Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Re: the bonkers Gaiman-Palmer drama

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/117915650.html

However this does not go as in depth into Palmer’s litany of lovely behavior, though the comments of the ONTD original do mention some incidents. Additionally, I think Gaiman has a few skeletons in the closet (goth puns!). They both seem to be this vortex of narcissism and god I hope their kid has other adults in his life.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

the clone war was an inside job

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jokes on you I read down Joey's panels instead because thats easier.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

teen witch posted:

However this does not go as in depth into Palmer’s litany of lovely behavior, though the comments of the ONTD original do mention some incidents. Additionally, I think Gaiman has a few skeletons in the closet (goth puns!). They both seem to be this vortex of narcissism and god I hope their kid has other adults in his life.

ONTD is still a thing?

...livejournal is still a thing?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

teen witch posted:

I want to be on Gaiman's side, because I read Sandman growing up and have nothing good to say about Amanda Palmer's creative output, but they both seem like insufferable fuckheads and I think it's kind of damning that ol gothic style nerdlinger abandoned his four year old in a different country during a pandemic. Not that I'm saying the kid was in any danger with his mom, but being that indifferent to your child's wellbeing that you'd gently caress off with extreme internationality, instead of toughing it out so you could be with them during uncertain times, is kind of insane.

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

teen witch posted:

They both seem to be this vortex of narcissism and god I hope their kid has any adults in his life.

Ftfy

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mysterious frankie posted:

I want to be on Gaiman's side, because I read Sandman growing up and have nothing good to say about Amanda Palmer's creative output, but they both seem like insufferable fuckheads and I think it's kind of damning that ol gothic style nerdlinger abandoned his four year old in a different country during a pandemic. Not that I'm saying the kid was in any danger with his mom, but being that indifferent to your child's wellbeing that you'd gently caress off with extreme internationality, instead of toughing it out so you could be with them during uncertain times, is kind of insane.

Amanda Palmer faked her suicide just so she could record the sound of her boyfriend finding her body, which she used on an album after he killed himself for real. She described it as "being a dumb kid" despite being 32 when she did it. Her songs have also included a bunch of racist and transphobic poo poo.

No matter how weird Neil Gaiman seems by dating women younger than him, he's never hit the depths of crazy that Palmer does on a regular basis.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

chitoryu12 posted:

Amanda Palmer faked her suicide just so she could record the sound of her boyfriend finding her body, which she used on an album after he killed himself for real. She described it as "being a dumb kid" despite being 32 when she did it. Her songs have also included a bunch of racist and transphobic poo poo.

No matter how weird Neil Gaiman seems by dating women younger than him, he's never hit the depths of crazy that Palmer does on a regular basis.

well, he did marry palmer

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RFC2324 posted:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Hell yeah

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

HOLY poo poo I was just listening to I want to break free when I saw this. Surreal

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Depends on the situation, I suppose.
I mean, if he and Palmer were throwing furniture at each other and breaking plates and getting into screaming matches, then getting the hell out of Dodge would be better for the kid in the longterm since that's not the sort of toxicity you'd want them being stuck in.

Granted, assuming that was the case is a huge If, and for all we know, it could be just like you said where he just decided to Nope on out of there out of conveniece.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

the_steve posted:

I mean, if he and Palmer were throwing furniture at each other and breaking plates and getting into screaming matches, then getting the hell out of Dodge would be better for the kid in the longterm since that's not the sort of toxicity you'd want them being stuck in.

Granted, assuming that was the case is a huge If, and for all we know, it could be just like you said where he just decided to Nope on out of there out of conveniece.

i think if you were fighting with your spouse but still wanted to be there for your kid, you might go somewhere else that's still reasonably close by so you could visit the kid or have them stay over some time, instead of to a different country.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

an actual dog posted:

Harv's Island, it gives you a house to use as a photography studio where you can place anything in your catalog and place villagers around and have them emote and stuff

At least it's not Jeff's island...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oct2xKMGOno

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
https://youtu.be/d-RbOVJNtBs

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
WednesdayOS is my favorite... if you haven’t paused to read the loading screen, there’s some good stuff in there

El Burbo posted:

the clone war was an inside job

:hmmyes:

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Stolen from a friend of a friend's twitter:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

chitoryu12 posted:

The blog makes him seem kind of like an annoying person, not crazy, then leaving his kid behind in time of plague makes him seem like griddled poo poo.

the_steve posted:

I think in this case, given duder is well off, if he and Palmer were having that bad of a time and either one or both didn’t feel safe shacking up, he could have taken a room nearby and binged Netflix to pass the time; not to keep tabs, but in case he gets a call from his estranged wife informing him that their 4 year old son came down with covid. Screwing off to the United Kingdom seems excessively cold hearted.

RFC2324 posted:

I thought it when he married Palmer, and I’ve still thought it to this day; she was his Weird Girl Rebound after Tori Amos absolutely refused to touch his dick/twirl around his garden in a crinoline slip plus oversized Cocteau Twins tshirt, looking spooky.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Turpitude II posted:

i think if you were fighting with your spouse but still wanted to be there for your kid, you might go somewhere else that's still reasonably close by so you could visit the kid or have them stay over some time, instead of to a different country.

Yeah New Zealand is the size of a US state, broken up into two big islands + a few small ones, and has large areas of low population density.

He could have absolutely hosed off into the middle of nowhere, or even to another major city, without any hassle at all.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Why would you use a panel from a Korean webcomic to make fun of wee*is launched 300 metres by a trebuchet*

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

RandomFerret posted:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeb!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Turpitude II posted:

I think in this case, given duder is well off, if he and Palmer were having that bad of a time and either one or both didn’t feel safe shacking up, he could have taken a room nearby and binged Netflix to pass the time; not to keep tabs, but in case he gets a call from his estranged wife informing him that their 4 year old son came down with covid. Screwing off to the United Kingdom seems excessively cold hearted.

:hmmyes:

Good point, I did not take that into consideration.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This is the first time I saw the Wednesday frog meme and was genuinely surprised it was Wednesday. I've been thinking it's been Tuesday until now.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Frog has to get bigger if he wants to weild the Masamune and take out Magus.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

wizzardstaff posted:

Stolen from a friend of a friend's twitter:

I'm going to need some help with these ones...

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Best I figure is the friend's friend is Alejandro Jodorowsky.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What anime is this from?

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Paladinus posted:

What anime is this from?
Nice bait.

It is from some Korean manga called something like skeleton warrior or night or soldier or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

What anime is this from?