Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/JeffProbst/status/1260315547050242048

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I don't see Tony getting the bitter jury treatment. Everyone there knows he's a crazy player there to make big moves and gently caress people over. It's the players that are nice and friendly and then gently caress their friends over on the way to the end that get the bitter jury treatment. (Or the really big douchebags like Russel that everyone just hates the entire time).

One of the only curveballs I could see working against Tony is if, like, Sophie & Kim are vocally lobbying against someone playing the polar opposite style of game as them. I know Sophie has spoken out against making moves just for the sake of making them in the past; maybe combine that with a bitter Jeremy and you can get anti-Tony sentiment to win on exile.

That being said — I don't think Tony really fits the mold of standard aimless modern Survivor finalist. He genuinely thrives in chaos and is playing a game that benefits him more than anyone else. And the guy who makes moves basically always wins. I'd be shocked if he makes it ot the finals and loses

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, as chaotic as Tony's style is all his moves have made enough sense that I'm not sure he'll even have to explain or justify them. And the fact that even if a Sophie, Kim, or Jeremy is mad and questions him is answer is basically "I have to get you out before you could win this from me" plays to the right "kiss the jury's rear end" vibe.

Most players who suffer a "bitter jury" either do so because they're just assholes, refuse to own their poo poo, or played so far under the radar mo one really believes them about their games. Tony really doesn't have any of those problems. His biggest worry is probably that F4 immunity/fire.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
This jury is also a bit more level-headed (I mean, you have Sophie and freaking Yul on it) and have probably had nothing to do on Edge but discuss who's playing the best game. I think only the freshest jurors would be going into Tribal with a vengeance, if any.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Boston Rob better have some vengeance saved up for Ben

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's pretty late, but they finally made opening credits for the season.

This makes IoI the only season not to have them, and I wouldn't be surprised if it never did thanks to Dan (honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that's why Previously On was done away with as well).

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Hopeful that at one point in the Finale, Sia will pop out from behind that set to offer money for some players.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Inject this straight into my veins.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

hopefully the eoe returnee wins so I never have to watch this show again

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Haha for Parv they use a clip of her reaching for and missing the rope in that jump off the platform challenge

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

coulda been a $3 million prize if they didn't spend so much of the budget on cannons

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Amber will make it back from EOE and somehow make it to the end where Rob will tell everyone what an amazing game she's played and they will get the 2 million survivor bux

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
oh god the final tribunal is gonna be through zoom lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lot of rope indeed

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In an absolutely terrible claustrophobic quarantine mood. Here's hoping live Survivor finale helps and I don't be a dick to you guys. Entertainment Tonight nearly broke me.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If Natalie doesn't win with those advantages, that's crazy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silly Burrito posted:

If Natalie doesn't win with those advantages, that's crazy.

What the hell is happening lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao oh no

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That advantage seemed huge but nat is dragging so far uh oh

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

This is BRUTAL

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The knot thing was definitely an equalizer for all those advantages. Sort of thing you can just get stuck in. Those other advantages give her a chance to come back though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This is a workout for Jeff lol

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Fire tokens are in-game currency, Natalie is the one who spent $$$ on IAP

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
That was way too close.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
First out, last in

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Woah. That would have been brutal if Nat hadn't pulled it off.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Oh dear lord my heart

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wowww sick

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Fire tokens are in-game currency, Natalie is the one who spent $$$ on IAP

I don't know what "IAP"s are but 4 other players had advantages and other players bought food.

She might be the only player who bought an idol though. Not sure.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If Nat were to go out on the fire challenge at 4, she could get to be the first and last person voted out of the game...

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am so glad she won that.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
First boot coming back to win? :getin:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I don't know what "IAP"s are but 4 other players had advantages and other players bought food.

She might be the only player who bought an idol though. Not sure.

in-app purchases

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Amber, why are you out here?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lol oh my godddddddddddd cry me a river

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It turns out Amber is actually really self aware and cool

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I cannot deal with crying Rob :cry:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
TWINNIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
YOU WILL FEEL ALL THE FEELS