Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

And i hate the epic quests. I keep failing because it will be "do 2 pvp battles" and I'll run my daily, do 2 more quests, and then ooops, need to run 2 more pvps, and now i have to wait for tomorrow. It took me 5 goes to get moon spider to t2, and i said never again.
Have you done them recently? They tweaked the Heroic Quests the same time they did all the Dimension Mission overhauls and I think they made them all a lot easier and less "I JUST loving DID THAT!" restrictive. Like there's still "get 10 wins in Timeline" stuff or the occasional "Beat World Boss 3 times" too close to each other, but for the most part of finish my "week" in like 2 or 3 days.

I mean I just do Luke Cage ones for the free stuff and because I like having "missions" to kind of change up my routine but one day I'll go get the moon spider guy to T2 with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

Have you done them recently? They tweaked the Heroic Quests the same time they did all the Dimension Mission overhauls and I think they made them all a lot easier and less "I JUST loving DID THAT!" restrictive. Like there's still "get 10 wins in Timeline" stuff or the occasional "Beat World Boss 3 times" too close to each other, but for the most part of finish my "week" in like 2 or 3 days.

I mean I just do Luke Cage ones for the free stuff and because I like having "missions" to kind of change up my routine but one day I'll go get the moon spider guy to T2 with it.

Maybe I'll try them again. I have White Fox pretty close to being GL20, and I just finish buying Mystique boxes to get her to t2. She really is good and worth the cost. I think i bought 3 boxes?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I have Iceman, Sabertooth, Emma Frost, Wave, and White Fox all at T2 and I think 3-4 purchases was the number for all of them.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I went a bit overboard and now I've got 2 mega T2s. No idea who to use them on. Too many premium choices, since I stopped playing for a year or two, due to spending way too much money (didn't help, came back and started spending again, so I could get shame level 20 (was halfway when I quit)).

So my T1s are: Weapon Hex, Nightcrawler, Gorilla Man (20x4), Jessica Jones (20x4), Molten Man (20x4), Red Guardian (20x4), Sword Master, Ulik (20x4), Volstagg (20x4), White Tiger (20x4), Blue Dragon, Hydro-Man (20x4), Whiplash (20x4), Fandral (20x4), Ghost, Hellcat (20x4), Karnak (20x4), Korath (20x4), Sun Bird, Viper (20x4), Yelena, Slapstick, Mister Sinister, Crescent.

It's a waste using a mega on those with 20x4 gears, but I have no idea if any of the others are worth it.

Datasmurf fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 13, 2020

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

The Dave posted:

You’re thinking of a regular T2 ticket. The whole point of the mega is you can skip right to T2 regardless of any of their attributes. I recently used a mega T2 on a one star Nick Fury.

I believe, you are thinking of the T2 Selector. The Mega T2 still requires a 6* character. The regular T2 requires 6* Mastery with all gear at 20.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

Datasmurf posted:

I went a bit overboard and now I've got 2 mega T2s. No idea who to use them on. Too many premium choices, since I stopped playing for a year or two, due to spending way too much money (didn't help, came back and started spending again, so I could get shame level 20 (was halfway when I quit)).

So my T1s are: Weapon Hex, Nightcrawler, Gorilla Man (20x4), Jessica Jones (20x4), Molten Man (20x4), Red Guardian (20x4), Sword Master, Ulik (20x4), Volstagg (20x4), White Tiger (20x4), Blue Dragon, Hydro-Man (20x4), Whiplash (20x4), Fandral (20x4), Ghost, Hellcat (20x4), Karnak (20x4), Korath (20x4), Sun Bird, Viper (20x4), Yelena, Slapstick, Mister Sinister, Crescent.

It's a waste using a mega on those with 20x4 gears, but I have no idea if any of the others are worth it.

Weapon Hex is the winner there. She's good in WBU and a great striker.

EDIT: Blue Dragon is the best of the Warriors of the Sky.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

I believe, you are thinking of the T2 Selector. The Mega T2 still requires a 6* character. The regular T2 requires 6* Mastery with all gear at 20.

Dang look at that you're right. I didn't remember using two tickets on Fury.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dave posted:

Dang look at that you're right. I didn't remember using two tickets on Fury.

Did you buy him through the Legendary Quest? Fury, Ghost, and Nadia Van Pym can be bought as 6* for crystals. I haven't checked if Yelena can but that's how I got all of them.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I actually got him from the hero chest net marble gave out I think for Covid.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

Did you buy him through the Legendary Quest? Fury, Ghost, and Nadia Van Pym can be bought as 6* for crystals. I haven't checked if Yelena can but that's how I got all of them.

Nadia? Is that with the Legendary Battle Extreme for Ant Man and the Wasp?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The other Wasp. But I guess I was wrong. She's not in the Ant-Man and Wasp section. I misremembered.

Yelena IS for sale though for 1050 crystals.

That’s her costume. I’m a moron.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 14, 2020

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I'm only playing again in order to T2 Red Guardian and Mythic his costume

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

thats beta ray bills hammer yeh?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

punchymcpunch posted:

thats beta ray bills hammer yeh?

Hell ya. I wonder who else we'll get in that update.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It says 2 objects and the red chains are apparently Cosmic Ghost Rider. Who is apparently an alternate universe version of Punisher so maybe a costume. He's apparently on a Guardians of the Galaxy team with Beta Ray Bill, Star-Lord, Groot, Phyla-Vell, and Moondragon. Silver Surfer and Odin are mixed up with him too so maybe a costume/T3 for one of them. Would fit with Odin winning that poll and Bill.

Prediction
New Characters: Bill, Phyla, and Moondragon
Costumes: Star-Lord, Groot, Punisher, and Odin.
T3: Odin

I weirdly love doing this detective work/guessing game when a new update shows up.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ooh i missed the chains, just too busy looking at Stormbreaker.

And yea, Moondragon is the only character I can think of that's associated with BRB and the Guardians that's not in the same in some way. Like we have kind of a Quasar.

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

STAC Goat posted:

It says 2 objects and the red chains are apparently Cosmic Ghost Rider. Who is apparently an alternate universe version of Punisher so maybe a costume. He's apparently on a Guardians of the Galaxy team with Beta Ray Bill, Star-Lord, Groot, Phyla-Vell, and Moondragon. Silver Surfer and Odin are mixed up with him too so maybe a costume/T3 for one of them. Would fit with Odin winning that poll and Bill.

Prediction
New Characters: Bill, Phyla, and Moondragon
Costumes: Star-Lord, Groot, Punisher, and Odin.
T3: Odin

I weirdly love doing this detective work/guessing game when a new update shows up.

The Odin rework is 6 months out, per Netmarble.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
I realized I don't know what shield level actually does or where to find out in the app. Can anyone tell me?

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
Partly out of expectation for the upcoming movie and partly because he was my first "good" character and I'm sentimental about him I have now almost maxed out Carnage. I still need to do do type enhancement and his Urus still have a couple 5* as opposed to 6* and I also need to figure out his custom gear since the one I have puts him over ignore defense by 17% but overall pretty complete. It's awesome having a maxed out useless character.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I don't have Professor X and the sale ends tomorrow. I'm not likely to earn him freely through qualified Danger Room weekly rewards. I played just enough of that to get Rachel and Negasonic to T2 and the occasional quest requirement to play it. I've only got about 2200 crystals saved up so I'd have to drop ~$20 or whatever. I'm a character collector primarily so it kinda bugs me not having him. Originally I'd have dropped the crystals the second he came out but I've been cooling on the game lately, not to mention FTP phone games in general after Avengers Academy shut down and took my money with it.

Does anyone use him much? Is he worth the 4500-1250 crystals or whatever it works out to? Did Rachel and Negasonic ever become available a different way that I didn't notice?

DarkAvenger211 posted:

I realized I don't know what shield level actually does or where to find out in the app. Can anyone tell me?

Good question. Mine has been maxed at 70 so long I don't even remember. Leveling it up would reset your energy to full. I don't remember what else it does. I couldn't find info on it in game or by googling. Did it have something to do with being able to autocomplete missions and how many entries you have into things? Maybe your character level max? It's been revamped enough that I don't know anymore.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think its mostly tied to collection rates and buffs and stuff like that like cards.

I made my decision I was skipping Professor X a month ago because I was just tired of giving all my crystals to the new one. I'll probably regret that when I can never get him but I made my decision and its easier now because I'm not dropping the money he would cost to get enough crystals now. What's done is done. I should have just enough crystals for another costume before this sale ends.

MonkeyBot posted:

Partly out of expectation for the upcoming movie and partly because he was my first "good" character and I'm sentimental about him I have now almost maxed out Carnage. I still need to do do type enhancement and his Urus still have a couple 5* as opposed to 6* and I also need to figure out his custom gear since the one I have puts him over ignore defense by 17% but overall pretty complete. It's awesome having a maxed out useless character.

I miss when my completely useless Falcon was ranked 3rd and I couldn't figure out how to make up those last two spots and now he's fallen all the way to 11th. A silly useless goal failed.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Yeah, I don't have Silver Surfer or Professor X and IDGAF any more.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

bagrada posted:

I don't have Professor X and the sale ends tomorrow. I'm not likely to earn him freely through qualified Danger Room weekly rewards. I played just enough of that to get Rachel and Negasonic to T2 and the occasional quest requirement to play it. I've only got about 2200 crystals saved up so I'd have to drop ~$20 or whatever. I'm a character collector primarily so it kinda bugs me not having him. Originally I'd have dropped the crystals the second he came out but I've been cooling on the game lately, not to mention FTP phone games in general after Avengers Academy shut down and took my money with it.

Does anyone use him much? Is he worth the 4500-1250 crystals or whatever it works out to? Did Rachel and Negasonic ever become available a different way that I didn't notice?

i grabbed him to make up 10k in the last crystal spend event, and have him at t2. hes definitely the best of the three, as dps and as a world boss striker, but i dunno. im guessing hes just never going to get a costume, because theres no way anyone could ever get enough bios to level one up, so he will inevitably fall behind and never get improved. negasonic was pretty good when she was released and shes already useless, what, 6 months later?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

They could make his costume cost other stuff than bios like jean and the other native T2s. We'll see if they do anything for Adam Warlock this patch since he's a similar boat. They have kind of left the Ultimates in the dust so far.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Professor X is pretty good though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So subsequent sneak peaks have confirmed Phyla Vel but also Gladiator, Nova, and Starhawk? Apparently this is indeed a Guardians of the Galaxy story called The Final Gauntlet and there looks like there's a lot of people to choose from for it including Silver Surfer, Thanos, Moondragon, Hela, The Starjammers, Starfox, Howard the Duck, Quasar, and of course the main Guardians.

I say this all the time but its kinda feeling like an Epic Quest to me. The way they're talking about a unified threat in space and the way the sneak peak images feel like an incomplete puzzle of a comic cover feels more cohesive and bigger than the usual update to me.

I guess its probably just Bill and Ghost Rider hiding in that last piece. I don't know. I just really like Epic Quests.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 19, 2020

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Cosmic Ghost Rider and Beta Ray Bill are already blurry in the background of the other pictures. That hair and gun is almost certainly Starlord, though.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i always say "well we're due for an epic quest" and it never is one

but we are due for one

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

star turd is this months t3. rest in piece. another month of farming ccfs i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ZVVAkbwE4

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

star turd is this months t3. rest in piece. another month of farming ccfs i guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ZVVAkbwE4

lol another blast t3 why not

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i hope theres one more sneak peak to announce two new captain america uniforms

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like that they couldn't get an actual classic rock song for him to dance to. Also his costume looks weird.

Otherwise I'm not mad. I'm still way behind on Thanos and Apocalypse and Strange and Crescent and Widow and Bucky and don't even have Professor X or Namor. I'm comforted that I don't feel the need to bump this month's T3 to the top of the list.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Hour lucky and pulled a Rage CTP. Who should I put it on? Luna has my other one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got Wanda to t3, don't know who to work on next. Maybe just get Thor out of the way.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

How is T3 Wanda? I've got her and Dr Strange ready except for the CCF. Quicksilver was my next to do, but I really don't like him meta or not so I may do Thor or Black Widow instead. I didn't work up my challenge levels at all while strikers were consistently OP so I'm hurting for CCF, getting 16 a day only if I'm lucky. I've actually had T3 Jean die to 19 Wanda, first time I've seen that. Though to be fair I was just button mashing, which usually works for Jean. I had to finish off the last sliver of health with Wong (in for potential) which was hilarious. Luna and Deadpool still melt health bars so I need to keep pushing with them at least to catch up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wanda's T3 skill is a little underwhelming. I mean, its good, but its not one of those major killers that erases like 6 health bars. But I think T3 upped her regular skills enough that now she's kind of surpassed Jean as my #1 energy option and is neck and neck with Deadpool for #1 overall. I'm also still using her Infinity War costume so I imagine I'm a step or two behind if you have the more recent costumes.

T3 Quicksilver is probably my #2-4 physical option behind Deadpool (Lady Deadpool) and competing with Mr. F (no costume) and Wolverine (House of X). I don't have any costume with him, so again, I'm playing behind and he's probably even better if you have the latest costume. Its mostly a question of circumstances with those three. Wolverine's tougher but not as powerful, Mr. F does the best damage but is the softest, Quick is probably the mid ground between the two and good against Blasters.

I still haven't gotten a handle on Luna being a killer. I don't know what I'm missing. I'm either getting her fashion costume or Jean's House of X next. Maybe that's what pushes her over the edge.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I gave Luna rage, her newest costume, misty knight lead and white fox, and she's my #1 for most fights in fast damage. Lady deadpool competes, Jean used to be easymode but either her new costume downgraded her or she needed the strikers to hit hard because mines been flagging on damage. Not bad though, bars drop steadily but don't evaporate. I only have energy on her though. Mr F with uniform can get the job done fast if protected and not unlucky. Everyone else I have at t3 takes a while to kill a teens or 20s uwb and has to do the mechanics and or a rotation (Caps A and M, Namor, Thanos, Apoc, Cyke even though I usually run him with Jean).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have a CTP of Energy on Luna. I just got a Rage. Maybe I'll switch them out. I have a whole bunch of CTPs I gotta find homes for. I never really know where to place them. I have a Destruction on Wanda which might be why she's my #1 but that ranking says only 10% of people have one of those on her and most have a Transcendence. I have a couple of those but maybe people just put them on her because they have a bunch too? I have no idea.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

I still haven't gotten a handle on Luna being a killer. I don't know what I'm missing. I'm either getting her fashion costume or Jean's House of X next. Maybe that's what pushes her over the edge.

The trick with Luna is that with Rage, you can hit the proc and use her 6 skill, then cancel it into 4 and 5. So, you get a ton of damage from her 6 skill hitting while you're also throwing a bunch of other crap out. Any boss that's vulnerable to energy melts pretty quickly. You can do the same with Judgment but it won't do as much damage and I think the other CTPs only give you bonuses for one attack, so you don't get the extra damage on her other skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bagrada posted:

I've actually had T3 Jean die to 19 Wanda, first time I've seen that. Though to be fair I was just button mashing, which usually works for Jean. I had to finish off the last sliver of health with Wong (in for potential) which was hilarious. Luna and Deadpool still melt health bars so I need to keep pushing with them at least to catch up.

WBU Wanda is kind of just complete madness. If there's a pattern or trick to her it complete eludes me. Its just lasers and balls and beams and darkness and random 20 second spells where you can't go anywhere or target anything and just madness. I mostly resort to tagging in sacrificial lambs or people with double lives and hoping I can kill her in the next opening. And then I get frustrated and drop down to Level 1.