Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Magical Ponies posted:

Thanks, everyone! I didn’t take full advantage of the fishing tourney the first time around, so it’s nice to have a million points. Would have opened it sooner but I think I spent most of the day going to nook islands to fill the empty house. Time lost all meaning.

But, I did end up with Raymond. One day, I will finally have Lobo but for now, hipster office cat will do.

Thanks for hosting, it was a lot of fun! I didn't get a shark but I did get the dumbest looking fish in the universe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Calico Heart posted:

It's a beautiful morning in Bluebell! I'll leave my gates open a couple hours while afk

Zucker is making an Angled Signpost
Sahara is in town and she always has the good stuff
There's a rotten turnip that spawns ants and flies farely well near Weelum's house
Nook's is selling an Ant Farm, Arcade Cabinet, Medicine Ball, Projector and a weird-rear end doll. Tulips, pansies and hyacinths
Abel's are selling froggy and doggy masks
A couple fossils near the bridge to the SW funfair area (not many, so only take what you need!)
Turnips are going for like 75 so leave em at home folks

M1T6P

Watering of flowers appreciated as I would like some orange hybrid pansies to finish off my victorian garden. If anyone has any loose starbits, I only need a couple more for a UFO and really want to make my themed minigolf course!

Closed! Thanks folks

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Mau-Mau is open again because Redd is visiting and Kidd is making golden armor.

Dodo code: CLOSED

Kidd is directly to the left of the plaza

Redd has fake wistful painting, fake scary painting and fake famous painting as well as candlesticks and the red/black color wheel with diamonds.

Redd is at the back/top of the island. Bring a ladder. Someday I’ll terraform that area. Just not right now. :v:

Edit: Turnips are currently 148

SilentChaz fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 13, 2020

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

SilentChaz posted:

Dodo code: JG37G

Kidd is directly to the left of the plaza

Redd has fake wistful painting, fake scary painting and fake famous painting as well as candlesticks and the red/black color wheel with diamonds.

Redd is at the back/top of the island. Bring a ladder. Someday I’ll terraform that area. Just not right now. :v:

I'm not sure you can get rid of the cliffs. I tried but it told me the ground was too risky to proceed with removing the plateau

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Turnips going for 569
Opening up for an hour or so.
Dodo Code: BTLMV

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

SilentChaz posted:

Dodo code: JG37G

Thanks! Left you a tip in front of your house

Babyberry
Oct 16, 2004
Hi everyone! Turnips in Cloverport are 450 today. Here’s the turnip exchange link for anyone who would like to visit!

https://turnip.exchange/island/401c33e4

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

givepatajob posted:

Turnips going for 569

Nice on my way

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Lurdiak posted:

Does anyone have a blue corner to trade?

Lol.

Do you still need a blue corner? I've got one you can have, let me know the easiest way to get it to you

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

givepatajob posted:

Turnips going for 569

5nice

Thanks for opening up! Sorry I got disconnected without saying thanks.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Anyone got any golf clubs they're willing to trade?

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

givepatajob posted:

Turnips going for 569

Apologies. Gotta shut down for now.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I have Lopez in boxes today if anyone wants a nice smug antelope to move onto their island. PM me and I can open up/shoot you a Dodo code.

Boonoo
Nov 4, 2009

ASHRAKAN!
Take your Thralls and dive back into the depths! Give us the meat and GO!
Grimey Drawer
Are there any DIYs that are especially worth opening up an island for? I love getting new recipes, so I’m happy in almost any case. But what’s worth the extra effort of opening and staying open?

My sense is that anything ironwood, the cutting board, and anything gold tends to get called out a lot.

Anything else that folks are hunting for?

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Oh cool, my island is buying nips at 548. I'm too lazy for the exchange or anything, so in a decision I'm sure I will never learn to regret, here's a dodo code: closed.

The sisters are selling a crown for 1.2 million bells if you're looking to spend all your hard-earned bells immediately afterwards, and there's a couple fossils and DIY recipes on the ground that are free to a good home.

e: Managed to cause a software crash, fun. Updated the code.

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 13, 2020

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'm not sure you can get rid of the cliffs. I tried but it told me the ground was too risky to proceed with removing the plateau

You can definitely have your island completely flat. My boyfriend ended up doing that because he didn't want to bother with ladders or inclines. It's really weird, just having a flat plane to run across, but it does make things feel more open.

Vonnegut Asterisk
Apr 14, 2007

Brandon, you put Pat White down this instant young man!

fancy stats posted:

Oh cool, my island is selling nips at 548. I'm too lazy for the exchange or anything, so in a decision I'm sure I will never learn to regret, here's a dodo code: 5SMSF.

The sisters are selling a crown for 1.2 million bells if you're looking to spend all your hard-earned bells immediately afterwards, and there's a couple fossils and DIY recipes on the ground that are free to a good home.

Nice! My wife and I are both going to stop by if that's okay. Is there anything you're looking for?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Soysaucebeast posted:

You can definitely have your island completely flat. My boyfriend ended up doing that because he didn't want to bother with ladders or inclines. It's really weird, just having a flat plane to run across, but it does make things feel more open.

I might try this again, maybe I tried it from a wrong angle

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hobo Clown posted:

Do you still need a blue corner? I've got one you can have, let me know the easiest way to get it to you

Come and visit my island.

JFTQK

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I didn't buy turnips this week but they are at 204 bells now. Some free stuff left at the tent site.

Dodo code:

8FG28

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Vonnegut Asterisk posted:

Nice! My wife and I are both going to stop by if that's okay. Is there anything you're looking for?

I don't need anything, thanks, just paying it forward for the generous goons who have let me offload my turnips whenever my island failed to top 100.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Boonoo posted:

Are there any DIYs that are especially worth opening up an island for? I love getting new recipes, so I’m happy in almost any case. But what’s worth the extra effort of opening and staying open?

My sense is that anything ironwood, the cutting board, and anything gold tends to get called out a lot.

Bamboo stuff is sought after too.

(Source: me. I'm collecting the bamboo DIYs.)

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

fancy stats posted:

I don't need anything, thanks, just paying it forward for the generous goons who have let me offload my turnips whenever my island failed to top 100.

Will do! cheers.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Is there a way to make my villagers get up earlier? Mira is still in bed when I leave for work every day and it's bothers me. Wake up, I wanna give you coconuts!

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Boonoo posted:

Gravestones (western- and zen-style). Anything for gardens like the stone lion-dog or stone lanterns.

Bookshelves seem like something people will open up for regularly. I don't even have that recipe yet myself because every time I see it posted the island is either closed already or there's been a communication error.

Even little unexpected decorative things like decoy ducks and matryoshkas seem to be kind of rare-ish.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Long shot, but are there any AUS/NZ goons up right now with Celeste in their town? I think today is the day I get the one DIY I've been wanting since the very beginning.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

fancy stats posted:

Oh cool, my island is buying nips at 548. I'm too lazy for the exchange or anything, so in a decision I'm sure I will never learn to regret, here's a dodo code: 5SMSF.

If you’re still open I’d love to stop by. I haven’t visited a goon island before so this is a new experience for me

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Do too many flowers count as clutter? Isabelle keeps saying the island is too cluttered, but it’s fastidiously weeded and de-sticked; we have lots of fields of flowers, however.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

Do too many flowers count as clutter? Isabelle keeps saying the island is too cluttered, but it’s fastidiously weeded and de-sticked; we have lots of fields of flowers, however.

I'm pretty sure clutter is only "dropped" items

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Opening УЖЛЕК for the next while.
Saharah is here,
There Sisters have paintball masks and some cool stuff.
Fossils and DIY to the left of the airport,
Nooks has a Fighting Arcade Game, tricycle, pink stereo, sewing kit, and some game. Nips are only 120.
Frita's making an Apple Chair

New DoDo: Closed Thanksn

Vaginaface fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 13, 2020

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Crossposted from the r/ relationship thread :

Reddit posted:

AITA for deleting my gf's Animal Crossing island?

quote:

We have one copy of Animal Crossing, and one switch. Both belong to me, I paid for them, but I've always said that we share them. We can't afford to spend any money on another game or gaming system.

I have been working from home, and my gf has been running an etsy shop from home as well that's been surpringly lucrative (she sells little paintings of video game characters). We're getting by pretty fine in the pandemic, but we're stuck at home with not much to do.

I had pre-ordered animal crossing forever ago. my gf begged me to get it, but i was gonna get it anyway cause I loved acnl. When it showed up, I didn't have time to play it. I was under a lot of stress and making up the work of 3 people. My gf asked if she could play, and I said sure but I might want to make my own game if I dont like the villagers/island layout she picked.

she said fine and blah blah

fastforward now. work calmed down, I have a lot more free time. I decided I wanted to play animal crossing now, so without thinking I started a new game.

The next day, when she picked up the switch and saw her island was gone, she got upset. She told me I ruined all her work and she had spent the last 3 nights hunting for the stupid popular cat, Raymond (who I hate).

I told her that I had warned her when she started that I might end up resetting. She said I was taking too long and that was several weeks ago, and there was no reason I couldn't just share the island she had already started, she said she made a space just for me to put my house by a big lighthouse, because she knows I love lighthouses and even collect them. She got angry and upset and locked herself in our room.

Later, I decided to go try to talk to her again, maybe see if we could make a compromise.

I enter our room and she's got a framed picture in her lap -- one that I had hung on the wall by our bed. She's painting on it. I go see and she's in the process of painting that loving animal crossing cat on my lighthouse picture! I yell at her to stop and she starts going on about how I have to control how everything looks, and it isn't fair I get to have lighthouse pictures in our room if she can't even control anything about the animal crossing island we share. Yeah, I have 6 lighthouses in our bedroom, but I was living here first, and she's only been living with me for a year. and animal crossing is my game. I told her she shouldn't have been upset that I wanted to control what happens in my game.

Now I'm pissed because she potentially ruined one of my paintings, and she's pissed because she lost her island (and I dont want Raymond on our island).

AITA???

op posted:

I don't care what villagers are on our island. she can pick whatever ones she wants...…..just not Raymond. He looks like my dad, and I hate my dad. I have a real reason for hating the cat.

Clumsy Card House
Jan 6, 2008

^^^jfc sounds like a totally stable and mature relationship.

Question! Does a second account on the same island watering flowers increase the hybrid multiplier or does it have to be someone from a different island? Google is failing me.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So apparently Redd can offer 4 fake paintings. Huh.... well thanks for waiting 2 weeks to show up with literal garbage

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Yeah, there's a reason paintings making a comeback did not excite me when they announced that. It's been a pain in the rear end to complete the art gallery in almost every Animal Crossing game, and they kept all the worst parts from New Leaf. (Spot the difference is neat. Redd no longer being a guaranteed weekly visit was not.) It's a massive time and RNG gate that just makes things way more annoying than they should be.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/kaiju_sommelier/status/1260581968112205825?s=21

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Does anyone have the DIY recipe for the blue iron fence currently in their nook machine? Or just know the recipe themselves and would be willing to make me about 60 of them if I provide the materials? I'm working on a project where I'm giving all my villagers themed yards, and need it for Bluebear and Sherb.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

Flowers count as occupying a space and a fully grown flower is +1 points to your island score. Curiously, weeds aren't actually bad for island rating. What is bad is having 8x8 areas of nearly solid "stuff." Make sure none of your flower fields are too solid.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Vince MechMahon posted:

Does anyone have the DIY recipe for the blue iron fence currently in their nook machine? Or just know the recipe themselves and would be willing to make me about 60 of them if I provide the materials? I'm working on a project where I'm giving all my villagers themed yards, and need it for Bluebear and Sherb.

I can make them for you. 6 iron gives 10 pieces.

I'll come to you to make.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I'm finally gonna have Coach in boxes tomorrow. I know there was a good who wanted him because they share a birthday. The birthday passed but are they still interested? I can't remember who it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

In other news, Boots was absorbed by the darkness because no one wanted him.

My wife and I hated Boots, and when he finally moved away we pretended he had died and held a funeral for him. I might put the video up if I ever get around to editing it.

good riddance boots, rest in piss