with an immune response. This is probably an evolutionary adaptation that protects vital structures. So these are niches where viruses may be protected from the host immune response.

Immunoprivileged sites gained attention as places where viruses can persist after disease recovery during the 2013-16 West African Ebola virus outbreak. Ebola virus remained detectable in the semen of some survivors for more than three years and Ebola virus transmission through sexual intercourse can occur months after the patient has recovered.
https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-found-in-semen-of-young-men-with-covid-19-138059

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

anime was right posted:

the two for lease and the one for rent sign really adding to the vibe

oh god thats depressing

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

I don't have a problem with investigating what coronavirus might do to someone's balls and/or general fertility, I just think that specifically interrogating whether you can spread it via intercourse seems a little redundant given the circumstances involved

it's about glory holes

our truckers, and we love our truckers don't we folks, need to know if they're safe using one

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

What manner of rat is this

it's like a grapefruit

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

his goose is cooked! imagine the attack ads...

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Glory hole might still be safe

edit: haha of course I was beaten

Son of Man has issued a correction as of 03:35 on May 13, 2020

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you need to shut down until a vaccine

no . kill the workers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Son of Man posted:

Glory hole might still be safe

Condoms are encroaching on my 1st amendment rights.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

euphronius posted:

hmm maybe the press giving any coverage of fascists only helps them huh

you cant just cut out all the fascists and liars. how will networks fill out their 24 hours of coverage?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

maybe covering fascists is an ideological affirmation of fascism ??

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Condoms are encroaching on my 1st amendment rights.

old trucker saying:
The rubbers for the road, not the bedroom

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

Atrocious Joe posted:

why does the health committee have 30 members

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_County,_Illinois
lol this county has almost 300,000 people, these suburban psychos more have more in common with the area around Chicago than they do most the rest of the state

I also am frightened by this sentence

Most of the county lives on a flood plain right up against the river with an oil refinery right in the middle of it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Coronavirus is stored in the balls. We don't know for how long and whether it'll remain transmissible for any period but it's been found to happen in other viruses:

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-found-in-semen-of-young-men-with-covid-19-138059

okay this seems reasonable

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Inceltown posted:

https://twitter.com/notibomba/status/1259265233882886146

"The lives of blacks and Hispanics don't matter here," a chilling testimony from a New York nurse.

this healthcare system huh?!! USA USA

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/sarahemclaugh/status/1260389678026559489

mystes
May 31, 2006

If you use your brakes to avoid running over other people while driving, that's cowardice.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if ur diabetes powers are strong enough , u don’t need oven mitts

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

#ronibreak
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1256411019662016514/pu/vid/1170x662/keTw2tjfc6c1ak18.mp4

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

When people say that hospitals are classifying deaths as COVID19 to get more money what the gently caress do you say to these people?

You can't fake a higher death count that the average

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zotix posted:

When people say that hospitals are classifying deaths as COVID19 to get more money what the gently caress do you say to these people?

if hospitals wanted money they'd be doing electives. treating an actual pandemic is way less profitable, to the point that lots of hospitals are doing layoffs or are on the brink of having to close

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

what the gently caress is this

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

This is just as amazing as possum every hour

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
In California counties can petition the governor for permission to reopen more businesses. One of the criteria for reopening is that nobody has died of the roni in the county in the past 14 days. Someone died in my county today, but the board of supervisors is crowing about the fact that they submitted their petition yesterday so it doesn’t count. :suicide:

Pump Jockey has issued a correction as of 03:48 on May 13, 2020

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Sinkhole beyotch

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/jamieson/status/1260370129982021634

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Pump Jockey posted:

In California counties can petition the governor for permission to reopen more businesses. One of the criteria for reopening is that nobody has died of the roni in the county in the past 14 days. Someone died today in my county today, but the board of supervisors is crowing about the fact that they submitted their petition yesterday so it doesn’t count. :suicide:

thank you working hard

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

draining a rice field maybe?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

here is the state's :airquote: reasoning :airquote::

quote:

Ricketts has said the numbers can be unreliable because some people who have tested positive have given misleading information about where they work. He recommended that local health departments withhold the case counts unless they get permission from the plants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

why, that's not good news at all!!