Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
Microwave pancakes are great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Mug cakes are delicious but horrible to clean up. I always use "the soaking method" of filling the mug with water a huge squirt of soap then ignoring it until the next day

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

facetoucher cat posted:

Mug cakes are delicious but horrible to clean up. I always use "the soaking method" of filling the mug with water a huge squirt of soap then ignoring it until the next day

Try a smaller squirt but also adding some vinegar.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Pattinson is just trying to be the new Depp. it’s all fake

Shotgun Willie
Jul 13, 2005
Shotgun Toting Hick
Yeah Old Bakery Beer will curbside or deliver farm fresh eggs and bags of flour with your beer and hot food, hope they survive this and while I do miss getting a Big Elwood at Fast Eddie's I'm sure those fuckers were part of the pack yelling at Prenzler to let 'er RIP! T. Corona told the board we're hanging on by our fingertips and they stomped on them.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Good Citizen posted:

Good Time is an extremely good movie though.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/hum_bolega/status/1249787579148333056?s=21

https://twitter.com/singaporestevem/status/1248847751737032709?s=21

Man Musk has issued a correction as of 05:15 on May 13, 2020

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Zberan Madowinty posted:

Well my temp is 99.3 and my throat is dry as hell. No coughing yet but I feel like the back of my left lung hurts a little when I breathe deep.

I'll update if I die. Reopening iowa and making my wife go back to work may have killed me. gently caress you govdr or Reynolds, gently caress you Trump, death to America. Put it on my tombstone.

Had to go to the University of Iowa Hospital yesterday and now I’m in quarantine until June 8th. Went through a roni gauntlet of coughing people so I would also like to wish our governor a hearty gently caress you. Anyway, I hope you don’t die.

facetoucher cat posted:

:(

Don't die but if you do let me know if heaven's a half pipe. Here's a link to COPD breathing exercises that my doctor told me to do and that she's had her roni patients do (that I've been meaning to link) I do them alone because I think Iook stupid doing them but they really help

https://www.lung.org/lung-health-diseases/wellness/breathing-exercises

Thanks for this!

I love attention too but putting this much effort into it doesn’t seem worth it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good Citizen posted:

If you look up the article it's full of glamour shots of him being a Hot Mess

Segue
May 23, 2007

facetoucher cat posted:

Yeah I always avoided them just because on the face of them they sound horrible but I made a mug brownie a couple weeks ago out of curiosity and it was great.

The oil acts as a leavener in the microwave and they actually have quite decent texture, and you can get a molten centre. Microwaves have a valid place as a cooking utensil and the science behind them is cool.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the description of the perfect pasta being a messy bun on a girl is some big fan service

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/dimitrifautsch/status/1260301142761910277?s=21

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Robert Pattinson owns and has a history of loving with the press:

" The Time Robert Pattinson Blatantly Lied on the Today Show posted:

Matt Lauer opened the interview about the circus-themed movie by asking if Pattinson ever dreamed of running away to the circus. No, Pattinson responded. He did not. “The first time I went to see the circus, somebody died,” Pattinson said. “One of the clowns died.”

Although the rules of morning news shows dictate asking a softball question, ignoring whatever generic response comes out of the attractive person’s mouth, and moving onto the next softball question, Lauer followed up. “How did he die?” Lauer asked, displaying genuine surprise at an answer that wasn’t regurgitated PR pabulum.

Pattinson answered immediately. “His little car exploded. The joke car exploded on him.”

At this point, a clearly flabbergasted Lauer, not expecting to discuss bloody clown death at 7 in the morning, goes, “Are you being serious right now?” And without pausing, Pattinson doubled down, filling in the details of his childhood trauma: “Seriously. Yeah. My parents had to — everybody ran out. It was terrifying. It was the only time I’ve ever been to the circus.” The Today show ran its online rollout of the story with the headline, “For Robert Pattinson, circuses are scarier than vampires.”

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Still a better looking crowd than an EA sport video game.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

if it gets windy enough the whole crowd will do the wave

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

yeah he’s a pretty self aware dude and he was absolutely loving with the GQ guy.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

The Oldest Man posted:

No, it was because the flu was placed under unusual selection pressure from WW1 hospital camps that favored lethality (the opposite of selection pressure in most environments) and that more-lethal form is what circulated in the second wave of the pandemic. Had nothing to do with people contracting it multiple times.

That’s interesting and lead me down a rabbit hole

Marx Headroom posted:

cant have coke fueled sex parties remotely

Well not with that attitude, no.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Spoondick posted:

if it gets windy enough the whole crowd will do the wave

"Stoppage in play as more fans have entered the playing area"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
the fake fans are weird

https://youtu.be/72dxSi8yK54

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Welp, I'm going to starve.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

buy him an account so nerds can whine about him in QCS

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Segue posted:

Yeah I always avoided them just because on the face of them they sound horrible but I made a mug brownie a couple weeks ago out of curiosity and it was great.

The oil acts as a leavener in the microwave and they actually have quite decent texture, and you can get a molten centre. Microwaves have a valid place as a cooking utensil and the science behind them is cool.

Mug cakes are really good with ice cream since you're eating them hot and the ice cream gets all melty :unsmith:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Durf posted:

One of my fave SA stories was where a girl's blind date was going well and she ended up back at the dude's place. He's got a pizza in the oven and they're making out, but when the timer goes off he pulls away and gets this look of terror on his face, and says "This is my least favorite part "

He opens the oven and immediately grabs the pan barehanded, screaming like a maniac.

There was no second date

I think of this story every time I make a pizza in the oven, and it never fails to make me smile.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Microwaves are great and real chefs use them all the time

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

microwaves are the closest thing we have to actual factual magic next to light bulbs

magnetrons are so fuckin cool

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Since we got an air fryer I don't do it as much, but I love microwaved leftover pizza because I am a sicko and my wife judges me for it

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

oxsnard posted:

how else are you going to cook rice?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

a.lo posted:

In a rice cooker.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol if you don't make personal pizzas from scratch that you finish in one sitting

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I hope the NYT one day has the guts to print something like this, instead of merely making it a "Times Pick" in the comments section.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

a.lo posted:

you loving monster

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
QCS is no different than the whining to mods people do here. "Just a prob!?"

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

oxsnard posted:

Ah I see you're a fan of the fine quality foods served at Six Bags Cinemas.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

sincx posted:

I hope the NYT one day has the guts to print something like this, instead of merely making it a "Times Pick" in the comments section.

nyt comment section but also not wrong

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
There are plenty of good posts in nyt comments

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

thats awesome. the lighthouse was so good. i plan on watching Cosmopolis next.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

oxsnard posted:

you loving monster

1 cup rice, 1 3/4 cups water, 11 minutes on high

You're welcome

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
just googled and made this mug brownie, waiting for it to cool now

seems like a good idea

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

MorrisBae posted:

1 cup rice, 1 3/4 cups water, 11 minutes on high

You're welcome

No way. I refuse to believe this

But.... but I must try it now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

SKULL.GIF posted:

Try a smaller squirt but also adding some vinegar.

Tks!